Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.5 Content Update (75561)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Decur View Post
    Personally speaking, it may alrady be too late. My love affair with PL had been slowly, steadily eroding and when they released the xp anywhere elixirs, that took the cake. Now this... It's like they continue to pound nails in to the coffin. All I can say is, there are alternative and, sometimes, the grass truly is greener on the other side...
    mine too my luv affair is over aswell two ways to look at this i dont buy any more plat now or i finely get my life back cuz i will not play anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

if its 2 plat a map lol why not a new winter map each time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    ...Any one else have ideas how STS could maximise profit AND player participation/satisfaction?
    I have a lot of ideas but I am only one small person.

Regular content updates:

The big problem with the regular content updates is related to a number of things I think...

1. The end game gear. This is one of the driving factors in the game and why people want to reach end game. Unfortunately, with the extremely low drop rate and the short time of campaigns, it is almost impossible for a casual->hardcore player to loot/buy the gear that they want. Let alone if they have multiple toons. The possible solutions here are to either extend the campaign period or increase the drops rates significantly.

2. The elite level cap vanities. For me, this is the biggest pet peave and I've created a thread about it here. Without pumping money into elixirs it is almost impossible to get 3 toons to the level cap. And I play 1 to 2 hours a day (I think this is a LOT for most people). If it were possible to stash these items it would not be as important to me to grind to the cap. I could actually enjoy the campaign and do some farming. This isn't about buying plat. Because honestly, it doesn't drive me that direction. What it does is make me lose interest. There is not really an argument that has been made that I think is valid against being able to stash these items EXCEPT to try to force people to grind to the cap multiple times. And of course, this will drastically effect point 1 I made above. My suggestion here is to make these items stashable so people can use them on multiple characters.

3. There are many other ways to create new content and keep people interested than by increasing the level cap. Yes, you may lose some cash flow with a decrease in the number of Pwnage elixirs, but its not like people will stop using them. Many examples have already been suggested including: elite dungeons ala Shadow Caves, Cyber style quests from AO3, or more events in PL that do not have to be holiday related.

4. As other people have pointed out, its is also possible to add more vanity gear. Since I've started PL over a year ago I still see the same vanity gear in the plat store. With the exception of some campaign items. The pets feature was a GREAT idea. I, unfortunately, have just not been interested in what has been available to date. More creativity in this area can go a long way.

5. Finally, the general migration to an elixir run community has been a little disheartening. I myself have made several plat purchases (a couple 800, a 2000, and several smaller packs). Initially, these purchases were made for buying new campaigns or vanity gear. Now, they have really become a part or everyday play in the elixir era. This I think is unfortunate. Plat can be used to customize a number of different things. The problem is when it really affects the main content of the game and when it creates a fracture in the community. I understand STS needs to make money. But again, there are other ways to do it.

Take for example the Holiday content. I am fine paying 2 or 5 plat for 4 hours. If it is indeed 4 hours and not "4 hours or until you kill the boss in 5 minutes". I'm sure STS will make more plat from some this way, but as you can see it is becoming the fly that broke the camels back for a lot of people. I'm not sure if an analysis was done to determine what the income vs satisfaction would be when you compare for instance a flat entry fee vs per entry fee.

Sorry for the long message. If nobody reads it I would completely understand
    Last edited by Rare; 12-16-2011 at 09:25 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Decur View Post
    Personally speaking, it may alrady be too late. My love affair with PL had been slowly, steadily eroding and when they released the xp anywhere elixirs, that took the cake. Now this... It's like they continue to pound nails in to the coffin. All I can say is, there are alternative and, sometimes, the grass truly is greener on the other side...
    Nooooooooooo!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rosybuds View Post
    Never got Finished !!! As I was saying I'm Now Stuck with a Quest I can't Finish Unless I Pay Another 2Plat Because of Greedy Peeps Going Straight to Boss !! I know This is Not P/Ls Fault But Surely if I Can't get quest Finished I Shud get Free Access to Do So, That's Why I payed Plat for in the First Place !!! Apart from That I'm ok with winter festival if u want to keep Paying it's up to each Player, And if your going in their Farming Then Don't Ruin it For Everyone Else By Going Straight to Boss.. I Really Hope you look into this P/L As it Definetly Not Right And A Complete Waste of Plat... I'm Really Pissed at This !!!
    I don't think this is the case. You should be able to go back to the map without paying as long as you weren't in the room where the boss was. At least this is what I thought to be the case. I was in the same boat as you. Also, just as a note, you can continue with your quest even after the boss is killed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Hey PL can u add a tin beggars cup shield for us** poor folks?
    Last edited by Elyseon; 12-16-2011 at 10:36 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I was able to stay in elf town last night, when I zoned others were killing the boss. I didn't press exit button and was able to stay and collect my tied up guys .. but at 2 plat per, I won't be able to do another :-(
    I'm normally one of the few who defend STS Devs in these cases, but this time I'm with the masses ... Boycotting winter town ... Sadly!!
    -- Act and you will have dinner, do nothing and you will BE dinner - Gowron, Klingon High Council--

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

2 plat each run?
    Really?
    Why?
    It's Christmas!!!
    I get it already that u r running business and stuff like that but the chance to earn free plat! I don't think that's an excuse because u can only earn 1 plat (sometimes more) per offer and there r like 1 or 2 new offers a day= 1 Xmas run every day for those who can't or don't want to BUY plat.
    I'm just saying what I'm thinking and I bet that some other users would agree with me.

So pls STS do something about it
    PL: 74 super-tank xcruxcher
    SL: 47 xcrusherx
    BD : crusher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Resolved
    Last edited by adidaman; 12-16-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adidaman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Hey PL can u add a tin beggars cup shield for u poor folks?
    Actually, some of us just don't have daddy's money to spend. Some of us actually have families to support, and have an income that we have to save. I find it disgusting that they're letting you be an ambassador for the new players, when you can't even use proper grammar. Go max out daddy's credit card
    Oh sry that was supposed to say 'us' definately meant to include me. Sry I will fix that now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post

Oh sry that was supposed to say 'us' definately meant to include me. Sry I will fix that now
    Sorry. I'll edit my post in that case. I'm just very heated on that subject. Sorry for the misunderstanding

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

to quote the poet uncle scrooge baaaaaa baaaa humbug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thank you STS for giving us some new toys and nice decorations! From a merching aspect, I like that the Winter gear will not be as abundant as the Halloween gear, and will retain some value.
    I feel for those who cannot afford to spend on plat, and am questioning how much I'm willing to put into this game. But like it or not, STS's current business model depends on charging for premium content, and they are still trying to figure out the optimal way to make money while keeping customers happy. Hopefully they'll take all of these complaints and come up with a compromise that makes them money while providing more perceived value to the players for future events. I personally don't mind the per run model. 2 plat just feels like a lot. I'd feel like I was getting more value at 1 plat per run or the ability to buy access for a period of time.

Rubikin | Lv 75 Enchantress
    Officer of Eclipse

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

The force of delete is strong in this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Are any devs even reading this? Because i think no one is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well i think this is not really nice from devs , but dont forget they brought this cool game to us.....
    so be grateful they are doing amazing job....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imacoolbirdd View Post
    With the speed that posts are deleted and a certain poster banned? Yeah, the devs are reading this thread.

It remains to be seen if they'll take all the complaints seriously and actually do something about them. Frankly, I dont have any high hopes of that happening at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imacoolbirdd View Post
    I'm sure they are reading, but unless there is a change of heart, I think the answer they gave is basically the response (see JustG on page 2 or 3?). I've continued to read every post, because I'm hoping there is a different response.

Also @Red, the solution has been given IMO, the solution that has got STS to where it is today, a flat fee for unlimited access. My old fishing buddy always said "Dance with the one that brung ya." Doesn't seem so hard.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    How much on average are we expecting the players to spend? This free game is starting to cost more than a XBOX360 game every 2 weeks...
    Ikr I might b new to the forums but not to the game, I could of bought 3 ps3 & 3 xbox360s with what ive spent on platnium..ughhhhhh.
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"