Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.5 Content Update (75561)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Okay' STS, you guys messed up!. Idk if this was planned or was just a risk or losing thousands or even millions of players. About 1million people are online playing daily, they buy plat and spend in game for elixers, or just items. Lets see how greedy STS has become. They raised the level cap TWICE and people have been spamming elixers to get from 56-66. With 1-2million people playing DAILY thats a very good profit. Now, with yall losing 1million people, down go your rates, down go your payments. And basicly no more PL. Now with this 2plat per run, you guys are making a lil $ on the side. Now you guys gave us mount fang for free. But is it REALY free? With most of us spamming elixers to reach 66, is it realy free? Yall think about that now.
    Last edited by xbabybugszx; 12-15-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Babybugszxx,Trust, Ebagovax, Pvpbugsz, Xxaeromagexx, Bugszmage, Xbabybugszx, Bestavian, Boombugsz, Swaggbearr

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xbabybugszx For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Just last month we gave you Mt. Fang for free. This holiday content is completely elective.
    Your not listening to your players, whatsoever.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

You can play all the way up to the cap for free. Just last month we gave you Mt. Fang for free. This holiday content is completely elective.

There is a way to earn plat in the game if you don't want to purchase it. We hope you will want to play the Winter Festival, but we understand if you don't.

We still wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    That response might work with new members but please don't insult those of us who have played for well over a year now. There is an increasing trend on getting players to spend plat. And you know as well as I do that if everyone stuck to the main spine, STS would go under.

As far as Tapjoy... has anyone paid attention to the complaints with not recieving the plat? Not to kention the hops which have to be jumped through to do this option.

If you think I am anti-plat, you need to review the money STS has made from me. My opinion, which I have earned the right to give, is greed is taking over and favor is being paid to newer players who dont know better.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Sorry, but where exactly do you get 1 million players? Hard to believe its 1 million, in fact even a hundred thousand, at one time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

We don't want people to buy plat all the time (well, we do but we don't think that is realistic).

We are running a business. We have given you a game that you can play all day, every day, for free. We have to make money somehow or we won't be able to provide this service for you.

The Holiday Content is elective. It is extra stuff. You can earn plat through TapJoy if you don't want to buy it, but it costs us money to run the game, and we have to make money to continue to do so.
    the problem is we have to do offers every run. There arent many offers you know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Apart from all the rioting going on because of the Winter Festival. STILL NO FIX ON THE ORLOK 1H SET FLAMES (SPARKLE)!! THEY ARE STILL DEMONIC FLAMES!!!! I know is not as important but still come on!!
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Enisceloz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    I will play the devil's advocate here:

Have you people seen the prices of last year's low level holiday items in the CS? So players can totally GOUGE each other, but STS isn't allowed to charge what they want?

Clearly the holidays are a BUSINESS for ALL parties involved...

( IMHO- 2 Plat per run does seem a little steep, but wasn't this same player base complaining loudly when a certain elixir was only one Plat and is completely silent now that it costs 5 ? Hmmmm....)
    I will probably make some runs and buy the vanities, but not as much as I would like because of family Christmas budget.

But I must say, I never, ever gouged anyone. I have a bunch of Christmas items from last year but I didn't list them because it's against my nature to list something for such outlandish prices. Never, not once, ever.

Your devil's advocate argument is based on the assumption, in my opinion, that something is OK if everyone is doing it. That's not how I define OK. I have to be right with myself for it to be OK. I would hope I'm not the only one.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Yes I am saddened also but... Where do I get a santa claws hat and beard?

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I'd rather y'all distribute the cost between campaigns rather than make one a huge cash sink. People don't like spending money/platinum massively all in one go.
    Well said
    KILL THEM!.... Sorry what were we doing again?

GET HIM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

you can sheer a sheep many times but you can only skin it once

Saving princesses from castles since 1983

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to duckedo For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I think with the way platinum is ruining the game... We're best off with paying a subscription fee.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    If you think I am anti-plat, you need to review the money STS has made from me. My opinion, which I have earned the right to give, is greed is taking over and favor is being paid to newer players who dont know better.
    Exactly.. Alot of us oldschool players have dropped 200-1000 bucks on this game AND STS is still holding us by the ankles shaking out the change from our pockets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle:512783
    You can play all the way up to the cap for free. Just last month we gave you Mt. Fang for free. This holiday content is completely elective.

There is a way to earn plat in the game if you don't want to purchase it. We hope you will want to play the Winter Festival, but we understand if you don't.

I know, I'd rather pay 25-50 platinum for unlimited, before paying per run. How about you implement the option then? Have one ability to play unlimited and one for one run. I think the problem is that everyone is astonished at the prices compared to last years 15 platinum unlimited.

Exactly no one here once said we werent willing to pay for it, we said we werent gonna do the 2 plat per item. I would gladly pay a 30 plat access (that would be TRIPLE last years) we know your a business but obviously giving acess for 1 time 10 plat payment didnt make u go bankrupt, u just want even more money. I spent 4 plat to get quest vanities and 2 greens but thats all the runs im buying sry but its getting a little ridiculous

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    It is sad when veterans and contributers are on the forum telling STS that what they are doing isn't working and a bunch of new players tell them they are wrong ..
    Well, I'm not a noob, and I still feell the player base is being very harsh and unfair to the dev team.

You said it yourself that you didn't like what you saw here, moved on to a different game, and then saw the same thing happen over there! and you came back - is it possible that this is just the way these games are run?

Personally, I've never been the type that tries to fight against the tide...

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

And I understand that you guys want to make money but Iv'e seen guys go past me with their 200 plat turkeys and balloons and so many people with the luck and 4x exlires.
    This has been my firs PL Christmas and it`s really lame so far......

GET HIM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Well ... This is a real constructive n final answer . Tks a lot for all the time u was spending to listen n understand our feelings . May the spirit of Xmas bless u
    Lady Viviane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by duckedo View Post
    you can sheer a sheep many times but you can only skin it once
    You just described what`s in PL in words Well said

GET HIM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I just don't get it... :-( I was so exited excited about this event... This is the worst! I understand you guys just gave away two free campaigns, but this is CHRISTMAS... I get that you want to make profit off of it but I haven't seen anything free... Maybe I'm wrong but I think the only way the Christmas event effects u is if u spend huge ammounts of plat :'-( I really thought it wasnt gonna be like this... :-(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

And that fits in the business model you were having. Fang is new, and thus fun. But truly new? I felt like walking trough balefort and the enemies are thesame as before, just insane more health. sorry but in my opinion thats not new, but copy paste. Ill still thuroughly enjoy it, since i enjoyed all of PL. But i dont buy plat, so the tapjoy plat i earn is going towards necesseties like cs selling spots etc. I'l be skipping this. Uiltje lvl65

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Not going to play the map Sorry, I understand you are trying to run a business but I also have a budget to meet.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post: