Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rogs swamp Challenge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

As i told b4 in forum ..mage class is pure waste now..ebons making mage even worst..crowd control is no uss at all since ebon ruining the game..although how high n op dps a mage got that mage cant even do as much dmg as average geared rogue..basically for new players..dont pick mage since mages r not invited to most maps..
    *everything base on my own experience

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Strike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Interesting thread. Very interesting.

I wonder. What the future holds for us? I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 06-17-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post

The future? New 7/7 Set, all with 0 stats and terrible looks, but if you wear them all at once, they become beautiful and everyone around you dies. Each piece comes from a different kind of lock and is rare as f tho. :P
    Retired

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    The future? New 7/7 Set, all with 0 stats and terrible looks, but if you wear them all at once, they become beautiful and everyone around you dies. Each piece comes from a different kind of lock and is rare as f tho. :P
    5/5, 6/6, 7/7 Set gear bonus' that are only activated within specific zones, is very balanced and healthy.

But gear that is as powerful as all set gears we've ever gotten so far, combined all together. Into 1 piece of equipment. That can proc by just getting hit, anywhere you go.

Now that, is too concentrated.

Dev's. I hope you look very deep into this. Please guys, take this with a grain of salt.

There are so many unique proc's we could go for, like maybe a maul of Ollerus type of AoE proc? Anything other then "Power Creep" Statistical buffs.

(Power Creep: When an item has such a sudden increase via power, it becomes a requirement to keep adding items with such massive power gaps. Thus, turning out to be rather troublesome for new/old players to be on par, without being obsolete).

There are two sides to everything. This is merely my opinion.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 06-17-2019 at 04:09 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Its nice to have each class at 71. That way youre ready for each meta that comes.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

The funny thing is, I would consider warriors weaker and more useless than mages. Only ebon (and maybe tb) warriors seem to have any value right now, and that’s not a very large percentage of warriors.

Mages were good in twilight expansion because of their op procs (mainly ds, but hex and immo were good too). But ever since those procs became obsolete, so did the class. Warriors were struggling greatly as well, until ebons were introduced and the proc made them all of a sudden op.

I feel like if we want this game to be balanced, sts needs to do exactly that: balance the classes. The proc of one weapon shouldn’t be the defining factor of a class. Each class should have value and be able to contribute regardless of using the “meta weapon”. Mages were deemed useless in maus if they didn’t have a ds. Warriors are deemed useless if they don’t have ebon. Rogues are good no matter what (even with all pink gears). Please sts, address the real problem at hand.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I blame the person who came up with the idea of ebon weapons, it's clear that he/she has no knowledge on how mage class plays in this game.

There are only 3 offensive mage spells that can be used without doing any kind of cc (even those skills have cc, but upgrades can be removed), that means we are limited to use only 3 skills in this event or anywhere we or our party is using ebon. That itself reduces our dps output. On top of that the ebon procs for dags does 3x more damage and aegis does 4x more damage vs ebon staffs in pve.

Now tell me why would anyone like to carry a mage in the group? Even the best geared mage is useless for damage based events. But who gives a crap? Devs certainly dont.

Forget group LB, there are less than 5 mages on solo LB who were able to kill all 4 bosses. And they were only able to do it because they were lucky enough to get the weapon/armor to proc.

Its a shame @Sts.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny McCormick For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Forget group LB, there are less than 5 mages on solo LB who were able to kill all 4 bosses. And they were only able to do it because they were lucky enough to get the weapon/armor to proc.

Its a shame @Sts.
    Killed boss 4 twice now, just haven't cleared the mobs in same wave. Boss doesn't give any more points than mobs which sucks as I'm one of the lowest scorers on wave 19 and probably performed the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post

i tell you what we'll see buddy, an expansion which make Rogs Super again , then they can vs Ebon Aegis tanks , and mages will be decorations as like always .. that's all

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    Your dps is 8k and you want to be invited in 15k party. You didn't spend on gear as much as them and you want to run as effective as them, ridiculous.

The entire reason behind this thread is that mages don't want to upgrade their toons like rogues do and prefer spending all resources on gl and shiny vanities.
    I just want to apologize for some words i used yesterday on my comments about you. I disagree with you 100% and many times i think you have been disrespectful to other ppl or mainly to certain class (idk why but is like something personal for you), but this is not a valid excuse for my behavior, and even if i consider your comments disrespectful or ridiculous, i shouldn't have been at same level. Yesterday wasn't a good day and now i think i made big mistake, so i use same social way to apologize.
    Im sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I blame the person who came up with the idea of ebon weapons, it's clear that he/she has no knowledge on how mage class plays in this game.

There are only 3 offensive mage spells that can be used without doing any kind of cc (even those skills have cc, but upgrades can be removed), that means we are limited to use only 3 skills in this event or anywhere we or our party is using ebon. That itself reduces our dps output. On top of that the ebon procs for dags does 3x more damage and aegis does 4x more damage vs ebon staffs in pve.

Now tell me why would anyone like to carry a mage in the group? Even the best geared mage is useless for damage based events. But who gives a crap? Devs certainly dont.

Its a shame @Sts.
    Verry well said! Ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Its a shame @Sts.
    Ebon gears are far too complex to set foot in arlor, yet.

Ebon gears are just too concentrated, they need a complete revamp.

Imbalance & Chaos cannot be fixed by just simply adding even more powerful gears, thus the cycle never ends.

Remember the times when you could fight players without being worried of their weapons, deciding to proc "A reflective barrier"?

Remember when gears were meant to buff your stats by like 50 str/ or 5% armor? Instead of 30k+ Armor & 4/5k+ DMG/DPS in just 1 simple proc.

This game is not ready yet, to obtain such items. We haven't even hit level 100 cap like pocket legends. We aren't ripe enough.

^^^^^
    This is just my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 06-18-2019 at 03:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Normally sts makes a character stronger than the other at each expansion so each has a theme but yeah mages asses has been farmed up lately pvp and pve before mages were a need so as a rouge and tank each had a specific role in the party but now the dmg of the rouges exceeded the limit of power especially with the new gears thats why people like hartholwurm top lb mage quitted this week because of this disbalance if each character had a balance rank rating and can complete with the other characters it would be perfect its a 3 characters game not one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Someone mentioned mages don't spend, personally as a mage i can hit 13-14k dps and 10k damage and still get showed up by a rogue with 4k damage and 7k dps in any event or map. So what's the point of gearing to be op when 4 rogues solve everything? Swamp temple is bugged in many and "luck" gets u on lb not just pure "skill".

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Statsonly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Statsonly View Post
    Someone mentioned mages don't spend, personally as a mage i can hit 13-14k dps and 10k damage and still get showed up by a rogue with 4k damage and 7k dps in any event or map. So what's the point of gearing to be op when 4 rogues solve everything? Swamp temple is bugged in many and "luck" gets u on lb not just pure "skill".
    Yup rogues can do a lot more with lower gears.. and i'm also tired of running event 17-19 waves everytime to be just lucky to proc at the boss and get lb luck based..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Very interesting info *.*

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    a variety of character and equipment changes are being designed presently (largely in the interest of serving the 76 cap).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idly View Post
    Very interesting info *.*
    tnx for resharing it here

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk