Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] New Player Experience Feedback Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Thank you for making this thread, Remiem.

-Make super easy achievements with bound/stashable vanities for new players.

-Make super easy achievements with free pets for new players.

-Make super easy achievements for new players, that give them bound/unstashable XP chests.

-Make a special event that revives kraken mines, the kraken mines event will drop special mythic locked versions of "Watch crates". This will bring all old players back to reunite

-Make a special event where some "Golden hen", spawns in very random maps with a random spawn rate. And once the hen is killed, it drops special vanities or gold coins.

-Make an achievement where if you personal message someone or wave at someone, you get points & a bound/unstashable backpack.

-Make an achievement where if you help certain amounts of low level players, eg. 100-1,000. You get points & Vanity banner.

-Make a new daily reward system for logging in, that gives you bound/unstashable Special items.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for the new players.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 06-06-2019 at 05:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am a new player to Arcane Legends, started a couple of days ago. So far, I am loving the game. I have been playing WoW for many years and having a mobile option to play a similar game is really great. The devs did a great job and this will be one of those games that I intend to keep playing for quite some time!

First impression is that leveling up goes very quick, I have all three races now at around lvl 50. The courage pet (and being sick at home) helped obviously. So far, sorcerer is easiest to play for me, followed by rogue and finally warrior, mostly because sorceror easily kills many enemies at once.

Although I love Arcane Legends, and because you asked for it, here are some things that could be done better imho (please note that some of my observations could easily be wrong due to my lack of knowledge!):

1. Main quests simply stop at around level 43. There are many more greyed out, but i get the message that I haven't done enough quests yet. No clue why you want to stop players from progressing, unless you really want to force them to do dailies (at like 10 xp/each)

2. The level 10, 20, 30 and 40 award chests are a nice idea, but literally every time I have opened one (for each race), the items were lower than I already had by regular following the quests. To be honest, that was a bit disappointing.

3. The in-game hint system continuously alerts that I have received a better item, but that is mostly not true. I wish the hint system would take into account what race you're playing and only alert you when a piece of equipment is truly better.

4. The equipment upgrades that you receive are quite sporadic. Sure, your stats improve while leveling up, but getting a new kick-*** sword, bracelet or whatever, gives a lot of fun. If possible, provide more item upgrades.

5. I tried the exchange shop to perhaps buy a sword there, but the prices are just unreal: 15 million while i got around 50K at level 45. Perhaps gold will flow easier at higher levels, but assuming I am halfway (with what level 71 or so being the max), I am getting this feeling that most items will simply be too expensive?

6. I don't mind spending money (bought Courage for all my three chars), but even buying a decent pet will set you back 100 USD (for the hero). That is way above what i want to spend on a mobile game, and most likely many other players would feel the same. Make a decent pet for like 10 bucks and i am sure you will find buyers. Likewise, if you would offer, say, 2x experience for 2.99 USD/week, my guess is that quite a few players would buy this. Most people don't like spending a lot at once, but every week a little bit is less of an issue. Win/Win: more money for the Devs and faster leveling for the players.

7. This discussion board is a great place to find info (like the quest level cap I hit earlier, turns out you have to be level 62 to continue...15 levels of only dailies...hrm...fun). But many postings seem to be outdated, especially the user guides. Arcane Legends is a complex game so having more correct info available would definitely help. Might a good idea for one of the devs to free up themselves and write the guides themselves instead of relying on unpaid players. Or better yet, offer players some plat in return for great guides. There is a lot of knowledge among the experienced players that new players could benefit from. Paying in plat (or in pets, or whatever) certainly won't break the bank, and would make the game all the more enjoyable.

8. Guilds: it would be great if you could add a list of available guilds with simple Apply buttons next to them. plus how many members they have, short discription, etc. As a new player, I had no idea what guilds were out there. Luckily someone invited me from the blind. Normally i hate that because you don't know what guild you're about to enter. But in this case, it was the only way to join. Weird much!

9. Chat is difficult on a tablet while playing at the same time, voice-chat would be very helpful to communicate with your guildies and groupies.

10. Correcting mistakes in char build takes plats immediately. Not very nice to new players who are trying to find their way around. Plus it does not stimulate trying out new skills. After reading through this message board, I found the best char builds and i simply stick to it. Too bad for other skills that might be useful, but I am not going to spend plat on simply trying them out. It would be a great idea to have new players some free tries.

11. It seems that parties don't influence whether you get the mob kills or items found, which is great. Makes life much easier than hitting that Invite to Party button all the time. Well,actually, most areas are quite empty which is too bad because things go much faster when playing together. I am hoping that the end games zones are more populated since many players here seem to be old-timers.

12. Would be great to have the special coins/tokens (like story tokens) be shareable through your stash. That way, players like me who have three chars could reach certain goals a bit quicker.

13. It would be good if you can see where you are on the map, like in which area/zone. Perhaps this is possible, but i haven't found it.

13. Healing when offline would be nice so that the next time you log on or switch between chars, they are ready to go.

14. Daily minstrel quest: why are there two quests to start it? Also, slightly annoying to click the intermittent screens inside the dungeon.

15. Most pets seem useless, and the useful ones are very expensive. It would be nicer to have intermediate pets instead of jumping to end level pet (which you will never be able to afford due to very high prices). THis would give a player something to look forward to and make pets more special than they are now.

16. Speaking of pets, my pet level is roughly half of player level, am I doing something wrong here?

17. Finally, as mentioned earlier I bought the Courage pet. If I upgrade the pet with eggs, would that destroy the 15% exp bonus? I tried searching the forums, but couldn't find the answer. And if I keep the 15%, what would be a good and cheap pet to add?

Still, all the above points for improvement won't stop me from enjoying the game. The Dev Team did a great job, and I am looking forward to spend much more time with Arcane Legends. Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ceux For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

1) Increase in amount of gold a player can hold! We have players trusting one another by buying items of value to add into trade instead of gold, its shady and hard to usually buy a vanity thats worth 150mill or 140mill because we either gotta go 1 by 1, trades can go wrong, people losing stuff. :/

2) better story mode, I feel like the story for arcane legends could have been better and kept players interested. I mean we are legit bouncing from one place to another.

3)There should be Design events, every event should be a design event!! or for more than 80% !!! If its hard to think of a new vanity for LB for an event: then have us players hit it up! It worked well with the last event where players designed coin bags, eyeball banner, etc. The prizes for players that win design events shouldn't go overboard, maybe some jewels, etc. It'll lessen the work for designers thinking of ideas if everyone interacting with the events by designing. We got great ideas and we wanna be heard
    Last edited by Loot; 06-07-2019 at 09:01 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Loot For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    1) Increase in amount of gold a player can hold! We have players trusting one another by buying items of value to add into trade instead of gold, its shady and hard to usually buy a vanity thats worth 150mill or 140mill because we either gotta go 1 by 1, trades can go wrong, people losing stuff. :/

2) better story mode, I feel like the story for arcane legends could have been better and kept players interested. I mean we are legit bouncing from one place to another.

3)There should be Design events, for every event should be a design event!! or for more than 80% !!! If its hard to think of a new vanity for LB for an event: then have us players hit it up! It worked well with the last event where players designed coin bags, eyeball banner, etc. The prizes for players that win design events shouldn't go overboard, maybe some jewels, etc. It'll lessen the work for designers thinking of ideas if everyone interacting with the events by designing. We got great ideas and we wanna be heard
    I take back the things I said earlier and back this person 100%

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadsuperman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Just a few thoughts

• Lower XP required at higher lvls, or add more quests with greater xp, more XP granted the harder maps.
    • Increase the time of elite runner elixer.
    • Add 1 hour combos to elite runners.
    • Remove non stat jewel elix from elite runners.
    • Implement a crate or add to the advancement crates XP elix.

I know HC is hardcore and should be, however, making the new APs attatched to main is over whelming, especially to new player who already knows they have boss, and mob kills. It will take a new player a very long time to complete all aps, to achieve LB IF they are AP chasers.

Maybe reverse the APs to the HC players, allow their main chars APs to be added to the HC class the player choose to play in HC mode with.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post

3)There should be Design events, every event should be a design event!! or for more than 80% !!! If its hard to think of a new vanity for LB for an event: then have us players hit it up! It worked well with the last event where players designed coin bags, eyeball banner, etc. The prizes for players that win design events shouldn't go overboard, maybe some jewels, etc. It'll lessen the work for designers thinking of ideas if everyone interacting with the events by designing. We got great ideas and we wanna be heard
    Thank you for hearing me out Remiem ;-; much love
    Ill definitely participate for the next design event, I missed it during finals week for my school haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Most new players greatly struggle with gearing & when reaching the ren'gol map and above high level maps.

(Since players cannot trade & should wait 10 days *Wandering minstrel quest 100 tokens* to obtain a trade permit. Why not encourage them to play more & climb up the ladder for flashy, pretty. Attractive samples?)

-Add an [Arcane] chest that is rewarded to new players for reaching level 41; The chest contains a powerful Lv41 arcane weapon for each low level class. This arcane weapon is untradeable/unstashable.
    This arcane weapon expires within 5 days. And it disappears from the inventory once the dead line has been met. The description of the weapon will let new players know about it's limited availability.

-Add a [Set] chest that is rewarded to new players for reaching Level 45, The chest contains 1x helmet 1x armor pieces, that when put together gives a set bonus of 50% gl, 500 HP/500 Mana/500 Armor 5.0 Dmg. This set gear is also untradeable/unstashable.

This set gear expires within 5 days. And it disappears from the inventory once it hit the expiry date. The description will let the new players know about it's limited use.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The more samples, the more a player is willing to invest into the game, to feel "Untouchable" again.

You guys should greet new players with a fair amount of samples, it has a strong effect.

plus, you guys really need to update the store. Add new vanities/Bundles/Pets/Emotes/Elixirs/chest.

The store is very very outdated.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 06-20-2019 at 10:05 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    Most new players greatly struggle with gearing & when reaching the ren'gol map and above high level maps.

(Since players cannot trade & should wait 10 days *Wandering minstrel quest 100 tokens* to obtain a trade permit. Why not encourage them to play more & climb up the ladder for flashy, pretty. Attractive samples?)

-Add an [Arcane] chest that is rewarded to new players for reaching level 41; The chest contains a powerful Lv41 arcane weapon for each low level class. This arcane weapon is untradeable/unstashable.
    This arcane weapon expires within 5 days. And it disappears from the inventory once the dead line has been met. The description of the weapon will let new players know about it's limited availability.

-Add a [Set] chest that is rewarded to new players for reaching Level 45, The chest contains 1x helmet 1x armor pieces, that when put together gives a set bonus of 50% gl, 500 HP/500 Mana/500 Armor 5.0 Dmg. This set gear is also untradeable/unstashable.

This set gear expires within 5 days. And it disappears from the inventory once it hit the expiry date. The description will let the new players know about it's limited use.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The more samples, the more a player is willing to invest into the game, to feel "Untouchable" again.

You guys should greet new players with a fair amount of samples, it has a strong effect.

plus, you guys really need to update the store. Add new vanities/Bundles/Pets/Emotes/Elixirs/chest.

The store is very very outdated.
    +1

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hi Legends! We've heard your feedback that new Legends in the game could use some more attention. We agree! We're looking into some improvements to the new user experience, and we want to hear from YOU. We have a few questions below, but if you have other feedback outside of these, we want to hear it all! What do you think...

• What improvements would you like to see to the new user experience?

• What did you find the most difficult when you were first starting out?

• What would have made it easier to:
      - Connect with other people in game?
      - Level up and collect good gear?
      - Figure out the content (getting through the maps, events, etc.)?

• What did you really like as a new player? What went well?

Thanks a million for helping us to make Arlor better for all!

-Remiem
    1) improvements....
    Bring back level one gear, kinda cut off og people who liked playing around in mini pvp guilds and roaming around.
    But also the lb gear that's been banned... maybe instead of deleting a yeti suit because of a bad player, do a giveaway?

2) what was difficult starting out....
    Trying to understand the game... this was my huge struggle, BUT luckily there where so many cool, nice people to help and explain what they knew or found out it made a game I fell in love with. But then again I love how you devs didn't make a huge tutorial, that's forced to make you play, making you choose every decision that's not yours for 5 minutes straight. I would probably would have never played it out...

3) easier to connect
    A) people... I think trading was a big deal to already have and not earn... not sure if that's sill a thing.

B) leveling up and gear... tbh now adays it's super easy starting out... I played back when nordr was coming soon lol, the real grind was back in the day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Voice chat in Party

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to truelove For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello guys o know there is no place to be thread like this but i need some help, so im returning player from 2012 my name is aquatika i was in trinity knights guild, i search for people to play with or just chat if you interested or maybe even you are from those times just add me ingame or shoot a pm, peace and have a good day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

This please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

It seems players of equal level are always able to walk faster through a map than me, even when they are not using a speed elixer... I always struggle to keep up. What do I need to change??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Thank you to Spacetime Studios, my friends, and everyone in Arcane Legends!

To everyone at Spacetime Studios, to my friends, to my officers, to my guild members, and to the Arcane Legends community,

First off, I would like to thank everyone for all the great things they have ever done.

In terms of a few things I would like to see:

I would like to have the ability to save more vanity loadouts.
    I would like the ability to purchase home mail stamps using gold in the store.
    I would like the ability to purchase guild furniture and guild halls using gold in the store.
    I would like the ability to make vanity items stackable to make inventory and stash easier to navigate, and enable the ability to buy and sell vanity in bulk amounts.

My favorite things about Arcane Legends are the fun social interactions in the game; working together with friends to make a fun, active, and op guild; visiting and designing homes; designing guild halls; hanging out in towns; new and different vanity; new and different events; and the auction & trading system.

I've been playing on and off since 2014 and have had the great fortune of meeting the most amazing people, and of developing the best friendships. I've had so much fun joking around, learning about others, and discussing numerous different topics. I like that the game is bright and fun, compared to many games that are so dark and serious. I truly love this game and hope it continues forever. I appreciate the hard work that all the workers at Spacetime Studios have done and continue to do. I appreciate all the friends I've met, and the friends that have helped me throughout my life.

Sincerely,
    Arcanedax aka Bradcrawfords
    GM <Is Bored>
    GM <Wrong>

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

i'm against bringing back old gear.
    bringing it back serves no purpose - it's expensive because it's rare. if not rare - it will be cheap, so no point of having it anyway.
    besides, old gear is for me what's really makes arcane legends, well, "arcane".
    so against it, unless Absolutely everything old is brought back. Leader-board vanities included. This for me will 'reset' AL to the start, which for me is bad. (-i mean, what's the point of having something, when it can be 'reset' at any given time).
    but anyway. if someone is going to be scrwed, it's only fair that Everyone that has old gear to be scrwed. and not just "few, selected ones".

what i think, would Really help new players: the game is hard for new players, because it's complex and big, and even experienced players don't know a lot of things that would've helped them, if they knew them. i'm sure this is true for me, and i play many years. so giving new players "useful information" as much as possible, would help them a lot. (as mentioned upwards, a lot of things can be done a Lot easier and faster, if only people Knew how to do it.)
    i think i saw a suggestion for a "guide" messaging pm-s - this sounds ok. also saw a suggestion for improving(detailing) descriptions - also good. in short - add as much more Information (about game) as possible, everywhere. best - directly in the game (,especially for the beginners). if not possible - in forum.
    Last edited by voidPtr; 06-04-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    i'm against bringing back old gear.
    bringing it back serves no purpose - it's expensive because it's rare. if not rare - it will be cheap, so no point of having it anyway.
    besides, old gear is for me what's really makes arcane legends, well, "arcane".
    so against it, unless Absolutely everything old is brought back. Leader-board vanities included. This for me will 'reset' AL to the start, which for me is bad. (-i mean, what's the point of having something, when it can be 'reset' at any given time).
    but anyway. if someone is going to be scrwed, it's only fair that Everyone that has old gear to be scrwed. and not just "few, selected ones".

what i think, would Really help new players: the game is hard for new players, because it's complex and big, and even experienced players don't know a lot of things that would've helped them, if they knew them. i'm sure this is true for me, and i play many years. so giving new players "useful information" as much as possible, would help them a lot. (as mentioned upwards, a lot of things can be done a Lot easier and faster, if only people Knew how to do it.)
    i think i saw a suggestion for a "guide" messaging pm-s - this sounds ok. also saw a suggestion for improving(detailing) descriptions - also good. in short - add as much more Information (about game) as possible, everywhere. best - directly in the game (,especially for the beginners). if not possible - in forum.
    Looks like you are one of those billionaires, only think of your own profit and no one else's

sent from the moon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AnUserNameShouldBeHere View Post
    Looks like you are one of those billionaires, only think of your own profit and no one else's

sent from the moon
    Its not about gold.

Take it this way, every country have their own national treasures which were priceless or some are being sold but in good amount of cash, its just like AL those old stuff were AL's history.

And what's the issue with the rich people hoarding or having them?, respect them they worked hard for it, if you want one, grind for it.

Don't use STS to grant your envious intention.

P.S. I don't own such expensive stuff, the reason why I'm speaking out for them, because it is the right thing.

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

2019=irrelevant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here's my two cents worth and opinions on struggles for new players
    - Levelling Up, especially post level 40. Having to solo certain maps was difficult without a party. Its great if you can join a helpful guild but without that you are relying on being able to solo or random players joining a map. I dont know if its possible but one idea is to be able to "hire" help. Some sort of computer controlled party who can help you without relying on real world players randomly joining your zone or taking pity on you
    - Difficulty in getting gold - It's been mentioned before on this thread but its so hard to get gold. All the good gear is soooo expensive and is a real turn off for new players. Sure you can grind away for months on end but few people will do that with such limited returns
    - Lack of support post level 40 - It would appear things like the chest players got when they levelled up to boost their gear stopped around level 40. And as the game kept expanding the point support did not stopped. Suggest continuing support until players reach higher levels. Or add other benefits such as accelerated xp or gold gain.
    - Story line lost its way - I love the story line in this game but it started to get very loose as you progress through the later zones. At then the Twilight expansion lost me completely. I had no idea how to progress the story, and what to do was not clear at all. Add to that you needed a bed which is really expensive if you guild doesnt have one (though a new player never would have known to think of that) and you couldnt fight the final boss after you reach a certain level. Why would you do that!!!! Any further expansions should have a good story, make it clear to follow etc
    - Lack of drops of good gear - Drop rates in the game really suck. Rather than increase across the board, add some specific zones that are only open for players in certain level range that have increased drop rate of exp, gold, good gear etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maximus11111 View Post
    Here's my two cents worth and opinions on struggles for new players
    - Levelling Up, especially post level 40. Having to solo certain maps was difficult without a party. Its great if you can join a helpful guild but without that you are relying on being able to solo or random players joining a map. I dont know if its possible but one idea is to be able to "hire" help. Some sort of computer controlled party who can help you without relying on real world players randomly joining your zone or taking pity on you
    - Difficulty in getting gold - It's been mentioned before on this thread but its so hard to get gold. All the good gear is soooo expensive and is a real turn off for new players. Sure you can grind away for months on end but few people will do that with such limited returns
    - Lack of support post level 40 - It would appear things like the chest players got when they levelled up to boost their gear stopped around level 40. And as the game kept expanding the point support did not stopped. Suggest continuing support until players reach higher levels. Or add other benefits such as accelerated xp or gold gain.
    - Story line lost its way - I love the story line in this game but it started to get very loose as you progress through the later zones. At then the Twilight expansion lost me completely. I had no idea how to progress the story, and what to do was not clear at all. Add to that you needed a bed which is really expensive if you guild doesnt have one (though a new player never would have known to think of that) and you couldnt fight the final boss after you reach a certain level. Why would you do that!!!! Any further expansions should have a good story, make it clear to follow etc
    - Lack of drops of good gear - Drop rates in the game really suck. Rather than increase across the board, add some specific zones that are only open for players in certain level range that have increased drop rate of exp, gold, good gear etc
    Well said. (:
    Avy
    12-2012