Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.5 Content Update (75561)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Subscription

I think it's time for an all access subscription. JMHO

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maynard For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I will play the devil's advocate here:

Have you people seen the prices of last year's low level holiday items in the CS? So players can totally GOUGE each other, but STS isn't allowed to charge what they want?

Clearly the holidays are a BUSINESS for ALL parties involved...

( IMHO- 2 Plat per run does seem a little steep, but wasn't this same player base complaining loudly when a certain elixir was only one Plat and is completely silent now that it costs 5 ? Hmmmm....)

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dyce View Post
    Devs, please rethink this. We all LOVE the game and appreciate all of the hard work, time, energy, creativity, and spirit that goes into it. But this (2 plat per jaunt) does not follow with the spirit of the game so far - or the holidays! We have all been looking forward to this for a long time, I personally joined around January 7th of this year and have been kicking myself all year that I didnt find the game two weeks sooner. I am not shy to spend plat - I constantly run Thrasher on my Main, and immediately bought the holiday item pack - but this 'pay per view' business really punches us in the gut. Perhaps you can consider a one time charge? Or add a 'season pass' for say, 20-30 plat?

I am confident that this will be addressed in a way that makes everyone a lot happier. After all, look how great the global refresh sitch turned out!

Merry Xmas everybody =)
    i like the pass idea. id even pay 50 if it comes down to it.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Im done so can i get my 2 plat back? Imma buy something that i can KEEP with it thanks

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Guys it really does not matter, we all bought at least 1 entry for 2 plat, now how many players are there? 700000-1000000? Do the math...

Even if we all of us on the forums got up and left now, it would not make an ounce of difference to the a mount that they are making from this winter festival map.

Think about it, you know spammers? They have millions of people on their list, and if 0.5 percent of those people click on their link, they have made a good profit.

Now I'm not saying that they don't care about their customers, they do. Without us (by us I mean all of alterra) they would not be making a penny, but its a game of pushing the limits... see how far we can go before we lose the entire player base, and this move might lose them some, but In the long run they will make a load of money from this and things will soon return to normal.

I completely understand that you guys have to earn a living somehow, and in the next few weeks there will probably be some sort of free item, or veteran award or something that will bring us all back, and you may even lose some people but the pluses outwheigh the minuses.

I am tight on money at the moment, so i guess i wont be playing this years winter map... shame but ok.

Have a great holiday everyone!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanielRH For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We don't want people to buy plat all the time (well, we do but we don't think that is realistic).

We are running a business. We have given you a game that you can play all day, every day, for free. We have to make money somehow or we won't be able to provide this service for you.

The Holiday Content is elective. It is extra stuff. You can earn plat through TapJoy if you don't want to buy it, but it costs us money to run the game, and we have to make money to continue to do so.
    G, you know I am happy to spend plat to pay your team for their hard work. But the Winter Festival in RL is about the spirit of community (metaphorically represented by "light" or "the sun" ) even in the darkest times. It's about faith that the days will not just keep getting shorter because the light will return. In that spirit, I am hopeful the light will return to STS and I wish you and the whole STS family the warmth and fellowship of good company and a tasty feast.

But I am afraid I won't be able to participate in this year's Winter Festival very much. I'll either make a few runs or none. It's just too pricey for me. My Christmas budget put a crimp on my personal pleasure spending. Maybe another time this would have been do-able for me, but this month all my loose cash is going to other people. *shrug*

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

My first PL Halloween two months ago wasn't fun...
    My first PL christmas is a bust...

Not impressed.

I understand that you guys need to make money, but with all the income from elixirs/vanitys, I highly doubt making an event FREE would burn any holes in your pockets. I'd never pay 2plat for one run, some would, but I wouldn't. I tried the first level, did the captured elf quest, I was like... "bleh".
    Not gonna keep paying to do one run.

Sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    I will play the devil's advocate here:

Have you people seen the prices of last year's low level holiday items in the CS? So players can totally GOUGE each other, but STS isn't allowed to charge what they want?

Clearly the holidays are a BUSINESS for ALL parties involved...

( IMHO- 2 Plat per run does seem a little steep, but wasn't this same player base complaining loudly when a certain elixir was only one Plat and is completely silent now that it costs 5 ? Hmmmm....)
    I don't think you can compare gold versus plat. It's real cash versus virtual cash; only time being the common denominator.

Also, IMO, the complaints pre-5 plat were its effects on the LeaderBoards. When they brought it up to 5, complaints decreased. The 5 plat price became an issue to those people who enjoyed the 1 plat for XP alone and not the LeaderBoards.

/thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

We don't want people to buy plat all the time (well, we do but we don't think that is realistic).

We are running a business. We have given you a game that you can play all day, every day, for free. We have to make money somehow or we won't be able to provide this service for you.

The Holiday Content is elective. It is extra stuff. You can earn plat through TapJoy if you don't want to buy it, but it costs us money to run the game, and we have to make money to continue to do so.
    I understand wat u saying but plz this is a special time for sharing ! N I know money running in the real world . Would u plz make this winter fest like last one ( u already did with deco n quests n most of items drops ) with 5 plats to buy it n no limited access ? At this point I can't make new game n doing run with my friends or guild ! I just popped up in middle of a game, not sure that m welcome but did i have other choices?
    U said that Sts need money to run their business n u right but don't u think that all playa on here working hard too to play ur games ? Hope there is something else ( mayb a lil humanity ?!?) counting for u Sts on Xmas time besides the cash
    My best wishes for this Xmas 🎅
    Lady Viviane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

But how much plat will it take to get one pink? With these rates 1000 plat. It would be worth more just to save time and money to pay for something you can keep tomorrow.
    KILL THEM!.... Sorry what were we doing again?

GET HIM!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Once the boss is killed your access goes away. To those of you who don't think it is fair that we are charging access, please understand that we are running a business. We give away almost the entire game for free (including some xmas antlers). You have ways to earn platinum without paying us anything. Salaries and servers don't run on gold... we wish they did!

And for those of you who are enjoying the snowy land of Alterra... HAPPY HOLIDAYS from Spacetime!
    Wow... just wow....

Players have paid up TONS of cash to collect rares like the pirate hat, gingerbread vanity, and RIP helmet. What you guys call running a business is what we call a cash sink video game.. It was one thing to charge 500 plat for a very unique statless pet, another to charge 2 plat per freakin 5 minute run.

I left PL and SL in the first place because it got too expensive. I went to O&C and then with the release of dungeon content, they became like Haypi Kingdom, 50-100$ a month just to be a decent player. So i return to STS and man has the greed level raised. If anyone has some game recommendations that aren't cash sinks I'd gladly take them :/...

*Completed all Tapjoy offers on 3 accounts for both SL and PL.
    *purchased bats in PL and Rivet in Sl
    *Purchased SEVERAL deal of the days
    *Pre-Sewers release, purchased 2 800 platinum packs and plenty of micro 5-20$ packs.
    *Leveled to cap in PL using elixirs for plat
    *Have a massive vanity collection

^^ That not sound like a cash sink?..

Either you spend money and look like somebody or you don't and you look like a total scrub. Not my type of game anymore..

I'm fine spending money for STS, but when EVERY aspect of the game is starting to cost plat, it doesn't sound so appealing anymore. yeah content is free, but the content last for like no time at all. i'd rather make costly one time transations for maps instead of having plat for respawns, plat for potions, plat for auctions, plat for stash, plat for inventory, plat for emotes, and so on. Just gotten so greedy.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 12-15-2011 at 03:38 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pharcyde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Yeh very disappointed, yes STS we know you are a business, we know u have to make money, and you know that rich players will still do all the runs and bring you income, but if u keep this elitism of the rich up in the game, people will quit, yes u will still haveincome from those rich players who can keep up, but u will not have the once awesome mmo with an awesome community u once had. I like the game far more when u could basically preview for free and get everything else for money, now its the basic stuff for free but if u want to be good throw in loads of money. I am saddened by where STS is heading

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

My response is short and sweet:

Tis the season for giving.

As Justg put it, it is an optional campaign and they do have to make money, I get that. However this is an increasing trend on the focus on plat in this game. I have a family to provide for and this "game" doesn't provide the escape it use too. If it is not clear this game is is driven by plat then this is not the same developmental team it use to be.

I have not, nor will not, spend plat on this event. It is a sad day when multiple veterans and community leaders are not participating.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    My response is short and sweet:It is a sad day when multiple veterans and community leaders are not participating.
    It is sad when veterans and contributers are on the forum telling STS that what they are doing isn't working and a bunch of new players tell them they are wrong ..

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #55
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

You can play all the way up to the cap for free. Just last month we gave you Mt. Fang for free. This holiday content is completely elective.

There is a way to earn plat in the game if you don't want to purchase it. We hope you will want to play the Winter Festival, but we understand if you don't.

We still wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

I just hope the STS team decides to change it. I don't have a problem buying platinum, but now that it's this insane.. Idk.

I'll go out and buy 50$ worth of plat if the access fee is changed.

Your losing more money than gaining STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I don't think you can compare gold versus plat. It's real cash versus virtual cash; only time being the common denominator.
    Well, it was an analogy, and no analogy is perfect. I appreciate your opinion, but I still feel my comparison is valid

Also, IMO, the complaints pre-5 plat were its effects on the LeaderBoards. When they brought it up to 5, complaints decreased. The 5 plat price became an issue to those people who enjoyed the 1 plat for XP alone and not the LeaderBoards.
    here is something I wrote just after the plat price was raised on the xp anywhere elixir. It's still a valid point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    The price did go up? HOORAY! THE LEADERBOARDS ARE SAVED!

I knew I should have wasted more time power-leveling all my poor friends and kill-count spamming my twinks. Now I'll probably only be power-leveling my rich friends and kill-count spamming my main...

and nothing else has changed...
    the leaderboard has not reflected anything real in a LONG, LONG time...

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

You can play all the way up to the cap for free. Just last month we gave you Mt. Fang for free. This holiday content is completely elective.

There is a way to earn plat in the game if you don't want to purchase it. We hope you will want to play the Winter Festival, but we understand if you don't.

I know, I'd rather pay 25-50 platinum for unlimited, before paying per run. How about you implement the option then? Have one ability to play unlimited and one for one run. I think the problem is that everyone is astonished at the prices compared to last years 15 platinum unlimited.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'd rather y'all distribute the cost between campaigns rather than make one a huge cash sink. People don't like spending money/platinum massively all in one go.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'd rather y'all distribute the cost between campaigns rather than make one a huge cash sink. People don't like spending money/platinum massively all in one go.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: