Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The unfair system of luck in the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fightbeast View Post
    Spooked, I am going to stop responding to you too after this post It's pointless because you are the one uneducated on this. If I made my points, I stuck to them because I have seen it happen in all the years I ve played this game. And yes I definitely have played longer than you since you dont have much knowledge on these stuff apparently. Check the points I made and check the responses you made; you ll yourself realize who was repetitive and didnt have any solid argument. And on the last post that you made, I ll reply to Arkua and you together. You both completely miss the point of my post. I made this thread to speak on the unequal distribution and an alternative solution to it. Over a week some have looted artis for each day of the week while others have looted none. That's the same case for every event and every drop. And most of the times, it is always the same ones who are unlucky and same ones who are lucky. And I am not even asking to nerf their drops. And a suggestion I made which probably only a couple people noticed was for maybe a reward for completing a certain number of runs. Which is actually a fair request. Farming gold wont change the fact that someone doesnt drop anything. Every time some one posts about crappy luck, people bully them out. Its high time you guys realize that in fact some people have had a hard time keeping up with others in comparison. We choose to run and farm events because we hope to get the rarest of drops. The feeling in itself is very good.
    Fyrce, those who know me in game know that I run like a maniac when it comes to such events and maps. So I ll hold you to it and do at least 2k runs hopefully by the end. But you do understand the dejection of having to see everyone else loot except you every single time :')

Anyone else who has to resort to insults like spooked please dont do it here. Lets talk like sensible beings.
    While i clearly state my arguments, and back them up you keep going against it. You can't just say RnG is different for every player. Everyone has the same chance so why change that? Having a guaranteed reward takes away the thrill of looting one, aswell as the rarity of the item since everyone can now loot it like its a golden chest.
    If the RnG system decides one individual doesnt loot an arcane and someone else 2 in a row thats not favoritism -as many make it out to be- but thats just the numbers. I can't stress the fact that this is coding based enough, because people like you apparently have the hardest time grasping the idea.
    And i'm not alone on this. Everyone is telling you the same thing but you refuse to listen. Maybe you should listen to others for once.
    I do find it amusing how you state that i insulted you? I never cussed at you or insulted you, unless, ofcourse you can't handle the truth. but thats fine

Cheers,

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Not going to argue further. I believe in the case I have stated. Whether you believe it or not is upon you. Final decision and deliberation rests with STS.

Said wont respond but still recheck the post you made before this one to understand what insult I am talking about. And a couple of people don't make everyone. Maybe you should read properly for once.

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    I have heard that luck affects his arcane rolls. I have heard that it doesn't.
    I don't believe luck affects the arcane drops.

My experience, on my fifth or sixth run a belt dropped for me. I had 0% luck, there were no reroll messages. There were no luck pets present or other modifications to luck yet it dropped anyway. After that I pumped my luck up to about 120%, then got plenty of rerolls of Pulley's crate and points, but no more arcane drops.

The goodies dropped from the boss would seem to be on a separate loot table with a set 1 in X chance to drop regardless of luck. Since the separate loot table would have only one class of item on it (arcanes) it would be unaffected by luck anyway.

My observations after many runs, I hope this helps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Deezey For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaaayerrr View Post
    what hard to understand that plat buyers looting much more than f2p lol

here some my loots:
    -2,5m pts in somberhold - 1 shard only,running mostly m4-6
    -opened a lot of pirate/war/puzzle chests - got 1 blood ruby ring
    -current event - 0 arcanes
    -deep marsh 1,7k bosses - 0 set-type items, 0 arcanes
    -infested/hydra - a lot of runs - just mire arti mind (when it already cheap)
    -500+ nm raids at lvl66 expansion - 0 set items
    -a lot of wasted hunter elixirs (cryo/king) - never throne/core/cryo vanity recipe
    -do i need about awakes which i got? my best awakened item by myself - 4%dex in daggers
    -elite tindirin/shuyal/planar tombs - 0 vials after lvl56 expansion

what about "unfair system"? everything fair, u paying - u getting more $$$
    u all here seriosly thinking that its just "luck"? haha, good LUCK!
    Im F2P player. Few examples of my luck:

-Winter 2017 = 3 artifacts in brood

-Halloween 2017 = 2 artifacts, including 1 in my very 1st boogie bag of event (15mins after started)

-Current event = 5 artifacts and 1 belt

-Etc etc etc

Conclusion : Loos like the 'CRYING' thing you always talk about has become an epidemic...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluehazee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

ty sts i looted infest shadow

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

It seems like you people cant even stop. This is exactly the type of bullying I mentioned in my previous post. You guys continue. I already said what I had to. And I never once insulted or asked to be spoon fed; get your facts right. And if you and your lackeys keep trolling here and in game nothing is going to happen, just my ignore list gonna get even bigger.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fightbeast View Post
    It has been mentioned numerous times here in the forums, just reinforcing it that the luck system in game is really wrong and an alternative to it must be sought. Every event, every non-event rare drops, the same people keep dropping items and that too multiple times; while others barely drop one in a week or none in comparison to 5-7 in a single week. It may take me 2-3 days to make 10-12m and lucky ones drop items and make double the amount in a single day. I have known individuals to drop BB hooks, 2x heroic sam and timurs in a couple of weeks. And I have known people run planar arena like crazy(1k+ runs) to not drop the planar recipe when it was the most sought amulet, while others got it in 1-30 runs. While it may be very good for people who keep dropping, for the rest its really depressing to put in effort every time to not have anything to show for it. Thus I would suggest an alternative should be given a chance. Even though option to buy items with tokens is very good, people will still complain on items being easy to get. So maybe add a system where individuals get something when they have done a certain number of runs in a map or event zone. It will motivate people to run more too.
    i back up this person hundred percent. a lot don't understand why he's what he's saying, and start talking about random number generators or philosophy (what is luck) or whatever - it's only matter of definitions and is not the point of the thread. others saying - some get something, other don't - of course, everybody knows that, and that's not the point of the thread either. The point is - this whole "Idea" is Wrong, initially, at the core. it may be the easiest to be implemented(programmed) by the the developers, but is the most wrong and unfair. There just Do Exist other ways of rewarding, that are just more fair. tokens or anything else - there Are "systems" where you can be sure that if you play you Will be rewarded, And in the same time, that if you Don't play - you'll Not get rewarded.
    Rewarding someone just for couple of runs, And at the same time Not rewarding other for hundred/thousand/more runs - is just some stupid Stupid unfair system.
    It's not about how luck "feels". he's just saying the whole rng or luck or "call it how you want" system is wrong and unfair and he has the full right to say so, cause he is absolutely right. - it is unfair.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to voidPtr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    i back up this person hundred percent. a lot don't understand why he's what he's saying, and start talking about random number generators or philosophy (what is luck) or whatever - it's only matter of definitions and is not the point of the thread. others saying - some get something, other don't - of course, everybody knows that, and that's not the point of the thread either. The point is - this whole "Idea" is Wrong, initially, at the core. it may be the easiest to be implemented(programmed) by the the developers, but is the most wrong and unfair. There just Do Exist other ways of rewarding, that are just more fair. tokens or anything else - there Are "systems" where you can be sure that if you play you Will be rewarded, And in the same time, that if you Don't play - you'll Not get rewarded.
    Rewarding someone just for couple of runs, And at the same time Not rewarding other for hundred/thousand/more runs - is just some stupid Stupid unfair system.
    It's not about how luck "feels". he's just saying the whole rng or luck or "call it how you want" system is wrong and unfair and he has the full right to say so, cause he is absolutely right. - it is unfair.
    Are you this deluded really? The point were making is there is no need for a new system as the one we currently have is the fairest for every player. You want a system where ever 500 runs u loot something? (for example) then people who do not have entire days to spend are in a disadvantage, while they may loot something on their 10th run.
    You need to educate yourself about the definition of Luck and RnG because to me you seem like just another forum junkie jumping on the bandwagon.
    Cheers man,

PS: if you find this thread 'offending or insulting this forum is perhaps not meant fo you'

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Are you this deluded really? The point were making is there is no need for a new system as the one we currently have is the fairest for every player. You want a system where ever 500 runs u loot something? (for example) then people who do not have entire days to spend are in a disadvantage, while they may loot something on their 10th run.
    You need to educate yourself about the definition of Luck and RnG because to me you seem like just another forum junkie jumping on the bandwagon.
    Cheers man,
    PS: if you find this thread 'offending or insulting this forum is perhaps not meant fo you'
    i never insulted anyone in my entire post. i only talked about the original post of the thread-maker.
    now. how Nice are these ? : "Are you this deluded really", "You need to educate yourself", "you seem like just another forum junkie", "this forum is perhaps not meant fo you" ? some very warm words, said to me

about the point of your post. now, here it will be extremely hard to answer, without what i say to be qualified as insulting. but i'll do so, without insulting, anyway.
    do you have Any idea what "fair" is? "fair" is get something when you've done almost nothing, AND to Not get something, after you've worked hard, a lot? this is "FAIR"? this is fairest for all players? this is the right/proper reward? to get something for nothing, and get nothing for days/weeks/months play? is FAIR?
    every reader here can answer these questions for himself/herself. and what to think about someone that answers to these questions with "yes" / or with "no".
    Last edited by voidPtr; 06-08-2019 at 04:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

i never insulted anyone in my entire post. i only talked about the original post of the thread-maker.
    now. how Nice are these ? : "Are you this deluded really", "You need to educate yourself", "you seem like just another forum junkie", "this forum is perhaps not meant fo you" ? some very warm words, said to me

about the point of your post. now, here it will be extremely hard to answer, without what i say to be qualified as insulting. but i'll do so, without insulting, anyway.
    do you have Any idea what "fair" is? "fair" is get something when you've done almost nothing, AND to Not get something, after you've worked hard, a lot? this is "FAIR"? this is fairest for all players? this is the right/proper reward? to get something for nothing, and get nothing for days/weeks/months play? is FAIR?
    every reader here can answer these questions for himself/herself. and what to think about someone that answers to these questions with "yes" / or with "no".
    Clearly you didn't read what i said. I never said you or anyone else insulted. I was simply replying to the statement i threw insults in earlier posts.
    Please actually read before responding.
    And yes the current system is fair, not everyone has the time to farm thousands if hours just to loot something, so they might get lucky on their first run. There is always a group in the disadvantage, atleast now the chances are morr equal.

Last edited by Spooked; 06-08-2019 at 05:17 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Clearly you didn't read what i said. I never said you or anyone else insulted. I was simply replying to the statement i threw insults in earlier posts.
    Please actually read before responding.
    And yes the current system is fair, not everyone has the time to farm thousands if hours just to loot something, so they might get lucky on their first run. There is always a group in the disadvantage, atleast now the chances are morr equal.
    "Clearly you didn't read what i said". - also very warm word. and undoubtedly true, since i cited your own words that were in the reply of my post (,without reading them):
    "Are you this deluded really", "You need to educate yourself", "you seem like just another forum junkie", "this forum is perhaps not meant fo you"
    . And never said that you insulted me. i just repeated your own words, and i left the readers to decide, what they think, about such words.

and just for the record (, because it's important) ,i have to point out, that to the questions:
    "fair" is get something when you've done almost nothing, AND to Not get something, after you've worked hard, a lot? this is "FAIR"? this is fairest for all players? this is the right/proper reward? to get something for nothing, and get nothing for days/weeks/months play? is FAIR?
    - he answers with Yes - he says it's "fair" to get something when you've done almost nothing, AND to Not get something, after you've worked hard, a lot (days/weeks/months).
    As i already said - readers decide for themselves, what to think. about any answer. or anyone.
    Last edited by voidPtr; 06-08-2019 at 05:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

"Clearly you didn't read what i said". - also very warm word. and undoubtedly true, since i cited your own words that were in the reply of my post (,without reading them):
    "Are you this deluded really", "You need to educate yourself", "you seem like just another forum junkie", "this forum is perhaps not meant fo you"
    . And never said that you insulted me. i just repeated your own words, and i left the readers to decide, what they think, about such words.

and just for the record (, because it's important) ,i have to point out, that to the questions:
    "fair" is get something when you've done almost nothing, AND to Not get something, after you've worked hard, a lot? this is "FAIR"? this is fairest for all players? this is the right/proper reward? to get something for nothing, and get nothing for days/weeks/months play? is FAIR?
    - he answers with Yes - he says it's "fair" to get something when you've done almost nothing, AND to Not get something, after you've worked hard, a lot (days/weeks/months).
    As i already said - readers decide for themselves, what to think. about any answer. or anyone.
    Are you honestly offended by 'clearly you didnt read what i said' bro i am done x)
    There is no Fairness in this world, maybe if you would actually get off that attic of yours you'd see, but that isn't important.
    So not being able to loot anything because you have a social life or work is fair? It's about RnG not fairness. Making it so every 500 runs you get something defeats the purpose of RnG and doesnt make it Fair, it makes it just another generic Mmo game.
    Lets not forget the bots then shall we? Lets make it easier for them aswell!
    I never stated its fair looting something without having to work hard for it. But that's simply how it works.
    The fact you can't seem to loot anything doesnt mean you should project that onto others because as far as ive seen the last week you and this fightbeast are the only 2 moaning about this.
    Or maybe lets make it so u can get an arcane every 20 days! Might aswell if you want to make it this easy

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

...It's about RnG not fairness. Making it so every 500 runs you get something defeats the purpose of RnG and doesnt make it Fair...
    this THREAD IS ABOUT FAIRNESS. look at the thread's NAME.
    you are talking about other things, as if "rng", "luck", or "whatever you want to call it" is "Needed" - and i'm saying Exactly the opposite - that it is not only unneded, but Wrong and Unfair and should be changed.
    It's about the fairness in the GAME, not in whoever's social-life. when writing about anything else, and Not about the Fairness in the Game - then you are derailing the thread's topic. - you are writing about your own topic, that interests you - but this is NOT the thread's topic - i have to repeat - it's about the Fairness. In the Game.
    oh, lets just add more warmness: "get off that attic", "moaning"

now, i'll be talking to every Other reader here. when two (or more) people write many long posts in short period - then the thread becomes long, thus hard to read - and the readers don't wanna read it, because it takes too much time. And this way, the thread becomes undesired to be visited - and then even if it contains ideas that they agree with and may be important to them - the people may not read them. because of this, i'll try to avoid answering (without promising it), so people "hopefully" may read what i think is important (of what i wrote) - and this is my first post - so i'll repeat this first post here:
    i back up this person hundred percent. a lot don't understand why he's saying* what he's saying, and start talking about random number generators or philosophy (what is luck) or whatever - it's only matter of definitions and is not the point of the thread. others saying - some get something, other don't - of course, everybody knows that, and that's not the point of the thread either. The point is - this whole "Idea" is Wrong, initially, at the core. it may be the easiest to be implemented(programmed) by the the developers, but is the most wrong and unfair. There just Do Exist other ways of rewarding, that are just more fair. tokens or anything else - there Are "systems" where you can be sure that if you play you Will be rewarded, And in the same time, that if you Don't play - you'll Not get rewarded.
    Last edited by voidPtr; 06-08-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Looks like i didnt word my thoughts correctly, my bad. I kinda agree with Fight, he runs more than me or most people i know and he never get any drop. Maybe a solution can be add this items to vendor for a very high amount of tokens, so those who grind events can have reward even if no lucky.

PS: my post was to reply the fallacy about 'F2P doesn't get loot, only P2W get drops...'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I feel the same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

+1...if anyone loot something just be happy cuz u guys did loot something n stop complaining...there r many ppl who run countless run to loot something..u guys can simply say "run alot u will loot something"..but until the end many didnt loot..its really pain some grinding maus n esg to get gold ..but this luck ruining it...how u will feel when the work super hard for few days to get 10m for while some ppl did few run get arti which cost 10m+...cuz of this farming is not worth it n better to sit in town n shouting for merch...i have too many tokens that i cant use at all..atleast add those gears as untradable version to buy with tokens so our hardwork paid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts

Some people are just magnets for good luck and I don't think anyone knows why. I'm not lucky when it comes to looting things here and winning stuff in real life. I won a raffle once at school (many years ago) and I think that was rigged because I was the teacher's pet.
    The biggest thing I looted in AL was a fossil a good while back.
    I was probably the only one who didn't loot any Ashen vanities at all. My gm gave me a set when he saw that no matter how many times I ran that map festooned with charms and lucky pets I looted nothing.
    I actually looted an undead vial yesterday though and won a free go on the lottery last night so maybe my luck is changing...now I'm scared because I'm not used to it. 😓

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Some people are just magnets for good luck and I don't think anyone knows why. I'm not lucky when it comes to looting things here and winning stuff in real life. I won a raffle once at school (many years ago) and I think that was rigged because I was the teacher's pet.
    The biggest thing I looted in AL was a fossil a good while back.
    I was probably the only one who didn't loot any Ashen vanities at all. My gm gave me a set when he saw that no matter how many times I ran that map festooned with charms and lucky pets I looted nothing.
    I actually looted an undead vial yesterday though and won a free go on the lottery last night so maybe my luck is changing...now I'm scared because I'm not used to it.
    The end got me scared

23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,904 Posts

I think we've gotten all we can here. Thanks all! Thread closed.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post: