Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] New Player Experience Feedback Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

A move in the right direction by sts and great advice

+ making it easier to obtain trader permit; lvl 45 seems reasonable or 1k pve kills
    + lower Xp limit from 60-71 by like half; there is plenty more enjoyable for new players to do; levelling isn't as exciting as you think sts
    + make mid-game farmable and get xp like KM3 was between 41-61 cap; telling them where to begin. KM3 should be farmable so new players have something to do to get some gold after they finish all leveling quests! - most atm just close the game and come back tomorrow until one day they dont cuz gets bored!
    + Make decent gear so new people are able to keep up with each expansion (especially 46,56,61) with correct gear; advancement locked or tell them how to obtain
    + Devs watch YouTube videos of channels relevant to AL; some provide good ideas hint hint @NAB GUIDE
    + Promote some videos/ guides in game e.g. Guides with xp help, levelling, gold farming, gear tips and skill builds. I myself and many others will be very happy to do this for FREE. Just ask us or make a competition for something like this and you will be impressed 100%. We want the best for sts and al too; we do love and care about you all.
    + Link up maps and make it flow (main story) espicially after 41 so people have some direction.
    + Suggest new players to try things out e.g. rumours about next expansions so they know what to expect
    + better communication from devs - YouTube/ forum / in game/vlogs . I think you can spare extra 30 min few times a week out of your busy schedule will make a HUGE difference.
    + Update guides on forum; seriously some are ancient. We can do better! Give us a chance to do that? - make competition? with even in-game titles like "Santa's lil Helper"
    + in game messages to let them know about scammers at the start and a guide on how to avoid them - link to youtube videos made by devs or community? It is a huge turn off to get scammed at the start because so hard to make fortune so people quit faster as they arent committed yet
    + send messages to gamble responsibly on sir spend a lot: quite a few left cuz of this rip especially new players who doesnt understand value of gold at the start!
    + give reasons why they should not scam or beg - like u can get banned or behave/ be nice to others...show alternatives
    + Bring back advancement packs to Level 66-71 for plat. This will make it easier for alts and new players to catch up and bring some revenue.
    + Update early game pets or at least add existing pets heroic ones to currency vendors. All pets are out dated.
    + Add a Guild run by STS for new members( nominated forum members ) where old players can help new players and people can get advice/tips. People make huge impacts on new people and most people feel lonely in AL without a good guild. Maybe give a title as reward e.g. "Legendary Helper" Only Available while in the guild.

My idea: Add a new buddy system where a nominated/ pro player can help new player get into things. This would be voluntary and perhaps count toward some achievement or reward for both. The point is to build guidance and promote friendlier interactions. E.g. A button to request for help ( which players who choose to can see and accept pt).

If devs gonna take this advice live a like so I get motivated to come up with more. Ngl I wasnt going to write this because I have given these feedback before but sts rarely implements this. I know it is hard and easy but it makes life so much better for everyone and huge impact on the game!
    Last edited by Azerothraven; 06-05-2019 at 10:41 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post: