Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ebon weapons current state

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default Ebon weapons current state

Another thread about ebon weapons.
    First of all, why ebon dagger reflect damage? the description talks about a damaging aura like a super strong magma, no referement to a reflection.
    Infact daggers proc deal damage to stunned enemies but also reflect back damage, pls anyone can control that? Probably a bug in the script?
    Second point, the reflect weapons like staff and aegis. Did they really reflect? Reflect mean that I avoid the damage that I reflect so if I reflect 15 % of total dmg I also get only 85% of total damage to me (because 15% Is reflected).
    Third point, damage reflection weapons staff and aegis was fixed because reflect have no restriction. So super heavy attacks from bosses result in an instant kill of boss during proc.
    Now reflection effect is fixed, and the efficiency is based on healt. To be more precise total healt correspond in maximum reflection and the lower your healt is consequently result in less reflection.
    Well If u talk about tank class that works particularly well, but again if u talk about the mage class this is just terrible.
    Aegis have like Doble reflection and tanks have Double of mage hp. The result is the aegis proc deal x4 damage of the staff.
    I don't think this is the intended fix for those weapons, maybe staff proc will be based on total mana?
    Any suggestion?
    Some technical detail and explanation will help. Hope this will be a constructive comment.
    Ty for your time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

i think dev already fix all of ebon weapon long time ago. so will be no fix anymore atm cuz everybody already accept the way it is and no more discussion.
    maybe this can help:
    1. for dagger im completely sure there was no reflection. maybe u run with some tank that use reflect ultimate and that rogue received its buff (just maybe). i run with many rogue ebon, and mostly my friend use it before sell it. no reflection.

2. about aegis its fixed to ur current health. more health more reflect
    staff its fixed (and i think its not follow the rule of the aegis), and my mage friends is satisfied with staff, they only seems hate gun

i use that weapon and aegis proc harder than staff also last less than staff. the most weakness of the aegis is ENEMIES HAVE to attack u, if not the proc totally useless. so its depends how u use it and organize it with ur pt also skill.
    i think aegis is more likely a really tanky weapon for handle bunch of mobs like mauso, and it does fits tank job. while mage is to support while rogue focus on dmg. so yeah proc would be different bro.

So to sums it up nothing wrong with staff and the other weapon cuz its work like the way it is.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Icarusflame For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

As far as I know ebon daggers does more damage than staff.. And staff unlike aegis mage needs to take damage to get process making mage a target and tank... Ebon gun yes is worst of all worst than creeping gun.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarusflame View Post
    1. for dagger im completely sure there was no reflection.
    wrong

2. about aegis its fixed to ur current health. more health more reflect
    wrong

so will be no fix anymore
    all ebon weapons still bugged and all their procs ignoring enemy's armor, if its going stay like this... idk what to tell, maybe about ruined game or something...
    Last edited by slaaayerrr; 05-27-2019 at 05:29 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to slaaayerrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I never used curse in pve but using ebon staff made me realize how bad damage reflection is for mage class.
    It does not compliment the mage play style at all; Its hard for mage to aggro the enemy if they are in a party with tank or high damage rogue, mage dont have enough armor to handle the proc and most importantly they cannot use crowd control skills when they/anyone is using this proc.

I hope next time devs give different procs that compliment the class play style. Mage lacks on single target damage, that is the reason why DS was so successful. Its sad that we still have to use 4 different weapons to run a map even after buying ebon xD

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,891 Posts

The bugs and tech forum is not for discussions and opinions. Moving to general.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marosok View Post
    Aegis reflection work with dmg of mobs, not players hp.
    Yeah i know. If mobs deal high dmg they will received high dmg also. But like dev said in last hotfix about ebon, current hp will be the another factor that affecting the aegis proc dmg beside how much dmg that mobs deal.

Like being scaled or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

I don't have any ebon weapons... But me and a warrior with an ebon weapon can go through M6 like a wrecking ball. XD Which is fine with me. But this particular weapon did change the game for warriors & that's a fact.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Sir sorry for posting in wrong section maybe at first it seems to be a rumor post but it isn't.
    I use a full int and full strenght build, when my hp very high reflection works better.
    And what I want to say about aegis is that the situation goes out of control.
    Reflection ultimate and ebon proc stack, and many abuse of this trick.
    Lich bar halfed in one shot, and also disappearing crowds of monsters.
    Aegis is meant to be a top weapon but situation now is exaggerate.
    Hope u have the time to do something.
    Don't take all critics so bad, all the community appreciate the idea and the big work of Sts to bring us ebons weapon,
    Best of luck for the sts whole team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

No need to change it, I like a gun but it would be better to change the proc from one target to all mobs
    Thanks
    We need it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Since this constructive feedback then i agree some weapon need to be consider like make gun or bow can hit more than one enemies, so it will be more fun.
    But for aegis especially, some said its too op. Well if u have it n test it u will realize how hard to depends on aegis proc. Mobs need to hit you, proc rate is not fix like tb if u charge, also i can say for sure, definitely u cant drop lich health to half with single proc xD.. before fix maybe yes but now its not. So dont make it sounds too exaggerating and tell it based on fact on the field n after test it.

Also Its definetly not ignore armor, because i test on high dmg boss like oric n hydra, n no chance at all u can solo or kill them with proc alone. U still need pt. I hope this clarified something.

For mauso seems because mobs lv scaled higher from us so thats why aegis reflect more dmg. Same like DS, its useful for mauso boss so instead we ask for nerf n nerf, we suits our play with that weapon n form a strategic gameplay from it. Ebon is new weapon, so suits our gameplay with it. Dont try ruin useful weapon for some class just because of jealously or any other things.

*All statement i give based on test n condition of the weapon i use atm. Try learn how to use ur weapon n i think u can find the pro n con.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Icarusflame For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

In start i loved aegis proc it changed my life as a tank, finally i felt useful. In pve i could kill bosses/mobs and not just tickle them .. they just felt an itch from tanks lol. Pvp i fially felt rogue wasnt dominating that much anymore but tanks era was coming. But after some time i understand that for how i love the weap, its becoming unbalanced .. pvp tank stacks .. u cant even play vs 4 aegis tanks they one shot ur dps and no heal or shield can save them .. atleast if devs made an red aura for red team and blue for blue team so we can see it coming cause look like a cotton shield and u cant tell if its ur tank who proc or enemy tank, but a nerf pvp talking its needed. Also in pve for how i love the proc it is unbalanced, i know many rogues/mages made a tank and play mauso with tank only to have easier life .. well as a tank since always i dont like it much, because tank always been snobbed and now cause of a weap u can solo m5/6 many rog/mage made it lol ... balance the aegis pls
    Ps what ever sts will do i will accept it, and enjoy game regardless thanks for all sts keep game running!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

well i can just post my point of view with an "ebon glade scepter of vision".
    this weapon was like 20m in auc and as all players are currently very hyped
    about the new great ebon equipment i gave it a try.

i also use a balanced flame scepter of stabilty .. so a lvl 60 mythic weapon
    and a lvl 66 tainted stadd of retention, part of the love set.

when running maus 5 and 6 i can barely see a difference between flame and ebon.
    a few hits more or less .. nothing like a gamechanger or something.

also when the proc animation shows up, there is not a "wow" effect .. there are
    not mobs dying instantly as a result of the reflection and i could not say, that
    there is a difference to the flame scepter.

would i buy it again .. nope, not for 20m. 5 or 6m maybe .. but the market is
    asking for ridiculous 20m+.

i don't assume the proc is broken or not working, it just does not fit my
    expectation. seeing warriors using ebon is great, it seems to work rally
    fine for them, the mages ebon weapon is kind of .. meeehhh.

so if anyone is looking for a 3%all 5%ms, 5all, 2%armor ebon scepter,
    there might be an affordable in auc some time from now.
    --
    ign: Alinamarie / a Roguette

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Ebon Glade Fortress of Resolve
    Aegis insta killing in PvE is because of old content (all old maps have mobs with low hp). Players play Esg, because it is worth playing (gold), but it is very old content with low hp mobs, same for mausoleum (gold farming map), mobs damage is scalled up, but their hp is low. You can see, that aegis proc can not insta kill swamp or deep mobs, aegis proc just speed up killing for rogues/mages there.

I think
    All we need are "new" maps, where players can play everyday and their time spent in game will be rewarded (it is on STS what goodies they add there, but with bad loot i think, that any new map will be emptier, like swamp). New maps always came with stronger/ higher hp mobs and this trend will show us true potential of aegis proc (old content is not good quality measurement). Aegis will not be as perfect, as it is on old content.
    Last edited by Marosok; 05-28-2019 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Goodies. :D

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marosok For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Aegis insta killing in PvE is because of old content (all old maps have mobs with low hp). Players play Esg, because it is worth playing (gold), but it is very old content with low hp mobs, same for mausoleum (gold farming map), mobs damage is scalled up, but their hp is low. You can see, that aegis proc can not insta kill swamp or deep mobs, aegis proc just speed up killing for rogues/mages there.

I think
    All we need are "new" maps, where players can play everyday and their time spent in game will be rewarded (it is on STS what goodies they add there, but with bad loot i think, that any new map will be emptier, like swamp). New maps always came with stronger/ higher hp mobs and this trend will show us true potential of aegis proc (old content is not good quality measurement). Aegis will not be as perfect, as it is on old content.
    I did not play swap a lot because there is nothing to farm, so i didnt notice the diff or even thought about it. When deep marsh open again i will try it out ty for ur point maro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I think

Problem still persist damage of ebon aegis reflection is like double of other ones and because of tank's super high hp the multiplier of dmg make it even more HIGH.
    Tested in Swamp and proc is lesser effective because of hp of mobs is higher, but it affect all reflecting weapon so u still benefit of a proc way superior of other classes.
    And why not fix it for the maus and old content??
    Current situation is:
    a solo tank cleaning mauso 6 at a good speed, And most stupid thing, killing boss solo.
    All the party for maus let the tank go on boss solo to taunt damage and cast reflection.
    Even lich die quick especially if u stack with reflection ultimate.
    Proc can be fixed on bosses as the dragon staff proc was.
    Honorable mention to pvp zone or maybe better call it the dead zone. No people here, ebon aegis is even worse in pvp content basically the reflection kill you instantly. You can get get even 50 % to 75% hp off with a single hit even with like 7000 armor.
    To all people said tank useless its not, it is the only class That basically all people want to run mausoleum still from release, probably not an high damage class but we are far away to consider tanks useless.
    A weapon like this must be fixed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dispressor View Post
    Problem still persist damage of ebon aegis reflection is like double of other ones and because of tank's super high hp the multiplier of dmg make it even more HIGH.
    Reflection damage is based on mobs damage, your hp will not help. Btw, they added ebon shield proc to new arcane armor, triple damage and armor when taking hits, there will be more options from now, not only "single weapon to rule them all" aka ebon aegis.
    Last edited by Marosok; 06-13-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Reflection damage is based on mobs damage, your hp will not help. Btw, they added ebon shield proc to new arcane armor, triple damage and armor when taking hits, there will be more options from now, not only "single weapon to rule them all" aka ebon aegis.
    Base Damage/Armor X 3 when Arc Armor Lvl 71 Procs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    Base Damage/Armor X 3 when Arc Armor Lvl 71 Procs?
    It is on page six in chatbox.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Marosok For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

It is on page six in chatbox.
    I see TY. I'm still at work must of missed it, going to check page 6 now.