Thread: Keeping PL Customers Happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Default Keeping PL Customers Happy

Hello all! Bronxman here!

I would like to offer a middle ground approach to the latest "unhappy" trends I see on this forum. Simply put, more and more players are feeling that (a) there is an increase in paid services and a decline in free services; (b) the quality of the game is suffering since Alien Oasis 3; and (c) the lack of responses from the Pocket Legends admins and developers, thereby increasing the frustration of its players.

As a successful business owner, I would love to offer a perspective from someone on the other side of the fence, so to speak. Allow me to address each of these concerns, in turn.

There is an increase in paid services and a decline in free services.
    The administrators and developers have to get paid, and the money has to come from somewhere. Without the paid services, there would be no free services. You can level up to 66 without paying a dime. That is a rarity today, where more and more "free" games are actually trial games or provide you with minimal quality or features unless you pay.

However, here is where I side with the players. Winterfest should have been offered for free. Again, I am speaking as a business owner. A good gesture goes a long way. In short, it would be a way of saying thank you. I do this with my customers, and the result is an increase of business for the upcoming year. My recommendation here would be to make Winterfest a free service. Charging 2 platinum per play (or something like that) does not fall in line with the spirit of this time of year.

The quality of the game is suffering since Alien Oasis 3.
    Although I am new to Pocket Legends in terms of time (less than six weeks), I am a level-63 character. I have visited every dungeon and campaign. I don't see where the quality has suffered. I really like Mt. Fang, and though it reminds me of Balefort Castle, so what? It takes me back to my Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Citadel of Chaos, and Deathtrap Dungeon days.

Now, I've heard people say for the developers to spend more time before releasing a campaign. However, keep in mind that after reaching maximum level, players lose interest. So, if there is more time between releases of new campaigns, more people will lose interest.

However, here is where I side with the players. What does a player do after that player reaches a maximum level? Sure, we can help others out or try to get coveted pink equipment, but honestly, players are on Pocket Legends to play. So, there should be other mini campaigns or quests that a player can do to spark their interest. For example, the developers could add easter eggs (hidden game features) or make super tough quests, but after completing such a quest, the player would be rewarded with a valuable pink.

The lack of responses from the Pocket Legends administrators and developers.
    People, I have to side with the admins and developers on this one. First, there is a forum where you can gripe. Do you think this happens for all games. Many people, for example, are unhappy with Infinity Blade II. Do you think THAT site has its own internal forum where people can complain? Not at all. In fact, when you check out their site, it reads as if everyone is overjoyed by the game, all reviews are positive, and all is uberduber in the Infinity Blade world.

So, that you have a forum to complain and gripe and air your views is a sign that the administrators and developers ARE interested in what you have to say.

They are listening.

As an example, when the crazy XP was supposed to expire at the end of November, many players (myself included) asked that it be a permanent feature of the game. Well, now, it is.

Like any business owner, we want to keep our customers happy. However, there are many people who make up the Pocket Legends community. There are many balls to juggle.

Hopefully, this provides a middle ground approach to both the players' and the administrators/developers perspectives.

Just my two cents,
    Bronxman2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Why does everyone always ignore the facts. We DONT want it free. I see little to no one begging for this. We are upset that it is a ridiculous subscription, we would gladly pay a 1 time fee of 30-50 plat. That's not free STS still gets money. Why isnt the omnipotent crown a 100 plat a day rental?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Why does everyone always ignore the facts. We DONT want it free. I see little to no one begging for this. We are upset that it is a ridiculous subscription, we would gladly pay a 1 time fee of 30-50 plat. That's not free STS still gets money. Why isnt the omnipotent crown a 100 plat a day rental?
    I'd have to agree with this post. We are not looking for free. We are looking for our money's worth.

The OP does however raise good points, although they have all been raised in other threads. Nonetheless, it is well written and well intentioned, so he/she deserves some praise.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

People are on the forums so much, why not just put some (Google) ads up?

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post

LOL
    Shhhhh!! We don't want to give them any ideas!

(Do you know how poor Vbullitin works with ads? Makes the site lag like crazy)

*Refers to nextgengames.com for example*

Somewhere in the magical land of Texas :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu:513856

LOL
    Lol +1

PL: Epicunicorns--Appllejuice--Unicornkills--Unicornseller--Unicorntwink--Spookyunicorn--Mortuis--Onehornofhate--Monokeros

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post

LOL
    1 post per ad click!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    1 post per ad click!
    Dang, then I'd never catch up to Mysticaldream
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I mostly disagree.

Winterfest for free? Ask Hallmark to give you free Christmas Cards by that logic. Not gonna happen.

Add hidden game features for free players? I see it happen all the time. If people rush to cap and then get bored, it's because they rushed. They probably make love that way, too. It's absurd. Take it slow and enjoy yourself. Be "in the moment". This is a choice.

But I do agree regarding the devs responses. What other game has as much interaction as this one? None that I know of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I would say in the end of 2012 only the plat buyers will play this game and yes it's impossible to max out without elixir

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Great thread I totally agree! But the 2 plat is not a good idea at all!

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

hitted right on the nail +1.

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I'm sorry but recycled reindeer antlers are suppose to suffice as a "good free option"? I have no, NO, problems with other aspects of the game because they are true "options". But with the WF we HAVE to pay, and pay again, and pay some more to particpate in it's entirity. Noone had issues with the Halloween event except for the drop problems. That system was changed so where did this system come from?

We need to realize that this is only the beginning. What is next? Pay to enter a campaign to farm or level? Sounds ridiculous right? Well tell me 3 days ago if I had said "Prepare to pay-to-play the WF event!" how many would have said I was crazy??

As someone who has taken up for STS for a lot of changes/implementations, I have taken off my PL colored sunglasses to see this new reality we are facing.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post: