Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sigh...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Sigh...

I join a game for xp runs and I immediatly get booted with reason "." Then, just now I was about to get booted, when (player) that isn't even host tells host to "boot". Wow, can't you just ask politely to leave please? There was another game I joined and the host said "Sry full" but he didn't boot me, I said "Ok ". Can't you people be more like them? I mostly see people boot w/ a stupid reason "D", "I"' like really? Random letters..? Wow. So annoying, it's pathetic.
    Last edited by Draopwnzall; 12-12-2011 at 09:22 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Draopwnzall For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

It sucks to be booted. I've been booted many times and I've also had to do the booting sometimes as well. Usually when I boot, I will first just message the player and say, "Sorry full".

There are the rare cases though when you have a full group and 1 player is trying to get in. Each time someone leaves, another joins. 5 seconds pass for them to leave. Another player joins. Ask them to leave. Another player joins. Your friend starts pestering you -- "Its still FULL!!" You boot someone and take the time to type out "Sorry, its full". Quickly invite your friend to join again. Another player joins again! You tell your friend to spam join and you just start booting as fast as you can until your friend is in...

Okay, its a bit exaggerated, but anyone who hosts games knows this happens! I have counted like 10 people booted before our 5th player gets into the game before.

I know you will say, you should just lock the game-- and really if you have a full group you should. However, sometimes you are pugging to pick up potted players and you are perhaps on your 2nd or 3rd run with that new group and its not time to say, lets put a pass on this game now.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kiitz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I haven't ever had to boot anyone, if I did, I'd like to think I would be polite about it. But what if hands are also full trying to keep someone else in group alive? It could be the situation per previous poster or the above, either way I prefer to give the booter the benefit of the doubt. It at least takes some of the sting out of it for me (the bootee, had to say it lol).
    Just my take on it, a different spin so to speak.
    -- Act and you will have dinner, do nothing and you will BE dinner - Gowron, Klingon High Council--

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Instead of booting for reason "Full" I tell them. But sometimes I accidentally press boot instead of message. :|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I hate booting because It makes my ipod freeze.
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I think its the nature of txting that people don't want to write long sentences (our even complete words!) especially if it's just to bout someone...

Personally, I hold grudges. And there are quite a few people I've removed from my "friends" lists over stupid and obnoxious boots. And there are some people that I will not run with AT ALL, and when I see them in a game, I leave.

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These days I mostly join friends or guild runs~

Those who ever booted me with random letter or dot will get a pm from me, hahaha. Maybe you should pm them so they may improve in future. They gotta learn to be nice to fellow pocket legends gamers.

Its not easy being a host, I usually msg people "sorry, guild members joining" many times if continuous joining happens. Will boot if the person refuse to leave.
    Brotherhood Rocks!

Palyna Level 66 full int mage
    Palyne Level 30 Bear

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

If you can just accept the game mechanic as it is, it should work just fine XD Being too overly sensitive over a game isn't really going to help...just a game, learn to work around the system, we all did (well those who don't complain at least).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draocad View Post
    I join a game for xp runs and I immediatly get booted with reason "." Then, just now I was about to get booted, when (player) that isn't even host tells host to "boot". Wow, can't you just ask politely to leave please? There was another game I joined and the host said "Sry full" but he didn't boot me, I said "Ok ". Can't you people be more like them? I mostly see people boot w/ a stupid reason "D", "I"' like really? Random letters..? Wow. So annoying, it's pathetic.
    Lol "." and "s" were the reasons they booted me too! Maybe if people would ask politely or actually give a reason then I would be satisfied. I especially hate it when people ask me or whoever the host is to boot that player who is lvl 58 in a 60 game. Im cool with players being SLIGHTLY underlvl but when people ask me that I get so annoyed.

STOP! DRAGON TIME!
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER EGGS!

PL: BUUBUUFTW, CHICKSTRIPPP, XXBUUBUUXX
    SL: BUUBUUFTW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

A lot of people just boot for efficiency, not so much to be considerate. Prevents the runs from being slown down. I personally have some boot loadouts for people that are stubborn and like to join every game I make after I make it...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I try to be polite about it but 90% of players aren't like you. 90% of them will just stay in the game, silent but moving, until you boot them. So I at least provide them with some in-site like "sorry full " on boot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I try to be polite about it but 90% of players aren't like you. 90% of them will just stay in the game, silent but moving, until you boot them. So I at least provide them with some in-site like "sorry full " on boot.
    It's usually 1 of 3 scenarios when you PM them "Full":

1) They pretend to go AFK

2) They beg you not to boot and ignore your PM

3) They leave (not-so-common)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    It's usually 1 of 3 scenarios when you PM them "Full"
    I have 3 scenarios for when I'm on the receiving end of the boot.

1.) Ask if the game if full immediately on join, if so, I leave.

2.) Get booted, but if it is polite, I usually do a /t and say "okay all good"

3.) Get booted with reason "." "noob" "sparklingpwniesforlife!" or "I hate you" then the /t flames come out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde:510179

I have 3 scenarios for when I'm on the receiving end of the boot.

1.) Ask if the game if full immediately on join, if so, I leave.

2.) Get booted, but if it is polite, I usually do a /t and say "okay all good"

3.) Get booted with reason "." "noob" "sparklingpwniesforlife!" or "I hate you" then the /t flames come out.

You have really been booted with the reason "sparkilingpwniesforlife!"? Lol just made me laugh, I get booted for being too fast sometimes. It's rare when I'm booted for full, guild run, etc. reasons. Its usually "slow down" "you're too fast!" Etc. Lol
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    You have really been booted with the reason "sparkilingpwniesforlife!"? Lol just made me laugh, I get booted for being too fast sometimes. It's rare when I'm booted for full, guild run, etc. reasons. Its usually "slow down" "you're too fast!" Etc. Lol
    I got booted with that reason before in SL by a level 34....on my level 18...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

You know whats funny too? You go to boot someone with the word "FULL" and accidentally hit something by accident completing the boot with just the word "FU".
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I try not to boot, but sometimes it can't be helped when you're trying to save a spot. And yes, when people join constantly and some don't go when you say, "Full" what can you do? I've been in games where the joins are so fast, I'm both booting and chatting, "Full". Sometimes, we end up in a closed game when it gets that busy.

I've also seen other hosts with that issue. They start with 'Full' and end up with '.' because they can't be fast enough and still keep up with the group. Sometimes you have the leisure of waiting and talking, but there are lots of times when I had no clue where all the people are coming from, there are so many.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Also, when I run games I have the phrase "Guild run, guilders come first FYI" on one of my load outs, and I also have the phrase "Sry, guild run" on my clip board for when I am forced to paste in the boot button dialog. Short and to the point and wastes very little time.

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I know the feeling.

I lvled up my bear about a week ago and when I reached Fang this whole booting thing got a bit annoying.

But ONCE I got booted by a way which wasn't in any way acceptable.

I was lvl 63 with my bear if I recall correctly. I was in trash and I was searching for random PUG games. I joined a game where were 3 unnamed players with the same unnamed guild. I asked politely if it was alright if I come along. "ofc" said the host. The run was almost a half way through when I joined and when I got the point in the map where the rest of the team was I recieved a PM from the host:

"U r not welcome here because u r in Eclipse" and right after that I got booted with the reason "bye noob".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

HaHa Ninja, me too. Booted for being in Eclipse