Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: @Devs, The price manipulators are back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default @Devs, The price manipulators are back

I see multiple new forum profiles making threads in traders market forum section to manipulate prices of items: BB hooks, Kershal vanity and Red balloon banner.
    Suddenly the prices of these items are raised from 30/35m to 50/60m in about a month or two.

This is the same thing that happened last year, starting around September prices of these specific items were manipulated to reach 60m and the prices only dropped back to 30m after the mass ban in December. I am starting to think that this can be a group of people who are connected to black market.

Kindly look into it, may be its time for another mass ban. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

.................................................. ......

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

This is the most ridiculous thread my guy. But all love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Black market hahahahahah

Sent from my vivo 1726 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

lol...if u notice,all other item are double or triple the price in the past 1 2 month....why??...

let me explain...this is bcuz of gold inflation...starting from egg hunt event,many low lvl player become rich as they loot n sell plat egg...then there is mini event pirate booty...during 1st day of that event,u can easily farm 1 to 2m with 200gl item in less than hour..as the gold drop is higher..then it got nerff...so,whoever lvl 65++ that play,r rich...then arcanite event,whre even level 50++ can possible to loot from the boss,that drop arcane belt n artifact...so once again,newbies n low levl r getting rich....so,as many bcome rich,the finally afford to buy decent pet n gear n vanity...so its cause less stock in auc,but high in demand..resulting in price surge...

So,move on with 'usual' or 'normal' price like nekro only 6 to 7m 2 month ago...but now,atleast 12m to 16m...chill...n grind the event..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to profmsb For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

No one manipulation price ppl selling cheap item like marvel villain for 20m before marvel event cause scared to be released and now price up to 50m+(for war/rogue) like ghost set 120m few month before and now 190m+ easy price up cause very rich ppl dont check about price. So kershal ollerus bb hook not lb item price not safe just wait few days before al birthday event and see kershal back to 30m hook 25 ollerus 15+/- cause vanity vendor. Same with tree set before winter

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
    Last edited by Intelligents; 06-29-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

black market or free market? whats the difference
    <Epitome of Silentkill >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts

Everything raised in value and price because of last pirate event where people farmed lot of gold with gold loot awakenings = everyone could afford more expensive vanities. Not because of "price manipulators". lol

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Basic economics 101.. perhaps this course should be needed to obtain traders permit!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by profmsb View Post
    lol...if u notice,all other item are double or triple the price in the past 1 2 month....why??...

let me explain...this is bcuz of gold inflation...starting from egg hunt event,many low lvl player become rich as they loot n sell plat egg...then there is mini event pirate booty...during 1st day of that event,u can easily farm 1 to 2m with 200gl item in less than hour..as the gold drop is higher..then it got nerff...so,whoever lvl 65++ that play,r rich...then arcanite event,whre even level 50++ can possible to loot from the boss,that drop arcane belt n artifact...so once again,newbies n low levl r getting rich....so,as many bcome rich,the finally afford to buy decent pet n gear n vanity...so its cause less stock in auc,but high in demand..resulting in price surge...

So,move on with 'usual' or 'normal' price like nekro only 6 to 7m 2 month ago...but now,atleast 12m to 16m...chill...n grind the event..
    Yeah and ppl keep saying "CS overpriced, I offer this (super low offer)" loool

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

*enters black market*

Pssst....a Godzilla DVD and a Ming vase.

Oh! Nearly forgot, an ornatley hand carved wooden leg. I would be purchasing all with my £27 note. Thanks.

MAGE OF DEVIANT MISFITSKGKGKFK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,062 Posts

The economy has been both broken and fine over the past year. Plat eggs first came out they were 80k each, next year (few months ago) they are 150k each because STS made the inventory limit per consumable slot 999. Still confused? Making that 999 lets people have more space to hold more eggs meaning they will buy a lot more to hoard. This is what made plat eggs increase.

Then in this event nox set usually goes down to 1m a piece making the set 2m in the first 3-4 days. The nox set is still 4mil because events kept coming and people kept spending money. No money> no opening locks> no haste sets. People have bills to pay and they are not cheap, try paying 4700$ a month for all of the things you need, not want but need.

Ebon gears. Locks destroyed this part, no need to explain.

Leaderboard vanity, I with out a doubt know why its raising. Its because of 2 things. People A got a ton of gold and people B have the vanities people A want. People A want those vanities so they keep offering higher and higher on those vanities but people B won't sell them. People B take their offers and go around places taking offers on their vanities saying they got so offer. This then makes the vanities value raise by a lot. This is what is happening to kershal-ollerus-bb hook.
    Red balloon banner I don't know why it doesn't raise and stay. Its in the same category of the 3 weapons.

I am very good at understanding economics, its very easy to do. Its commom sense and book smarts tbh.
    I own none of these vanities except red balloon because I got a super good deal on it last night.

Now I have seen some threads in market that seem rather.. exaggerated. I don't think a red balloon will sell in auc for 45mil in under an hour. Especially when people have listed them for 38mil and they sit in auc for 2 days before being sold.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 06-29-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

People teaching economics above should know that inflation happened after pirate booty event and the prices of the said items were raised before that.
    Do some research before commenting on the subject please. Thank you.

PS: I like how panicked some people are here, seems I touched the wrong nerve xD

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    People teaching economics above should know that inflation happened after pirate booty event and the prices of the said items were raised before that.
    Do some research before commenting on the subject please. Thank you.

PS: I like how panicked some people are here, seems I touched the wrong nerve xD
    I don’t understand why you people get upset over this? It REALLY IS COMMON SENSE LMAO. What happens when everyone around you goes from having 10m to 100m? Higher Demand of Popular items such as arcane vanity weapons and pet eggs since they now have more gold to buy them.

People want better looking and stronger items. So if something was worth 6m and everyone now has more gold to spare, more and more people would want this certain item. So since there is not many in game, of course prices of the items would go up. Since their is higher demand.

Just like in the real world, if the minimum wage goes up from 8.75$ to 12.50$ The hour. The prices of most store items would go up since they would need more stock of the item and that would cost more money to make more production of the them. Hope this helps you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Alghost For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

price manipulation is allowed lol. Get good
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    I don’t understand why you people get upset over this? It REALLY IS COMMON SENSE LMAO. What happens when everyone around you goes from having 10m to 100m? Higher Demand of Popular items such as arcane vanity weapons and pet eggs since they now have more gold to buy them.

People want better looking and stronger items. So if something was worth 6m and everyone now has more gold to spare, more and more people would want this certain item. So since there is not many in game, of course prices of the items would go up. Since their is higher demand.

Just like in the real world, if the minimum wage goes up from 8.75$ to 12.50$ The hour. The prices of most store items would go up since they would need more stock of the item and that would cost more money to make more production of the them. Hope this helps you.
    Lol another economist, I bet you didn't do your research either before quoting me.
    Why dont you name 5 other items that risen in price for 2 to 3 times of its value because of your inflation theory.
    All the gears and other rare vanities in the game cost "almost" the same as they used to be, some of them even went down in price.
    The egg prices risen only because of the new egg APs.

Inflation is just an excuse for the group of merchants to manipulate prices, the fact of the matter is that majority of the gold that pirate booty event flowed into players account is already sinked back to the game because of the recent events and awakes for the new gears that came with these events. The market is same as it used to be, so why the prices of some items still high? Because they want it to be.

This comment is for all the economist on this thread, not just for the quoted.

I know how the economy works in game or IRL, that is why I made the thread with 3 specific items. Makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    price manipulation is allowed lol. Get good
    If I remember correctly Cinco said on a thread that price manipulation is a bannable offense. Feel free to check on that
    Edit:
    I tried finding that thread to get the exact comment but I couldnt, it was one of the thread related to Timur hoax. Please link it here if you get it, thanks.
    Last edited by Kenny McCormick; 07-01-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

hope remiem/cinco can explain to this person...or if there exist an AL rule that plyer cannot sell item more than 3 times its initial value?

human a filled with greed n desire....always want a cheap item..but funnyly,when they sell,they didnt sell normal price...

also when they could loot arcane or decent item easily,they will complaint to sts to nerf the drop as they dont want other to loot also..as it cause less in the value...

this is human nature...be cool,mature n njoy the game... i bet there is a game u can get everything easily...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Free market or fixed market. You decide. Do not say free market and then not mean it.

Star light, star bright...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by profmsb View Post

human a filled with greed n desire....

... i bet there is a game u can get everything easily...
    Yes there is a game you can get everything easily for free, it's in real life and it's called burglary. Anyone want a Sony 100 inch 8k TV, 200 quid or a Zhulong egg and it's all yours *wink wink nudge nudge*

MAGE OF DEVIANT MISFITSKGKGKFK

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuhguhbuhbuh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Tbh now I think sts did a kind of a bad decision introducing Gold loot system coz if it was lock farming the gold would not be produced from a gold farming source which makes the gold hard to obtain and making gold value high.plus lock farming was based on luck which allows players to work more harder to get what they want but gl is like a guy with 450 or 900 gl making like 4 mil + and while ppl with less earn less and this rises in item prices coz the value of gold drops(value of gold earned) and making prices of items
    Sound like a massive amount of gold.the more the players earn the more the gold value decreases.look I'm not complaining or asking sts to stop gl farming coz I'm a gl farmer too but it seems like we can't really do much about it sadly .even I hate hoarding and I think this is kind of above the line coz it's been a long time since booty event ended and still some ppl state this reason to hoard come on guys the more we let hoarders fool us like this the more they hoard.even I have posted about this issue but none really care so Im done posting and waiting to see when the hoarding will end.
    (Plus I'm not some economy analyst I'm just a guy stating some genuine reasons that's all ty)

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk