Thread: A bit of Operative Lore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A bit of Operative Lore

Well, when I chose an Operative, and read the description of an Operative when I first played Star Legends, they gave me the Impression that they are a species of Psionic humans. (Psionic as in psychic, able to do things telepathically and telekinetically, able to move or do things with their mind, probably able to even read someone else's mind)

As I read wikipedia it states their are four races in the Blackstar Chronicles, the Humans and their robot allies known as the Mode, and the Alien Skorn, and their zombie/resurrected cyborgs, the Riven.

For the classes, available, you have the Human Commando who uses Kinetic energy, the Human Engineer who uses special Tech to support themselves and their allies, then you have the Mode Operative who uses it's psionic attacks to kill things one at a time.

Wait a minute.... Since when are robots psionic? Wouldn't it make more sense for a Commando to be an android? Or even a Engineer to be a robot? (although I suspect their healing spell, Empathy, uses their emotion to heal, making Engineers a possible Psionic species of humans)

I personally would like to think Operatives are Psionic humans, beyond the fact they were given the weakest armor in the game for balancing reasons, (mainly PvP reason I bet) it would make sense logically. If your psionic, your probably more sensitive than a regular human, thus, the ideal armor for an operative is light and flexible armor. Heavy, protective armor would be too uncomfortable to wear.

One theory, is that the creator probably just envisioned the Mode as a Dps class, probably didn't know or care how it would be a Dps class, and someone simply decided that psionic power is what operatives used to attack.

Well, if Operatives are in fact, robots, they are possibly a sort of Bio bot, a machine made of flesh, or at least uses and supports some living tissue, I assume at least Operatives have a living Brain in their heads, that allows them to be Psionic.
    Last edited by Lord Elewynn; 03-26-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Wikipedia is outdated, they wrote that stuff before sl was released.

Anyway...who cares about this? hahah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

all the classes are humans

they just wear really futuristic and robotic armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

It confused me a bit as well so in my blog i try to tell a personal case of becoming an Op
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!