Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to be a AOA ( ambassadors of alttera )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Red face How long does it take to be a AOA ( ambassadors of alttera )

i started helping new players . giving them some gold . solving their problems in games . telling them about this forums and totally solving their problems and making friend with them .
    i wanted to know how long does it take to be a aoa . i wanna be a good guy
    i was banned before cuz i did something wrong about two month ago . but i am helping players .
    i hope they choose me as a aoa .
    and
    wat should a aoa do ? !!
    wat is his missions in game ?
    can i be a aoa if i continue helping new players ?
    how long does it take ?

my ign is : UECAARAFITIE plz respond and comment if u know about my questions

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mremad_297 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

and another one -
    do we get plats ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mremad_297 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

You need to pm pandar who runs the AOA group. I can't tell you how long it takes due to pandar thinking it. There isnt a time period, it is when he thinks you are ready. You can be recommended by a members as well.
    You don't get plat but you may get a reward of some sort.
    A AOA is there to help new players and there is a guide about AOA written by DanielRh. If you speak to him you can get the guide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
    You need to pm pandar who runs the AOA group. I can't tell you how long it takes due to pandar thinking it. There isnt a time period, it is when he thinks you are ready. You can be recommended by a members as well.
    You don't get plat but you may get a reward of some sort.
    and how can i pm him ? i mean pandar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Search for him, Go to his profile, and press send private message.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Hey mrremad

The ambassador program is open for anyone to join. We are working on an application peocess for aoa but until we have it finished new members are being chpsen by current members. Diagram:

We see someone helping-we suggest to others and pandar- we vote on it and person does or does not get in

And no we dont get plat. AoA is about helping others not about getting plat.

Lol i got ninjad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maneatingtree View Post
    Hey mrremad

The ambassador program is open for anyone to join. We are working on an application peocess for aoa but until we have it finished new members are being chpsen by current members. Diagram:

We see someone helping-we suggest to others and pandar- we vote on it and person does or does not get in

And no we dont get plat. AoA is about helping others not about getting plat.

Lol i got ninjad
    tanX dude for ur help plz tell pandar about me .. i will do watever can help me to be a aoa ... i luv helping players . plz tell him about me and vote lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mremad_297 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Pandar is a really awesome actibe dev. He will probably see you on when you are helping ppl. BTW what is your lvl 10 or below helpers name? Would be good to know if i see you in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

oh im lvl 62 dude not lvl 10 ... i must be under 10 ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mremad_297 View Post
    Yes. You need to be level 10 or under to be classed as a AOA because you aren't allowed to powerlevel new players. I suggest you make a new char and level it up to 10. Then that character will be the ambassador.
    Hope I helped! Use the thanks if I
    Did

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

1. There is no application process as of now but it is in the works

2. We DO NOT get plat for being an AoA

3. We DO NOT get any sort of reward for being an AoA. If you think the party hat is a 'reward', it isn't because everyone who waves at us gets a party hat.

4. Asking to become AoA is quite possibly one of the worst things you could do to become an AoA. If you look for it, you won't find it, It will seek you when you're ready.

5. Making a lvl 10 character and standing around in FH spamming "duz n e 1 ned halp" or running along with them in dungeons does not mean you will become an AoA.

6. Check this thread that was posted yesterday, it has some very good responses in it and answers most of, if not all of your questions:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Aoa-membership

7. And I quote myself from the above posted thread:

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    What I tell everyone who asks about becoming AoA is: just keep doing what you're doing and be yourself. If you're purposefully trying to be helpful to get into AoA and get noticed, trust me, we can tell and it doesn't help your cause. I'm not saying this to be a downer, its just that we have so many people who want to join just for the status, even though literally *every* single person will say that they aren't doing it just for that.

As I said, just be yourself and keep doing what you've been doing, if it's what we're looking for, we'll come find you, no need to find us.

Remember, being AoA is not glamorous, and we aren't held in the limelight like GOA are. Being an AoA is often frustrating and we often get yelled at, made fun of (because people think we don't know anything), pestered non stop for vanities, joining the guild, and how to be an AoA. It is NOT something for the faint of heart and for those who crumble under the pressure of a mob of people asking questions and getting mad at you cause you can't put more antennae into their greedy little hands. However, being an AoA is quite rewarding to know that you're helping someone enjoy and understand the game more, something many of us older players had to figure out for ourselves. The benefits far outweigh the costs but remember that its not always fun-fanciful-unicorns-prancing-in-a-golden-happy-sunshine-meadow kind of work, you will get irritated and upset, but how you handle under all the pressure from others is what makes the AoA stand out from the crowd.
    Last edited by NECROREAPER; 12-11-2011 at 01:48 PM.

-------AEO-------

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maneatingtree View Post
    Pandar is a really awesome actibe dev. He will probably see you on when you are helping ppl. BTW what is your lvl 10 or below helpers name? Would be good to know if i see you in game.
    so you r supposed to be level 10 or under when you are helping others? Oh well I use my main account when I help others he is level 57, so r u suggesting I use my level 10 str bear?

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

The Ambassadors are capped out at 10 to make our focus be the new players. They are often stepped on and overlooked because they are low level players but just remember we were all new at one point As Necroreaper said it isn't about getting a reward. The best reward is knowing you have helped a new player get on the right track in the game.
    Last edited by Siejo; 12-11-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Another quote from that thread I linked above:

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    No worries.

I think what people don't get about AoA is that we don't have to be on our AoA characters to be fulfilling our AoA "duties," which aren't really duties in the first place because we were doing those things long before we were appointed to be AoA.

AoA =/= Lvl 10 or below twink who spams "N e 1 haz ?" in Forest Haven or goes out of their way to help people.

AoA = Players in the community recognized by STS to be helpful and as such, STS has asked us to be present and well known in game to be of extra assistance to any player who might be in need of some help.

-------AEO-------

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

@ fao i do suggest you use ur lvl 10 because then the new players can relate to you better and it is a req for aoa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

u said necro do not go to FH and help people . so how should i help them !! HOWWW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

u said necro do not go to FH and help people . so how should i help them !! HOWWW
    I think he is saying helping people doesnt give you a better chance at becoming one. You need to be reccomeded by a member or enter the application form when it comes out. We haven't been told when the applications will come out, probably will be early next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
    I think he is saying helping people doesnt give you a better chance at becoming one. You need to be reccomeded by a member or enter the application form when it comes out. We haven't been told when the applications will come out, probably will be early next year.
    Oh .i must wait until next year lol nice .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Do you just want to be an Ambassador for benefits? Came across that way. You ask us to suggest you, yet we haven't seen you help anyone in-game. We don't want people (not saying you are a person like this) that helps some new-people, gets the Ambassador title and all the benefits, and then ditches the program and quits helping n00bs. Not how we roll. I think that if we see someone helping multiple times without begging us to suggest them is perfect. Help newer people and whatever. Like I tell everyone who asks me how to become a GoA: Each Guardian was picked for a completely different reason and similar attributes. Help what you want and do what you can and maybe you'll be rewarded...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    Do you just want to be an Ambassador for benefits? Came across that way. You ask us to suggest you, yet we haven't seen you help anyone in-game. We don't want people (not saying you are a person like this) that helps some new-people, gets the Ambassador title and all the benefits, and then ditches the program and quits helping n00bs. Not how we roll. I think that if we see someone helping multiple times without begging us to suggest them is perfect. Help newer people and whatever. Like I tell everyone who asks me how to become a GoA: Each Guardian was picked for a completely different reason and similar attributes. Help what you want and do what you can and maybe you'll be rewarded...
    Who said i want AOA for banefits !! i wanna be a part of this guild and help new players.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Mremad_297 For This Useful Post: