Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite awakens are a scam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Elite awakens are a scam

After spending upwards of 600 elite awakens to reawaken my arcane ring, I have come to the realisation that this game is a complete scam. Only on my very last awake did I manage to get an awaken with 250 armor, and since there are four slots you would think my chances would be a bit better than that!

I wish I could tell you exactly how many elite boss damage and mana regen awakens I got. This game encourages gambling and I feel like an idiot for thinking I could continue to enjoy this game, in the current meta of having to spend THOUSANDS of dollars to achieve good gears. And the moderators are asking how they can improve the game? How about create a system where at least spending your money is going to GUARANTEE getting what you are paying for!

Just to break it down, that’s 3000 plat worth of awakens, or close to $200 USD which has failed to yield anything close to what I was aiming for (400 armor). The only reason I CONTINUE to play this game is because of relationships I created when this game wasn’t completely luck based. How does STS expect new players to come and enjoy this game? Let’s face it the developers are doing everything they can to squeeze the last pennies out of players before this game completely dies. I hope someone in the STS office reads this and decides that it’s time to overhaul the game and at least develop a system where your money buys you what you want!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Olympus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

The awakes lately have been so terrible,I spent more and ebon armour trying to awake it with just one good awake than the actual armour cost,that isn't even a joke sadly,start should actually try to better the odds for these awakes

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to breywolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I guess anything is about luck here. You can get what you were dreaming after just few tries, or spend TOO much and get in the end worse than you had had. Sounds funny but it's about luck. Maybe if you feel unlucky is better to buy directly the item you're looking for with good awakens into it already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

It's all about luck and I'll tell u that $200 won't get you the best items in the game. There used to be a player who spent 10k to get the best items like the Dragon arcane ring and other op items. Guess what happened when everyone started to have such items? Rage quit. Just play within your means and you don't have to have the best of the best items.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

There has to be an algorithm with this “luck”, as trash awakenings pop up more often than ones that are actually useful. In other words, spend at your own risk.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Drone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

RNG is a way of somehow preventing pay to win in this game. Fair enough tho.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Just buy the gear with the awake you want, chances are the person you buy from used 10-20 gems max.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

It’s all about luck my guy. I used about 2m on elite awakening and got 425 armor awake on a venom amulet

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pleasant For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Play for enjoyment. Do not play for anxiety. If you think xxx will get you exactly what you want, and you will scream and throw things around when it doesn't, time to go for a walk.

Star light, star bright...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Play for enjoyment. Do not play for anxiety. If you think xxx will get you exactly what you want, and you will scream and throw things around when it doesn't, time to go for a walk.
    Yeah, good point Fierce.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    I have come to the realisation that this game is a complete scam.
    Well its pay to win. They're pretty obvious about it, and make no efforts to hide it or convince players otherwise.

As far as spending goes, its never really worth the money to awaken anything, nor spend plat to open chests. Too much randomness both with awakens and chests. Just on awakens alone I count a possible 101 options at each tier, so trying to get a specific combination on the ring would be:

1 in 101 chance of getting the first
    1 in 10,201 chance of getting the second
    1 in 1,030,301 chance of getting the third
    1 in 104,060,401 chance of getting the fourth

Some state lotteries have better chances than that to win the jackpot, so there's that. Probably not *exact* math chances but you get the idea.

It *is* profitable to instead buy up elite gems with plat or gold on sale, then sell them on the AH when the price is right. Its also worth it to buy chests on the cheap, sit on them for awhile then resell them for more. After some years of playing I think I've opened maybe one plat chest, then quickly realized my folly when I could just buy the precise item I wanted from the AH that was 'good enough' for my needs.

If you realize you'll never get the perfect gear rolls, as long as you're content with that then you'll enjoy the game.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Deezey For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

So everyone's opinion is wrong except yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

What about an Option to Lock/Unlock an Awakening of your choice for an amount of gold/plat?

(eg. you got 50%gl on first slot, you can lock it for an x amount of gold/plat then the next time you re-awake, only the remaining slots will be touched.)

also, the price to lock an awakening will increase as you proceed with the rest of the slots.

No hate tho, just my opinion.
    Last edited by Enraged; 07-14-2019 at 10:48 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enraged For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enraged View Post
    What about an Option to Lock/Unlock an Awakening of your choice for an amount of gold/plat?

(eg. you got 50%gl on first slot, you can lock it for an x amount of gold/plat then the next time you re-awake, only the remaining slots will be touched.)

also, the price to lock an awakening will increase as you proceed with the rest of the slots.

No hate tho, just my opinion.
    extremely bad idea. otherwise you see 4%,4%,4%,4% armor in auction or 100gl,100gl,100gl,100gl priced for 500m.
    and this will destroy the game.
    IGN: Jairrus
    Character: Warrior (always)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Dw bro i spent 50 m on ring to just get 300 armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I play Pocket Legends and on PL we understand the pure frustration and luck involved with re-roll of enchantments.

What we did was offer solutions and earlier this year on the 5th April we received this update

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...pdate-(263900)

Futumsh said:
    + Enchantment slots can now be saved after all available slots have been unlocked for that item. Saving slots allows you to keep specific enchantments while re-rolling others! Base costs for Enchantments have been increased. Saving slots increases the amount of gold and/or Platinum required to re-roll.
    So now on PL we have the ability to lock enchantment slots that we desire and the cost of enchanting further goes up, but our perfect enchantment slots can be saved.

Cost to enchant

4 slots unlocked - 10k gold or 10 Platinum
    3 slots unlocked, 1 slot locked - 35k gold or 35 platinum
    2 slots unlocked, 2 slots locked - 60k gold or 60 platinum
    1 slot unlocked, 3 slots locked - 85k gold or 85 platinum

I do hope STS are willing to add this innovation to enchantments on Arcane Legends as well.
    Last edited by Fwend; 07-15-2019 at 02:56 AM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    After spending upwards of 600 elite awakens to reawaken my arcane ring, I have come to the realisation that this game is a complete scam. Only on my very last awake did I manage to get an awaken with 250 armor, and since there are four slots you would think my chances would be a bit better than that!

I wish I could tell you exactly how many elite boss damage and mana regen awakens I got. This game encourages gambling and I feel like an idiot for thinking I could continue to enjoy this game, in the current meta of having to spend THOUSANDS of dollars to achieve good gears. And the moderators are asking how they can improve the game? How about create a system where at least spending your money is going to GUARANTEE getting what you are paying for!

Just to break it down, that’s 3000 plat worth of awakens, or close to $200 USD which has failed to yield anything close to what I was aiming for (400 armor). The only reason I CONTINUE to play this game is because of relationships I created when this game wasn’t completely luck based. How does STS expect new players to come and enjoy this game? Let’s face it the developers are doing everything they can to squeeze the last pennies out of players before this game completely dies. I hope someone in the STS office reads this and decides that it’s time to overhaul the game and at least develop a system where your money buys you what you want!
    This is not the place to moan about being unlucky. Deal with it. You'll be unlucky plenty of times in the future.
    Sts doesn't owe you anything so you preserve no special treatment when it comes to RnG, get over it and buy the awakens u want from auction next time. Good day to u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by breywolf View Post
    Morons and sheep abound and sadly think thier opinions are relevant

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk
    No idea who you are to tell people's opinions aren't relevant.
    Get off your high horse because you sound like a total mug. Ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    I play Pocket Legends and on PL we understand the pure frustration and luck involved with re-roll of enchantments.

What we did was offer solutions and earlier this year on the 5th April we received this update

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...pdate-(263900)

So now on PL we have the ability to lock enchantment slots that we desire and the cost of enchanting further goes up, but our perfect enchantment slots can be saved.

Cost to enchant

4 slots unlocked - 10k gold or 10 Platinum
    3 slots unlocked, 1 slot locked - 35k gold or 35 platinum
    2 slots unlocked, 2 slots locked - 60k gold or 60 platinum
    1 slot unlocked, 3 slots locked - 85k gold or 85 platinum

I do hope STS are willing to add this innovation to enchantments on Arcane Legends as well.
    good idea. then with awaken gem, the cost to awake increase from 1>3>6>9?
    IGN: Jairrus
    Character: Warrior (always)

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Jairus980 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

I disagree with locking enhancements, even when 400 gl weapon sound more than good.