Thread: Voleria...know before you go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Voleria...know before you go

Ok, hopefully this will help people going to Voleria avoid annoying the friendly Op or Eng in your group.

DO NOT walk over mines when an operative is disarming it. It's the candy red shiny blipping thing on the ground. You may live after you murder your Op or other party mates with these bouncing betties, but don't be surprised if they come out of their tree on you after you do it the 50th freakin time.

DO NOT claim the pointy headed skorn sniper guys who make the crosshairs appear on your forehead ARE NOT snipers. You just annoy everyone else who knows better after you say "WTH" or "wut's killing me??" and they calmly say "maybe the guy putting his laser through your cerebral cortex." Please just learn after dying for the 20th time in the level that you have to move around to avoid the crosshairs and kill those guys first.

And for the love of sweet jeebus, as your face hits the floor don't start spamming "heal!" or "rev" "rev now" to the eng. Those guys are trying their darndest to keep us all up and going. Keep walking over mines and standing still all pretty for the snipers and don't be surprised if your op or engie bails.

k, rant off.

Seriously, though, Voleria is an awesome addition to SL. It's fun, it's challenging. Everyone has a job to do, let em do it.

Lochaber

PS see Kahlua's thread, lots of good survival stuff there in general.
    Last edited by Dartagnian; 12-17-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Thank you very much for this guide. Last night I was in Voleria for the first time, and I was absolutely shocked when the aforementioned sniper decided his weapon needed target practice on my bright red Holiday Hat. My reaction was "Errr, what just killed me?” Fortunately, the PUG I was running with were excellent and taught me the ropes of Voleria. Things like that keep me playing SL.
    Zakalwe, level 40 Scorn Engineer, Officer in Dark Legion
    Zakalwe, level 25 Vampire, member of Dark Legion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I love PUG's.

Just to be sure I'm coming across the right way know that my dripping sarcasm is meant solely for those who repeat mistakes a ridiculous amount of times and don't want advice.

Add me in game, I'd love to run with ya.

Lochaber

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dartagnian View Post
    I love PUG's.

Just to be sure I'm coming across the right way know that my dripping sarcasm is meant solely for those who repeat mistakes a ridiculous amount of times and don't want advice.

Add me in game, I'd love to run with ya.

Lochaber
    Sure I'll add you next time I'm online!
    Zakalwe, level 40 Scorn Engineer, Officer in Dark Legion
    Zakalwe, level 25 Vampire, member of Dark Legion