Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My take on latest APs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Default My take on latest APs

"Your Fly is Down" & "Pantsless Hydra" are absolutely great APs! These actually require people to not spam skills like a headless chicken and bring synergy to the table along with complementing game strategies and timing. Hopefully we see more of these APs in the future.

Now for the biggest disappointment out of all the APs.
    Just like at the start of housing it was told that this would simply we an option for most players, not a necessity, same was told about hardcore.
    So why force people to get not 1, not 2 but 3 hardcore characters to lvl 71? And one of each class, at that.
    A dev said in reply to this that achievements aren't a must, you don't have to do these APs but then the question comes: what else is there to do in the game?
    -PvP? The same rotation of the exact same people in PvP already says enough.
    -Farm gold & sit on all your gold like a dragon? Personally I don't care much for stacking pixel currency, fancy auras and expensive vanities aren't my drive.
    Back to topic, quite some people grind for top overall and almost all of them are utterly disliking these APs, as I mentioned already hardcore mode was supposed to be an option not a necessity.
    Perhaps if the P2W factor of hardcore was removed it could actually be a decent challenge but nope its just recycled content in my eyes (and no not on about the insane plat needed to revive HC toons even tho this is a semi big factor too).

Then there's the pets AP, season 10 already made the LB extremely PAY TO WIN a phat 2500 AP for 250 pets caused people who grinded nothing but were rich to climb on LB instantly.
    The latest pet AP release basically will do the same thing.

If the intention here is to make the Top players LB completely P2W then it is working. However this LB is not supposed to be about who has the biggest pocket IRL but it should be about who actually dedicated their time and effort.
    Are you guys trying to make the deciding factor for Top Players from PvE kills to who ever has the most wealth? You guys 'removed' the PvE kills from showing on LB but other than APs it is still the deciding factor to who is higher on LB. There's legit so many players on there who miss so many PvE APs but just because they are rich and own a lot of pets they climbed to the top which is honestly just sad.

I would also like to ask to increase the season time this will make up for the P2W a little bit and I do mean a very little bit by giving others the chance to increase their pet amount by means of events like eggzavier. 2 months is just way too little.

Edit: I honestly had such high hopes that Levlar event would help improve leveling HC chars for AP but guess that's not happening.
    Last edited by Abuze; 05-24-2019 at 01:49 PM.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Hi There , this is the first Justg post about Hc mode.. here he said "Hc Aps does not include on main Character "
    tbh im sure many of my friends didn't make Hc toon cus of that sentence..

many of players Have not good connection to play Hc.. i tried like 6 times and Rip....
    + Why we have to reach max Cap on 3 char? I'd never play rog class and dunno how to play with it

whats the solution? At least reduce hc ap to one toon، instead 3

make that Social ap on 3 level of Hc
    like = reach level 51 on hc (200ap)
    reach level 61 ( 300 ap)
    reach level 71 (500 ap)

here is justg post
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...9&share_type=t

11/28/18 | Preview | HARDCORE MODE
    Last edited by Salb; 05-29-2019 at 12:51 PM.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Salb For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salb View Post
    Hi There , this is the first Justg post about Hc mode.. here he said "Hc Aps does not include on main Character "
    tbh im sure many of my friends didn't make Hc toon cus of that sentence..

many of players Have not good connection to play Hc.. i tried like 6 times and Rip....
    + Why we have to reach max Cap on 3 char? I'd never play rog class and dunno how to play with it

whats the solution? At least reduce hc ap to one toon، instead 3

make that Social ap on 3 level of Hc
    like = reach level 51 on hc (200ap)
    reach level 61 ( 300 ap)
    reach level 71 (500 ap)

here is justg post

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk
    I agree with u Salb, HC APs is hard for players who have bad ping. The 3 class HC APs
    tied to main account is an unjust AP.

I support your idea!
    Avy
    12-2012

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    I agree with u Salb, HC APs is hard for players who have bad ping. The 3 class HC APs
    tied to main account is an unjust AP.

I support your idea!
    You’re giving Salb credit but not Abuze........................weird
    Last edited by Darkoptiic; 05-24-2019 at 11:01 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darkoptiic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Im a real fan of hardcore so I think its a great decision of sts. Imagine they have added the pet aps only, the lb would be even more about who pays most.
    In general Hardcore is a mode that requires a lot patience and skill so its awesome to let this influence in the top players aswell. And if u have all other aps but havent even started hardcore you would be 1st on overall atm (with 500 difference), so its not necessary to make them. It's not good that they announced hardcore aps in a wrong way, that's true. But during the 37 days you can easily get to 71, if u have time even with 3 chars.

If you have a bad ping that doesnt just affect you in hardcore only but in every map. You can make it 71 even with a bad but constant ping, if you play maps which are completely save in a party with friends. Its not impossible, you should give it a try. Its harder tho, but people who come new to the game now have disadvantages with new pet aps aswell. Leveling a hardcore char to 71 seems impossible and you might die a few times on your way but thats what the mode is about. Many players have a lot fun doing the aps, including me and hundreds of new players that joined hardcore guilds.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 05-25-2019 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Grammaaaaaarrrr

10. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Im a real fan of hardcore so I think its a great decision of sts. Imagine they have added the pet aps only, the lb would be even more about who pays most.
    In general Hardcore is a mode that requires a lot patience and skill so its awesome to let this influence in the top players aswell. And if u have all other aps but havent even started hardcore you would be 1st on overall atm (with 500 difference), so its not necessary to make them. It's not good that they announced hardcore aps in a wrong way, that's true. But during the 37 days you can easily get to 71, if u have time even with 3 chars.

If you have a bad ping that doesnt just affect you in hardcore only but in every map. You can make it 71 even with a bad but constant ping, if you play maps which are completely save in a party with friends. Its not impossible, you should give it a try. Its harder tho, but people who come new to the game now have disadvantages with new pet aps aswell. Leveling a hardcore char to 71 seems impossible and you might die a few times on your way but thats what the mode is about. Many players have a lot fun doing the aps, including me and hundreds of new players that joined hardcore guilds.
    You mind sharing to the community how many HC chars you already have to lvl 71? And how much plat you used on them?
    Even with a month remaining you still can't get HC chars to lvl 71 because you have limited quest you can do without dying or leeching off others. If I'm wrong about this come with number facts if possible

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    You mind sharing to the community how many HC chars you already have to lvl 71? And how much plat you used on them?
    Even with a month remaining you still can't get HC chars to lvl 71 because you have limited quest you can do without dying or leeching off others. If I'm wrong about this come with number facts if possible
    Ive one hardcore char at 71, with close to 0 plat used. Farmed xp elix via elite runners and klaas gives some too. With all daily quests and story line its not hard to make it in a month. With plat you can make it a lot faster (in like 10 days) but that doesnt mean you need to use it to make it this season. Im not calculating the amount u can do with dailies. Thats theoretical stuff and when u actual try to level up it takes longer mostly because people are getting lazier.
    Sure people who have ran hardcore before have an advantage. Not only the players that are 71 already, also the experience from running. What bosses are hard, what questlines are best to do first and much more. New hardcore players usually die a few times too but thats part of the mode.
    I dont want to sound rude but its much better to start the grind than complaining. I know the aps are something new and not everybody likes them. But that counts for most aps. And believe me they are possible with 0 plat spent, even easier than 75 heroics or 25 arcanes with 0 plat imo.

I still understand your point, you dont think the aps are fair since it was announced differently. Many arent fair. Im not saying you are wrong, i just say its possible to make them this season.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 05-25-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

And one more thing. Keep in mind we have no tie breaker anymore. The aps are supposed to be harder and not everybody can do all aps anymore. Me neither.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkoptiic View Post

Even weirder you posted that ^.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

And one more thing. Keep in mind we have no tie breaker anymore. The aps are supposed to be harder and not everybody can do all aps anymore. Me neither.
    Ill reply to your other thing later and tie breaker is still PvE just not displayed anymore

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

tie breaker is still PvE just not displayed anymore
    was checking lb in different towns after last update, sometimes its me top1 (i mean showed at 1st place at LB), sometimes qua, so its not truth about pve as tie breaker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaaayerrr View Post
    was checking lb in different towns after last update, sometimes its me top1 (i mean showed at 1st place at LB), sometimes qua, so its not truth about pve as tie breaker
    Thats actually true. Sometimes skype is on top, sometimes me.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 05-25-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkoptiic View Post
    LMAO. this reminded me of the comment from that other guy from that guild suggestion thread and many other instances from many different people on this forum.
    I feel its a side effect of living in a bubble. They get limited to acknowledging people who stroke their ego and nourish their narcissism. They forget 95% of the world is outside.

Anyway @HC toon APs: I think people who already have HC toons or are close to be 71 will say its a good AP. People who dont want to do this AP or cant do this AP for any reason will say its a bad AP.

Bottom line:
    1) Bad ping/connection should not be a deciding factor for this, that is not a game issue, its a end user problem that players should fix at their end.
    2) F2P/P2P should not be a deciding factor as well. F2P players can do offers or use plat eggs to get plats for buying the gear or things to level HC toons. Spending gold on plat eggs is similar to spending gold on Pet APs.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny McCormick For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Ive one hardcore char at 71, with close to 0 plat used. Farmed xp elix via elite runners and klaas gives some too. With all daily quests and story line its not hard to make it in a month. With plat you can make it a lot faster (in like 10 days) but that doesnt mean you need to use it to make it this season. Im not calculating the amount u can do with dailies. Thats theoretical stuff and when u actual try to level up it takes longer mostly because people are getting lazier.
    Sure people who have ran hardcore before have an advantage. Not only the players that are 71 already, also the experience from running. What bosses are hard, what questlines are best to do first and much more. New hardcore players usually die a few times too but thats part of the mode.
    I dont want to sound rude but its much better to start the grind than complaining. I know the aps are something new and not everybody likes them. But that counts for most aps. And believe me they are possible with 0 plat spent, even easier than 75 heroics or 25 arcanes with 0 plat imo.

I still understand your point, you dont think the aps are fair since it was announced differently. Many arent fair. Im not saying you are wrong, i just say its possible to make them this season.
    Without leeching from others you are limited to a rough amount of 11k XP from daily quest without the luxury of having an XP elixer.
    What you're saying is that it is totally possible to achieve getting not 1 but 3 HC chars in a month by only getting 11k of XP daily, now and then you can get lucky with having the time to grind elite runner chest (which you can also have bad luck and not loot a single XP elixer)? Some math doesn't add up does it now?
    The game knows that I'm far from shy to grinding hours through the day but there are limits that STS has to consider, we aren't robots, we all have our lives too, esp during this time most students have their exams.

I also know for a couple facts that you do spend plat on your HC toons, not insane amounts again, after that you have the option to get more than enough help from guildies to help you boost with more XP quest that you shouldn't be able to do alone.

This ofc all off track since STS said since the very beginning that all APs related to HC would not impact our main character whatsoever.
    Not forgetting how pet APs absolutely make the LB PAY TO WIN.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaaayerrr View Post
    My bad if that's true, I checked my spot a couple times and saw that ppl who have more PvE but same amount of APs were higher than me so I assumed STS removed PvE from displaying just for show.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Without leeching from others you are limited to a rough amount of 11k XP from daily quest without the luxury of having an XP elixer.
    What you're saying is that it is totally possible to achieve getting not 1 but 3 HC chars in a month by only getting 11k of XP daily, now and then you can get lucky with having the time to grind elite runner chest (which you can also have bad luck and not loot a single XP elixer)? Some math doesn't add up does it now?
    The game knows that I'm far from shy to grinding hours through the day but there are limits that STS has to consider, we aren't robots, we all have our lives too, esp during this time most students have their exams.

I also know for a couple facts that you do spend plat on your HC toons, not insane amounts again, after that you have the option to get more than enough help from guildies to help you boost with more XP quest that you shouldn't be able to do alone.

This ofc all off track since STS said since the very beginning that all APs related to HC would not impact our main character whatsoever.
    Not forgetting how pet APs absolutely make the LB PAY TO WIN.
    You can complete glintstone dailies and rengol alone, but its risky without experience. I count around 20k a day, with elix 30k+, with klaas 40k+. Im not going to explain my opponents my exact daily routine.
    The help from guildies comes because i have a 71 char too that can help. Seems unfair but remember I leveled that char to 71 a lot earlier, when there was nobody or just very few at the top. People who never played hardcore cant expect help from others, you cant take help without providing any aswell. Players always have advantages. People who bought pets before cheap have an advantage, while im paying literally hundreds of millions for them.
    People have their exams... they dont need to do the aps at all. Nobody should let a simple ingame Achievement influence their real life in any case. Its their personal decision. The aps arent meant for everybody to complete them season and you dont need them to stay at overall leaderboard anyways.
    I can spend as much plat for my toons as I want - the point is its not needed. U can make it to 71 in 30days without 1 plat spent.

The screenshot quoting Sts that they extracted HC aps from normal ones is completely out of context. These aps were visable in normal chars and they said: Reach Level 25,50,71 in hardcore, since that is not possible on a normal Character they made them character bound to HC chars. Now the new aps say: level ONE character to 71 (not meant to be the one the aps gets shown on but any character). Sts didnt say HC will never influence normal mode, they said "this will not affect normal mode" related to the old HC aps. Now there are new ones, which affect the normal mode aswell. In general it would have been better if they announced them as a possibility for aps on normal chars too but you know that happens when you decide to add aps later.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I agree with abuze. Imo making the “top players” leaderboard into “top payers” is extremely lame. 25 arcane and 75 heroics cost so much. How much are the heroic chests 1500 plat for 1? Just like the egg event where people were able to just buy a spot on leaderboard. I’m not sure if the level up booster thing works for hardcore but that would be even more lame. Idk how I feel about the hardcore aps.. I think it would have been better to make aps for just 1 class hardcore this season and only created from the point those aps started. Also I’m curious if anyone knows, after I get say a rogue to 71 hardcore, can I delete and make a new class ? Or do I need to use another character to make a new hardcore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yeh View Post
    I agree with abuze. Imo making the “top players” leaderboard into “top payers” is extremely lame. 25 arcane and 75 heroics cost so much. How much are the heroic chests 1500 plat for 1? Just like the egg event where people were able to just buy a spot on leaderboard. I’m not sure if the level up booster thing works for hardcore but that would be even more lame. Idk how I feel about the hardcore aps.. I think it would have been better to make aps for just 1 class hardcore this season and only created from the point those aps started. Also I’m curious if anyone knows, after I get say a rogue to 71 hardcore, can I delete and make a new class ? Or do I need to use another character to make a new hardcore
    You need 3 character slots, 1 for each class.
    No you cant use xp plat booster same as you cant open xp chests of levlar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yeh View Post
    Yea thats true you can buy some aps, they give 1k both together. But they will get easier over time when more pets get released. For this season the pet aps arent a must have to be on lb, at least the 25 arcanes and 75 arent. The others are needed I guess.
    Id love to see more aps like no gear hydra and orrick aps. Aps that demand creativity of the devs and tactic of the players to obtain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

You can complete glintstone dailies and rengol alone, but its risky without experience. I count around 20k a day, with elix 30k+, with klaas 40k+. Im not going to explain my opponents my exact daily routine.
    The help from guildies comes because i have a 71 char too that can help. Seems unfair but remember I leveled that char to 71 a lot earlier, when there was nobody or just very few at the top. People who never played hardcore cant expect help from others, you cant take help without providing any aswell. Players always have advantages. People who bought pets before cheap have an advantage, while im paying literally hundreds of millions for them.
    People have their exams... they dont need to do the aps at all. Nobody should let a simple ingame Achievement influence their real life in any case. Its their personal decision. The aps arent meant for everybody to complete them season and you dont need them to stay at overall leaderboard anyways.
    I can spend as much plat for my toons as I want - the point is its not needed. U can make it to 71 in 30days without 1 plat spent.

The screenshot quoting Sts that they extracted HC aps from normal ones is completely out of context. These aps were visable in normal chars and they said: Reach Level 25,50,71 in hardcore, since that is not possible on a normal Character they made them character bound to HC chars. Now the new aps say: level ONE character to 71 (not meant to be the one the aps gets shown on but any character). Sts didnt say HC will never influence normal mode, they said "this will not affect normal mode" related to the old HC aps. Now there are new ones, which affect the normal mode aswell. In general it would have been better if they announced them as a possibility for aps on normal chars too but you know that happens when you decide to add aps later.
    First you say you barely spent any plat then you say "I can spend as much plat as I want". Hmm contradicting yourself at its finest.
    Every single person who tried HC knows that some maps are off access unless you love to suicide. Ren gol esp can still easily get one shot.
    You talk big and like you have so much experience but there's a difference to skill and being able to spam buy store gear.
    HC has nothing to do with skill only patience and plat and every single player with some braincells knows this.
    You can keep on saying that it is possible in 30 days without 1 plat spent but the actual facts remain on the table. 11k XP from daily only without a lix and leeching from others.
    Last edited by Abuze; 05-28-2019 at 12:14 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post: