Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Thoughts on 110

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default Thoughts on 110

So I enjoyed the whole leveling process, taking it back to old school, and giving me something to hard grind for, definitely didn't mind putting in the hours to reach fast cap.

The vanity I think is a great touch along with the pet, and while I'm grateful to get a 3 for 1 deal, after receiving so many pm's asking "Can I see your pet" with most responses being "Oh, it's basically just a tinsel" I can't help but think, why is the pet only a small percentage better than one that already exists?

The last thing I would like to share is when running Onyx Castle and Dragon Antechamber, there will be a few times during each run that monsters will freeze and then have to wait up to 20 seconds before they reset, is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Would love to hear a response, thank you ahead of time.
    Last edited by Aoeqt; 07-27-2019 at 07:58 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aoeqt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

1) New pet isn’t insanely powerful compared to the existing ones because it looks like STS is trying to prevent powercreep. For the sake of brevity I won’t explain what powercreep is, but if you don’t know what it is you can google a simple explanation

2) The mobs have a very small area they can move to before they reset. This is similar to those of the 105 cap. I assume this was done to prevent the well-known strategy of grouping all the mobs in a level together and using an AOE staff to kill them all at once. Easy way to prevent the resets is to stand next to a wall when you first attack a new enemy and to stand still while fighting. Their onyx blast won’t move you much since you’re next to a wall, and because you won’t be moving, the mobs won’t have a reason to reset.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    1) New pet isn’t insanely powerful compared to the existing ones because it looks like STS is trying to prevent powercreep. For the sake of brevity I won’t explain what powercreep is, but if you don’t know what it is you can google a simple explanation

2) The mobs have a very small area they can move to before they reset. This is similar to those of the 105 cap. I assume this was done to prevent the well-known strategy of grouping all the mobs in a level together and using an AOE staff to kill them all at once. Easy way to prevent the resets is to stand next to a wall when you first attack a new enemy and to stand still while fighting. Their onyx blast won’t move you much since you’re next to a wall, and because you won’t be moving, the mobs won’t have a reason to reset.
    I definitely understand your first point so thank you for that, with the second talking about mobs, in these areas you almost have to pull the first half out, if you run in it will be nearly an instant wipe for the whole team. Even so let's say you are able to successfully pull some / most that you want to, there is a bug where you are basically getting flown out of the room but in reality you are still in there just taking damage, while not being able to damage them.

There were even two instances where I went into the room and right away I get hard pushed into a corner, just being frozen there from all of the knockbacks, and with all of the aggro on me, after my team and I successfully clear them all, I found myself completely frozen in place not being able to move. Had to leave and re-join the lobby.
    Last edited by Aoeqt; 07-27-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Definitely agree with you pet need to be 3.5k damage and health not 3k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Yes, palm is talking about a real situation here, mobs pulls you away and then they get reset, lol that's funny and then they waste time to get reset. 1> If mobs need to get back, they should get back without wasting time 2> Then it would make sense that this require players to clear through without grouping them all and kill together.
    I'd say this is a long time glitch, that was never fixed or it has been a lazy way to reset AI.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I'm loving the content (granted, I'm waiting until fast cap is over). Congrats again on hitting that 110, Palm!

I personally would like the mob mechanics to be cleaned up a bit. I'm not a fan at all of being pushed around constantly by the mobs, but I understand players are looking more for a challenge when it comes to PvE (I just don't think it's the right challenge).

I also hope that the mob health reset can be cleaned up. Too often I find myself waiting longer than I feel like I should for mobs to reset. It certainly takes away from the flow of the PvE.

Also, Palm -- have you had any luck farming legendaries/elites/mythics at 110 yet? Would love to hear about that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Default Thoughts on 110

Thanks for the feedback! I recommend you try to get a Greatdragon shield if you hate that push back ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I'm loving the content (granted, I'm waiting until fast cap is over). Congrats again on hitting that 110, Palm!

I personally would like the mob mechanics to be cleaned up a bit. I'm not a fan at all of being pushed around constantly by the mobs, but I understand players are looking more for a challenge when it comes to PvE (I just don't think it's the right challenge).

I also hope that the mob health reset can be cleaned up. Too often I find myself waiting longer than I feel like I should for mobs to reset. It certainly takes away from the flow of the PvE.

Also, Palm -- have you had any luck farming legendaries/elites/mythics at 110 yet? Would love to hear about that.
    As of right now so far, after doing about 40-50 runs, I have gotten 1 elite and 2 legendaries. I haven't not seen nor heard of any golden chests and mythical items dropping from Ebonthrax yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Congratulations for being the first to cap to level 110 in this new campaign of The Legend of Ebonthrax.

It would be appreciated if the stats bonuses that Lil'Thrax award you are slightly better.

I agree that the pull range of the mobs is small, and I do hope Cinco increases it slightly in Map 4: The Dragon Antechamber.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Imo i think lil thrax should include 3k armor. Those antechamber skeletons pack a punch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    Imo i think lil thrax should include 3k armor. Those antechamber skeletons pack a punch

I support this, doesn’t make it op at all. Warbird still provides more armor, but this change would make new pet a lot more viable
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    Congratulations for being the first to cap to level 110 in this new campaign of The Legend of Ebonthrax.

It would be appreciated if the stats bonuses that Lil'Thrax award you are slightly better.

I agree that the pull range of the mobs is small, and I do hope Cinco increases it slightly in Map 4: The Dragon Antechamber.
    Thank you Sunny Decided to give myself a challenge coming into this cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

The answer is very simple!!

Make Lil Thrax >>> THRAX
    By combining Gleam+Tinsel+Lil’Thrax

And would be nice if it has more damage than Warbird.....Its kind of a lame dragon atm T_T

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkterror For This Useful Post: