Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: @Devs, The price manipulators are back

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

So, inflation is one thing and price manipulation is another. Inflation does happen naturally as a result of more currency in the game and is definitely a reality in AL. Price manipulation, however, is when an individual uses nefarious means to simulate inflation to drive up the price of an item. That is unfair and considered something that disrupts normal and intended gameplay, which is indeed a bannable offense. Hope this clears things up.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I've heard this time and again that there is a group of merchants/price manipulators who collectively put their heads together to buy all valued items then hoard them to increase their price. It may be a rumour or it may be true, idk. The most recent attempt at manipulating an item price that I can recall right now was of the gold brawling blouses. All were bought off from auction and listed in fewer quantities for greater prices till STS released crates in the store and viola! People were bound to list it for it's reasonable price again.

And then again the mysterious, enormous, raining gold bids on traders market for valuable items, I often wonder are those real bets or what's the real deal..
    Last edited by Bundlos; 07-09-2019 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Typo

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Gold events make these areas far too gray for anyone to judge. This is a big reason, among a few, for as to why I do not advocate for gold events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    Basic economics 101.. perhaps this course should be needed to obtain traders permit!
    LOL.................

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamegrog View Post
    Tbh now I think sts did a kind of a bad decision introducing Gold loot system coz if it was lock farming the gold would not be produced from a gold farming source which makes the gold hard to obtain and making gold value high.plus lock farming was based on luck which allows players to work more harder to get what they want but gl is like a guy with 450 or 900 gl making like 4 mil + and while ppl with less earn less and this rises in item prices coz the value of gold drops(value of gold earned) and making prices of items
    Sound like a massive amount of gold.the more the players earn the more the gold value decreases.look I'm not complaining or asking sts to stop gl farming coz I'm a gl farmer too but it seems like we can't really do much about it sadly .even I hate hoarding and I think this is kind of above the line coz it's been a long time since booty event ended and still some ppl state this reason to hoard come on guys the more we let hoarders fool us like this the more they hoard.even I have posted about this issue but none really care so Im done posting and waiting to see when the hoarding will end.
    (Plus I'm not some economy analyst I'm just a guy stating some genuine reasons that's all ty)

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    There is nothing wring with gold loot awakes. It is better than "luck' based farming. And nothing wrong with hoarding either. If someone is specifically keeping things for months or years to sell they will sell it at what most people will pay for it. Its an investment and its never without risk because STS...
    Ign : siersan (R), Guild : <Airborn>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sier View Post
    There is nothing wring with gold loot awakes. It is better than "luck' based farming. And nothing wrong with hoarding either. If someone is specifically keeping things for months or years to sell they will sell it at what most people will pay for it. Its an investment and its never without risk because STS...
    Maybe.
    it's just my point of view that's all

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gamegrog; 07-13-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Prices go up and down all the time. Gold loot events really increased the value of some items though