Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.5 Content Update (75561)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    +1...
    i raged so hard after i killed the boss and i found out i have to pay 2 plat for EACH ITEM!!! seriously.. im thinking of quitting.
    You're not alone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Can somebody say the Grinch Stole Christmas? I know I can.

Let me just get this straight about what we have.

You promised us new items, that is correct. Wait, wut? ALL of the items cost platinum in one way or another?

You promised us new content. Wait, wut? New content is the SAME map from last year with winter festival items that have new looks but the same stats? Allrighty...

Let me calculate how long it will take me to farm items I want efficiently: Parenthesis stand for multiplication.

(2P for 1 time access)(20 platinum for Shamrock Elixir to farm efficiently)(Roughly 5 runs in an hour?) So, this campaign can cost me anywhere from 10-50 platinum per hour? This is an all time low.

I'm not sure if you guys realize, but MANY of the players of both SL and PL are at our last nerves for how expensive the game has gotten. I'm starting to see myself as a dollar value rather than a customer.

I'm fine with paying for vanity packs. Paying per instance is crossing the line though and shows the greed I've been trying to deny for a while now.

Thank you all for the wonderful Christmas and act of gift giving y'all have so spectacularly shown.

[Copied and pasted from the original thread]
    Very well said.

But hey, nothing beats the 100 plat per hour of Thrasher + 12x XP-anywhere elixir

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

i have no problem paying 2 plat for a 30min+ elixir that will actually stay with me.

Thank you for the new items btw, STS.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Wow thats disappointing...2 plat for 4 hrs of access im really disappointed its like all you guys want is for people to buy plat all the time now its getting rediculous... Just sayin bad move too bad its not like last year where it was 5 plat for WHOLE access ANYTIME cause there was awesome quests now its just bs and idc if im ranting im tired of you guys bringning down content and saying its because were a buisness well im just about to actually stop playing because if this
    Last edited by razerfingers; 12-15-2011 at 02:50 PM.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Yay winter festivel is fun for those with tons of plat...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Wow thats disappointing...2 plat for 4 hrs of access im really disappointed its like all you guys want is for people to buy plat all the time now its getting rediculous... Just sayin
    its not for 4 hours. its 2 platinum for each run.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick41324 For This Useful Post:

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We don't want people to buy plat all the time (well, we do but we don't think that is realistic).

We are running a business. We have given you a game that you can play all day, every day, for free. We have to make money somehow or we won't be able to provide this service for you.

The Holiday Content is elective. It is extra stuff. You can earn plat through TapJoy if you don't want to buy it, but it costs us money to run the game, and we have to make money to continue to do so.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We don't want people to buy plat all the time (well, we do but we don't think that is realistic).

We are running a business. We have given you a game that you can play all day, every day, for free. We have to make money somehow or we won't be able to provide this service for you.

The Holiday Content is elective. It is extra stuff. You can earn plat through TapJoy if you don't want to buy it, but it costs us money to run the game, and we have to make money to continue to do so.
    With tRhis current marketing technique, I would much rather pony up for a subscription based service.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ive been running fang a lot and judging the amount of people on thrasher or some sort of plat lix, you guys make well enough money to keep the servers running. The winter fest isnt "new", reused background and items, most money id think goes in development, not upkeep of servers. But its true you have to make profit. if this is the way sts is intending on making that profit though, i doubt its loyal fanbase is going to appreciate it, and keep it profitable:/

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ikke_Tom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

I was just about to go out and buy a 50$ itunes card to buy tons of xmas content, but becasuse of the outragous cost to just get items... you will be losing money from me.
    TONS of people are upset and quite frustrated at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's a sad day in the PL world. Sounds like greed is taking over.

Saving princesses from castles since 1983

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Understood and appreciated, but this is different then ANYTHING STS has done so far. Plat per access has an awful feel to it, and even if the amount of actual money is negligible, clicking 'yes, charge me' so many times is just hard for anyone to swallow. There has to be a solution to this that is commercially viable to STS and less 'intrusive' to the user. Possibilities would be a 'enter area elixir' for x amount of platinum that would be time based and not one run, or perhaps even a 'christmas pack' where you could get say 10 entries for 15 plat (could even make these guild only purchases).

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

((::

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Now this is just crazy! I might consider getting two plat to access the map when ever i want to but 2 plat per run? No way.
    KILL THEM!.... Sorry what were we doing again?

GET HIM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Once the boss is killed your access goes away. To those of you who don't think it is fair that we are charging access, please understand that we are running a business. We give away almost the entire game for free (including some xmas antlers). You have ways to earn platinum without paying us anything. Salaries and servers don't run on gold... we wish they did!

And for those of you who are enjoying the snowy land of Alterra... HAPPY HOLIDAYS from Spacetime!
    Oh my..
    I sort of expected this.

So, I guess Christmas is now for people who pay. No more Christmas at all for me. I thought this was supposed to be fun...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whirlzap For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg:512680

I dont think its the right move justg also no point in closing my thread i cant have my own discussion? Kinda lame and most people dont open these comtent update things so just wow and i was gonna buy some plat but yet again dont see it anytime soon so you lost me just sayin...

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Devs, please rethink this. We all LOVE the game and appreciate all of the hard work, time, energy, creativity, and spirit that goes into it. But this (2 plat per jaunt) does not follow with the spirit of the game so far - or the holidays! We have all been looking forward to this for a long time, I personally joined around January 7th of this year and have been kicking myself all year that I didnt find the game two weeks sooner. I am not shy to spend plat - I constantly run Thrasher on my Main, and immediately bought the holiday item pack - but this 'pay per view' business really punches us in the gut. Perhaps you can consider a one time charge? Or add a 'season pass' for say, 20-30 plat?

I am confident that this will be addressed in a way that makes everyone a lot happier. After all, look how great the global refresh sitch turned out!

Merry Xmas everybody =)
    PL: Disko <Eclipse> | AL: Disko | BD: Disko <Exodus>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrainJr View Post
    Really? 2 plat everytime we beat winter boss?
    Ya this is really saddening. STS' ensuing greed is getting out of control
    Why not just charge 10plat for unlimited access.
    2 plat every time sucks, especially when u zone in & there's only 1 common mob.
    STS made a perfect plat sink hole this time.
    Congratulations!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Heh

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

It seems to me that they dont care about how many people leave or get mad