Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What I hope the new gear will (re)introduce in the 110 cap!

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default What I hope the new gear will (re)introduce in the 110 cap!

Hello, all!

I'm extraordinarily excited for the 110 cap that is just beyond the horizon. We owe it to Cinco and his team for working incredibly hard for fueling PL with exciting new features and content.

Before the new cap gets rolling, I'd like to just share my two cents about what I'd personally like to see for the upcoming gear – particularly, with regards to PvP. I'll do my best to keep this short, but I certainly hope this can be taken into consideration.

I believe PvP is most electrifying and engaging when it emphasizes coordinated attacks (i.e., kiting, timing, mastering ranges, etc.), but with shorter fight durations. The key here really is reducing the time it takes to obtain kills. PvP feels repetitive and drawn out when it takes over 15 seconds to get a kill. There were a handful of caps that did a superb job capturing the fast-paced, high-focused sensation -- and those two qualities alone make PvP addicting.

Now, I'm not advocating for PvP to be full of one-shot kills. We've experienced this on numerous occasions, and it definitely is not enjoyable. While I do believe it is better to err on the side of fast-paced kills, there is a balanced to be achieved with respect to the duration of fights.

Ultimately, PvP needs to come down to the timing of your skills and the precise range at which you execute attacks. Players should feel the consequences of miss-timing spells. Doing so requires saying goodbye to excessive dodge and tanky-ness/armor (again, my aim is not diminishing dodge and armor in this case, but they should never feel overbearing).

I realize that perfecting the balance in PvP is always a challenge, and I know Cinco is going to need the full support of the community to help him out -- but I felt it was important to just get the ball rolling on how I hope to see endgame PvP with a new cap around the corner.

What are your thoughts? What makes PvP fun for you?
    Last edited by XghostzX; 06-17-2019 at 07:25 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Oh, and I hope to see the removal of procs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Reminds me a lot about honor mage. Miss-timing fire or healing when you shouldn't, etc can easily set you for a loss in the fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I feel like one of the only solutions might be to instead of adding more stats to our gear (going higher every cap) it should be lowered. Cinco has said he wont remove enchantments ever so to balance it out we should just lower the stats to allow more fast paced timed skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    I feel like one of the only solutions might be to instead of adding more stats to our gear (going higher every cap) it should be lowered. Cinco has said he wont remove enchantments ever so to balance it out we should just lower the stats to allow more fast paced timed skills.
    LOL, u wanna get rekt by L105 gear while using L110 gear?

As for the topic, yes indeed, it should be, proper full nuke should pay off, not 2 hit kills. PPl still gonna complain who doesn't understand fast nuke as they did several time at past at wrong situations but that is what PL always was and it was possible to do 1v2/3 even at classic stages but which is not possible now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

So it is worth to Level up to 105? Because im level 96 and it's so boring...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

So just lower the stats on everything might as well if this is a cap “in the very distant future”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Removal of procs, make sets class specific. And shorter fight durations is what id like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Unbalanced pvp

Pvp now takes little to no skills. Procs in 105 are random, and some can be easily activated before a fight. 25+ are dominated by 25 elites and qtrs. And under 25 is all about dodging.. Well rip. Mage's dominate and noone uses the honor sets lol. Bears dodge more than birds....??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Oh, and I hope to see the removal of procs
    Heavy disagree unless you want only pvp procs removed. I actually want to see more effort and elaboration in the 110 pve procs if there are any, like 71 gear level at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    Heavy disagree unless you want only pvp procs removed. I actually want to see more effort and elaboration in the 110 pve procs if there are any, like 71 gear level at least.
    I'd be fine with PVE-only procs. Those can be a lot of fun.

Keep them out of PVP this cap though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    Yes, was only referring to the removal of PvP procs. I think they are great for PvE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Yes, we can all agree procs are better in pve. It's not an actual skill and is helpful with mobs and taking down bosses. But what I'd really like to see is no procs and an expansion of the elite honor gear like skill level set. And I totally agree, adding all the time doesn't fix things. Especially when you have to tailor to pve and pvp. That's what I like the honor idea, it separates the 2 without having to make drastic changes to game mechanics. If you pvp, you need this set and so forth and if you pve you need this and that. With that said, pvp only pets? Lol.

You Only Lose When You Give Up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Lets pray that cinco and his team remove the enchants because now it feels like pay 2 win

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I doubt enchants are going away but itd be nice to not have to spend millions and millions just to get mediocre enchants. Also itd be cool if enchants didnt just include stats but visuals too, like sparkles or glowing. Like if your set, or item, has a certain amount of armor or damage it gets a certain visual effect.

You Only Lose When You Give Up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by killinclaw View Post
    I doubt enchants are going away but itd be nice to not have to spend millions and millions just to get mediocre enchants. Also itd be cool if enchants didnt just include stats but visuals too, like sparkles or glowing. Like if your set, or item, has a certain amount of armor or damage it gets a certain visual effect.
    First we should get visuals on our amulets D:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
    Pvp now takes little to no skills. Procs in 105 are random, and some can be easily activated before a fight. 25+ are dominated by 25 elites and qtrs. And under 25 is all about dodging.. Well rip. Mage's dominate and noone uses the honor sets lol. Bears dodge more than birds....??
    Quote Originally Posted by HQNA View Post
    Lets pray that cinco and his team remove the enchants because now it feels like pay 2 win
    atm most people in this game must pay to win.. sad

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TheUnity For This Useful Post:

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Enchantments can be “saved” now - making it much easier to get the exact specifications you want for each item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: