Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What I hope the new gear will (re)introduce in the 110 cap!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default What I hope the new gear will (re)introduce in the 110 cap!

Hello, all!

I'm extraordinarily excited for the 110 cap that is just beyond the horizon. We owe it to Cinco and his team for working incredibly hard for fueling PL with exciting new features and content.

Before the new cap gets rolling, I'd like to just share my two cents about what I'd personally like to see for the upcoming gear – particularly, with regards to PvP. I'll do my best to keep this short, but I certainly hope this can be taken into consideration.

I believe PvP is most electrifying and engaging when it emphasizes coordinated attacks (i.e., kiting, timing, mastering ranges, etc.), but with shorter fight durations. The key here really is reducing the time it takes to obtain kills. PvP feels repetitive and drawn out when it takes over 15 seconds to get a kill. There were a handful of caps that did a superb job capturing the fast-paced, high-focused sensation -- and those two qualities alone make PvP addicting.

Now, I'm not advocating for PvP to be full of one-shot kills. We've experienced this on numerous occasions, and it definitely is not enjoyable. While I do believe it is better to err on the side of fast-paced kills, there is a balanced to be achieved with respect to the duration of fights.

Ultimately, PvP needs to come down to the timing of your skills and the precise range at which you execute attacks. Players should feel the consequences of miss-timing spells. Doing so requires saying goodbye to excessive dodge and tanky-ness/armor (again, my aim is not diminishing dodge and armor in this case, but they should never feel overbearing).

I realize that perfecting the balance in PvP is always a challenge, and I know Cinco is going to need the full support of the community to help him out -- but I felt it was important to just get the ball rolling on how I hope to see endgame PvP with a new cap around the corner.

What are your thoughts? What makes PvP fun for you?
    Last edited by XghostzX; 06-17-2019 at 07:25 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post: