Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: just tell the truth, devs...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default just tell the truth, devs...

For people like me who try incosolably to win against rogues in pvp and put a lot of effort into this game to do so we deserve an official response to end the false hope. Is pvp balanced?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger's cat View Post
    For people like me who try incosolably to win against rogues in pvp and put a lot of effort into this game to do so we deserve an official response to end the false hope. Is pvp balanced?
    I am not a dev but i would love to answer.

A person must be skilled, let it be a mage , a rogue , a warrior

My question to you is , have you ever pvped sir?

Its on basis of every level that you can see all classes are Op. You must have different sets like vs set , clash set and you are good to go. Enter the pvp and you may see best tanks , mages who can beat rogues.

So yes , pvp is balanced.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Iron.Emma; 06-22-2019 at 04:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Clearly its unbalanced, don't need a Dev to confirm that sir.

if there's a mage in PvP and no dev can see him, would they choose to believe the mage is op or squishy?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Idly For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron.Emma View Post

PvP is very balanced . Its on basis of every level that you can see all classes are Op. You must have different sets like vs set , clash set and you are good to go. Enter the pvp and you may see best tanks , mages who can beat rogues.

Lol ofc ud love to answer ur over zealous answer clearly supports my theory that ur a rogue and biased to ur own self interests. I pvp a lot and all my gear is the best possible excluding a few awakenings that need to be tweaked and most my jewels are +8 and +9. Im open to the possibility that the rogues im being crushed by have perfect awakes and all perfect jewels, but im almost 100% sure thats not the case.

@Idly... bang a gong thats the existentialism i need answered

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lol ofc ud love to answer ur over zealous answer clearly supports my theory that ur a rogue and biased to ur own self interests. I pvp a lot and all my gear is the best possible excluding a few awakenings that need to be tweaked and most my jewels are +8 and +9. Im open to the possibility that the rogues im being crushed by have perfect awakes and all perfect jewels, but im almost 100% sure thats not the case.

@Idly... bang a gong thats the existentialism i need answered
    There are different levels where different people rule in vs. But if its clash , all classes are precious. Whats the level you pvp at?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

There are different levels where different people rule in vs. But if its clash , all classes are precious. Whats the level you pvp at?

Level 7, level 41 and 63 are all dominated by rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Which class team beats 4x aegis tanks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

I am a war and not the best in PVP for sure but i manage to kill all class and i also can get kill by all class, but now with that new armor it may bring even more balance between class, so asking this question now is a bit too early, in one week or two it will be more obvious if that new armor have help or not to balance PVP, Well this is the opinion of a PVP nab

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I dont pvp anymore, but i used to. And all i know is gears arent gonna carry you to victory. Maybe you're not skilled enough yet.
    Everything demands a skill base and if you don't know how to play your cards (skills in this matter) then you will indeed be dominated by a rogue hopping by.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    I am a war and not the best in PVP for sure but i manage to kill all class and i also can get kill by all class, but now with that new armor it may bring even more balance between class, so asking this question now is a bit too early, in one week or two it will be more obvious if that new armor have help or not to balance PVP, Well this is the opinion of a PVP nab
    @ Patd ..The new armor ur referring to would only effect me if im in the level bracket that uses it.

@ Spooked ..I can usually recognize when someones skilled and when someones over powered. Ill try to beat someone whos skilled and seek those players because thats the point of pvp. But usually thats not the case. Pvp has become a case of over powered rogues who can only kill each other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Then don't PvP, or make a rogue. I myself maged at 41 for the longest time, and rogues were food tbh. I'm off and on tanking at 63 and I watch mages kill rogues all the time cause the mages with the skills that pay their bills don't ever take a hit, especially in a clash where all I have to do is block a few times and the enemy rogue has died from a mage. It's a little harder for tanks to take kills at 63 but they still come. There's enough of a balance in clashes, in a 1v1 it's a little different, but it's not impossible, I see skilled mages kill "OP" rogues in ctf a bunch, it is possible, and Ebon tanks are... Doing fine xD Asking the devs to answer however isn't going to get you what you want, not even Rem does PvP :P Thanks for the useless complaint! Have a good one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Rogue's are the least of your concern.

Ebon armor and ebon aegis are two good reasons to forget pvp even exists in this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

I think STS is now aware of what's happening with class balance in both PvE and PvP. They'll be doing some changes to characters and items so I think we can expect things to change a bit starting from the new expansion.

Last post in this thread for reference: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ISE-UP!!/page2
    Retired

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shocan View Post
    Then don't PvP, or make a rogue. I myself maged at 41 for the longest time, and rogues were food tbh. I'm off and on tanking at 63 and I watch mages kill rogues all the time cause the mages with the skills that pay their bills don't ever take a hit, especially in a clash where all I have to do is block a few times and the enemy rogue has died from a mage. It's a little harder for tanks to take kills at 63 but they still come. There's enough of a balance in clashes, in a 1v1 it's a little different, but it's not impossible, I see skilled mages kill "OP" rogues in ctf a bunch, it is possible, and Ebon tanks are... Doing fine xD Asking the devs to answer however isn't going to get you what you want, not even Rem does PvP :P Thanks for the useless complaint! Have a good one
    You pvped? Past tense. Im probably one of the mages in 63 ur referring to btw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

PvP is very balanced . Its on basis of every level that you can see all classes are Op. You must have different sets like vs set , clash set and you are good to go. Enter the pvp and you may see best tanks , mages who can beat rogues.

Huuuuuuuuh since when was pvp balanced lmao

Sent from my SM-A510Y using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    I think STS is now aware of what's happening with class balance in both PvE and PvP. They'll be doing some changes to characters and items so I think we can expect things to change a bit starting from the new expansion.

Last post in this thread for reference: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ISE-UP!!/page2
    Changing a level 71 arcane mage weapon doesnt help me. But by changing it the devs have admitted their fault in the origional concept of the ebon weapon, but in all likelihood it will make little or no differnece in pvp. The problem isnt mage items.. the obvious problem is that rogue stats and armor are too high.

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Default just tell the truth, devs...

On the subject of dueling: truly balanced 1vs1 requires both parties use the same class at same level with the same gear. Otherwise due to class roles (which are fundamentally designed to support each other in PvE with different abilities stats and weaknesses) you have inherent imbalance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    On the subject of dueling: truly balanced 1vs1 requires both parties use the same class at same level with the same gear. Otherwise due to class roles (which are fundamentally designed to support each other in PvE with different abilities stats and weaknesses) you have inherent imbalance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's true that there will always be some imbalance. We can sort of see it as a triangle where Mage beats Warrior, Warrior beats Rogue, and Rogue beats Mage, but what we see now is nothing like that. Rogues don't have a notable weakness, while Warriors and Mages don't have any notable strength and mostly rely on their item's procs to be useful. Can we expect to see this change in the new cap? Like, making Mages and Warriors useful regardless of what weapon they are using?

By the way, I have made a thread about changing Rallying Cry skill into one that pulls enemies like Terror Blade, I'm not sure if anyone has ever checked that since it didn't get any replies, but I think in order to fix things some completely new skills are needed.

Edit: Thread: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...-Warrior-Class
    I'm not saying it should be exactly *that* change, but I'd say some changes as big as these may be better than just adjusting numbers of already existing skills.
    Last edited by arcanefid; 06-22-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    Retired

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    It's true that there will always be some imbalance. We can sort of see it as a triangle where Mage beats Warrior, Warrior beats Rogue, and Rogue beats Mage, but what we see now is nothing like that. Rogues don't have a notable weakness, while Warriors and Mages don't have any notable strength and mostly rely on their item's procs to be useful. Can we expect to see this change in the new cap? Like, making Mages and Warriors useful regardless of what weapon they are using?

By the way, I have made a thread about changing Rallying Cry skill into one that pulls enemies like Terror Blade, I'm not sure if anyone has ever checked that since it didn't get any replies, but I think in order to fix things some completely new skills are needed.

Edit: Thread: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...-Warrior-Class
    I'm not saying it should be exactly *that* change, but I'd say some changes as big as these may be better than just adjusting numbers of already existing skills.
    It has been stated next cap there will be a change especially concerning mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

You pvped? Past tense. Im probably one of the mages in 63 ur referring to btw
    No, I said pvped 41, I said I'm pvping off and on 63, that's present tense. And I do very much doubt it