Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Thoughts on 110 Cap?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Default Thoughts on 110 Cap?

Hello,

What do you all think of the 110 cap so far?

I think Ebonthrax is pretty hard to kill, but worth it. The drops are pretty balanced, as well as looking super cool. I really like the design of the new town, especially that of the Pet-Crafting NPC.

I especially like the new boat-race mini-game, that definitely made up for the long awaited Nuri's Hallow Mini-Games never being implemented.

Once a few other people cap I am looking to get some 3v3's together to test the new PvP sets - who would be interested?

Thank you for the prompt update.
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 06-17-2019 at 09:50 PM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to burntoutdex For This Useful Post:

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    Hello,

I think Ebonthrax is pretty hard to kill, but worth it. The drops are pretty balanced, as well as looking super cool. I really like the design of the new town, especially that of the Pet-Crafting NPC.

Once a few other people cap I am looking to get some 3v3's together to test the new PvP sets - who would be interested?
    Go back to your time machine nerd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by synfullmagic_23110 View Post
    Go back to your time machine nerd
    Did you check the Playstore this morning?

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Did you check the Playstore this morning?
    HOLY **** WTFFFFF I DIDNT KNOW

IM UODATING RN

hai doods

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to synfullmagic_23110 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Hello,

I especially like the new boat-race mini-game, that definitely made up for the long awaited Nuri's Hallow Mini-Games never being implemented.

It was definitely worth the wait. The new boss/mob mechanics are definitely more challenging than previous campaigns, but they open up way more possibilities for team-oriented play. Even with maxed out gear, it's impossible to solo. Maybe the dev team should consider adding a "solo" mode for this reason like they do with event maps. On a side note, the new gear designs are really cool. I thought that bringing the black dragon sets back as rare/epic gear drops would get a lot of backlash but it was quite the opposite. The boat racing games are also pretty awesome, almost like a whole other game within PL. I could see this bringing in a lot of new players, old and new.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fruitbattwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbattwo View Post
    It was definitely worth the wait. The new boss/mob mechanics are definitely more challenging than previous campaigns, but they open up way more possibilities for team-oriented play. Even with maxed out gear, it's impossible to solo. Maybe the dev team should consider adding a "solo" mode for this reason like they do with event maps. On a side note, the new gear designs are really cool. I thought that bringing the black dragon sets back as rare/epic gear drops would get a lot of backlash but it was quite the opposite. The boat racing games are also pretty awesome, almost like a whole other game within PL. I could see this bringing in a lot of new players, old and new.
    I agree, I was surprised by the BD dropping; but so far, it seems as if it will be healthy for the economy.

Boat-Race Time Trial tourney next? Exclusive Boat vanity for winner?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I have to admit, the new cap did kind of take me by surprise but it was a pleasant surprise no doubt. I am really enjoying the theme and the all around feel of this cap. I found the strategies used to defeat the bosses to be exceptionally difficult but at the same time, very fun with the right group. I am looking forward to crafting my own sets and checking out the PvP action when I reach cap. Thanks again to Cinco for his dedication to Pocket Legends over the years and his unremitting attention to detail, it has always been worth it.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Waydog For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Hello,

I was lucky enough to drop the first pet vanity!!! Mini-Ebonthrax looks so sick and is a nice change of the common dragon pet vanity.

I’m so excited to find the rest of the vanities!

Maybe also starry-like vanities?? That would be so awesome!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hello,

The boat-racing mini game seemed very nice but I was hoping for a dart mini game, it would’ve been nice.

What are your thoughts on the test of speed mini-game it’s my favorite!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to OverPricing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OverPricing View Post
    The boat-racing mini game seemed very nice but I was hoping for a dart mini game, it would’ve been nice.

What are your thoughts on the test of speed mini-game it’s my favorite!
    I quite like that one!

I also like the boat-battling, as the implementation of PvP across a span of water whilst on a boat is a really nice change of pace to the game. I wish more people were capped so we could try some of the other mini-games.

Quote Originally Posted by iDarkviper View Post
    I was lucky enough to drop the first pet vanity!!! Mini-Ebonthrax looks so sick and is a nice change of the common dragon pet vanity.

I’m so excited to find the rest of the vanities!

Maybe also starry-like vanities?? That would be so awesome!!
    The Mini-Ebonthrax looks amazing! I cannot wait until I drop one. I also like the boat helmet vanity, definitely one for AFK'ing in town.
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 06-17-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Have any of you noticed that you gain exp while pvping? I happen to like this feature very much as I get to enjoy my favorite feature of the game all while gaining something from it. Very nice indeed.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waydog For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

When Cinco said the new cap would be 'tomorrow', he wasn't kidding!

The new dragon-themed faces from the Magic Mirror and the dragon mounts are awesome! I like how you can collect all of dragon bosses in the game as mounts, from Red Dragon Slayer to Ebonthrax - really wasn't expecting mounts to make their debut in this game, but here they are. I, for one, am pleasantly surprised.

They're also quite the steal - only 500 platinum per mount. For brand new content, that's quite the bargain. I can see Cinco making a lot of money from players purchasing these new mounts and showing them off to their friends.

Not to mention, the level 110 PVE seems to have brought back skill-based and team-oriented map runs. I've seen plenty of bears taking aggro and gathering up all of the mobs in the corners of the map while the other members in the team finish off the mobs by completing the mega combos. In addition to this, mages seem to actually heal and revive teammates... Now I don't have to spam for them to do so in the chat!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

This has been one of the best caps in years but I was IMMENSELY disappointed by the return of dragon breathed staff (L71 elite BSM staff) in 110 as an L110 weapon, has cinco learned nothing from the L80 ESB?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waydog View Post
    Have any of you noticed that you gain exp while pvping? I happen to like this feature very much as I get to enjoy my favorite feature of the game all while gaining something from it. Very nice indeed.
    I agree, this is wonderful! I especially like the new mechanics that make it impossible to boost off players to get free xp! Now both PvP and PvE fanatics can cap in whichever way they choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Not to mention, the level 110 PVE seems to have brought back skill-based and team-oriented map runs. I've seen plenty of bears taking aggro and gathering up all of the mobs in the corners of the map while the other members in the team finish off the mobs by completing the mega combos. In addition to this, mages seem to actually heal and revive teammates... Now I don't have to spam for them to do so in the chat!
    While I refuse to run PUG's, I am delighted to hear that there are finally mages pressing those green-leaves for once. This cap truly has united everyone in a really well-rounded way.

Quote Originally Posted by iDarkviper View Post
    This has been one of the best caps in years but I was IMMENSELY disappointed by the return of dragon breathed staff (L71 elite BSM staff) in 110 as an L110 weapon, has cinco learned nothing from the L80 ESB?
    While I dislike the idea of these weapons returning, I must admit, it has some pretty cool features. I especially like the way it procs in towns
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 06-17-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I agree, this is wonderful! I especially like the new mechanics that make it impossible to boost off players to get free xp! Now both PvP and PvE fanatics can cap in whichever way they choose.

While I refuse to run PUG's, I am delighted to hear that there are finally mages pressing those green-leaves for once. This cap truly has united everyone in a really well-rounded way.

While I dislike the idea of these weapons returning, I must admit, it has some pretty cool features: as Dolloway said, with 500plat and a Dragon Breathed Staff you are able to collect any dragon you wish from any campaign. What a lovely feature.
    So now we can farm the old black dragon set in 500 plat map?

Where y'all get this info lol?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yogaa View Post
    So now we can farm the old black dragon set in 500 plat map?

Where y'all get this info lol?
    No no, the BD set is back in the loot-table as rare/epic gear drops.

The 500 plat is used to buy the dragon after you capture it.

We collected this info by playing the new cap ourselves. Have you checked the App/Play Store today?
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 06-17-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

No no, the BD set is back in the loot-table as rare/epic gear drops.

The 500 plat is used to buy the dragon after you capture it.

We collected this info by playing the new cap ourselves. Have you checked the App/Play Store today?
    It's weird, no update...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yogaa View Post
    It's weird, no update...
    He removed the update from the App Store/google play, temporarily because of a game-breaking glitch revolving around the gold loot from Ebonthrax dungeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Ebonthrax was very difficult: I was too busy listening to the new music to fight; Commons couldn't time debuffs; and, Dolloway was a below average tank.

After farming, we decided to cool off in the water and try some Boat PvP. It was very difficult - but that is definitely a good thing.

Enjoying this cap a lot so far

Last edited by burntoutdex; 06-18-2019 at 06:25 AM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burntoutdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Ebonthrax was difficult: I was too busy listening to the new music to fight; Commons couldn't time debuffs; and, Dolloway was a below average tank.

However, we did manage to defeat Ebonthrax. I am happy to say that it drops a nice amount of gold and xp for the effort it takes to kill.

Boat PvP is very fun.

wow nice work and grind there woooowww

i offer ur Ebont scale armor 27m pls