Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ebon armor broken

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Default Ebon armor broken

So testing out after the change for mage, I found that running easy elite maps (I tried elite shuyal and below) the proc would happen quite frequently but it wouldn’t give normal boost. It would increase the damage stat by about 3 and then that damage increase would be permanent for the rest of the map.
    Example: if you have 1000 damage, it would increase to 1003 and then it would stay like that until the next time it proced and would then become 1006.

Haven’t tried all elite maps but it seemed to be shuyal and below. Harder maps the proc seems to give normal boost but it much less frequent.

Can any other class besides mage test this to see if it’s all ebons or just mages?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Also would like to comment a couple other things:

1: proc doesn’t seem to be activated by dots (not sure) or procs from weapons such as hex staffs (pretty sure). I tested in maus with hex staff, charged clock, fireball, and magma aa. With all these damages going on, it very rarely proced. I tested in swamp using ebon weapon and just normal skills and the proc rate was about the same as when I tried all the dots.

2: there is a delay when the proc is showing vs when the proc actually happens. When the proc first goes off and you check your stats, there is no damage increase. After about 1 or 2 seconds after the proc it will increase. Then the damage stays on for 1 or 2 seconds after the proc aura disappears. Not sure if this is bug or if is fine.

Overall I want to say thank you to the devs for the change in proc. Even though it’s a little buggy (above reasons), it is much more useful and helpful for us mages.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Korabiv View Post
    So testing out after the change for mage, I found that running easy elite maps (I tried elite shuyal and below) the proc would happen quite frequently but it wouldn’t give normal boost. It would increase the damage stat by about 3 and then that damage increase would be permanent for the rest of the map.
    Example: if you have 1000 damage, it would increase to 1003 and then it would stay like that until the next time it proced and would then become 1006.

Haven’t tried all elite maps but it seemed to be shuyal and below. Harder maps the proc seems to give normal boost but it much less frequent.

Can any other class besides mage test this to see if it’s all ebons or just mages?
    I was noticing before the proc change for mage that at times , on mage it would increase armor but. Not the damage, but only at times,

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Hello, didn't have much time to play recently but I tested for few minutes new arcane armor mage proc (much much appreciated update). And for sure, the dealing damage does not work on any kind of DoT (damage over time). Fireball, ice, curse, clock, none of dots coming from those skills helps to proc. None of the dot weapons helps proc aswell..hexstaff, horrorific. The advantage skills of mage are dot, guess they should apply and works for this proc. I only tried those skills in elite maus and swamp and when on proc, both armor and damage were increased as intended. I ll check more of the other issues later on ty Korabiv for this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Ok I checked all elite maps and the proc works only in Elite underhul, elite maus, elite festerfang. All the other elites proc doesnt work. The only small buff I see its cause of the other arcane weapon 71 gears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Also would like to comment a couple other things:

There is a delay when the proc is showing vs when the proc actually happens. When the proc first goes off and you check your stats, there is no damage increase. After about 1 or 2 seconds after the proc it will increase. Then the damage stays on for 1 or 2 seconds after the proc aura disappears. Not sure if this is bug or if is fine.
    And yes happens this too.

Dam its all bugged

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,167 Posts

I'll look into this and get it fixed. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I'll look into this and get it fixed. Thanks!
    Thanks Cinco! =)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    Ok I checked all elite maps and the proc works only in Elite underhul, elite maus, elite festerfang. All the other elites proc doesnt work. The only small buff I see its cause of the other arcane weapon 71 gears.
    Hmmm so I had a little time to test today and here’s what I found:

In normal maps, the proc doesn’t work in glintstone and anything that is less difficult than that map. Underhul and any map more difficult the proc works.

In elite maps, elite shuyal and lower the proc doesn’t work and elite tindrin and up the proc works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

i think the Skill DOT damage from FB / Time/ ice does not trigger the mage's ebon armor process..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Same happens here, sometimes (more often than not) when it procs I dont receive the damage buff. Is it just a visual bug with the stats or is the buff not being applied at all?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Forgot to mention that this happens in festerfang, cuz its where I mostly play now.

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,167 Posts

The proc works like an elixir - the damage and armor multipliers do not visually affect the stats you see when inspecting your character :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

The proc works like an elixir - the damage and armor multipliers do not visually affect the stats you see when inspecting your character :-)

This didn't happen before. I bought on 2nd day it was released and i went to swamp to test it. Sorry if something changed after that and i dont know, i sold it so no more tests :')

Enviado desde mi PRA-LX1 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

But sometimes it does show the damage buff when I check my character (12k damage when I only have 5k), and other times it doesn't. I'll test a bit more but I really feel like it's not working properly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Ok I have tested it a bit more just now and it appears that the buff sometimes just takes longer to show in the character stats but its working fine. So nvm my post

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Hmm I sorry but I don’t quite understand what you mean.

Firstly, the buff is for sure bugged in easier maps/ easier elites. There is no change in damage and it procs far more frequently than harder maps.

Secondly, the stats on your character do change when you inspect it. I see the proc in a map, go to my stats, and watch the damage go from 5k to roughly 13k and then drop to 5k again shortly after(is this what you meant?). No change happens in easier maps when the proc goes off. And there is a delay in when the proc is seen and when the damage actually increases. Not only visually on your character but you can notice it while running the map and you all of a sudden do more damage

And if you read my first post, dots do not seem to activate proc. Based on my testing, seemed like it wasn’t working.

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Hmm I sorry but I don’t quite understand what you mean.

Firstly, the buff is for sure bugged in easier maps/ easier elites. There is no change in damage and it procs far more frequently than harder maps.

Secondly, the stats on your character do change when you inspect it. I see the proc in a map, go to my stats, and watch the damage go from 5k to roughly 13k and then drop to 5k again shortly after(is this what you meant?). No change happens in easier maps when the proc goes off. And there is a delay in when the proc is seen and when the damage actually increases. Not only visually on your character but you can notice it while running the map and you all of a sudden do more damage

And if you read my first post, dots do not seem to activate proc. Based on my testing, seemed like it wasn’t working.
    The multipliers do get reflected in the stat display.

The fix to how the proc works hasn't gone out yet, so what you're seeing is this:
    You do damage to something, proc goes off, giving you the non-stat buff. That buff is waiting for you to take damage, which would cause the stat multiplier proc, which doesn't happen in the low end maps because you don't take damage.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    The multipliers do get reflected in the stat display.

The fix to how the proc works hasn't gone out yet, so what you're seeing is this:
    You do damage to something, proc goes off, giving you the non-stat buff. That buff is waiting for you to take damage, which would cause the stat multiplier proc, which doesn't happen in the low end maps because you don't take damage.
    Wait so you say that somehow the armor still proc based on taking damage in lower maps? Or I misunderstood?

24.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    Wait so you say that somehow the armor still proc based on taking damage in lower maps? Or I misunderstood?
    Yes. It's a bug, it's been fixed, but it isn't live yet. It's a 2 part proc - the first part was changed to when doing damage, but the second wasn't.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post: