Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How far are you willing to pay for content?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    aas Somebody said above- ide pay 100 plat for another AO3
    What I'm trying to say is, I don't mind paying a tiny more platinum for other add on content if it will keep other insanely high add on content (like the winter festival) at a minimum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

me three... or four....
    You'll find me in-game on these two

>>>LVL 10 Ahelper<<<
    >LVL 65 Zeusofire<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusofire:512945
    Spacetime Studios is a business people! and from what I can tell they are a pretty new business. They need to charge money for their games. They also have the issue that they allow Tapjoy to advertise so people can buy free Platinum which may not be entirely profitable to them. Think about how this game would be without free plat. You need to understand that STS is doing this to make money, and that is respectable.

HOWEVER. The Quality of the game has deteriorated from when I started playing EXACTLY one year ago. Even the holiday gear looks worse. This game needs something very new and creative. It needs to be something that all players can participate in. The AO trilogy of campaigns was incredible, but STS needs to make a new campaign that is as good as it.

AND THEY REALLY NEED TO START LISTENING TO THEIR CONSUMERS.
    Just a correction: Tapjoy plat us NOT really free. You get it free, but I'm pretty sure to give it to you Tapjoy "buys" it from STS with advertising revenue generated from you completing an offer. This is like clicking an ad. Tapjoy makes money from exposing you to apps. If the plat was truly free and generated from nothing then STS would be losing money by the bucket loads and wouldn't include Tapjoy in it's games.

On STS being a business, there's being a business and there's going overboard with new ways to make money. Xp anywhere and charging per run are definitely examples of unpopular stuff.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Just a correction: Tapjoy plat us NOT really free. You get it free, but I'm pretty sure to give it to you Tapjoy "buys" it from STS with advertising revenue generated from you completing an offer. This is like clicking an ad. Tapjoy makes money from exposing you to apps. If the plat was truly free and generated from nothing then STS would be losing money by the bucket loads and wouldn't include Tapjoy in it's games.

On STS being a business, there's being a business and there's going overboard with new ways to make money. Xp anywhere and charging per run are definitely examples of unpopular stuff.
    What I meant regarding Tapjoy is that they might make more money from us, that is the consumers, if they removed free plat and thereby forced us to buy large bundles at higher prices.
    And honestly, the reason they are so unpopular is because people, not all people, want them but don't want to pay more for them. STS really just needs to restructure their fees for in-game services and items.
    Last edited by Zeusofire; 12-15-2011 at 06:28 PM.

>>>LVL 10 Ahelper<<<
    >LVL 65 Zeusofire<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Free plat is income on top of the bought plat. Removing it would actually lower their income.

Restructuring would be nice. I like supporting the games, but can't pay so much.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bronislav84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

O&C i thought was only less than 10$ to play for 3 months and all their intense game content.

For some reason i still chose to play pl i dont know what it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well... O&C requires wifi and that is very annoying.

>>>LVL 10 Ahelper<<<
    >LVL 65 Zeusofire<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusofire View Post
    Well... O&C requires wifi and that is very annoying.
    But its clear on how much money you should expect to spend. Which is not annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I actually own O&C from when it was 99 cents and haven't touched it cause I'm too busy with Legends. Also didn't they allow playing on phone data? Heard if you turn on WiFi and just not connect to anything that you can play on data.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I'm pretty sure they added 3G usage for O&C. I remember reading something about that awhile back on DroidGamers.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I can't afford to pay anything.
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

As would I, and a lot of other vets and even newer players who are discovering The Joys of AO3 for the first time Hell, I'd probably pay more than 100 for something AO3/Cyber Quest=quality.

Just got done playing through the new SL campaign. You can tell there seems to be A LOT MORE time spent on design of the new levels, new tactics required, etc. Is impressive...and although I dug it, it bummed out me out because the new PL campaigns are far behind in innovation compared to this new SL campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I'd pay 50 plat per new campaign, however I'd be mad as "all get out" if I played and it was rehashed content like mt fang or required elixir use like nuri's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I dont have a ready made answer for this one. I don't mind paying for content and i have spent a significant amount on this game. I stopped short of buying the 500 vanity that has no stats but i used the reroll elixir, and had quite a few runs in winter festivals. And then i stopped 10 mns ago and i am just thinking this is just stupid. Am actually not satisfied about where this is going and spending that money. From memory, when i start thinking that, i soon start getting into other stuff.
    I like this game. I'd love to stick around. I hope sts will listeand find a way to charge that doesnt make you feel like an idiot.
    Right now, this isnt working.
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What im not willing to pay is 2 plat a run........hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Remember when everyone complained about ao3 being 20 plat, instead of the normal 5 plat per campaign? I was one of the few that never complained. Some even quit over that. I have no problem paying for good content campaign wise. I would've payed for mt fang. They can charge 500 plat for a gold goat head, but can't make an ao3 quality campaign and charge for it? For another ao3 I'd pay 500 plat. The community needs a campaign the way STS used to provide in their golden days. I've payed for every campaign before they were free, even the ones I knew I wouldn't play. PLEASE charge us for the campaigns instead of making everything so inconvenient for us. Ok, we don't need to do the events, true, but would we like to? Of course we would. Charge us for subscriptions of something, I'd pay $15 a month. Even though it's a phone mmo, idc.

It's better than teasing me with sweet content and expecting me not to participate if I don't like how it's going. We all want to enjoy the fest. to the fullest. I'd prefer paying for a ticket like last years, having unlimited access till the end of it. Charge us one time fee's for content. We'd all be so much more happy

- <3 your friendly neighborhood RedRyder

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I bought the campaigns when we had to buy campaigns. I didn't mind that at all. I was surprised when they made all the main spine free.

I do not like subscriptions or time-based stuff because I have a tendency to take multi-month breaks, which means wasted paid time. So I don't usually do that.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Awesome perspectives and opinions guys, thanks.

I think a quick sum up of what I'm actually feeling (taken from WF feedback post) is that I would pay for quality, simple as that.

To be honest, if the real AO3 came out now instead of then, I don't think I would have an issue at all spending plat for the campaign + elixirs to use it. The maps were almost perfectly challenging with a good team (non-potted), so the "need" to elixir isn't quite there. Not to mention how effective each class was throughout the entire campaign; bears were worth something and great for clearing, birds were essential for OL and highly effective as usual, and mages almost essential for Gurgox.

Now, although you can technically still play without elixirs, for free, etc, it seems that all focus has gone to exactly those - just playing for free and the quality going to the elixirs. I'm not sure if the game being free did this, but if it did, I would rather pay for the app itself than play a "free" MMO that is as shallow as some of the other bad games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Heres the way I see it. Pl is an Xbox game. Xbox games are worth about 50 bucks on average? So I put down 800 platinum max For all the campaigns and such. Anything extra is like downloadable content. Costs extra.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Like I said previously, the moment you inject any form of "subscription" in this game, whether be it optional or not, it will be classified as a pay-to-play game as far as "new" customers are concerned. Now, there's not much to debate on where and how PL will place in that particular market because it doesn't need a pro to tell that PL is nowhere near the quality of the other pay-to-play games. Bad move for STS. People are forgiving PL in a lot of its flaws because of that "mobile-game-shield, and free-to-play-shield", remove one, and it's like removing a support wheel in a bicycle, only problem is, PL is not ready...not even close. It's just a casual game for people who cannot afford WoW both in time and money, that's the only excuse in not playing (choosing) anything else (so many games better), time and money, so...that's PL's leverage, it doesn't take much time to learn and it doesn't require money...if you remove one or at least "make people think" you removed one, then...goodbye PL, hello Rift, that's my opinion. Thanks. XD

22. The Following User Says Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post: