Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.5 Content Update (75561)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Was really looking forward to this to farm, but I can't afford to pay 2 plat per item unless it's a guaranteed pink, I'm sad PL has stooped so low

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    My BLOG closing comments: in the future STS should gather a group of individuals such as the guardians of Alterra or those who were awarded the founders' helm and run these new ideas past them. They have been here quite a while and understand what is good and bad about certain aspects of the game.

I recall a time where the developers actually listened to the community and wanted to find a happy medium. I understand that you cannot make everyone happy all the time, but with a 10+ page thread filled with 90% of complaints can you really say you made anyone happy?
    Glutt, I asked Sam on the chatbox if STS ran any of these ideas by a group of players before they did them during another recent blowup, and he said "yes. Those that come to our forums" I've said for a while this would be a nice idea (players to bounce ideas off), but in the end, I suspect that the problem is NOT that they really thought the community would embrace and love this idea, but that they'd make more money doing it this way.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

@Elyseon

Duh if I tried to get a refund on my computer that I purchased a year ago, would I get it? Duh of course not. Duh what happend in the past is over and done with. Duh what we need to decide is what to do going forward.

Player: these features suck and I hate them!
    STS: these features are optional and you don't have to buy them.
    Player: Oh, OK. (buys aother 1200 plats)

If we continue with this approach, we are screwed and we only have ourselves to blame. If you hate STS' "optional" features, then don't buy them. If enough people do this, STS will do things differently or they will fail -- just like any "normal" business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Its like taking candy from a baby...

Sts I have ignored everyone saying "sts is just greedy" until now. Remember I'm the one who made a thread asking everyone to show at least a little appreciation for the devs. Guess what? That thread got 0 comments. I wonder why?...I find it funny how you devs refuse to address this particular issue except the occasional "this is a business." I read just about every comment so far and I noticed a few people aplologized for their "rage comments." why? Because this is a good community full of good people.

Personally I was all ticked until I read lowly's apology. Why? Because I respect lowly. However, people like lowly are quitting. Your "good community" is deteriorating. If more people are quitting than joining, you guys are toast.

Ok, i asked myself "why would sts have the elixar end after the boss dies?" Because they are trying to regulate cs prices. It's politics really. You're the government and we're the people. You are stepping out of bounds. There are certain things the government should leave alone.

"This is a business." Run it like one. Judging by the comments here people are more than happy to pay platinum IF it is permanent access. You don't make money by losing customers. And no we don't want "everything free." We don't give a crap about free campaigns or priced campaigns. We simply want our moneys worth. 2 plat a run with a slight chance of a pink is not by any means our moneys worth.

I said it before and I'll say it again.

Hope governs everything.

If I have no hope of success will I do anything with my life? The answer is no. If I have no hope in a game without plat will I do anything in game? No. You constantly remove hope. What's left? Only hope I have is pvp. I would vouch that ALOT of people will hang in only for pvp. Why? Because plat hasn't changed pvp....yet.

If you're smart, quit being the almighty silent devs and address the community. Find out the core problem and fix it. Theres billions of ways to make money. You just opened up vanity pets, sheilds, and armor. For vanity helms theres plenty to choose from.Not so for other vanities... Add other vanities! Add rings etc. Etc.

Im not trying to stomp on your toes. Im trying to shake you hard enough so you will quit sleeping, wake up and get to work.

~MM

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mackjack View Post
    @Elyseon

Duh if I tried to get a refund on my computer that I purchased a year ago, would I get it? Duh of course not. Duh what happend in the past is over and done with. Duh what we need to decide is what to do going forward.

Player: these features suck and I hate them!
    STS: these features are optional and you don't have to buy them.
    Player: Oh, OK. (buys aother 1200 plats)

If we continue with this approach, we are screwed and we only have ourselves to blame. If you hate STS' "optional" features, then don't buy them. If enough people do this, STS will do things differently or they will fail -- just like any "normal" business.
    I purchased nothing physical from STS , exactly my point, furthermore there are warranties on computers for a year sometimes. No PL will keep making money as a minority buys and spends 2k plat a month, however that's what it will be elite chatacters. The great community will die

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Yup and make me very sad

To help STS out I thought I would post somemore plat ways for optional content

-when u get to the boss in a lvl of any campaign u either leave or pay 5 plat to fight boss
    -when u list item in cs it cost 1 plat
    -if u want to use world map to get around fast 5 plat (otherwise u walk)
    -if u get a pink item it costs 1 plat to actually receive it
    -potions only buyable with plat
    -to join or host a pvp game 5 plat
    -to private/guild/officer message 1 plat per message
    -1plat to add friends or accept friend requests
    -10 plat to join a guild
    -1plat everytime u access ur stash
    -1 plat to host any map
    -and finally 10 plat for each global message

I think if u implement all these u may be able to allow unlimited access to winter festival for 500 plat
    Last edited by Elyseon; 12-16-2011 at 02:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Me too :,(

@elyseon, wow too true my friend. Too true.
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 12-16-2011 at 03:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Im not so active in here forum but i have some things i seen on this year.. (try to get my point..not so good and pure english)

-Today i join in our great and mystical world, i dont see anyone our guild members (usualy 10-20 online)?!? maybe just my luck
    -I join balefort and look cs etc.. then i figure im alone in whole town and i look other balefort and there is one begger How many times you join empty town?!
    - walking different dungeons and every town someone says how sad this xmas is!

Ok now my main point:

I have my own busines and i know money talks and running servers and paying crew is expensive, BUT are you guys sure you make now more cash? IMO if dungeon cost about 30pl u make lots more cash this xmas and keep many players in game. I just think to get another packet 2k plat but this moment im not sure do i want to get 66lvl or xmas stuff. And before you can say max lvl not need plat...sure if you play ALOT. You see 50-56 was fun time and ppl honor 56 players. Nuri is fun too but way too easy to get elite so meaning "elite lvl" disapear. Then we get info that NEW AWESOME LVL CAP!!! WOHOOOO!!! ppl hardly get good stuff in nuri and then info MF coming push us to get fast elite lvl so we get that ugly shield. I hope you get my point, If i now get more plat and get 66lvl i think i see info that suprise suprise lvl cap rise again and all hard work to get sets turns worthles. I dont say you are greedy but anyone can see it own eyes. Think how happy times was 2010 and early 2011.. I dont care if dungeons cost plat but this "xmas spirit" smells like you want to milk our moneys fast as possible.

Sure we get free plat IF that tapjoy works and u can earn massive 10-20 plat. I look my stats and i spend some "k" plats and i like to buy more fun stuff etc. but why?? i just lost meaning on this game.. I dont blame only xmas.. IMO is you start hitting below belt after 56lvl.. dont take this wrong but thats just one player who feels like that and im customer service in my own work so i know that even 1 customer is important.

Saying how much you give us for free sounds fun becouse you never say how much we give back?! This whole STS is like baloon and noone us think you dont have enough money to run this.. How many "elite/veteran" plays and howmany newbies??? point is ppl come in and buy plat everyday, baloon get bigger and bigger...What if that baloon break?!

I think last month to give all to my guild and quit whole game...this is my last hope to get fun ingame back.. My guild laugh now becouse my luck...lmao after sewers i get 2 pinks but anyway thats not the point Lets say this is like a snowball, 1 left today and tomorrow that CAN be 10?!

Turn all dungeon cost plat or gold but dont ruin our fun in game and our xmas what we wait whole year

All good to your busines and i hope we can someday enjoy our game like before... merry xmas and better next year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@Marcoolio you just voiced my complete thoughts that I couldn't even attempt to express; in broken english. You sir, are amazing. I agree 100%!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Been thinking about this.... Lots......

It's clear many many people aren't happy, but what's the alternative for STS. Clearly they don't want to give Xmas2011 away for free so let's not post that as an option. But, realistically what is the best way for STS to maximise income AND retain as many happy customers as possible?

For example, the content is built and had a fixed cost to make, let's also assume current reoccurring costs are covered with existing streams (elixiers, etc). So I'm thinking they would want to make as much money/profit as possible to pay for it and also have a scalable revenue stream also. Something like a fixed fee and a range of optional extras.

So why not have a chargeable flat entry fee to access a map/area, but have optional extras which are purchasable?
    Eg 150 runs currently = 100plat. A 30plat entrance to an Xmas area = 5 people required to match the income. People could choose to participate or not. Then they could sell extras like special Xmas elixiers giving double drop, access to extra secret areas with higher/better drops, special Xmas decorations for guild halls, we could go on. I'm thinking they would make more and build a happier customer base? Right or wrong?

I think what I am trying to say maybe we should be posting recommendation/suggestions/alternatives that are feasible.

My personal view is STS have missed a trick here. I would have liked to have seen them try to maximise the number of players taking part and then charge for extras rather than adopt a pay as you play model as many players will now only dip in rather than fully embrace Xmas 2011.

I think Xmas 2011 will not be remembered as fondly as Xmas 2010, and it's my memories of my good times that keep me wanting more. (and also is advertising for the whole year about how good it was or wasn't)

Any one else have ideas how STS could maximise profit AND player participation/satisfaction?
    Last edited by Redbridge; 12-16-2011 at 04:38 AM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i thank devs for making new items, i like the look of the new duckfoot^^

the pay to play option for this map must be very frutstrating for all kids wich just wanted to enjoy the winter map but cant buy plat. iam sorry for them :/

seen from the merchandising side i like it so bcz. the items are already down in worth, so they will keep some speciality and there wont be arount thousands of them making them worthless like the halloween ones.

iam recomanding to use the 100% luck pot to farm it, all purple drops will turn into pink, so almost every run is pink!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I have been playing since the day this game came out, and I have never been this disappointed. I completely understand that STS is a business and they need to get money, but surely there is other ways to generate profit, is there not? JustG, I know we got Mount Fang, Nuri's Hallows, and Balefort Sewers all for free but these campaigns were of poor standard. We saw reused mobs, sounds, bosses, gear and map design, maybe since the campaigns are free there was little effort involved in the development? Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is why should this holiday campaign be any different price-wise to the campaigns above? They both have reused content :/
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Slush For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

First of all thank you for the new load screen. Love it!

Now Xmas... I think for the majority of players this Xmas event is a great deal. You pay 4 plat (you can easily earn with tapjoy) and get two vanity hats, an awesome vanity armor and two random Xmas drops. I bet most ppl don't care much if their funny looking candle wands are green or pink. So I assume most players are really happy with the update.
    Even merchants with 1000 last year Xmas items in their stash should be happy about the new gear. 2010 item will skyrocket now - and I think the new items are a reaction to this year's Halloween rage.

But for me as a non merching mass consumer the pay per run model is just to expensive to spend much time. I spent some plat plat for dotd, vanity packs, entry and luck elixirs. My level 10 has a pink wand and bracer now and I had some pink and purple bycatch. But I think I wont do the same for my 15s and 20s - it's just not fun enough. The plat entry makes things so very serious - in pugs everyone rushes the boss no matter where the rest of the team is to make sure to leave map with a drop. So password protected small group runs it is. And ending up paying 2 plat to solo a map isn't my idea of jolly Xmas fun Oo

So thank you for the town decoration, new drops, new and old vanities. I like the holiday content but I wont spend as much time with it as I thought I would.

Edit: Just an idea... Just like the free daily elixir how about 1 free boss kill in each map a day? This way everyone could get some Xmas experience
    Last edited by Ruby!!!; 12-16-2011 at 05:05 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    What happened STS, what happened?
    i get the feeling that either the devs are impersonating the grinch... or that costs are going up.

think about it. how many more players do we have this year? how much pressure are the servers on nowadays? how well is the (US) economy doing? while I am in no way going to pay 2 plat for a sing e boss kill, i do understand that money is a necessity. STS has simply gotten too good at it.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby!!! View Post
    Just an idea... Just like the free daily elixir how about 1 free boss kill in each map a day? This way everyone could get some Xmas experience
    Nice idea, even just once per account or toon would allow people to at least participate in a small way.

sweet idea.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Everything cost money and i agree that, my point is not that we have to get all free. There is just better ways to make this busines working, like how many $$ sts makes to give us pets, hats, and all other fun stuff.. I also agree that halloween is bad mistake and all stuff is worthless..

I dont and many of us dosent hate you guys...the way you make ur payment is not right imo. I was happy to buy plat and spend it all kind of stuff if bored to use elix.

Maybe this all take bigger number what it really is, but world is tricy place to live nowdays and truth is in real life, if i have happy customer he/she told friends but if i get mad customer he/she talks everyone and everywhere.

Its fair to earn payment all hard work but there is many many ways to get it and keep customers happy.. Well anyway do what u ever do someone not like it and we just have to handle that. This makes good cs prices and i just buy lvl20 duckfeet just becouse that looks so awesome

Maybe this is sts best way to do this and they think this alot...never know...we are just humans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

all i can say would make me banded for reason of trolling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I have a feeling STS will be visited by three ghosts.., anyway since my thread was locked I will posts suggestion here- Christmas eve and Christmas day free runs!!! otherwise I just wont be participating...so sad really. This has opened my eyes a little-I think today I will go to Good-Will and give away any unused clothes and toys. And I will definately take my plat buying money and go put it in Salvation Army Cans- They need it more!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have not looked at the holiday content yet. I only use plat I get from the free plat offers and I used most of that buying maps before they were all free. What I would like to see is for you to have a choice, 2 plat for a set amount of time (maybe an hour), not 1 run or say 50(?) plat for total access until the event is over. Then people like me who don't buy plat can get 4 or free plat and get a taste and people who buy plat and love content like this can buy the unlimited access and enjoy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    To begin with, I'm gonna have to say that I'm disappointed at the way that this has gone.

I wrote a long and lengthy post that was for the most part, well received. This is the type of thing that should be avoided. It worsens perceptions that STS has become too plat intensive to play.

Don't charge for runs.

My recommendation?

Tomorrow, release a patch so that runs are free. Charge for access if necessary - a 1 time fee and leave it at that.

Edit:
    You also seem to have a PR disaster brewing, so it would be advisable to address it - maybe refund plat for those that have paid?
    Personally speaking, it may alrady be too late. My love affair with PL had been slowly, steadily eroding and when they released the xp anywhere elixirs, that took the cake. Now this... It's like they continue to pound nails in to the coffin. All I can say is, there are alternatives and, sometimes, the grass truly is greener on the other side...
    Last edited by Decur; 12-16-2011 at 09:21 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Decur For This Useful Post: