Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] New Player Experience Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Effervesce View Post
    ....at the vendors requiring them there is no mention where to get them and i’ e not found a definitive list. You can’t even see on the vendors what the names of these currencies are so I can’t search for a clue in the forum. It wouldn’t be hard to give us a description on each vendor detail panel just to say something “I only accept Currency X, you can collect these from xxxxxxxx / or / craft these with xxxxxx gathered from xxxxxx” ....

Avatar -> Inventory -> Show Satchel -> click on currency -> see where to get it (most of the descriptions are there).
    --
    ign: Alinamarie / a Roguette

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

give all the classes of equipment that suit them so that they are not too difficult to run the map, give them eggs, dressers, decent items but cannot trade up to lv 61, subtract a little XP or add large XP for every regular search or special search, I think this will attract new players to play. You just need to be a little busy to make it, I'm tired when I see low xp searches and when at lv 61-71 it requires big xp to level up it's very boring, because that's the reason where each of our maps is hard to find random players, making goods that cannot be traded will be better to avoid exploitation
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

most players don't want to level up on the map because it's boring unless you have other options to add decent xp to level up on the map not for exilir xp and not all players can afford to buy exilir xp and big problems you have to give something decent / standard free, so that players can compete when at LV 61-66, I think this is fair for P2W and FP players
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    1) Increase in amount of gold a player can hold! We have players trusting one another by buying items of value to add into trade instead of gold, its shady and hard to usually buy a vanity thats worth 150mill or 140mill because we either gotta go 1 by 1, trades can go wrong, people losing stuff. :/

2) better story mode, I feel like the story for arcane legends could have been better and kept players interested. I mean we are legit bouncing from one place to another.

3)There should be Design events, every event should be a design event!! or for more than 80% !!! If its hard to think of a new vanity for LB for an event: then have us players hit it up! It worked well with the last event where players designed coin bags, eyeball banner, etc. The prizes for players that win design events shouldn't go overboard, maybe some jewels, etc. It'll lessen the work for designers thinking of ideas if everyone interacting with the events by designing. We got great ideas and we wanna be heard
    Thank you for hearing me out Remiem ;-; much love
    Ill definitely participate for the next design event, I missed it during finals week for my school haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Most new players greatly struggle with gearing & when reaching the ren'gol map and above high level maps.

(Since players cannot trade & should wait 10 days *Wandering minstrel quest 100 tokens* to obtain a trade permit. Why not encourage them to play more & climb up the ladder for flashy, pretty. Attractive samples?)

-Add an [Arcane] chest that is rewarded to new players for reaching level 41; The chest contains a powerful Lv41 arcane weapon for each low level class. This arcane weapon is untradeable/unstashable.
    This arcane weapon expires within 5 days. And it disappears from the inventory once the dead line has been met. The description of the weapon will let new players know about it's limited availability.

-Add a [Set] chest that is rewarded to new players for reaching Level 45, The chest contains 1x helmet 1x armor pieces, that when put together gives a set bonus of 50% gl, 500 HP/500 Mana/500 Armor 5.0 Dmg. This set gear is also untradeable/unstashable.

This set gear expires within 5 days. And it disappears from the inventory once it hit the expiry date. The description will let the new players know about it's limited use.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The more samples, the more a player is willing to invest into the game, to feel "Untouchable" again.

You guys should greet new players with a fair amount of samples, it has a strong effect.

plus, you guys really need to update the store. Add new vanities/Bundles/Pets/Emotes/Elixirs/chest.

The store is very very outdated.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 06-20-2019 at 10:05 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The lack of direction in the campaign around lvl 48-50, when you are stuck between elite quests and campaign bosses that are VERY hard, is a really big problem.
    My GF and I almost stopped playing, as the only option seems to be grinding repeatable quests till you get powerful enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

There is a short introduction to the auctions and crafting, but you gain little understanding for the importance it plays in gear progression, and progression in overall power, especially past lvl 40, when the free leveling gear stops coming.
    This playing a small part till lvl 45 due to leveling gear, but a huge role past that, needs a reintroduction of some sort, when it actually becomes relevant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hi Legends! We've heard your feedback that new Legends in the game could use some more attention. We agree! We're looking into some improvements to the new user experience, and we want to hear from YOU. We have a few questions below, but if you have other feedback outside of these, we want to hear it all! What do you think...

• What improvements would you like to see to the new user experience?

• What did you find the most difficult when you were first starting out?

• What would have made it easier to:
      - Connect with other people in game?
      - Level up and collect good gear?
      - Figure out the content (getting through the maps, events, etc.)?

• What did you really like as a new player? What went well?

Thanks a million for helping us to make Arlor better for all!

-Remiem
    For me the biggest concern is PVP. For me, and many others, it is the most enjoyable, competitive aspect of the game. However with so many levels, players are so spread out to the point that it can be non-existent. My friends have had to create groups on 3rd party apps to organise to clash, compared to the early days when you could join a room and almost always find a full room.

My personal suggestion is to do something to encourage pvp either at one particular level, e.g. at cap, or remove levels from PVP, so that all levels spawn into the same rooms with limited PVP sets that are released. All I ask is that no stupid procs that take the skill from pvp are added

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Make leveling up easier and we should be able to reach endgame with story quests only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pls spacetime studio do something about the platinum offers in my country Philippines. The offers are really low 150 and below and most of the offers reaching 100+ requires in app purchases that need to pay 100 USD in other apps. It is really disheartening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

hello again guys, been a while Hi Gman and cinco.

After playing all the Spacetime games for quite a long time. (Was kinda on a break) and seeing other mobile games die (yes many were sunset in my time gone) I wanna help this game and becuse ive invested lots of time here i would like to start.....

IM LOST!!!!!!!! & the Goal is retention for new players

I'm lost even with my lv 61 Ghost character. progressing through levels now seem harder as navigation and other levels hit a pay wall when i hit Graveyard/mausoleum. This actually forced me to quit. As i couldn't keep up with new events and areas catered to other players.

This also slows my progress to a grinding halt. I want to come back, truly i do but as it stands now i have to do the "grave grind" before other levels open up and the events are long gone for those level caps.

Levels 1-61 are really open ended and direct, so the beginning levels are ok, "after being redone a few times in the course of AL history".

if you want starting players to start and stay playing levels 61-71...ect are the most how i say...discombobulated to say it nicely for a mobile game. I know competition is fierce at end game and with all the PvP and guild competition, but this is for starting players to feel like they have a chance.

one key aspect to doing later levels and starting new, is team building with little to no friends. levels do need to cater to newer accounts but also not "One Shot" levels as Legends games tend to do. This isnt dark souls, but sure seems like it.

many do like the friend aspect to AL, but shouldn't be a driving force (as many finish and dropout from lack of motivation) as high end players have already completed many prerequisite from the events as newer players wont really experience the gratification of moving onto the new areas. (like gathering items for a world total), if those events are done and wont come back, then the barrier should also be removed.

Subscription service (ive played many games in my break)
    This might be a hard pill to swallow, but we need to keep this game alive and might devalue plat...but really AL would benefit from a "innovative"
    experience and who said anything about doing it with a daily plat intake . One example is hints or additional secrets only available to sub holders, additional moneys (gold) additional daily summons or have the inn keeper for a "Trial pet" summon for as along as the sub is active (this includes arcane pets..and new "just made up" JEWEL pets ruby, quartz, sapphire, diamond only available to sub holders).

anyway just my ˘.02

nice to see remium back.
    ya'll have a good day.
    Last edited by octavos; 08-13-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Default May as well chuck in my few thou characters :D xx

What improvements would you like to see to the new user experience?

Just imagine how off-putting it must be for a new player joining the game, once they have completed the initially interesting story/side quests from zone to zone, gaining enough XP to reach ~50 (if anything over levelling them through the initial zones.)

After this point, in order to grind the remaining levels to cap, the only realistic options available to them are to log in each day and repeat exactly the same set of boring and meaningless daily quests, in empty maps, in content which means absolutely nothing to them. We can reminisce all we want, but putting locks back in Kraken, or putting new eggs in old maps isn't going to mean anything at all to someone who is new to the game. All of those memories we have are about end game, with players the same level as us, when the relevant expansion was new and exciting.

Whether it takes new players 1 week or 1 month to grind to cap, they aren't going to gain any valuable game experience from doing that.

They aren't going to spend 2 hours with a party of determined souls trying to defeat Elite Bloodhammer in mediocre gear suffering one hit after one hit as they try to work out how tf to beat this thing. Or spend days, months on end farming fire squid on that random kraken map nobody quite knew what it was for.

They aren't going to learn with glee that you can stand basically AFK for hours with their friends in valheim tunnels, dropping locked from ubermans.

They won't enter shuyal expansion and join the frantic rush of the masses to farm elite gold puzzle boxes from undim fields in 1 minute, or spend months perfecting the pulls in the planar tombs and hitting the boss with Kelvin to avoid being 1 shot in Planar 3.

The won't stop levelling and enjoy Tindirin so they can take another year to farm the legendary set there before moving on to glintstone and stopping for another year farming fangs and orc tags.

They won't trawl forums for posts by vets on the best way to run the elites and farm the best gear of each era and learn how the skills and party dynamics have evolved through the ages.

And why would they? All of that is largely irrelevant now....

The new player experience will start when they reach the current expansion, and there is zero reason to make brand new players grind repetitive quests for days on end for no other reason that just to reach cap. In AL end game is the only game (Twink aside). And no matter how much time it takes them to get there (if they even bother at all) they are still going to find themselves largely excluded by the end game community- unable to access guilds where they could learn from skilled/experienced players, because their profile bears a sad/telltale lack of PVE kills and they have no gold to afford the best gear anyway.

Suggestions:
    - Shorten the time and repetition involved in reaching 5 below cap level.
    - Increase the number of XP giving quests available & the quality/quantity of story quests after Tindirin.
    - Make it so that the story quests bring players quickly up to 5 levels below cap.
    - When a new expansion comes, adjust the amount of XP given in quests from the previous expansion so that this still applies.
    - Allow new players to access to auction
    - Make respec free either (c'mon I have hundreds of respec scrolls in my inventory - the only people who can't respec "free" these days are new players and that's who need them the most)
    - Consider the amount of gold you feel new players should be arriving at cap with and adjust the story quests accordingly (for inflation?)
    - The new players experience shouldn't try to replicate the old players journey through the years. It should give them a taste of the game, bring them through the story, and drop them off at the door to end game where lets face it they will still have a long way to go!
    - Barney is hardly the best advert for how awesome pets can be. I don't think he keeps em coming back for more.... add another "barney" type gift later in the game ( level 50?) which gives decent stats and a cool looking aa.
    - Add "story quests" which point to each elite achievement, plus planar arena, and the elusives. Grant XP for these quests and better XP in elite maps.
    - Add Story quests which point to the elite achievements granting free pets.
    - Add more explicit explanations of each type of buff/elix and what it does.

Remove the blockers which segregate new players from old players:

- Reconsider the "Guild" lb so as to encourage guilds to be more inclusive of new players.
    - Reconsider the speed set situation as "not having ss" makes it super hard for a newbie to get on board farming esg, or energy in events among other things.

What did you find the most difficult when you were first starting out?

Getting to grips with the skills / spec. I started before Kraken came out and with no respec option I remember creating my first rogue with a spec which mixed int/dex/strength and on realising I'd picked a terrible combination of skills, and that the options are pointless and I should just put all my points in dex, I remade my character to start again.

Having said that if I started now, the grind would cause me to quit before I ever capped. Early game for me, the grind was short and end game community was strong - the strength of the community is what carried me to continue levelling through every expansion since, even when the grind started getting stupidly long (Festerfang I'm looking at you.)

What would have made it easier to:

- Connect with other people in game?

-Easier method of joining a guild. Early guidance to do so.
    -Guild system where by guilds are listed and new players can simply press "join". (ability to set at least a level requirement or limit number of click-to-join by gm.)
    - Encourage established guilds to embrace newer players. Currently guild lb is set to encourage "old" accounts, with high numbers of PVE or PVP kills.

- Level up and collect good gear?

Get them to end game. Provide basic legendary armor/helm/weapon 5 levels below cap. Let them farm good gear in the current content along with the other 95% of the game population.

- Figure out the content (getting through the maps, events, etc.)?

The 5 min tutorial at the start works well - just extend this further through the content right through the levelling up process, as a continuous process involving the HUD as opposed to relying on new players stumbling across the right NPC.

What did you really like as a new player? What went well?

- Absolute #1 = Following story quests.
    - Closely followed by finding a really good, supportive and chatty guild.
    - Quickly got to cap.
    - Klaas / Shaz
    - Regular content updates - not very long between expansions/ new content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valdor View Post
    -New maps for no boring in game after reach 71 lvl, maps for farm good things or elite runner chest to worth it.
    -Propably New Skills and skill points.. skill points is too low...
    -New pets (common,rare,epic,legentary,mythic)
    -Dont put so much "junk" in chests...
    -Increase the drop rate of elite runner chest arcane drops... its ridiculous... open 800 elite silver runner chest and drop nothing...
    To this point....

Why are "bronze" elite runner chest better than silver and gold from which we always seem to get useless items such as "nature jewel elixir"?

The items from the bronze chest are the ones we are all after.... xp elix, dmg/reduction, frequent gold reward, reroll, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...9&share_type=t

Some good ideas/discussion on the above thread.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm a new player, could I be banned if my account is log in to my mobile.. and I will open it on laptop or other gadget? Could I might be banned if I transfer my gold in gears from my account ( character ) to my another account ( another character ). I need some answer coz I don't want to lose, and quit playing AL. I experience being banned but the is now good reason or explanation at least, we could understand why we were being banned.. thank for your reply.. MORE POWER AL.

Sent from my Flare_S7 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hellex014 View Post
    Hi, I'm a new player, could I be banned if my account is log in to my mobile.. and I will open it on laptop or other gadget? Could I might be banned if I transfer my gold in gears from my account ( character ) to my another account ( another character ). I need some answer coz I don't want to lose, and quit playing AL. I experience being banned but the is now good reason or explanation at least, we could understand why we were being banned.. thank for your reply.. MORE POWER AL.

I play on loads of devices (iPad, phone, laptop) and never been banned for it. I've even moved away to another country and played on my devices while there and still fine so don't worry.

Gifting to another character on another account also won't get you banned - it's not breaking t&c to gift to another character which is why there's an interface for it.

I've heard of people getting accounts banned in the past but this was for example if they have a fake account receiving millions and millions of gold through "illegal" methods (against t&c) and feeding their main character with it.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you for your reply.. it's a big help for me. Hopefully mod and Dev. Reply too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Сделайте нового персонажа

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well am f2p so I will say this sts what new players need is simply 1) keep the story line 2) make better GOLD drop STOP HOARDING GOLD we humans have a life to live not play games 24/7 3) make quest easy to understand so players don't get tired and give up. 4) improve the merchant system the difference between p2p and f2p is too much so therefore if there is a new pet that cost 30m gold make a pet that is close to that pet available for f2p that can be gotten from boss drop. Control the price of vanities they don't add stats to players but cost hilarious gold. Nekro yes Nekro the quest to craft a Nekro is just stupid cause at the end of the day crafting a Nekro is no different from buying one on auction. STS make a world boss that will need about 12-16 heroes to hunt and kill, that will be more fun. Also scrap re-roll it is just not worth it. A boss drops a useless item and my luck elixir let's me re-roll a more crap item then its a waste of time. Please work on luck also why such I put on a luck item and run a map say 20-30 times and get nothing to show for it.
    So STS this are things that will make a new player stick around.
    Last edited by Tobiwalkerx; 09-08-2019 at 03:31 PM.
    Heroes what your profession??? We fight we fight we fight!!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tobiwalkerx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    i'm against bringing back old gear.
    bringing it back serves no purpose - it's expensive because it's rare. if not rare - it will be cheap, so no point of having it anyway.
    besides, old gear is for me what's really makes arcane legends, well, "arcane".
    so against it, unless Absolutely everything old is brought back. Leader-board vanities included. This for me will 'reset' AL to the start, which for me is bad. (-i mean, what's the point of having something, when it can be 'reset' at any given time).
    but anyway. if someone is going to be scrwed, it's only fair that Everyone that has old gear to be scrwed. and not just "few, selected ones".

what i think, would Really help new players: the game is hard for new players, because it's complex and big, and even experienced players don't know a lot of things that would've helped them, if they knew them. i'm sure this is true for me, and i play many years. so giving new players "useful information" as much as possible, would help them a lot. (as mentioned upwards, a lot of things can be done a Lot easier and faster, if only people Knew how to do it.)
    i think i saw a suggestion for a "guide" messaging pm-s - this sounds ok. also saw a suggestion for improving(detailing) descriptions - also good. in short - add as much more Information (about game) as possible, everywhere. best - directly in the game (,especially for the beginners). if not possible - in forum.
    Looks like you are one of those billionaires, only think of your own profit and no one else's

sent from the moon