Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've been thinking...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Default I've been thinking...

Why do we as humans have selfishness?

We dont get something we want and we get mad and angry.

We dont like something we get mad/angry.

I understand its our nature, but lately I've been getting a little ****ed on the forums , because of all these, I hate Dev Threads and Im mad at the devs!

I know I have no room to talk I was just saying those things the day the update came, but I've thought hard on the subject and changed my mind.

I'm seriously thinking about quitting the forums if this negitivity dont stop.

I relized the devs do hard work for us Players , I mean They May not have all the time in the world to make what each individual wants but there good at what they do.

If ya'll are wondering why everythings plat now, check out the economy. You older people would know.

I'm just asking don't blame the developers for all the little things, There games are still addictive and great as ever!

If so many of you are complaining then why you buying plat, and spamming elixers and going to winter events and buying Plat packs and Yada yada yada?

It's your choice to buy those not the devs, so please just cooperate with me on this.

Leave Feedback (Not a Flame War, please!)

~Paar
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paar View Post

I understand its our nature, but lately I've been getting a little ****ed on the forums , because of all these, I hate Dev Threads and Im mad at the devs!

I know I have no room to talk I was just saying those things the day the update came, but I've thought hard on the
    subject and changed my mind.

I relized the devs do hard work for us Players , I mean They May not have all the time in the world to make what each individual wants but there good at what they do.

If ya'll are wondering why everythings plat now, check out the economy. You older people would know.

I'm just asking don't blame the developers for all the little things, There games are still addictive and great as ever!

If so many of you are complaining then why you buying plat, and spamming elixers and going to winter
    events and
    buying Plat packs and Yada yada yada?

It's your choice to buy those not the devs, so please just cooperate with me on this.

~Paar
    I ken what you say about the economy - if you watched the news for a while for the first time ever, you'd be forgiven for thinking the world was approaching the end. I completely agree with you, Paar. The dev teams of SL and PL are very involved with their communities, and DESPITE conflicting ideas and feedback they still do their best by the players and try to keep everyone happy. Isn't that the brighter side of human nature?
    Zakalwe, level 40 Scorn Engineer, Officer in Dark Legion
    Zakalwe, level 25 Vampire, member of Dark Legion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I thought their games can be played without paying a cent. People get mad over the extras... there wasn't as much passion for happiness when they announced all the mid campaigns on PL will be free...

Take a minute to just put yourself in the shoes of the devs. (Not directed at OP)

Vampire the Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Thanks
    Guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Agreed. Humans are naturally selfish and that'll be our curse for the rest of our lives on Earth. These devs work hard on this company and try to do their best for everyone. I think it was a major drop to plat sales when the main story spine came out for PL; by the devs for the players. Flip asked joined some people's games and asked us if we liked Vularia, any thoughts and questions, and before he left after answering our questions, he offers all the current antennas. These developers love to work with us. If the world wasn't ruled by childish rulers that can't talk to each other without killing someone, this game would be like a dream to lots of players.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I agree with OP 100%, don't get me wrong I myself don't really agree with the recent plat per run holiday thing, but that being said i think the devs are getting the bad end of the stick. They are real involved in the community and i think listen to their players real well. Hell, I've never even bought plat before, I've saved up from tapjoy offers and twitter contest win etc and i have never once really had an issue with anything plat costing. I'm only lvl 63, and I have had alot of fun leveling up with friends and messing around in game and meeting new people, isn't that what it's all about? as much as I'd like to have some of the "extras" I do realize its just a game and I'm thankful they listen to their community so well, and allow me to play free of charge from start to finish. - sorry so long

IGN: ItsCas (Lvl 65 Warrior) - Feel free to add me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I agree however, I think it is mainly the WAY that the devs are making their money that is ticking people. For instance check daily deal in pocket legends. Is that really necessary? As well people wouldn't mind paying a butload of plat for WF permenantly, but when we feel "nickel and dimed" to death its discouraging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

In this game there is a small element of Pavlovian conditioning at work. W are used to things as they were in the past, they provided us with the " rewards " we sought for certain actions. The nature of the actions we must perform are changing, and some can no longer perform those actions, or think they are being unduely put upon, to get the "shiney things"...

Also, add to this that in the past the dev's have proven that if people scream loudly enough, they would often change the rules to accomidate the vocal minority.

Given these conditions, it's no surprise to me that any changes that restrict the players access to" free goodies " would be met with a lot of rage and resistance...

Just my opinion, though...

G

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I'm actually ecstatic you can play games as amazing as these free, especially during this economic downturn. I personally am not allowed Platinum, but I think that the Plat stuff is just add-ons, mostly for vanity. If you want to do that, K, but isn't it enough to have such epic (in both meanings of the word) free games?
    Zakalwe, level 40 Scorn Engineer, Officer in Dark Legion
    Zakalwe, level 25 Vampire, member of Dark Legion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I am a negative person.
    I like to be brutally honest.

And let's be brutally honest: The community makes the game.
    PL isn't even the best mobile game out there.
    O&C is. But OC isn't the top dog because their community is horrible. And their devs don't pay attention to anything O&C players have issues with. Which is kinda the path PL is taking now, imo.

Sorry for the negativity. I like your positivity, and it's one of the many flaws I have as a human being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Im sorry to ask these "noob" Questions but, whats OP & O&C Mean?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paar:514783
    Im sorry to ask these "noob" Questions but, whats OP & O&C Mean?
    I think O&C means Order and Chaos (If it has a terrible community and developers, how is it better than STS's games?) Which costs money to play I think (let me check again)
    OP means official/oppening post like the first one that started the thread.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    I think O&C means Order and Chaos (If it has a terrible community and developers, how is it better than STS's games?) Which costs money to play I think (let me check again)
    OP means official/oppening post like the first one that started the thread.
    What I'm saying is the gameplay is better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default ummmmmm. NO

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    In this game there is a small element of Pavlovian conditioning at work. W are used to things as they were in the past, they provided us with the " rewards " we sought for certain actions. The nature of the actions we must perform are changing, and some can no longer perform those actions, or think they are being unduely put upon, to get the "shiney things"...

Also, add to this that in the past the dev's have proven that if people scream loudly enough, they would often change the rules to accomidate the vocal minority.

Given these conditions, it's no surprise to me that any changes that restrict the players access to" free goodies " would be met with a lot of rage and resistance...

Just my opinion, though...

G
    YOU have stated several times that the community is crying out for FREE items, not only in this thread but others as well. Please read the majority opinion before stating a blatantly false statement. What we want is a flat one time fee for access to WinterFest that is not linked to boss kills. Give us 1-4hour access for 30-50 plat or an all access plat for 500plat. Those figures are mine but the idea has been stated by many.

And yes, we ARE vocal would you rather us be silent when asked for feedback? How about we stop voting too? I mean, only a small minority vote in local elections etc, do you consider or call those that do their civic duty by voting, i.e. VOICING THEIR OPINION, screaming ragers too?

BTW, the game that you so adamantly defend and those features you love? Thank the community and the devs for listening, because without our feedback (that you call raging and screaming) some of them would have never been put in place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Yes, they have been working their "best" but what is their "best"? It seems that their best effort is less than what it used to be. Don't get me wrong, I love the devs and this community, but I like how it was when the "best" was when all pl players were amazed by the campaigns, when there were no sloppy dungeons and mobs, and when the devs actually listened and used our feedback. I'm starting to notice a less fun environment in forums and in game. It seems to be more of a distant, business like relationship. I will continue to support them, but my enthusiasm to do that is declining too. Blame it on the economy, the money, whatever, but now it seems that sts makes players who don't buy plat have the lowest quality game play to make them buy plat. Yeah, it's an option, but when everyone else around you has plat, it's harder to enjoy the game. Just my $.02 :/

North Pole, Alaska...(i am dead serious).
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that if you want to play the #1 mobile
    Mmo which is free-to-play and all game content(other than pvp maps and vanity items) is free thanks to STS making the "main spine" free. Nobody should be complaining.. If you are very lazy and hate the game because you want more inventory slots or mad because you cannot participate in a special event for vanitys that will likely be worn only a couple times is simply selfish.. With all the amazing and enormous amount of content that has been worked on for countless hours by the development team, they should without a doubt be paid for their hard work and not be "flamed" for needing the support from us to continue providing everyone this content..
    I understand that new vanities are hot...for a minute...but with so many of them they never stay in style for to long.. Besides is it just me or are rabbit ears and hooch hats just as cool as any other vanity? They were even nice enough to give us any "tradeable" vanitys in the first place for the players who simply cannot afford plat. As if not generous enough, they even added tapjoy for those players so that they could atleast get a platinum item they might have wanted for some time.. Very considerate of the dev team right?
    I think as it is right now the plat items And prices are as they should be. Somebody who wants to spend $5.00 on one vanity item should be able to enjoy it without haters saying "plat buyer"! Anyways.. Who knows, as generous The dev team Has been to provide tradeable vanitys, tapjoy, main-spine and even gcd to help the new players have a chance in pvp it would not be a suprise if they have new content comming that might encourage non-plat buyers to feel rewarded in some way.
    Just keep in mind you are playing a game that you can gain max level in, attain max cash, play pvp and ctf in, get the "best"engame gear and all of that without ever buying any platinum. People really have room to complain? Two words. NOT COOl.
    BANNED.R.I.P:UDIEMORENOOB[lvl 35 copperbear].|UNOOBSDIEMORE[lvl 65 int mage]|OZANK[lvl 50 pre-gcd Pvp pally]|LEETSTASH[lvl 4 Nontradeables stash]|TEHZ[lvl 26 pvp mage]SL:UDIEMORENOOB[lvl 27 commando]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Nicely said udiemorenoob!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Paar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kallima View Post
    YOU have stated several times that the community is crying out for FREE items, not only in this thread but others as well. Please read the majority opinion before stating a blatantly false statement. What we want is a flat one time fee for access to WinterFest that is not linked to boss kills. Give us 1-4hour access for 30-50 plat or an all access plat for 500plat. Those figures are mine but the idea has been stated by many.

And yes, we ARE vocal would you rather us be silent when asked for feedback? How about we stop voting too? I mean, only a small minority vote in local elections etc, do you consider or call those that do their civic duty by voting, i.e. VOICING THEIR OPINION, screaming ragers too?

BTW, the game that you so adamantly defend and those features you love? Thank the community and the devs for listening, because without our feedback (that you call raging and screaming) some of them would have never been put in place.
    I'm sorry you disagree, but my post was just my opinion, based on some well known and well observed psychological principles. You can disagee with with my choice of words, if you like, you can even use even more words in capital letters to prove you're not raging, if you like, but my argument will remain psychologically sound...

Best,
    G

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paar View Post

I know I have no room to talk I was just saying those things the day the update came, but I've thought hard on the subject and changed my mind.

If so many of you are complaining then why you buying plat, and spamming elixers and going to winter events and buying Plat packs and Yada yada yada?

~Paar
    Paar great post!!! hey the world is not perfect - old saying it is what happens to you in life it is how you handle it!!!

i think the devs have been doing a great job... keep it up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    I'm sorry you disagree, but my post was just my opinion, based on some well known and well observed psychological principles. You can disagee with with my choice of words, if you like, you can even use even more words in capital letters to prove you're not raging, if you like, but my argument will remain psychologically sound...

Best,
    G
    Then maybe base your "opinion" on actual feedback and NOT arbitrary formulations. Go to the WF feedback thread and count how many posters screamed for WF to be free, then count how many actually said make it 30-50 plat not linked to boss kills or an all access pass for much more plat.

You are entitled to your "opinion" but base it off actual information.
    Last edited by Firead; 12-17-2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: removed inflammatory comment