Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.5 Content Update (75561)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Washing my hands of you

I have met many people of your caliber and will do what I have done in the past, ignore them as they are non-factors. I never said you shouldn't post but was questioning with whom you are continuing this discourse.

I have not been the only one to tell you that you twist words and stack the deck to support your "points/arguments."

I have not been the only one to tell you that your posts and feedback monopolize any discussion or thread in which you are involved. Apparently, you have such a grandiose opinion of yourself that you have taken none of the constructive criticism to heart. So I will do what so many are already doing, just not read your posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce:531822
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    I'm thinking a lot of businesses should develop some sort of pass - like a monthly pass...
    About the 'pass', it's called 'gift cards' Billions of dollars are spent each year on merchant-specific gift cards. You can spend that 'money' only at those merchants.

Just had to say... you're right. It's being done already. STS did not lead.
    Hey!

Fyrce, I'm not sure what you're thinking, but montly passes and gift cards are way, way, way two different things. They have nothing to do with each other.

STS doesn't have a gift card. I don't think Android has a gift card. If a player is using iOS, they can use an I-tunes gift card to buy plat.

But, an I-tunes gift card is not some sort of monthly pass.

Both, Starbucks and McDonalds have gift cards. You can go to McDonalds and give them $20 and they'll give you a gift card. Then you can give that to someone as a gift or keep it for yourself to use. But, in no way, is it some sort of monthly pass.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kallima:531395
    I basically said same in a fun, light hearted way and we get yet another longvwinded reply. Do you just love to hear yourself talk?*

Brevity is a virtue.
    You said you wanted fun and lighthearted, so I gave you bit o' fun and light heartedness.

Yeah, a few people have complained on the length of my posts. In my over 300 posts, I think that someone has complained 3 or 4 times. Every time they did, I showed them that they were wrong. For example:

1. In the last HALF of just THIS thread.

2. There are 16 posts longer than mine.

3. About half of those 16 are twice as long as mine.

4. Kalima, you made a post in this thread that is longer than mine.

5. In fact, Kalima, your post in twice as long as mine.

6. I have screen shots of all these posts.

The following is the opening paragraph of the post that you made that is 2x longer than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by kallima:515128
    I have not been able to post my feedback as I was limited to only mobile devices and knew my feedback would be rather long-winded. So forgive the delay as the point seems pretty moot now.
    If I seem to be a bit stern in this post, I am sorry, but it is getting bit tiresome to be attacked by someone who is critisizing me for something they are worse at.

Frankly, a lot of short posts are just someone agreeing with someone else. While, I have no problem with that, sometimes it takes a while to say what you are trying to say. In fact, many short posts are just someone sucking up to someone else. Which, I got no problem with but you can't file that under the heading 'Something Wonderful', you can only file that under the heading 'Something Acceptable'.

Your post was twice as long as mine. It is obvious, the only reason you are complaing about mine is because I was disagreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by kallima:531646
    I have not been the only one to tell you that you twist words and stack the deck to support your "points/arguments."
    Quote Originally Posted by kallima:515128
    If I'm incorrect in any of my two previous points, please quote them or direct me to the link
    No one has told me that I twist words or stack the deck. Just as you said above, please back that up in the form of quotes or links. You can't cuz it didn't happen. It is not possible to show me even one example of me twisting anybody's words around. Because it never happened.

I'm not sure that you even know what 'stack the deck' means.

It is so hilarious when people get mad because someone else had a better idea: For example:

Guy A has an idea and three points of logic to back up that idea.

Guy B has 12 points of logic that shows that Guy A's idea was, well, kinda gooftastic.

Guy A gets all mad.

It's not Guy B's fault if Guy A's idea wasn't too logical.

Don't get mad. Just come up with better ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by kallima:531646
    I have not been the only one to tell you that your posts and feedback monopolize any discussion or thread in which you are involved. Apparently, you have such a grandiose opinion of yourself that you have taken none of the constructive criticism to heart. So I will do what so many are already doing, just not read your posts.
    This is another example of someone attacking me for something that I'm not even doing at all. And that they do very frequently.

When I post some ideas, I welcome critisism and discussion. There are a few people on this board, for example, the ring leaders of rage fest, who fly into rages when someone disagrees with them. They believe that they have such a grandiose opinion of themselves and ideas that they feel they are untouchable. That no one should have the right to disagree with them.

If someone's ideas are so frail that they would shatter at the least bit of scrutiny, but they want the devs to hear the idea, they shouldn't post 'em on the board. they should just PM a dev with the idea. Why? Because the purpose of this forum (read the first 3 paragraphas of the forum rules) is to foster open and free discussion.

If someone thinks their ideas are too precious for open debate, don't post them, PM them.
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Fortunately, today the WF closes and in its place, there will be pay-to-play Boss Brawls. With any luck this will make the boss brawl population decrease to almost nothing, then they will get deleted to make room for awesome future content.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 01-09-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

You said you wanted fun and lighthearted, so I gave you bit o' fun and light heartedness.

Yeah, a few people have complained on the length of my posts. In my over 300 posts, I think that someone has complained 3 or 4 times. Every time they did, I showed them that they were wrong. For example:

1. In the last HALF of just THIS thread.
    2. There are 16 posts longer than mine.
    3. About half of those 16 are twice as long as mine.
    4. Kalima, you made a post in this thread that is longer than mine.
    5. In fact, Kalima, your post in twice as long as mine.
    6. I have screen shots of all these posts.
    The following is the opening paragraph of the post that you made that is 2x longer than mine.
    A few words are always stronger then many, if they have good relevance.

As for this topic, the winter festival passed and the only feedback that should be given is suggestions for next years festival in the suggestions forums. Aikiebo, if you wish to continue your debate with the engaged players, please do so through private message, such forum clutter is unnecessary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Fortunately, today the WF closes and in its place, there will be pay-to-play Boss Brawls. With any luck this will make the boss brawl population decrease to almost nothing, then they will get deleted to make room for awesome future content.
    My question is what are they going to do about people who payed for levels that included boss brawls (swamps, skeller returns, etc.) before they made the main spine free. We have already paid for this content, do we then have to pay to use the content we already paid to get?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default @ Aikiebo

The only reason I will respond is because you attacked my character. As I stated earlier in this thread if you want to continue a personal debate PM me, and we can continue ad infinitum.

1. Quote me where I said or implied "do NOT post your ideas." To me, WF is a dead horse, it was Jan 5th, the devs obviously were not going to change anything so why beat it? I actually even handed over my figurative "beat stick." I did NOT engage in any discourse with you so why was I quoted in your dissertation of a reply? AGAIN, I only asked "with whom are you having this discourse"; YOU quoted ME so of course I was wondering why you are continuing a convo with me. That ONE question AGAIN, triggered a novella of a reoly.

2. I had ONE post longer than your AVERAGE post, my long posts are less than 10% of my total post count, I doubt you can say same. Not ONE person has complailned on the length of any of my posts. My issue is not that your opinion differs from mine but in the manner in which its done. You repeating the SAME idea using diferent words/synonyms does not make it any more true. I have no pattern of lengthy posts that monopolize or clutter a thread - that pattern is uniquely yours.

3. You want me to quote where someone else said you twist words; Page 5, Post 87, BOLDED in point 8 of this thread - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...n-Access/page5

4. As far as attacking you and your insinuation that I am "ringleader" of anything is downright funny. YOU are the one making peresonal attacks. I have ignored your posts where you imply "I'm a bad boss, that I am illogical, and a bully." All I have consistently said is please keep your posts shorter. An insult, however cleverly disguised in the abyundance of words, or how innocently implied is STILL an insult. That Stockholm Syndrome comment was not made by me, get your facts straight. And if you are using fallacious arguments and stacking the deck to impugn me publicly - I will defend myself. BUT LETS KEEP IT VIA PM, I respect my fellow forumers enough to not clutter threads with PERSONAL debates but have let multiple insults slide, enough is enough.

5. I didn't visit adnauseum.com but suffice it to say, I AM SATISFIED THAT THERE ARE NO PARODIES OF ME, on any other forum.

*****to my fellow forumers, again my apologies for both the nature and length of this unnecessary post.

P.S. DID everyone know that you can IGNORE a forum user!? That hitting the ignore button prevents you from being subjected to their posts? Activating now...
    Last edited by kallima; 01-11-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: I'm on mobile forgive typos etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elrond View Post
    My question is what are they going to do about people who payed for levels that included boss brawls (swamps, skeller returns, etc.) before they made the main spine free. We have already paid for this content, do we then have to pay to use the content we already paid to get?
    wow. Keep the aspidistra flying, bro!

I wouldn't hold my breath for anything if I were you...

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elrond:536973
    Elrond, that is a good question. No, the content that was already paid for doesn't have to be paid for again. The new boss gauntlets they are talking about are simply ADDITIONAL AND NEW maps. That just like Winter Fest, follow the excellent idea of the turnstyle, plat-per-use model. Boss guantlets that people have been able to play all along are still there unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by kallima:536976

1. The only reason I will respond is because you attacked my character.

2. Quote me where I said or implied "do NOT post your ideas."

3. To me, WF is a dead horse, it was Jan 5th,

4. the devs obviously were not going to change anything

5. YOU quoted ME so of course I was wondering why you are continuing a convo with me.

6. I had ONE post longer than your AVERAGE post,

7. My issue is not that your opinion differs from mine but in the manner in which its done.

8. You repeating the SAME idea using diferent words/synonyms does not make it any more true.

9. You want me to quote where someone else said you twist words; Page 5, Post 87, BOLDED in point 8 of this thread - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...n-Access/page5

10. I have ignored your posts where you imply "I'm a bad boss, that I am illogical, and a bully."

11. All I have consistently said is please keep your posts shorter.

12. That Stockholm Syndrome comment was not made by me, get your facts straight.

13. stacking the deck to impugn me publicly

14. to my fellow forumers, again my apologies for both the nature and length of this unnecessary post.

15. you can IGNORE a forum user
    Hey Kalima,

You seem upset, I hope not. That is never a good thing.

There is a really odd, weird and kinda whacky thing about you last post: You waited four full days before posting it. I mean, I stopped talking about this subject a full four days before you posted this. I agreed with others that it was beginning to die down. And I said everything that I had to say on the subject. That is why I stopped speaking on it a full four days before you posted this.

Now, don't get me wrong: I COULDN'T CARE LESS that you waited four days. I am not one of those obnoxious forum members who go around acting like they have the right to dicate to others how they should act on the forum. So the fact that you waited four days, don't bother me at all. You, like everyone else, has the right to post as long as they not breaking any forum rules. It's just that, you are complaining that I monopolize a thread. Umm.. no. I was done.

In fact, two days after I stopped posting, someone came on and made a comment that to some extent disagreed with my ideas. If I had wanted to continue the discussion, It would have been completely reasonable for me to do so in response to him. But, hmm.. I had said everything I wanted to say and I was done.

But, moving on....

To very quickly answer some of you concerns in your last post on this thread:

1. I never have attacked your or anyone else's character. Not once, ever. Hasn't happened.

In the very last post on this thread that I made, I defended myselt from attacks that you made against me many many times. But, while I did that, I didn't attack you once.

In fact, you have made so many attacks against me I said, it was actually getting 'tiring' to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo:533742
    If I seem to be a bit stern in this post, I am sorry, but it is getting bit tiresome to be attacked by someone who is critisizing me for something they are worse at.
    But, even after saying that I never attacked your character. It is impossible for you to show me where I did. The closet thing, I guess, is where I said the only reason you were complaining about my long posts is because they disagree with you. That's not an attack, its my opinion based on many facts. But, it's not an attack, so no need to worry about that.

2. I can't quote that because I never said that even once. I don't know what you mean, actually.

3. You posted on Jan. 4 that you thought WF was a dead horse or w/e. But, see, you said, "to me". Apparently, you didn't want to discuss it. But it obvioius that other people did. Which means, if you were no longer interested all you needed to do was ignore the other people's posts. Is it possible, that you did this because those two members were - in part - disagreeing with you?

If you really weren't even interested, why did you even open the thread on Jan. 4 and take the time to post? There are a lot of threads that for what ever reason don't interest me. But I don't go on 'em and tell them that people shouldn't post.

Just cuz some issue may be dead for me, don't mean it is dead for anybody else. I am not the center of the universe. This forum is not a personal, private playground for me. I don't get to decide what other members post on.

4. You said: "it is obvious the devs aren't going to change anything". Exactly, why should they? It seems obvious that Winter Fest was a huge success. I am very glad that so many people had such great fun.

5. Yes, I quoted you. I'm not sure why that bothers you tho. I was talking to you as well as everyone else also. And that is an ok thing to do. I'm not sure what, well, what you are actually complaining about here, sorry.

6. Yes, I have long posts. So, does many, many other people. You didn't complain about any of their long posts cuz they were agreeing with you. In mine, reallly the idea is not to disagree with someone as it is to show that an idea that is being suggested isn't very logical. That it doesn't make sense and would in fact hurt the game if implemented. That is all.

In the last half of this thread, 16 people had posts longer than the one you were complaining about. Yeah, I have long posts, so do others. If people don't want to read a long post, they shouldn't do so. Just like elixirs, if people don't want to use 'em, there is no reason they should. Just like the 2-plat per boss run/wf thing, if they don't want to do that, there is no reason they should. In other words, reading a long post is optional. Don't do it if you don't want to.

All these long posts in this thread and hundreds of other threads, don't get deleted by the devs. In fact one of my long posts on this thread got thanked by a dev. Other long posts got thanked by a dev.

No post should ever be longer than it needs to be. Also, no post should ever be shorter than it needs to be. As long as there is not forum rule violations, each member has the right to decide how long or short their post is gonna be. Each member has the right to decide what posts they want to read.

Sometimes seven words can have huge impact. Sometimes more than seven words are needed. Either way is ok. (This very paragraph is a excellent example of that idea.)

7. Unless someone is doing something to break the rules, it doesn't matter 'the manner' in which they post. I don't get to dictate to others 'the manner' in which they post. No forum member gets to do that.

8. Very true. Which is exactly one of the reasons that Rage Fest was so awful. A handful of people going from thread to thread to thread to thread saying the same thing over and over again. So, it seems like on this point, we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by kallima:520277
    Until they justify those aforementioned issues or implement a true fix, I will continue to voice my "negative" opinions various ways, by repeating it ad nauseum (until I get a real answer)
    9. This is a good example of you accusing me of something - I'm not even doing - and that you are way worse of. This quote that you linked to, why don't we show the WHOLE thing. Instead of leaving out details that 'stack the deck':

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:501393
    Everyone has a say, well not so much a say, but everyone is completely able to give their opinions and feedback to STS about these new elixrs. Are you saying, I'm sure you are not, cuz this would be awful and I know that you are not this way, but are you saying you should have more say because you buy loads of plat?
    That's not at all what I'm trying to say. You and I both know it. I'm trying to say that PL requires teamwork in parties. It's a reason why it's called a party. You're only as strong as your weakest link; I'm assuming you heard of that quote. But what happens when you have many weak links? That's when I feel there is a problem. Honestly, if the Ao2/Ao3 had to show us anything, it WILL happen. Also, I'd appreciate if you didn't twist my wording like that. It's not what I meant, you and I both know it.
    The part that I underlined (or tried to, lol, the part 'tween the two [U]'s) is that part that shows that I was not twisting words, but merely asking for clarification. just cuz someone makes an accusation, don't mean it's true. Here is another example:

Quote Originally Posted by kallima:521485
    Instead of diffusing the situation they fan the flames even further by using remarks that are plain insulting. Let me quote a few examples that have particularly stood out: "we are ungrateful zealots," "spoiled, whining crybabies," and "entitled brats who expect everything for free."

it's an affront to even have to defend our opinions against those kind of remarks.

How would you feel, after spending several hours (as some have done) to formulate their thoughts and suggestions in a thread - to be only told that the only reason you feel this way is because you are either "ungrateful, spoiled, entitled or just a crybaby?"

I am not a sensitive person but if you can dish it, I expect you to be able to take it. Sadly, that does not seem to be the case with some.
    It's a fact that a handful of people went raged on and on. You claim that someone called the ragers: "we are ungrateful zealots," "spoiled, whining crybabies," and "entitled brats who expect everything for free." (these are obviously not actual direct quotes, btw). (Just practicing my 'bold' skills, lol)

It is not the purpose of this thread to discuss if the ragers were in fact "we are ungrateful zealots," "spoiled, whining crybabies," and "entitled brats who expect everything for free."

But, my question to you is: Just cuz the accusation was made, does it make it true? No, if the ragers were "we are ungrateful zealots," "spoiled, whining crybabies," and "entitled brats who expect everything for free." it would be because of the things they did. Not simply cuz someone accused them of doing it.

In other words, an accusation, isn't proof.

But in the above quote, I especially like what you said in the last paragraph.

10. I never implied that you were a bad boss.

11. You said: "All I have consistently said is please keep your posts shorter." LOL, lol, I have tons of screen shots that show otherwise.

12. You said: "The Stockholm Symdrom remark [read insult] was not made by me, get your facts straight". Uh uhh uhhhh.... another example of you critisizing me for something I never do but that you are worse at. Please don't twist my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo:531523
    Oh, relax! I'm just having a bit of fun fun. You got to cut me a break, after all wasn't it you or one of the other ring leaders that broke the bad news to the forum that I was suffering from Stockholm Syndrome? That Stockholm Syndrom...... man, it's some ruff stuff. LOL
    13. I did not impugn you publically. I merely discussed the ideas that you were suggeting and showed that they weren't too logically. Nothing about you personally at all.

14. I feel the same way.

15. I agree, if someone is actually bothered by long posts or posts that disagree with them, they probably shouldn't read them. This would make the forums a lot more peaceful.

At his point, I agree, if you want to discuss this more, probably PM would be the best way. Hope you had a good holiday. And here is hoping you have a good 2012.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 01-12-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Good Lord. Is there a max post size on the forums?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist:538290
    Good Lord. Is there a max post size on the forums?
    I've asked that a couple of times and no one has answered so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

Well, it was great while it lasted...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I've asked that a couple of times and no one has answered so far.
    60,000 characters max per post.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/priv...=newpm&u=34820

I think you should to use it instead of debating in a dead thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Merry Xmas until dec.
    Scottred-lv.54 Pocket Legends<Archer>
    Redscott-lv.23 Pocket Legends<Warroir>
    Proud owner of <Rangers of Alterra> and officer of <Centurion>.