Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] New Player Experience Feedback Thread

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,905 Posts

Default [Official] New Player Experience Feedback Thread

Hi Legends! We've heard your feedback that new Legends in the game could use some more attention. We agree! We're looking into some improvements to the new user experience, and we want to hear from YOU. We have a few questions below, but if you have other feedback outside of these, we want to hear it all! What do you think...

• What improvements would you like to see to the new user experience?

• What did you find the most difficult when you were first starting out?

• What would have made it easier to:
      - Connect with other people in game?
      - Level up and collect good gear?
      - Figure out the content (getting through the maps, events, etc.)?

• What did you really like as a new player? What went well?

Thanks a million for helping us to make Arlor better for all!

-Remiem
    Last edited by Remiem; 06-04-2019 at 07:29 AM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hi Legends! We've heard your feedback that new Legends in the game could use some more attention. We agree! We're looking into some improvements to the new user experience, and we want to hear from YOU. We have a few questions below, but if you have other feedback outside of these, we want to hear it all! What do you think...

-Remiem
    First

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

1.I think bring some lockeds for rerolls helps alot for new players

Since luck amu is cheap they can afford it and farm something and make some gold

2. Bring back Early season gears they were good they were useful and that's y AL was great.

3. As lvl cap is 71 and many new players find it hard to grind all the xp at once, add daily log in rewards including 1k xp or some myth pet spin..

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danishahmed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default [Official] New Player Experience Feedback Thread

One of the things that I personally enjoyed as a new player was discovering which skills had synergy. I discovered how well Fireball and Time Shift was when I was soloing Kraken and was under leveled, so I believe difficult content can really be a good playground for experimenting. New players should start off with some free respecs to give them room to experiment with skills and get comfortable.

I also really enjoyed the quest to enter Shuyal by obtaining Gleipnir.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 06-04-2019 at 07:53 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

In this new Player experience, STS should add a roullete spin or something so we can get something good in the start not too expensive though. And also A nice Reroll Pendant would be good for the players instead of the Luck elixir. Kraken mines should drop cryostar crates again as the best experience was farming kraken mines. I would love to see A Guide in the New player experience when we are starting. There must be two options ... One for new players and one for Experienced players creating a new Character.
    1- With Guide - Get helped to clear Backenridge and Get Help to use Stable , Auction ( By the Arrow keys that are first displayed when we have to kill mobs in the start.
    2- Without Guide - We can have the normal tutorial and start the game like it does now.

Starting out this game , i felt Most difficult to interact with players and also sometimes i had to clear out maps as a solo.
    1- It felt Really boring
    2- Made me feel like this game is not worth it ( That is false , this game is the best )
    3- It was like "Is it really Role playing or i will have to play alone like this? "

To Make it easier to
    1-Connect with people - The spawn map should be changed from windmoore or An auction should be added at windmoore so Good players can be at windmoore and new players can interact with them.
    2-Levelling up and collecting good gear is Very good now as the quests provide with Xp and We also get Enhancement level chests. So yes , that is really good and wont need any changes.
    3- As i mentioned , A nice guide would be best for figuring out what the game is about. Also the new players should be given a experience of pvp with the help of a guide.

In my opinion- In most games when people get maxed out they all get same stats, so its just there skills. But in this game we could buy vanities, awakes , gears and everyone is unique and different.

Having 3 classes was really good as we could try each of them by using the "Create Character" button and have all 3 of them on the same account and play with them. I started as a rogue and i still play as a rogue. I recommend Mage and tank for pvp but sometimes i think they are better than rogues. So yes , All Classes are THE BEST , Its just that , which one YOU would love to play.

Last edited by Iron.AL; 06-04-2019 at 07:56 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron.AL View Post
    In this new Player experience, STS should add a roullete spin or something so we can get something good in the start not too expensive though. And also A nice Reroll Pendant would be good for the players instead of the Luck elixir. Kraken mines should drop cryostar crates again as the best experience was farming kraken mines. I would love to see A Guide in the New player experience when we are starting. There must be two options ... One for new players and one for Experienced players creating a new Character.
    1- With Guide - Get helped to clear Backenridge and Get Help to use Stable , Auction ( By the Arrow keys that are first displayed when we have to kill mobs in the start.
    2- Without Guide - We can have the normal tutorial and start the game like it does now.

Starting out this game , i felt Most difficult to interact with players and also sometimes i had to clear out maps as a solo.
    1- It felt Really boring
    2- Made me feel like this game is not worth it ( That is false , this game is the best )
    3- It was like "Is it really Role playing or i will have to play alone like this? "

To Make it easier to
    1-Connect with people - The spawn map should be changed from windmoore or An auction should be added at windmoore so Good players can be at windmoore and new players can interact with them.
    2-Levelling up and collecting good gear is Very good now as the quests provide with Xp and We also get Enhancement level chests. So yes , that is really good and wont need any changes.
    3- As i mentioned , A nice guide would be best for figuring out what the game is about. Also the new players should be given a experience of pvp with the help of a guide.

In my opinion- In most games when people get maxed out they all get same stats, so its just there skills. But in this game we could buy vanities, awakes , gears and everyone is unique and different.

Having 3 classes was really good as we could try each of them by using the "Create Character" button and have all 3 of them on the same account and play with them. I started as a rogue and i still play as a rogue. I recommend Mage and tank for pvp but sometimes i think they are better than rogues. So yes , All Classes are THE BEST , Its just that , which one YOU would love to play.

I hope someone reads this all

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Iron.AL For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

-Remiem
    -Easier way to reach level cap. (Increase of xp quest and its amount each quest give)

-Easier way to make gold for new people:
    increase gold in quests
    make all elites loot heroic version of all pets
    Bring back a new tomb, easy as Km3 but random size that loot randonly all kind of AL locks expansions (grand crate of the watch, rengol, nightmare, marshland ecc)

-In game experience guides made by experienced players or devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Try it out mode? Where can you try out all class with all pet and all gear on max level or something like that

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-A920F eszközömről

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

1k xp or 1500 xp when u login ever day would be great for all players

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ferhat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Usually I wouldn't bother to comment on something like this but I'll make an exception since it coincidentally converges with my concerns. Please respect my honesty.

Let me start by saying there is nothing physically wrong with the game. What is wrong with the game is how you want it to be played. This has been vague for a long time now and has inevitably found its way into the new player experience.

The most interesting thing about progressing through the game is the amazing storyline of the legends Uller, vili and himingleva, and their ties with the world of arlor. This amazingness dies after the tindrin expansion (which doesn't link to the original storyline but is still a great story). When a story is great, you don't even pay attention to the Xp bar because you're simply captured by the story. Therefore, point one is to make the expansions link to the original story (no matter how small the link) or make new forgotten legends sealed away in time unable to aid the original legends in their battle...they return thinking the war is still ongoing and upon learning of the legends demise; believe we had a part to play...something that says "wow".

Eventually we will all meet the grind period to reach endgame but should that grind period really begin at level 46? Which moves me onto the next point, why would I grind to reach endgame? What is there for me? I can run events at any level so not that. The top player leaderboard, yes. Hardcore access, yes. Farming considerable gold to satisfy my vanity or make that farming itself somewhat easier on time. But the real question is where does the captivation of the audience lie? Sure, when players have essentially "completed the game" (a point that doesn't necessarily have to exist on this game but you refuse to simply remove) they can log in only during events. Is that really what is desired though? Because that is the plain and simple truth. What I'm pointing to is probably quite obvious by now but I refuse to define that topic any longer.

So what am I actually getting at? Simply put, the absense of the long game which originally used to exist but no longer does is something that makes new players shy away from committing. Simple fix with the potential for great future developments that could send this game back to where it began. At the top.

- college student that hates to see your game go down this path

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

-pet's and gears descriptions are not full (some examples: nekro AA and ebon weapons' procs descriptions... they are so powerful but have so poor descriptions)
    -hard to get slots/hotbars (especially in HC mode)
    -cant find correct pet because cant see his passive at higher lvls (if dont have pet)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

-Remiem
    - well, i think new players are havin a hard time in leveling, since they dont know they should do those story/side quest for exp, and they cant make gold either before reachin level 61+ ( even if they make some gold, its like proly 50k/day ) which made some of em beg for gold, so its legit grinding their asses to lvl 61+ before they can actually farm smth, and cmon tbh even me lvling to 60s is a hella boring thing to do xd, rly wanna make a rogue but grindin to 71 is just the same as goin back to hell xd, why not make further guides ingame like, tellin em notif like " DO ALL THE ARLOR SIDE/DAILY/STORY QUEST FOR EXP! " and adds more stuff into exp thingy like maybe more exp/quest, 2x exp for few days for a new character, and i feel like the lvl advancement pack can give much more stuff, like amu/ring some gold, ankhs/pets or stuff.

- the hardest part for me was to make gold, well im a pvp player so not being able to pvp cus of gears is a bad thing for me, and i bet theres a lot of newcomers thats trying out this game to check the pvp ( i bet alot of people including me loves to find mmo with nice pvp gameplay ) and the 2nd hardest is leveling, well i give a long explanation alrd up there xd.

- connecting to other players : man to be honest, theres only few peoples gon bother talkin to them, so its better if sts makes a more advanced guide for them to understand about the game.

- level up and collect good gears : tbh the advancement pack is fine and as i say above, gon be great if the lvl advancement pack gives more than just wep armor helm, and maybe pack to level 66, cus thats the level when u can really start farming.

- maps n content : i think the map n content is fine and they proly gon understand the events too. its just the way to get exp for levels, advanced quest guide gon help em alot.

- what i like when i start : well i dont think this even affects the game now xd since its more to pay to win now, i started back in 2013, played for a month and theres this guy who give me pvp gears, at lvl 10, thats when i started pvp as a mage in lvl 10, i remember it clearly it was a radiant gun, and bonechill set, he introduced me to pvp, gives me a whole lot of fun, like legit, this guy, those gears he gave me, and only bcos of pvp that keeps me goin, played till the end of 2014 ( at this point i can say im alrd so skilled at pvp, im in a guild called decimation/is feeling awesome/ levyathan/ i forgot other guilds, but this was l23-28 pvp, this 1 and a half year of pvp that made me enjoy this game badly, but sadly i was just a kid, borrowed my acc to a guildie, got hacked, happens. well i cameback 4 months ago, expecting to pvp again but the game is just too different rn, its just money vs money xd, well thats why i also moved to pve, pve is kinda fun! never rly do any pve before, never do events, nothing, legit 24/7 pvp xd. well its not rly a bad thing, i kinda love maus rn lmao.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just recently started a new account where I leveled up to 61 and made 2m+ without helping myself with gold/items from my main.
    So in my opinion, everything is going well except a few things:
    -The craft material slots are quite expensive for beginners.
    -I think the Trading Permit should be removed since it's quite annoying and useless.
    -After level 40, you stop recieving the chest that gives you items and potions every 10 levels, which makes it harder for you to advance - even more harder if you do not have the Trading Permit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

-Remiem
    1 hard thing to do is the aps. Especially for completing the "hero of legend". Gears are so rare! Impossible to new players to cope up and run for lb with old players. My suggestion is bring like another vendor or a quest line that will help to obtain it..
    Also when their is event you shouldn't give any advantages for ppl that is already rich just like what you did in the arcanite event. Having a arcanite pet will add more nods. So what will happen to the new players who cant afford the arcanite pet? I guess they will run random party and cross fingers that one of them has arcanite pet.
    Another aps that you need to improve is in the pvp. Make a event that will make players play pvp. Pvp rooms in low levels are dead not like before so many twinks and guilds which is one of the reason why AL became popular before. I still remember that you had a level 15 twink pvp event but since then no event followed related in the pvp.
    Specially in CTF which has the hardest aps which is the 10k flags. Only old player got the aps lol.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gored8919 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

-Remiem
    Also i notice that every end of the season its always the same ppl who are in lb. Why not give some chance for new players. I suggest that every season you should re-structure on the lb. Like in pve it should be which ppl has the most added kills in pve. Existing pve kills should count for the current season.
    Bring back pvp leader board with that kind of computation in LB. Sure many ppl will comeback and pvp will be active again for twinks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

First off toss the story token requirement for a traders permit, it's time to rid of that imo. You can get it in 1 day anyway but it takes an hour or 2 grind and the knowledge of how to do so, which new players don't have. Second get a greeter. A programmed bot that pms them with information as a new player, like coming here to the forums, and have a language selection when they first enter so it pms what they speak making them more comfortable. Next, give them loot, and a chance to catch up to players, obviously not make a couple hundred million in their first month, but they should be able to actually get the gold they need to make it and maybe get a few lower end fun vanities, or as suggested in the past: aps that give pets and vanities. That would definitely help motivate players, and they don't even have to have actual AP points like the winter event aps that are on the list. Let's also advertise the game, not just the devs but the community members, share the game around, and STS; maybe consider YouTube partnerships. How that would look, idk, but we've gotta hype the game. Also give the new players fun little events for them, something they can do and enjoy, again, how that looks idk. It's a joint effort to make this game boom, and we can still honestly do it, but it has to be a coalition between community and devs. Thanks for reading, and criticize what needs to be!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

-Remiem
    - Add a Discord app integration to the game.
    - I suggested this before but it just wasted away as no one saw, Guild events should be an official thing with in game mechanics that GMs can host.
    - A guild vault for things like the Collosal gh (this was a great idea the new gh being crafted through teamwork) but 3 problems all the crafting ended up being left to GMs & officers.
    - Maybe a guild craft could be a thing which can be upgraded so up to 500 things can be crafted at a time in the guild craft vault.
    - More advertising of the actual game on social media; YouTube, Facebook, Tapjoy, Iron source, Twitter idk lol any kind of advertising would help.
    - Also there should be legendary chests up to the previous lvl cap before the current lvl cap, so it would he 66 for now. These gears would be just strong enough to run the maps but shouldn't discourage players from going for the actual strong gears at endgame, so they should focus on improving their gears.
    - Another main thing I noticed was how many new players don't realize how important upgrading your items with jewels is. Possibly add a new feature to the game where players are rewarded for completing tasks like putting jewels in their gears every time they hit a lvl cap.

Sorry for the blabbering and if any of it makes sense would he awesome if some of it gets implemented

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/marsu4u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

add a 2nd pvp mode where all the players have the same gears/stets that will be fair for every one and that wil bring more players to pvp agian and
    add a ground war mode 10vs10 in a big map like Arcanite Fields event map that will be fun to play ground war 10vs10 pvp with same stets and fair gameplay
    and add a daily login bonus 1500k xp and 10k gold for every player that login every day
    and remove pet feet button thats not fun for new players cuz the need to pay food with gold for the pet instet off buying good gears..ect
    and add a RAID mode like sawmp but better
    with up to 20players can join the raid mode and the mode will be up every saterday to get goodloot like items/gears/gold and the lvl cap to join the RAID mode is 60 instet off 71
    thats all i think DEVS i hoop you guys add this
    Last edited by Ferhat; 06-04-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

-Remiem
    1) improvements....
    Bring back level one gear, kinda cut off og people who liked playing around in mini pvp guilds and roaming around.
    But also the lb gear that's been banned... maybe instead of deleting a yeti suit because of a bad player, do a giveaway?

2) what was difficult starting out....
    Trying to understand the game... this was my huge struggle, BUT luckily there where so many cool, nice people to help and explain what they knew or found out it made a game I fell in love with. But then again I love how you devs didn't make a huge tutorial, that's forced to make you play, making you choose every decision that's not yours for 5 minutes straight. I would probably would have never played it out...

3) easier to connect
    A) people... I think trading was a big deal to already have and not earn... not sure if that's sill a thing.

B) leveling up and gear... tbh now adays it's super easy starting out... I played back when nordr was coming soon lol, the real grind was back in the day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Voice chat in Party

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

28. The Following User Says Thank You to truelove For This Useful Post: