Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we have some transparency about PVP plans?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shocan View Post
    No. I said overall in terms of running, as in overall over maps, not in pvp. And yes, you can compare whatever you think of, that's how a metaphor works. I'm not going to argue further, you don't get this whatsoever, classes aren't balanced, they shouldn't be, if you've got a problem with that play another game. The devs made their point, and point that makes perfect sense, if you can't understand it it's your problem, there's a reason the devs haven't replied to this thread, it's basically another duplicate and you just don't get it. Thanks for your time, Cinco has already commented on the matter of balance between classes, this is pointless

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Yeah sure, classes shouldn't be balanced, I don't know why everyone is so upset bruh.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    You literally said they are balanced overall though. And no, classes don't work like cars, you can't just compare anything that comes to your mind to prove your point, because that's not how the world works. Try using something more similar, maybe another game where PvP, PvE, and overall balance of classes actually works, I'm sure there are many of them.

And also, balanced does not mean equal. And we know classes can't be perfectly balanced, but I'm sure there are many ways to at least make the difference smaller.

Anyway though, if you think that classes are balanced because Warrior dominates one season, then Mages dominate next one, Rogues the next one, etc., then you're missing the point of balance. That's not how balance works. Why can we not have a season where all 3 classes are useful and none of them is the absolute best?
    It's Utopia man... Ideal can't be reachable in this situation. Even in games like Dota 2 which is MOBA genre but still have some weaker and stronger heroes there. PC games same thing. World of warcraft for example: in some situation mages are stronger, in some situation warriors and so as rogues. If all classes will become the same what a point to have multiple different classes? Another thing is maybe pve content favours rogue more than two other classes? Because its about who kills faster, where rogue is the grandmaster. My opinion is that we need more dungeons with difficult lvl as Deep Marsh bosses or harder with interesting boss/creeps mechanics instead of wasting time over obvious things... Tdm mode is not popular like used to be, because people don't wanna take reality, they think that someday old stable business model will change as they wanted too see it. Game is alive, ebon items are cool, content is decent for such mobile game, we have a lot of cool events, so could you tell me what a point for Sts to change it? Duel? What is duel - it's sparring room, basically we need it to see how things work, to play with friends for creating new tactics for our class, for better understanding role in the map. It means nothing at all, no aps, no reward, no lb, not entertaining as good team fight, who even cares about Duel mode? Unfortunately tdm now currently broken, because we have no class limits per room. It's very bad because allows to stack warrior team and making it useless to play. . .
    Last edited by Browdy666; 07-11-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Browdy666 View Post
    It's Utopia man... Ideal can't be reachable in this situation. Even in games like Dota 2 which is MOBA genre but still have some weaker and stronger heroes there. PC games same thing. World of warcraft for example: in some situation mages are stronger, in some situation warriors and so as rogues. If all classes will become the same what a point to have multiple different classes? Another thing is maybe pve content favours rogue more than two other classes? Because its about who kills faster, where rogue is the grandmaster. My opinion is that we need more dungeons with difficult lvl as Deep Marsh bosses or harder with interesting boss/creeps mechanics instead of wasting time over obvious things... Tdm mode is not popular like used to be, because people don't wanna take reality, they think that someday old stable business model will change as they wanted too see it. Game is alive, ebon items are cool, content is decent for such mobile game, we have a lot of cool events, so could you tell me what a point for Sts to change it? Duel? What is duel - it's sparring room, basically we need it to see how things work, to play with friends for creating new tactics for our class, for better understanding role in the map. It means nothing at all, no aps, no reward, no lb, not entertaining as good team fight, who even cares about Duel mode? Unfortunately tdm now currently broken, because we have no class limits per room. It's very bad because allows to stack warrior team and making it useless to play. . .
    I’m not really interested in duels actually, I just used that as an example because Cinco did it too. And also I’m aware that all classes shouldn’t be the same or equal to each other. But it’s clear that Rogues have an advantage in more than at least 50% of the situations. Do you think Tanks would be useful in Deep Marsh or Raid, or even PvP clashes if we didn’t have Ebon aegis? Why should a whole class be useful only if they own a specific weapon? What about a level 65 Warrior who can’t equip a TB or Ebon aegis?

Anyway, I’m done here. Let’s see what happens in the next expansion. I guess that’s our only option now.
    Retired

4. The Following User Says Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I’m not really interested in duels actually, I just used that as an example because Cinco did it too. And also I’m aware that all classes shouldn’t be the same or equal to each other. But it’s clear that Rogues have an advantage in more than at least 50% of the situations. Do you think Tanks would be useful in Deep Marsh or Raid, or even PvP clashes if we didn’t have Ebon aegis? Why should a whole class be useful only if they own a specific weapon? What about a level 65 Warrior who can’t equip a TB or Ebon aegis?

Anyway, I’m done here. Let’s see what happens in the next expansion. I guess that’s our only option now.
    Yes we had tb before. Do you think rogue would be useful in Deep Marsh or Raid without Ebon bow ? Same example. Owl bro, Sts made warriors proc so OP exactly to compensate such thing with rogue. It was always so in AL. 65 lvl ? Why? What a point of being half-warrior? Who wants to be 65 lvl if there is no place for him in Al? 63 lvl bracket is active btw. It's same thing as 70 is useless compare to 71 because of arcane ebon gear. Why it is wrong for your opinion? I don't get it. Owl, till next update I'd like to make this topic hot, more voices = better chances, so i think that your opinion is important here And yes you right let’s see what happens in the next expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Yes we had tb before. Do you think rogue would be useful in Deep Marsh or Raid without Ebon bow ? Same example. Owl bro, Sts made warriors proc so OP exactly to compensate such thing with rogue. It was always so in AL. 65 lvl ? Why? What a point of being half-warrior? Who wants to be 65 lvl if there is no place for him in Al? 63 lvl bracket is active btw. It's same thing as 70 is useless compare to 71 because of arcane ebon gear. Why it is wrong for your opinion? I don't get it. Owl, till next update I'd like to make this topic hot, more voices = better chances, so i think that your opinion is important here And yes you right let’s see what happens in the next expansion
    Yeah lol all classes need the best weapon, I used level 65 as an example because at that level a warrior can't equip TB or Ebon Aegis. By the way, my name in game is Fid and I'm not related to any Owl :P Except he's my guilide. :P Maybe it's because of the sig? XD
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Ebon armors are perfectly balanced. They are not the problem.

I just got ebon armor and it seems the proc is fair both on PvE/PvP. In PvP the proc boost is not what i thought it was; It seemed those screen shots people had sent showcasing the ebon armor proc buff were either in festerfang with mireguard or had multiple buffs active. In PvE zones respectively.

But ebon weapons with the reflection procs & Awakenings are what need to be thoroughly examined and given proper attention in PvP's case. But they're completely fine in PvE. So 1+ for that.

All reflection type of attacks in every game with PvP is always complex and needs a limit.

Good job dev's on the ebon gears. They truly feel "Arcane" and i respect that. PvE has become fun again.

PvP on the other hand. We need a brand new PvP zone that gives pre-prepared heroic gears for everyone, which can exclusively be worn there. As for pets; Anyone can choose their preference.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 07-16-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Yeah lol all classes need the best weapon, I used level 65 as an example because at that level a warrior can't equip TB or Ebon Aegis. By the way, my name in game is Fid and I'm not related to any Owl :P Except he's my guilide. :P Maybe it's because of the sig? XD
    Sorry, i tought your old ign was Owl. I understand now Fid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    Just to clarify. Ebon armors are perfectly balanced. They are not the problem.

I just got ebon armor and it seems the proc is fair both on PvE/PvP. In PvP the proc boost is not what i thought it was; It seemed those screen shots people had sent showcasing the ebon armor proc buff were either in festerfang with mireguard or had multiple buffs active. In PvE zones respectively.

But ebon weapons with the reflection procs & Awakenings are what need to be thoroughly examined and given proper attention in PvP's case. But they're completely fine in PvE. So 1+ for that.

All reflection type of attacks in every game with PvP is always complex and needs a limit.

Good job dev's on the ebon gears. They truly feel "Arcane" and i respect that. PvE has become fun again.

PvP on the other hand. We need a brand new PvP zone that gives pre-prepared heroic gears for everyone, which can exclusively be worn there. As for pets; Any one can choose their preference.
    Agreed weaker in pvp but stronger in pve. Nice stuff. Warrior needs it. As for new mode what kind of? We have tdm, ffa, ctf so what else can be added for example?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Agreed weaker in pvp but stronger in pve. Nice stuff. Warrior needs it. As for new mode what kind of? We have tdm, ffa, ctf so what else can be added for example?
    Indeed. Warriors do need ebon armor & ebon aegis. It's a saver.

We need a new PvP zone with no awakenings, Pre-prepared gears that can't be changed. & Any pet as regular PvP. It'll be about skills & teamwork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

We need a new PvP zone with no awakenings, Pre-prepared gears that can't be changed. & Any pet as regular PvP. It'll be about skills & teamwork.
    what trips me out is that Cinco had that very idea way back here on the AL forums, but then he made it only for PL (so far).

There its called the "Honor arena" , why its not here, idk -.-'
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Mode without awakes will never happen. No point for sts to do that. It's now about team work as well ask Purge if you want or Precise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    what trips me out is that Cinco had that very idea way back here on the AL forums, but then he made it only for PL (so far).

There its called the "Honor arena" , why its not here, idk -.-'
    Hello, Mr.Bear could you tell me about this mode ? I'd like to imagine it. What is this ? Why its good? Can we have it in Al for your opinion ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Hello, Mr.Bear could you tell me about this mode ? I'd like to imagine it. What is this ? Why its good? Can we have it in Al for your opinion ?
    “Can we have it?” I’d guess yeah, and why not when we can pointlessly fight in one town? lol.
    I thought maybe you had started in pl also? I may be mistaken =)

Here’s some background if u wanted
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ht=Honor+arena
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...vent-this-week!
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...Vanity-WEAPONS!!
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...evel-30-and-up!
    Slightly out of chronological order, oops.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Stephencobear; 07-12-2019 at 11:58 PM.
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    “Can we have it?” I’d guess yeah, and why not when we can pointlessly fight in one town? lol.
    I thought maybe you had started in pl also? I may be mistaken =)

Here’s some background if u wanted
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...vent-this-week!
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...Vanity-WEAPONS!!
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...evel-30-and-up!
    Slightly out of chronological order, oops.
    Cheers
    No, i just like rhino. I'll check all your links, thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Honestly just give up. It's been what? 6 years now? They obviously don't care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

They are aware any big pvp implementations will at least double their profits.

Problem is they don't see doubling profits and dealing with cheaters as a good balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Honestly just give up. It's been what? 6 years now? They obviously don't care.
    You playing this game or just crying on forum about "ohhh they don't care"? They do care otherwise population and activity in the game will be already dead. This topic for people with HOPE we don't need useless negativity here. If you have bright idea to share with community then do it, if not then leave it. Because i see no constructive criticics from you. If you really thinking like that then just give up and change the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

You playing this game or just crying on forum about "ohhh they don't care"? They do care otherwise population and activity in the game will be already dead. This topic for people with HOPE we don't need useless negativity here. If you have bright idea to share with community then do it, if not then leave it. Because i see no constructive criticics from you. If you really thinking like that then just give up and change the game
    People had hope around 6 years ago.

The devs can revisit threads from around 6 years ago to see exactly the point you're making now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Battle royale ofc

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Alwarez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    People had hope around 6 years ago.

The devs can revisit threads from around 6 years ago to see exactly the point you're making now.
    In my opinion, pvp looked well and alive during the years 2014-2016. Overall the game was very well populated. Almost every Map and outpost was full with tons of players. Pvp was pretty balanced where the Mage, Rogue, Warrior whom had stronger and better gear would of been the last to die or first to kill.

Reason why pvp died down since 2016 was because the release of The ‘Awakening System’. Since sts kept releasing new items like belt and artifact, the awakening category grew larger because they also allowed the players to awaken their regular items like ring, amulet, armor and weapon. Since everyone wanted to be better than “the next guy over”. Everyone found out that In order to be better than the rest, they would need to out-tank the challengers. And so began the death of pvp.

Even if they would disable awakenings for pvp, it won’t revive it. It’s a bit too late for that. Maybe a queue system would help but I don’t see pvp recovering after all this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk