Thread: NEW PVP mode, COMPETITIVE PvE & Server based Chat system *BLAST OF IDEAS*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Lightbulb NEW PVP mode, COMPETITIVE PvE & Server based Chat system *BLAST OF IDEAS*

Please pay attention and read carefully, as there's lot thought process behind not just said something without thinking the consequences.

Intro : So before I start, I wanna say that this is not meant to be suggestions but more like some interesting ideas, I'm not calling suggestions because then I'd EXPECT it to happen irrespective what we got from this game considering it's small player base and it's age then sts & cinco knows best the business perspective of current Pl status. It's just for that I'm full of ideas and I love to through interesting ideas that strike my mind at my most favorite game even if the ideas ain't considered here maybe something somewhere at new sts games and when I have an idea the first priority for me is that how much possible effort it need, which I try to keep MINIMAL considering PL status and then also how PL can be beneficial economically doing so.

TLDR? - Before you through the comment, this is an old small game, can't happen all these blah blah, well chill, enjoy some ideas.

So I've here three ideas -
    1> A NEW PVP MODE with some interesting twist & even monetization at PvP. (Well sit back, I'd never vouch for pay 2 win system)
    2> COMPETITIVE PVE (no not that one we do to compete score at pve, REAL COMPETITIVE PVE)
    3> SERVER BASED CHAT SYSTEM (A whole next level of social aspect)

A NEW PVP MODE

Layer 1 : A PvP map without any team where anyone can kill anyone other way saying everybody can kill everybody, Let it be 10 players map, So after 2 minutes initial lobbing time the countdown start, Let's say 5 minutes time to finish the match. One can't revive, gonna stay at ground and watch till the game end, of course without that huge Revive popup image and an option to quit, so he can watch the rest of the fight and then the last man standing alive win the game.
    A) Not much of a hard work I bet
    B) No need a new map
    C) Possible exploitation, I'm gonna talk it latter.

Layer 2 : We can't host the map, we will have to enter it through portal then we need small amount of gold entry fee, whenever we enter and then get it gold back if it wasn't a successful match somehow, even though, it not necessarily have to fill all 10 contestants, maybe 4-5 is enough and then if there's no more player is joining after lobbing time is over, the countdown will start and no other player will be able to join further.

Layer 3 : Any participating player can put a bet on somebody which will require small amount of plat, what it will do, if my favorite player win, upon whom I put the bet of 5 plat (lets say) at beginning of the game, I'll get half of the prize of the winning prize and if not then I'll loose the plat.

Layer 4 : It would be also cool if the bet person (upon whom somebody put a bet) get a small percentage of the prize as well. For an example let's say the last man standing get 10 unit of prize and there were 2 other player put a bet on him, that those two other persons get 5 unit each and the game winning person get 10 (for winning) + 4 (2 unit per bet, there were two betting persons)

Prize : Very interesting again here, so the basic prize of winning is 10 shards (parts of something) and some small amount of gold. 1000 shards can be combined to a vanity at NPC & for these kinda vanity I'd like something with small stats eg 50 armor / damage what the vanity, I'd not care that can be anything existing but the stats I mentioned, what would make it more interesting is that, if the shard is tagged with class name and u can only combine same class type shard into vanity, so let's say if you win shards with bear class, u get bear shards. Finally there can be 5 types of shards because there are 5 classes and more interestingly each type of vanity from these shards will provide different stats for the vanity, for example - Bear shard vanity = +50 Armor, Bird = +50 damage. mage = +25 damage, +25 armor, Rhino = +20 crit, Fox = +50 hit (well i'm not saying here, they are class bound nope not, that they just earned by those classes but can anybody equip with a criteria of L110. Also the final vanity can be tradable with gold or maybe exclusive but stashable, exclusive seems better it will encourage everyone to take part and also earn for each class. So the prizes are available to anyone by winning or by betting & revenue for sts.

Note : 1> I have tagged as layers, becasue first layer is easier to implement than second one and third is more complex, so the idea behind is this, if it's hard to make at least it would be good to get some layers or at least something.
    2> About exploitation : Before the match start, during 2-3 minutes lobby time, you can see a screen of all player names where you can bet and also it's possible to bet on ourselves but it's not possible to identify anybody with this very simple method, there will be ONE SINGLE VANITY which is must to enter the arena and which will turn any class any player same looking. Name, titles and chat is disabled.

COMPETITIVE PVE

The real competitive PvE not score based competition with bit different monetization system and something that will encourage players to play each day and enjoy some pve content daily, all this described below -

Let's take a map, again not host-able, max but not necessarily 5 player's start at the same time, they spwn five different areas of a map and their goal is to reach the center as fast as possible by killing mobs in the path and a mini boss in the path, and the final boss is located at the center. So whoever reached first and got the boss's agro first get the opportunity to kill it, the other player's either can't enter it or will get killed if they do so, now only if the first person who got the aggro of the boss but couldn't kill it, then the second one who can get the aggro of the boss get the chance to kill it. To make it not so easy, During the fight the boss will have some buffs depending upon opponent class (well sometime I thing Why I'm making it more complex, it's because, if I leave that and make one type of buff for every class, then eventually players start to use one type of class to farm it, I don't have problem with that, but only if it to balance otherwise we can have same buff for the boss to keep it simple) The buff might be like- The boss get half of it's health restored in every 4 minutes (balancing is required depending upon the difficulty of the boss) or maybe - Boss get +1000 HP per 4 minute against fox, bird, mage and +500 damage per 4 minutes against bear, rhino (Tank classes)

Now - 1) The dungeon is optimized for solo, as everyone would do solo, there's no co-op
    2) There's only one person out of 5, can kill and get the loot from the boss
    3) Minimum 3 players required if 5 couldn't join during lobby time lets say 2 minutes
    4) No existing elix should work here, that ruin the purpose rather the monetization system is like this - To enter the dungeon we will need keys, Everyone get 5 free keys everyday from a NPC, after that if anyone is interested he can buy more keys, the cost will rise with number you buy, for first 5 keys you spend 5 plat per key for next 5 keys you spend 6 plat per key and like this the number will keep growing but will get reset each day means does not matter how much key you brought yesterday, today you need to spend 5plat per key for first 5 keys.
    5) The mini boss I mention which locate in the path of the everyone can have some chance to drop the keys.

PRIZE : Loot from the boss, again 5 units lets say shards & some gold, and then 5000 shards required to craft a vanity with similar features like pvp ones or just special effect, whatever. Bet system can also be here to multiply the rewards or to get prizes with plat if you're unable to compete and win. This will encourage players to play each day to utilize the free keys each days.

SERVER BASED CHAT SYSTEM or Social aspect to a whole new level

I thought about it a long time ago but then I thought that what the rules and regulations that sts wanna go through etc etc but then I recently played a game with similar features and the chat system is as good as discord without the voice aspect much and then thought if other games are doing this, then maybe why not again it's just a thought.

Probably not a proper term, but by "server based chat" I meant, whenever we start a chat with someone or create a group chat or even for guild chat, there's a dedicated server for that which stays there even if we log off and close the game, we can retrieve and read whatever was said whenever we log in and what more, there can be in game and out of game notifications as well, if I could not explain that, it's simply like discord, imagine the direct message, imagine a group chat etc

Now top of that, one step ahead it's possible to share images in a chat group or friends or atleast the android / iOS keybord emojies available to share, Yes as I mentioned earlier the one game has all these, thats why I said, as good as discord.

-------------------------

Footnote : OK, I wanted to type more but then fingers hurt hahaha, I mean, I can explain or answer anything regarding this if anyone has any question query or criticism.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Waug; 07-10-2019 at 10:09 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Not bad. It's good but the problem is the unbalanced for low levels because of items. If there's no low levels range allowed here then low level PvP are still dead. For me the solution if this idea release, the items required should be the item pack that can be bought for gold in the shop or enchanted items and amulets aren't allowed so that all PvP levels will be back and alive.

Pain what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Sounds like a lot of work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

so another free for all sounds cool

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbattwo View Post
    Sounds like a lot of work
    As he said, this are just ideas.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    SERVER BASED CHAT SYSTEM or Social aspect to a whole new level
    Probably not a proper term, but by "server based chat" I meant, whenever we start a chat with someone or create a group chat or even for guild chat, there's a dedicated server for that which stays there even if we log off and close the game, we can retrieve and read whatever was said whenever we log in and what more, there can be in game and out of game notifications as well, if I could not explain that, it's simply like discord, imagine the direct message, imagine a group chat etc

Now top of that, one step ahead it's possible to share images in a chat group or friends or atleast the android / iOS keybord emojies available to share, Yes as I mentioned earlier the one game has all these, thats why I said, as good as discord.

-------------------------
    I like this idea, but idk how it would look like, if players can share images in-game, there will be problem because they can share passwords directly using image, easy for them buy/sell acc access, maybe I'm wrong I haven't read through fully, but great post, kudos!
    Last edited by TheUnity; 07-10-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I always love new suggestions brought to the table for our favorite game, and I'll always appreciate your passion for the game, Waug.

Here are my thoughts:

+I love the idea of a Battle Royale type PvP mode. Hell, any new mode for PvP would be extremely refreshing.

+ The implementation of rewards and prizes (i.e. 1000 shards for vanities) is a great addition for PvP modes. STS has always been reluctant with PvP prizes, aside from the few PvP events we had -- this goes for AL too, not just PL.

+Betting/Gambling is a cool concept to me in any game. It spices up gameplay by making the virtual world seem more real. It could lead to more spectators and a greater appreciation of tournaments, player rankings, etc. Of course, this type of gambling lays way to a multitude of new problems (though I have trouble sympathizing with people who disagree with a gambling feature, as there are numerous ways in which one can 'gamble' in PL already). Regardless, it's fun to entertain the idea.

+I like the concept of a new PvE mode, but while I see that you err on the side of solo-based PvE, I think that same concept you presented would be better if we have teams of two or three. I'm all about the cooperative spirit of PvE, but that's just me.

+Finally, I really like your idea of alternative chat systems. I actually think integrating a server and/or a global chat (like Order and Chaos) would enhance the players' experience by keeping the entire community interconnected. Think of all the number of lost PL souls that quit the game early on because they couldn't find help in Forest Haven. A global chat could do wonders!

Cool suggestions. Keep the PL spirit rolling

9. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I dont know about the betting with plat but gold would be cool. I really like the speed pve goal that sounds really fun prehaps a lot of the ideas can be introduced as mini games as we’ve always been longing for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I always enjoy threads with new ideas for our game.

Waug you certainly have a competitive nature, in all you do. Why you are a pvper.

And I have noticed your suggestions are all solo mode? I have been drawn to PL because of the team aspect in pvp and farming, we play to enjoy time with friends. Playing solo is not as fun at all. But each to their own.

Your free for all wagers pvp map does sound interesting indeed, again gold as an option would be more open to others especially those who can not get platinum in one way or another.

Your pve solo map regarding who clears the most in the map is also an interesting concept and the reward of crafting an exclusive vanity does sound enticing. But will this map be limited to end game and levels 105 alone? Can the vanity be traded?

Regarding voice chat.

This will revolutionize the game to a new social aspect, however there are issues regarding this.

Pocket Legends is a very old game and we have still many who play the game after 9 years. STS have reiterated on numerous occasions the game is limited because of the age and it supports the older devices still. Being a mobile game. I do not know if voice chat is even an option for STS to implement because of the limited space and power used on smaller and older devices. Even Fornite have encounter issues with voice chat on mobile devices.

The biggest problem with global voice chat is the toxicity. On fornite when you play vs others, you are limited to voice chat within your team alone. Even then you have players who rage and trash talk.

Imagine having a global chat and all the trolls in towne, pvp rivalries, those who just do not get along all screaming and abusing one another. How would STS maintain the level of integrity of duty of care to all the customers and younger players who just want to play for fun without being bullied and picked on?

Regarding server based chat.

Other games have this option and it is only beneficial to those who can not be online at the same time together and you want to give others a message. It is a great addition to the game.

Currently the majority of players do use the discord application for this purpose and much, much more. It is all about being open to meeting others within our community and just not being toxic in order to function in community discord servers.

Again Waug I do love your passion for the game. Keep up the ideas.
    Last edited by Fwend; 07-10-2019 at 06:07 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

One idea I’ve said I’ve wanted for a long time is a way to tell how many hours or minutes you have spent playing the game on your acc. I think it would be cool plus other systems have done it for games like on Xbox or steam you can see how much time you have spent playing a game and even compared to others. I’ve always wanted to know exactly just how much time I’ve put into pl over the years. Plus we already have a way that shows how long ago someone last got on so I feel like tracking overall time would not seem so far fetched.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnity View Post
    I like this idea, but idk how it would look like, if players can share images in-game, there will be problem because they can share passwords directly using image, easy for them buy/sell acc access, maybe I'm wrong I haven't read through fully, but great post, kudos!
    Players can type mail pass if they want, as for exploitation, new exploitation arrive with new features. Definitely STS need serious thinking about such img/gif sharing but even if they limit it to emoji sharing provided by google & iOS keyboards that would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post

+I like the concept of a new PvE mode, but while I see that you err on the side of solo-based PvE, I think that same concept you presented would be better if we have teams of two or three. I'm all about the cooperative spirit of PvE, but that's just me.
    Thanks, nice thoughts. As for competitive PvE, I mean there's already existing maps and 110 maps will be no different but it would be extra to have a map like that. The map is not actually SOLO though I mean, map is solo to play & clear but there's maximum 5 players or maybe more present at the same time won't make us feel lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    I dont know about the betting with plat but gold would be cool. I really like the speed pve goal that sounds really fun prehaps a lot of the ideas can be introduced as mini games as we’ve always been longing for.
    In this whole concept, that's the one & only way for sts to generate some revenue while keeping the game free to win & free to get the prizes. otherwise have to compromise something else which would be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    And I have noticed your suggestions are all solo mode? I have been drawn to PL because of the team aspect in pvp and farming, we play to enjoy time with friends. Playing solo is not as fun at all. But each to their own.
    umm, solo to play but not alone, there's flat maps that feels lonely but this is where we can play with friends. There's already co-op PvE and team based pvp, that's gonna stay same so, we can get to enjoy something bit different first then of course there can be some ideas involving team based pvp / pve
    Your pve solo map regarding who clears the most in the map is also an interesting concept and the reward of crafting an exclusive vanity does sound enticing. But will this map be limited to end game and levels 105 alone? Can the vanity be traded?
    Even if Cinco consider doing something about this, that wouldn't happen before L110 cap, so why not? it could be like one elite 110 map exclusive for endgamers. I'd like it to be not trade-able but stash-able the reason behind this is that, we want involvement of all and there's an way for everyone to get it either compete or pay. Most interesting aspect is that paying here doesn't impact other player's gaming experience, some games are so much so that if u pay they will let u crush free player base, we call them p2w XD. This is just basic model, if accepted we can polish it to make perfect.
    Regarding voice chat.

This will revolutionize the game to a new social aspect, however there are issues regarding this.

Pocket Legends is a very old game and we have still many who play the game after 9 years. STS have reiterated on numerous occasions the game is limited because of the age and it supports the older devices still. Being a mobile game. I do not know if voice chat is even an option for STS to implement because of the limited space and power used on smaller and older devices. Even Fornite have encounter issues with voice chat on mobile devices.

The biggest problem with global voice chat is the toxicity. On fornite when you play vs others, you are limited to voice chat within your team alone. Even then you have players who rage and trash talk.

Imagine having a global chat and all the trolls in towne, pvp rivalries, those who just do not get along all screaming and abusing one another. How would STS maintain the level of integrity of duty of care to all the customers and younger players who just want to play for fun without being bullied and picked on?
    I myself havn't talk about voice chat implementation, I kept it limited to text/emoji/image/gifs if not then limited to only emojis provided by google / ios keybords. Maybe image is only limited to profile picture if any. If there's a global chat, then maybe 10-20 sec cool down time of texting would make it less spam.

Regarding server based chat.

Other games have this option and it is only beneficial to those who can not be online at the same time together and you want to give others a message. It is a great addition to the game.

Currently the majority of players do use the discord application for this purpose and much, much more. It is all about being open to meeting others within our community and just not being toxic in order to function in community discord servers.

Again Waug I do love your passion for the game. Keep up the ideas.
    Ya discord is there, but in game sophisticated chat is is pretty attractive feature to make the game strong and feel more attached to game not make discord stronger even though discord is needed to serve other purpose, that is there. Thanks for taking interest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Seems...Groovy👀

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SAVAGEXWHOX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i think we should add pve content, low levels got noone to level up with :/