Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we have some transparency about PVP plans?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Can we have some transparency about PVP plans?

It's been a couple of years since pvp has had any real action. I feel there's been numerous threads with various suggestions on how to fix pvp. Can we have some feedback to let us know if we can expect any real changes and when those changes will take place? Many of us are hanging around for pvp to be revived and have no interest in the pve aspect of this game (no offense). It'd be nice to know if we should hang in there and wait or move on to something else to pass the time.

ty

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sellall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Reviving pvp at this point would need something pretty big. Most have quit already.

And the devs are committed to non-stop PvE events so I don't see anything PvP happening now or in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

When we asked about any changes that may happen to help mages in pvp, Cinco pretty much said- mages should only duel mages if you want balance.
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    When we asked about any changes that may happen to help mages in pvp, Cinco pretty much said- mages should only duel mages if you want balance.
    I saw that thread and it makes no sense to do that. They want to encourage pve team play but that's not balanced either. The entire timed leader board is dominated by rogues. Any mage or tank on lb is being carried. Pvp was what kept people farming to make gold so they could be competitive. What's the point of obtaining good gear without pvp? Maybe I'm missing something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sellall View Post
    I saw that thread and it makes no sense to do that.
    Agreed. I was hoping we could get back to a paper scissors rock thing but hopes dashed

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

By spending money with the false precept that pvp is balanced we got scammed by sts. Thats how i feel about it anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger's cat View Post
    By spending money with the false precept that pvp is balanced we got scammed by sts. Thats how i feel about it anyway.
    I don't think it's ever been balanced tbh but it was always playable and competitive. Some seasons favored tanks, others mages or rogues. It's mostly favored rogues but a geared mage was able to beat a lesser geared or lesser skilled rogue. That's far from being the case anymore. IIRC, remiem used to host weeks where pvp kills were turned off and they would monitor kills / deaths of each class to adjust and balance pvp classes. Maybe they'll balance it again, maybe they won't. I'd just like to know what they plan on so I can move on or stick around. I'm sure others feel the same way.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sellall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Do people even give (pardon my language) a **** about balance or actually finding people in pvp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Someday people should stop asking for balance in pvp....dont forget what happend to Thanos that wanted balance :P ...there should not be balance between characters of different class....to play against same class if u want balance :P

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Boysetsfire For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boysetsfire View Post
    Someday people should stop asking for balance in pvp....dont forget what happend to Thanos that wanted balance :P ...there should not be balance between characters of different class....to play against same class if u want balance :P
    Seems fair to have to do all those pvp ap's vs only one class huh?
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sellall View Post
    I saw that thread and it makes no sense to do that. They want to encourage pve team play but that's not balanced either. The entire timed leader board is dominated by rogues. Any mage or tank on lb is being carried. Pvp was what kept people farming to make gold so they could be competitive. What's the point of obtaining good gear without pvp? Maybe I'm missing something
    Did you just seriously say that mages and tanks are carried? XD Every class is equal overall just not in individual maps, but there r maps tanks shine in and maps mages shine in, rogues don't dominate at all, sure there are lots of them on there but that's because there are more rogues than anything else. Rogues can't match mage aoe in earlier maps, there are some early maps where 4 rogues would easily be beat by 3 mages 1 rogue or even 4 mages one with lots of dmg. Later maps tanks get to shine with their amazing ebon aegis and tb. Mid level maps are where rogues truly shine. But every class plays it's role in timed runs which is what makes them imo the most fun feature in the game, as every class is mostly balanced overall. Sorry if the first sentence sounded a little snarky, but your point there isn't true. At all

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Shocan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shocan View Post
    Did you just seriously say that mages and tanks are carried? XD Every class is equal overall just not in individual maps, but there r maps tanks shine in and maps mages shine in, rogues don't dominate at all, sure there are lots of them on there but that's because there are more rogues than anything else. Rogues can't match mage aoe in earlier maps, there are some early maps where 4 rogues would easily be beat by 3 mages 1 rogue or even 4 mages one with lots of dmg. Later maps tanks get to shine with their amazing ebon aegis and tb. Mid level maps are where rogues truly shine. But every class plays it's role in timed runs which is what makes them imo the most fun feature in the game, as every class is mostly balanced overall. Sorry if the first sentence sounded a little snarky, but your point there isn't true. At all
    Agreed, wise words. Rogue is no longer unstoppable force or not "the only useful instrument" on the map anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

My point, which you took out of context, was that Cinco had mentioned he want's to encourage pve team play (thus ignoring pvp balance), but I was saying that pve is not balanced either (clearly dominated by rogues). Please stay on topic because we would like to hear if sts has plans to revive pvp or not and I don't want the thread to get shut down by becoming derailed.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sellall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Seeing that the developers haven't responded to your thread, it leads to two things, they don't want news about in game PvP to be transparent or that there is no valid point/reason to respond.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Each class has some situations where they shine a bit more than the others, that is common knowledge. But to say all classes are balanced overall (both PvE and PvP) and every class has its role in Timed Runs... just doesn't make sense.

Justg mentioned many times that classes were supposed to be balanced between each other, Mage>Tank>Rogue, like Rock-Paper-Scissors. Cinco now said that to make a balanced PvP fight we should use 2 same class characters with exact same gear. While he is correct in a way, it also means that in duels between different classes, STS doesn't care if Tanks have an advantage over both Rogues and Mages, or Mages not being able to beat Tanks or Rogues, just other weaker Mages, etc.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    Each class has some situations where they shine a bit more than the others, that is common knowledge. But to say all classes are balanced overall (both PvE and PvP) and every class has its role in Timed Runs... just doesn't make sense.

Justg mentioned many times that classes were supposed to be balanced between each other, Mage>Tank>Rogue, like Rock-Paper-Scissors. Cinco now said that to make a balanced PvP fight we should use 2 same class characters with exact same gear. While he is correct in a way, it also means that in duels between different classes, STS doesn't care if Tanks have an advantage over both Rogues and Mages, or Mages not being able to beat Tanks or Rogues, just other weaker Mages, etc.
    I never stated they're balanced in pve and pvp, they're not supposed to be. If you want balance you take 2 cars that are the exact same and race them. The world doesn't work like that tho, if you use 2 different cars however it's going to be unbalanced, as would be expected. Mages were great during the last event, 2 mages were best. Tanks are amazing too in situations, as are rogues. But there can't be balance.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Shocan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

I never stated they're balanced in pve and pvp, they're not supposed to be. If you want balance you take 2 cars that are the exact same and race them. The world doesn't work like that tho, if you use 2 different cars however it's going to be unbalanced, as would be expected. Mages were great during the last event, 2 mages were best. Tanks are amazing too in situations, as are rogues. But there can't be balance.

You literally said they are balanced overall though. And no, classes don't work like cars, you can't just compare anything that comes to your mind to prove your point, because that's not how the world works. Try using something more similar, maybe another game where PvP, PvE, and overall balance of classes actually works, I'm sure there are many of them.

And also, balanced does not mean equal. And we know classes can't be perfectly balanced, but I'm sure there are many ways to at least make the difference smaller.

Anyway though, if you think that classes are balanced because Warrior dominates one season, then Mages dominate next one, Rogues the next one, etc., then you're missing the point of balance. That's not how balance works. Why can we not have a season where all 3 classes are useful and none of them is the absolute best?
    Retired

25. The Following User Says Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    You literally said they are balanced overall though. And no, classes don't work like cars, you can't just compare anything that comes to your mind to prove your point, because that's not how the world works. Try using something more similar, maybe another game where PvP, PvE, and overall balance of classes actually works, I'm sure there are many of them.

And also, balanced does not mean equal. And we know classes can't be perfectly balanced, but I'm sure there are many ways to at least make the difference smaller.

Anyway though, if you think that classes are balanced because Warrior dominates one season, then Mages dominate next one, Rogues the next one, etc., then you're missing the point of balance. That's not how balance works. Why can we not have a season where all 3 classes are useful and none of them is the absolute best?
    No. I said overall in terms of running, as in overall over maps, not in pvp. And yes, you can compare whatever you think of, that's how a metaphor works. I'm not going to argue further, you don't get this whatsoever, classes aren't balanced, they shouldn't be, if you've got a problem with that play another game. The devs made their point, and point that makes perfect sense, if you can't understand it it's your problem, there's a reason the devs haven't replied to this thread, it's basically another duplicate and you just don't get it. Thanks for your time, Cinco has already commented on the matter of balance between classes, this is pointless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

No. I said overall in terms of running, as in overall over maps, not in pvp. And yes, you can compare whatever you think of, that's how a metaphor works. I'm not going to argue further, you don't get this whatsoever, classes aren't balanced, they shouldn't be, if you've got a problem with that play another game. The devs made their point, and point that makes perfect sense, if you can't understand it it's your problem, there's a reason the devs haven't replied to this thread, it's basically another duplicate and you just don't get it. Thanks for your time, Cinco has already commented on the matter of balance between classes, this is pointless

I think we agree on more than you think. If it's really true that they're not going to fix pvp, then why keep the maps and the achievements that go with it. I have 1500 flags and I was abused for every one of them. Not a single flag came from a buddy system flagging. Is that really the direction the game is going to where you need 10,000 flags, 4 at a time? I'd rather sit on a grenade. They're keeping those achievements for a reason, I'd like to think but I could be wrong. I quit 2 years ago, minus a quick comeback a year ago. I've been gearless ever since but I used to have all the best gear and pets, aka spending money. If you don't care about pvp zyou don't have to comment. Some of us have been sitting in limbo and I think it's fair to have a little clarity from sts or open discussion with them after 7 years of playing this game (and 2 years of waiting for a fix).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

PVP has been dead for so long, I don't even know if they plan to revive it.

Amazing signature made by Bellaelda