Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.5 Content Update (75561)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

One more thing has anyone noticed that since the demand on the new level any where elixers have been put out, they are not 1 platinum they are 5? Sorry maybe i missed a thread about this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post

And then three times, I bought my way in to Winter Village, only to have an unnamed 66 with a 4x elixir blow past me to the boss, and kill him solo...leaving me and the three others unable to catch up and screwed.

Seriously, STS. What were you thinking?
    x4 elixir slam aside, that sucks and should NOT happen!

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ok, without adding huge quotes: I agree with duped, mooger, and elly. Most of my friends buzz with the same in-game. Been playing for along time myself and have put alot of my husband's hard-earned reallife money to enjoy it all (Shh... Don't tell him). Mostly without regret. This over plating everything may be Spacetime's undoing. Seeing gamers I have played with and followed for so long becoming disheartened, well, its sad. I really like the sled. I would not regret spending 30 plat so much if I had gotten the gingerpet. A great daily special would be a vanity Santa face. I didn't get one last year and they are so cute. STS, please consider what your customers are telling you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

How about if you increase the drop rate? It would assure people that they will eventually get a sweet pink. It will increase the number of items in the game and therefore lower the prices in CS. That, in my opinion, could justify the "per run" cost: a reasonable expectation of a purple or pink after, say, 5 runs (20 plat). Then the ones who farm using plat will sell them to those who can't buy plat.

Regarding the "level 66 on 4X elixir" rushing past the others, make a respawning boss or a multi-tiered approach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Hmm i wouldnt say increased drop rate but definately at least an hout pass would be great!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I might go through once just to see the sights, but it's nothing I feel like getting passionate about. In fact, I'm surprised I haven't heard the collectors cheering (maybe I haven't read enough...) Yes, this is lamentable, especially for those of whom this is their first PL Christmas. I'm a casual player so I'm glad I don't need this mess to still have fun in PL Maybe STS could publish some sort of growth chart so we can understand their tactics???

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roc View Post
    I might go through once just to see the sights, but it's nothing I feel like getting passionate about. In fact, I'm surprised I haven't heard the collectors cheering (maybe I haven't read enough...) Yes, this is lamentable, especially for those of whom this is their first PL Christmas. I'm a casual player so I'm glad I don't need this mess to still have fun in PL Maybe STS could publish some sort of growth chart so we can understand their tactics???
    I think there are now 36 employees, and I bet many are parents. That's a LOT of mouths to feed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Just another thought? Are there any other plat purchasable items which are tradeable?

I'm defining these items as plat purchasable as the 2plat ticket lasts until the boss is dead, by which time you'd have hoped to have gotten a drop, provided someone else hasnt already spoilt it for ya.

Money talks, it seems.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #169
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Folks, I understand you are passionate about what is going on, but rage posts will be deleted.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

In my honest opinion I say you guys make all new accounts (set date-forever) pay for the main spine and keep all exsisting players with the spine already released. Make all upcoming campaigns cost plat not outrageously high, but a fair amount of platinum. Stop working on Dark Legends and delay it on out later... Why? I feel as if you just came out with star legends and your already on your way with a new game, so push it out further as I only see the same mistakes being made on that game aswell. Time to clean up the games we have available to us now. People are unhappy we need to fix this. And yes this 2 plat per instance needs to go as it doesnt help your income, but hurts it more than helps. And why couldnt you guys just set a 10-20 plat price to have unlimited runs as all I see nowadays is people running around with elixirs? You would make more money if you just left it as it was.
    -Pocket Legends ~ DJMdivine - Level 74 Full Dex Bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Folks, I understand you are passionate about what is going on, but rage posts will be deleted.

Merry Christmas G! I haven't seen you posting much lately...Have you been busy or something?

P.S-Where is Cinco I miss talking to him.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cascade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

See... As PL and SL get more famous, publicity, and more people playing, the more the prices increases in game products basically.
    <Pocket Legends: Angelsofdeath level 65; Luvmmorpg level 10>
    <Star Legends: Luvmmorpg level 18>
    <Dark Legends: Luvmmorpg level 13>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Do we still get plat for liking PL and SL before this happened? or do we not get any?

PL-Mageulous, Fyscikal, Affluential, Lifetech, Foxtastic
    AL-Mageulous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Alright I have calmed down now. First of all I would like to apologize for my rage posts, I understand you guys are getting a lot of them right now and are probly rushing all over the place at spacetime figuring out what to do.

My main issue with this whole debacle is not the 2 plat for entry, I just dont like the fact that the 4 hours we are supposed to have essentially gets voided because of a boss kill. I can tell you that is the MAIN reason everyone is raging, im certain everybody can agree with me when I say if the boss kill didn't void our 4 hours we really wouldn't mind paying the 2 plat, at least I know I wouldn't.

Just getting rid of the boss kill part will make everybody happy and we can all go about farming and live out the rest of this event peacefully. We never wanted this event for free, in fact none of us expected it to be. We really wouldn't mind paying a little plat for it we just want to be able to enjoy the content we are getting for that plat.

I hope this post isn't taken as rage because it is not intended that way.

EDIT: oh and assuming the whole "boss kill" thing is taken care of this will be my coming-out-of-retirement post.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default hmm

No Whirlzap, it is not. We've decorated the entire land. We give away a free antler hat. Last month we gave away Mt. Fang. We just gave away four chromebooks and several 800 plat packages. We're trying to balance out a good business with a game that, for some reason, people feel entitled to get _everything_ for free in.
    I will try to write my post in a more concise and less "rage" way. Hopefully this one doesn't get deleted.

Of all the things that I read this particular quote did offend me a bit. Here is why:

1. The players that are on here complaining are for the most part, people who spend plat on the game. Some of us are probably some of the biggest supporters of the game. Saying we feel entitled get everything for free is kind of harsh. We support the game and spend real money on things like elixirs to enjoy the content. The problem we have is that the cost to enjoyment ratio is very bad with the new content and we are upset that its being defended so adamantly.

2. I feel that saying you gave us Mt. Fang for free is a bit incorrect. STS has decided to change the business model of PL by making the content for free. This is to make the game more appealing and get more people interested. Kinda like how one of the other big MMOs is "free to level 20" to get your foot in the door. The reason I say that Mt. Fang free is backwards... is because under this new model... it really works more like this:
    -STS releases new content and we the players rewarded STS by buying hordes of elixirs and other spending plat on crafting etc. So holding the release of Mt. Fang over us as some gift seems insincere. I spent easily $50-100 on Mt. Fang despite it being free.

3. I have decided to remove my rants about the plat packs and chrome book

I guess the part that is most upsetting about all of this is that it makes me want to quit. And I love playing PL. I just don't like feeling taken advantage of. If this was a restaurant, I would stop eating here. The problem is the food is so good and the other restaurants suck. So here I am. I just feel like a lot of the players who have been active on the forums and posting here feel the same way.

My last post wasn't constructive.... so maybe something about what could "patch" this up.

How about its 2 plat for an hour or something. Or 15 plat for four hours or something. I know that more people would be willing to enjoy the content. But kicking us out at one boss is just too short, especially with the issue of joining an instance already at the boss or having someone else kill the boss before you get there. It would really hurt to spend the time doing TapJoy to finally get in a holiday map and have the boss die because everyone else is already at the boss.

I think that these suggestions are fair and reasonable, especially because the entire content is not original. The items are semi-original and the maps are the same. I didn't complain about Halloweens pricing, but Xmas is really breaking the bank.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ixillicus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I really like the new loading screen (:
    Me too! I was like....SWEET!!!

Tapatalk'd from my EH03 SuperClean Fascinate
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Once the boss is killed your access goes away. To those of you who don't think it is fair that we are charging access, please understand that we are running a business. We give away almost the entire game for free (including some xmas antlers). You have ways to earn platinum without paying us anything. Salaries and servers don't run on gold... we wish they did!

And for those of you who are enjoying the snowy land of Alterra... HAPPY HOLIDAYS from Spacetime!
    So neither the purchase OR the update notes said anything about a time limit or number of runs.

Ok the same maps and creatures as last year, that means you put little effort into it this year. Just a excuse to charge us for work u did last year. I paid for this content last year..

Look this really just makes you look greedy. This code already existed, you just changed the loot tables. You turn it back on, and then put a time limit AND a 'one and done' in ...ALL without even telling your users how its going to work this time?

Look, if you need people to buy plat more, you are doing things all wrong.

please just consider what other popular mmos do.
    Let people buy and sell things in market for plat.
    Let people sell plat in market for gold.
    And i say this next one withevery intention of being constructive......
    Get the crap our if the plat store abd sell something worth buying.
    Rings are good, buy since they stop at 20 you only ever buy 1, make more every 5 levels.
    You weapons and armor are laughable.. they dont even compare to game drops 10 levels lower...
    Put more OPTIONAL things ito the market that you cannot get elseware..Like adding procs to weapons, weapons, armor comparible, more vanity that has cool graphics , things people can do TO their gear..to compliment it.. etc.

Theirs tons of stuff you can do to promote people buying plat, these things work in other games. Dont hurt your players.

One more example.. in parallel kingdom food is their equivilant to plat. You need it to do lots of things..level up, run dungeons, buy on market,buy special holiday items, etc... i had 1000s of food..but i never paid for any if it..but someone paid for it. Food is bought by brokers and sold in game. Point is they are making their money BECAUSE its a integrated tradable commodity, so people broker it. That gets it in circulation. 90% of you players will not buy plat from you, but the 10% that do willp ay you much more than you 100% now.. because of higer demand demand, and better stuff to buy.

TBH you have a better game. They lack graphics, grouping, compleity, diversity.... you lack their their pay to play integration.
    Last edited by derricks2; 12-15-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    Longshire - 50 Dex Bird
    Twinkerhell - 20 Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I don't mind paying for the access IF IT WOULD STAY. Four hours is plenty of time to complete the quests. Please STS, we understand you are a business. We like supporting you, but we are not made of money to keep charging plat, and some people have to rely on Tapjoy. We would just like to get the full time out of the access. Having to pay each time the boss is killed is too much.

Please.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

22. The Following User Says Thank You to bronislav84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

i understand you guys need to make money. thats fine. i was more than willing to pay for the winter festival. heck, i was even fine with spending 20 plat.. but to have to spend it every time you want to beat the boss? D: kind of makes me sad. having a hard time with irl money as it is haha. i was hoping it'd be like last year when people only had to spend 10 plat for unlimited access or like the halloween event where if you wanted to play it again you'd spend 1k to enter... something like that ya know

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by urquidez View Post
    Is it just me or does better loot drop on Google Chrome then on the Phone?
    Was playing on phone got greens
    Then switched to Chrome & got alot of purples & 1 Pink
    It's just you .