Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The unfair system of luck in the game

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Default The unfair system of luck in the game

It has been mentioned numerous times here in the forums, just reinforcing it that the luck system in game is really wrong and an alternative to it must be sought. Every event, every non-event rare drops, the same people keep dropping items and that too multiple times; while others barely drop one in a week or none in comparison to 5-7 in a single week. It may take me 2-3 days to make 10-12m and lucky ones drop items and make double the amount in a single day. I have known individuals to drop BB hooks, 2x heroic sam and timurs in a couple of weeks. And I have known people run planar arena like crazy(1k+ runs) to not drop the planar recipe when it was the most sought amulet, while others got it in 1-30 runs. While it may be very good for people who keep dropping, for the rest its really depressing to put in effort every time to not have anything to show for it. Thus I would suggest an alternative should be given a chance. Even though option to buy items with tokens is very good, people will still complain on items being easy to get. So maybe add a system where individuals get something when they have done a certain number of runs in a map or event zone. It will motivate people to run more too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fightbeast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

+1

Cumulative luck should be implemented. I actually have pretty good luck (i think) but do feel bad when I see someone running every event hard and getting nothing.

I'd like to see it implemented for locked too as sometimes I can open 500+ with no arcane/heroic which makes me not want to spend any money on the game.

The crate tokens just don't cut it, 500 plat worth of awakes can buy any token item, so kinda pointless atm.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Idly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Logically speaking if luck is just a matter of 'feel good' and the truth of the matter is RNG is the decider of fates, then luck doesn't exist and luck related wearables eg. fob, lepre... do not work at all. It feels like a big scam, but if you think of it, you dont really become more 'lucky' wearing them, its more of you being more inclined to get the better stuff because RNG is now limited to having a higher proportion of better stuff obtainable as opposed to not when you wear luck related stuff.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LegendaryLeo For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Why such thread appears again. It has been explained again and again in the past. This is a computer generated chance that cant be predicted. This is something that can be controlled. Move on just farm more which you can control, being lucky does not equate to effort, is all about chance at the right timing .

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Maybe being lucky doesnt equate to effort, but that shouldnt be the case everytime right? Computer generated or not if the rng system actually works functionally; everyone is bound to get lucky at one point of the duration of lets say an event. Currently same ones keep getting everything while for others its nada. I myself did countless runs in 6-7 months of infested and hydra and all I got was one mire necklace. If the system actually worked, like you said everyone should be getting crazy lucky on the right timing. It cant be someone's rng works so well for them that they get 6 arcane drops within a week, while others's suck so much that they never drop anything in months or years. There is a system at work, but I dont think its RNG. And its not like I am asking things for free. I gave a suggestion for an alternative that can be implemented.

Spooked, I suggested an alternative to the luck area. If there is any useless post, its yours; it didnt add anything to the discussion.
    Flamesofanger, I know you to be a troll; so dont expect any further responses from my side to you.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

So in your 'knowledgeable' opinion, those who are always getting drops should continue making all the profits in game while the rest should just give up since too bad they never had an account favored by your rng?! And its not about me not being able to loot the items I desire, I ve seen people quit, good players who just had given up because all their efforts, all their time and all their money never had any results. Whether it be locks, map drops or any 'RNG' based system. I dont mind people getting drops. But it should be equitable. Not favoring one party every time while ignoring the rest. Learn to see beyond a narrow perspective. You re probably one of those who keep getting drops, but understand the frustration of people who run endlessly without results.
    Cheers 'buddy'

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fightbeast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fightbeast View Post
    I dont mind people getting drops. But it should be equitable. Not favoring one party every time while ignoring the rest.
    Actually RNG system exists solely for this purpose. It doesn't favor anybody, everyone has equal chance of getting various items. It picks loots RANDOMLY, which is why it's called RNG (Random Number Generator). And you can improve your odds of getting good loots in events by using luck items which will give you chance of 're-roll' if the loot tables allow it, so that you can have an extra pull for good drops.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebereasider For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I know what RNG stands for. But looking at the difference in loot amounts and the discrepancy between luck of different toons/accounts/individuals; one would really start questioning whether it is actually RNG deciding the loot. Either the RNG is different for different people or it doesn't exist in the game. Either way it becomes unfair. And secondly for most of the rarer drops today, loot reroll has become almost an impotent option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

No matter what, one will always feel their luck sucks. I share my loot if I already looted a good drop to those in my party.
    Avy
    12-2012

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

what hard to understand that plat buyers looting much more than f2p lol

here some my loots:
    -2,5m pts in somberhold - 1 shard only,running mostly m4-6
    -opened a lot of pirate/war/puzzle chests - got 1 blood ruby ring
    -current event - 0 arcanes
    -deep marsh 1,7k bosses - 0 set-type items, 0 arcanes
    -infested/hydra - a lot of runs - just mire arti mind (when it already cheap)
    -500+ nm raids at lvl66 expansion - 0 set items
    -a lot of wasted hunter elixirs (cryo/king) - never throne/core/cryo vanity recipe
    -do i need about awakes which i got? my best awakened item by myself - 4%dex in daggers
    -elite tindirin/shuyal/planar tombs - 0 vials after lvl56 expansion

what about "unfair system"? everything fair, u paying - u getting more $$$
    u all here seriosly thinking that its just "luck"? haha, good LUCK!
    Last edited by slaaayerrr; 06-07-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Thats looks like gamble even luck elixier doesnt help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

they tell me luck items dont work better remove them and run no luck .. they also tell no lucky pet pls x.x idk y .. i think they loot more % than equiping luck items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

It has been mentioned numerous times here in the forums, just reinforcing it that the luck system in game is really wrong and an alternative to it must be sought. Every event, every non-event rare drops, the same people keep dropping items and that too multiple times; while others barely drop one in a week or none in comparison to 5-7 in a single week. It may take me 2-3 days to make 10-12m and lucky ones drop items and make double the amount in a single day. I have known individuals to drop BB hooks, 2x heroic sam and timurs in a couple of weeks. And I have known people run planar arena like crazy(1k+ runs) to not drop the planar recipe when it was the most sought amulet, while others got it in 1-30 runs. While it may be very good for people who keep dropping, for the rest its really depressing to put in effort every time to not have anything to show for it. Thus I would suggest an alternative should be given a chance. Even though option to buy items with tokens is very good, people will still complain on items being easy to get. So maybe add a system where individuals get something when they have done a certain number of runs in a map or event zone. It will motivate people to run more too.
    This is one of the main reasons I quit the game. I don't have luck with RNGs and as a result the only way I could keep up in the game was to pay. I don't have thousands of dollars to spend on a game, so there was no point continuing.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

So in your 'knowledgeable' opinion, those who are always getting drops should continue making all the profits in game while the rest should just give up since too bad they never had an account favored by your rng?! And its not about me not being able to loot the items I desire, I ve seen people quit, good players who just had given up because all their efforts, all their time and all their money never had any results. Whether it be locks, map drops or any 'RNG' based system. I dont mind people getting drops. But it should be equitable. Not favoring one party every time while ignoring the rest. Learn to see beyond a narrow perspective. You re probably one of those who keep getting drops, but understand the frustration of people who run endlessly without results.
    Cheers 'buddy'
    'Those always getting drop' arent 'always getting drops' they might have a good RnG at a time, but im sure i wont hear you when that exact person loots nothing for days in a row. In your mind you made up this little world where some people are apparently bound to good RnG and others arent? You seem to me very uneducated about this and your 'arguments' are repetetive and contain nothing but this thing you have made up for yourself.
    Do some research before you start posting because you looted nothing.
    Thanks,

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaaayerrr View Post
    what hard to understand that plat buyers looting much more than f2p lol

here some my loots:
    -2,5m pts in somberhold - 1 shard only,running mostly m4-6
    -opened a lot of pirate/war/puzzle chests - got 1 blood ruby ring
    -current event - 0 arcanes
    -deep marsh 1,7k bosses - 0 set-type items, 0 arcanes
    -infested/hydra - a lot of runs - just mire arti mind (when it already cheap)
    -500+ nm raids at lvl66 expansion - 0 set items
    -a lot of wasted hunter elixirs (cryo/king) - never throne/core/cryo vanity recipe
    -do i need about awakes which i got? my best awakened item by myself - 4%dex in daggers
    -elite tindirin/shuyal/planar tombs - 0 vials after lvl56 expansion

what about "unfair system"? everything fair, u paying - u getting more $$$
    u all here seriosly thinking that its just "luck"? haha, good LUCK!
    It doesn't matter how much you have paid, ive blasted through 9233 plat so far and i havent gotten anything either, in all my years, even on my old account, i have never looted an arcane.
    But you wont hear me moan and cry about it. Its how this game works, you are not entitled to anything when farming or opening chests. Its R-N-G.
    It's hard to understand for some people i suppose

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

I find ridiculous complain if you don't loot anything, luck system works this way since the game got released, and cause of this complain..few years ago STS made all happy adding gold loot sytem, the system that allows you to gain gold compared to your hardwork and how many hours you run.

Always complain and complain..we finally got 2 different ways to make gold, luck based and gold loot based, if you feel unlucky just stick to other..is what community have asked for years..there is nothing to change for me but well that's my opinion.

I enjoy every now and then try loot items w luck gears, it is more cause I am nostalgic of old times..but we all know almost all our inventory are filled with items bought with gold loot gained from maus and elite sg (not considering plat users).
    I didn't loot anything? Well yes.. maybe another time I ll be more lucky..not a big deal

P.S. I know the frustration of grinding and not loot anything but cmon, we know it works this way!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I don't think the problem is with luck per-se, its just that there are so many useless garbage items in the game to wade through. Which might give the overall impression that luck is flawed.

Rare and Epic gear become useless pretty much after the first town. Common is useless at game start. All of it is just throwaway junk, stuff you have to deal with including all those useless chests scattered about which contain even more throwaway junk.

If they removed all this garbage from the game, and gave chests in zones decent loot (maybe each protected by a randomized and fairly tough mini-boss upon opening to prevent farming abuse) then it would make the current system of luck far more noticeable and useful overall.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Deezey For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Actually, if you really do play all the events, as you say (rerolls/luck over a long period of time, in multiple situations), then your luck will even out over time.

There are "luck" effects in this game though, so if others are wearing more luck than you, then you are really comparing apples and oranges, which are definitely not the same.

Assuming all is the same, your luck should even out over time. Sometimes, you will be lucky. Other times you will not be lucky. I have great luck in events. I have also had no luck in events, such as this event. For me, I assume it is my reroll modifiers, general rerolls, and how much I play, so how often I reroll. If I can get the reroll events to a big enough number, I should have some amount of luck. I always assume a big enough number should be at least a few hundred, and probably more like a thousand.

So suggestion for this event: Kill the boss 1000 times. I have heard that luck affects his arcane rolls. I have heard that it doesn't. So try 1000 kills w/ max reroll you can generate, and 1000 kills w/o. Since you not only want many chances at a lucky roll, but also want as many rolls as possible over the maximum time period, you will want to play over as great a time period as possible.

Good roll!

Star light, star bright...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Spooked, I am going to stop responding to you too after this post It's pointless because you are the one uneducated on this. If I made my points, I stuck to them because I have seen it happen in all the years I ve played this game. And yes I definitely have played longer than you since you dont have much knowledge on these stuff apparently. Check the points I made and check the responses you made; you ll yourself realize who was repetitive and didnt have any solid argument. And on the last post that you made, I ll reply to Arkua and you together. You both completely miss the point of my post. I made this thread to speak on the unequal distribution and an alternative solution to it. Over a week some have looted artis for each day of the week while others have looted none. That's the same case for every event and every drop. And most of the times, it is always the same ones who are unlucky and same ones who are lucky. And I am not even asking to nerf their drops. And a suggestion I made which probably only a couple people noticed was for maybe a reward for completing a certain number of runs. Which is actually a fair request. Farming gold wont change the fact that someone doesnt drop anything. Every time some one posts about crappy luck, people bully them out. Its high time you guys realize that in fact some people have had a hard time keeping up with others in comparison. We choose to run and farm events because we hope to get the rarest of drops. The feeling in itself is very good.
    Fyrce, those who know me in game know that I run like a maniac when it comes to such events and maps. So I ll hold you to it and do at least 2k runs hopefully by the end. But you do understand the dejection of having to see everyone else loot except you every single time :')

Anyone else who has to resort to insults like spooked please dont do it here. Lets talk like sensible beings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Funny when someone disagree it changes into "you don't understand the point".
    Maybe what you didn't get is that many have your same situation but we move on and don't make a big deal of it.

Your suggestion altough it would benefit me and many other players is simply unfair according to my opinion cause it would modify the concept of luck base event, can I say it or you will say again I didn't get it?

Luck base event does not make an equal distribution of loots, never happened and never will. Gold loot farm does. Lately devs even invented event who gives the possibility to grind pure gold + lucky drop (booty event), what else more you need..

This is my opinion, peace.