Thread: Gold loot map randomizer or other ideas (community feedback required)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Default Gold loot map randomizer or other ideas (community feedback required)

I think it would be fun to kill off esg as the main gold farming map and have a rng decide every 2-8hrs which boss/map (any and all elites) has an op gold drop for that period of time.

To add to the fun there will be no system announcement or any way to find the map other than to run (could confuse the botters as an added bonus)

Thoughts, ideas and criticism welcome.

Marosok said:
    Today 03:01 PM

4p team can finish most of elite maps faster than Esg. Farming gold in Elite Brackenridge and Ydra under 20 sec for 2-8h?. I say no for "randomizer".
    So, you want kill Esg as the main gold farming source? Yes, i want something new too. Well, but i prefer discussion about new endgame content (gold farming map), where we can use our gear, rely on our skill. I do not want to play old content, where we can wreck mobs with fists.

Idly said:
    Today 03:49 PM

Maybe the drops could reflect the time taken to complete the maps, ie fast map less golds, harder map more gold.

I would also strongly support better endgame content for farmers, but there must be something for weaker players to have an opportunity to earn gold, and EVERYBODY is bored of Esg 24/7.

Marosok said:
    Today 04:05 PM

I had and idea (2 parts), now i can share it.
    1st part
    Idea is to replace gold loot from esg by fixed 5k gold from each boss in Elite Underhul (we talk about Esg, but all bosses there drop same gold, only Esg is fastest way). So, new players, or low lvl players, or anyone, who do not want to play endgame content still can farm esg, even without gold loot awaken, because they will loot 5k fixed gold from bosses in Elite Underhul.
    2nd part
    New endgame map for farmers. Can have current Esg gold drop, or slightly better (depends on difficulty and time). This "cut of gold loot" in Esg will force us, endgame players to farm latest content, while new players, or low lvl players, or anyone, who do not want to play endgame content can still have 5k each minute in Esg (50k in 10-15 minutes). In AL everyone can lvl up to max lvl quite fast, and i believe, that most of us want to play latest content, not stuck on old maps.

I think, that this should be in General Discussion first, so we, players can talk about this. I know, only small % of playerbase use forum, but when many of us will agree with something, we can suggest it then here in suggestions as "forum community suggestion"

Pros-cons-opinions please.
    I don't like you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Gold farming
    "How do you see endgame gold farming?" Do you want keep it, as it is (esg, mauso, deep)? Do you want new source (map), where we can farm gold (replacement for Esg)? Do you want "randomizer" (Idlys suggestion)? I want something new. Share with us your insights, maybe we can create cool suggestion, or at least have nice chat on this theme. Ty
    Last edited by Marosok; 05-29-2019 at 01:04 PM. Reason: :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    594 Posts

Gold drops should be replaced with gears , eggs and vanities dropping in maps.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    Gold drops should be replaced with gears , eggs and vanities dropping in maps.
    I'm a returning player after 3 years out, one thing I really miss after almost a year back is farming items with guildies. I'd run forever if I had a pt to loot Malison back in the day xD

Gold loot (though I'm not a huge fan I've had to incorporate it into my farming gears) it seems is now an integral part of the game, but who's to say item/egg/vanity farming can't be reintroduced in a big way alongside GL (Heroic egg drops pls sts)

+1 I like it

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Well i would like to have new maps, with new gameplay, but its not a bad idea if as an extra in addition to new content we get a mauso upgrade, or also this gold randomizer sounds good so if we bored of farming always the new map, we can still do the random maps for fun and also this would help new players a lot.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idly View Post
    I'm a returning player after 3 years out, one thing I really miss after almost a year back is farming items with guildies. I'd run forever if I had a pt to loot Malison back in the day xD

Gold loot (though I'm not a huge fan I've had to incorporate it into my farming gears) it seems is now an integral part of the game, but who's to say item/egg/vanity farming can't be reintroduced in a big way alongside GL (Heroic egg drops pls sts)

+1 I like it
    Well i would love too, but look new elite swamp maps .. they give set pieces but why none farm it? Because of low chances to get it,so why ppl should run there when its easier to run for gold and buy it? Would just be the same thing with anything else ppl will always prefer to run for gold and buy items. Also i think this is a sort of balance of the game, f2p players farm gold p2p players open lockeds get items and sell to other players for gold. So will never be worth farming items or eggs . But well, i would like to see it anyways and would give a try +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I feel like every elite map should have it’s only item that’s worth farming or Atleast each area. Because just farming gold all day gets old really fast. I do see StS is putting in effort to fix this but really farming the same maps that have been out for 2-3+ years for the gold it just seems to be annoying that there is no new content that’s worth farming years later. So maybe adding a reason to farm elite maps beside Aps like make some sort of reputation shop for each area that sells certain vanities and unique gems and to get this reputation you need to farm these maps on elite. And maybe even make the bosses drop tokens to spend a time these vendors this could be a great method make reputation vendors for each elite area just a thought. And actually thinking about this I had a great idea. You could make each area have mythic sets that you can achieve as you get closer and closer to max rank so new players also have a way to earn stuff throughout there leveling experience so brackenridge would be low level sets and so on throughout the map chain. Just an idea curious as to what people think.
    Last edited by Quonabebi; 05-29-2019 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Had additional ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

You do know you don't have to go in esg, right? Just like you did not have to do kt4 that much or Jarl before it.

Not even sure I remember what esg looks like.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

+1 for the elaboration

I.like.paragraphs

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Is bad ideia Bro i no like sry..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

I think for newer players or low lvl players it would be good to have a map like ESG. Maybe a 1,000 gold a run for rooks nest would be capped for players with gl.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Allset; 05-31-2019 at 10:43 PM.