Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My personal opinion on volaria,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default My personal opinion on volaria,

Here are a few thing that aggravate me and need to be changed...
    First of all enemies are too hard! They are like the frog heads of sy5
    Getting dazed then pushed on land mine to be exploded is not fun!
    Kd ratio killer
    Commando 41 chest!!??!?!?!
    Where my sParkles for custom set
    No custom set bonus?
    Where are new epic guns ??
    Have to be 40 for purple? And drops way too common not a boss drop??
    We all look like fishes!!
    Without enhancers 41 near impossible
    No vanity set bonus? Whattt we worked hard for these ( by we I don't mean me I mean try hards like my guildy artstar.. Jkayy I love u art)
    What issssssss upppppp wiiiithhhhh thhhheeeeeee Fruity colors?
    I want to be a scary huge mando like lv 30 armor that way I can feel more secure about myself....whhhattt???
    Why is are the end levels of vol easier then beginning?
    Vol people look like lv 40s can't tell difference..
    Snipers are annoying my suggestion make Land mines and snipers only take away fraction of health can't count the amount of times I died cuz someone ran over mine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I think every update adds anothere 20 days to get to the elite level cap without enchancers

For shipyards if u played one hour every day u would get 1000 xp so it would take fifty days

And for Voleria u get 400 every hour so if u played one hour everyday it takes seventy days

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I really like Voleria.

It was beautifully designed visually.

I actually like all the different traps and whatnot that you have to watch out for.

In one of the first run-throughs I did, the group I was in finished the whole campaign, all the same players, I think. This is the way I like to play a game. Run through the whole map, the whole campaign, kill everything.

But, it looks like "the grinding spot" has been found already. This actually saddens me.

To be honest, I think STS needs to think outside of the box when it comes to XP. They need to figure out a system that encourages full campaign runs. Something along the lines of, if you go start to finish on all maps, your XP progressively goes up at a faster rate so that x amount of time doing the full campaign generates more xp than x amount of time at a grinding spot over and over.

After all, if the whole point of the time spent designing this stuff was for people to only use 5% of the content, why not just eliminate the other 95%?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drewcapu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu:515398
    I really like Voleria.

I actually like all the different traps and whatnot that you have to watch out for.

In one of the first run-throughs I did, the group I was in finished the whole campaign, all the same players, I think. This is the way I like to play a game. Run through the whole map, the whole campaign, kill everything.

But, it looks like "the grinding spot" has been found already. This actually saddens me.

To be honest, I think STS needs to think outside of the box when it comes to XP. They need to figure out a system that encourages full campaign runs. Something along the lines of, if you go start to finish on all maps, your XP progressively goes up at a faster rate so that x amount of time doing the full campaign generates more xp than x amount of time at a grinding spot over and over.

After all, if the whole point of the time spent designing this stuff was for people to only use 5% of the content, why not just eliminate the other 95%?
    Good Post, +10
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Visually, the new content is stunning. The outdoor maps and new unique enemies make gameplay very enjoyable, and the hard work put into it all is evident. (personal favorite: the airdropped troops in the first few levels)

However, there isn't much to do. The system is flawed, because when making drops that common, it makes money-making impossible, and takes away the hunt for top-level gear. The difficulty is good, and the traps require players to develop actual skill! But it's become nothing but a large xp-grind.

--

If I were to suggest something, I would make the bosses in the first few levels yield large amounts of xp to encourage alternate methods of leveling. And some pink drops, each from a different boss (like AO3 in PL), would give us something to hunt for.
    Last edited by Nightarcher; 12-17-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    If I were to suggest something, I would make the bosses in the first few levels yield large amounts of xp to encourage alternate methods of leveling. And some pink drops, each from a different boss (like AO3 in PL), would give us something to hunt for.
    I've always been for bosses and mini-bosses giving a lot more xp for their trouble.

I mean, come on, shouldn't the MF give at least 20 xp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Lower the epic rates... Add lvl 40 epic weapons.... Add bonuses for having two vanities (elite ones)... Lower the amount of exp needed for 40 which is insane when you look at how much you make in an hour. It's a long list and I hope I'm not rushing the developers. (I know you are reading this)

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

if u play one hour everyay without enchancers

you will get from 39 to 40 in excatly one week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    I really like Voleria.

I 100% agree with this, the sad thing is, you need to be lv40 to loot purples and it really ruins the idea of "casual" gaming.

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Make the exp gain from boss higher.

Make the exp gain more in the further part of the map.

Make the epic drop better on boss.

*DivineHawkz -46 Operative
    Tired and sad but fun.. - Feitan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I would really like to see this.

Maybe a boss count in a campaign? Just for the campaign, so if you leave, it can reset, but if you continue to the next level, the count continues and it gives you an xp bonus. So if there're 5 bosses per campaign and 5 minibosses, the bosses would count as 1 pt, the minibosses 1/2 point and you get about 15% xp per point, so by the end boss you'll get almost double your normal xp? In addition to group bonuses, etc.?

Just a thought. Maybe it needs to be 1/2 that once group bonuses and elixirs are taken into account, but anyways a boss bonus for continuing to the next level in a campaign would be cool, with the bonus continuing as you advance in the campaign.

Of course, if you leave and come back, your count will be reset.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I agree with the gradual exp raiser per continuing the levels idea. This'll stop the mindless grinding and will start revealling all of the area instead of being stuck in the mines the entire time I'm at Volaria.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Umm, you know when the update came 2 days after the update i saw some lvl 41's . Like Artstar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I don't like the cut scenes. It is hard to target things with no control. Has anyone figured out a pattern for them so that I can avoid them lol meaning the cut scenes.
    I love the graphics and colors, I like a challenge, but please allow me to control my character all the way through the zone.
    Last edited by Sassinya; 12-18-2011 at 02:32 AM.
    -- Act and you will have dinner, do nothing and you will BE dinner - Gowron, Klingon High Council--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sassinya View Post
    I don't like the cut scenes. It is hard to target things with no control. Has anyone figured out a pattern for them so that I can avoid them lol meaning the cut scenes.
    I love the graphics and colors, I like a challenge, but please allow me to control my character all the way through the zone.
    Menu - options - disable camera effects. - this will cut cutscenes.. Lol

To the point of post:

1) i LOVE Volaria. Its great it has so many new challenges!
    2) grinding on spots IS boring, so i prefer full campaign runs (if anyone else do - add me and feel free to join in game)
    3) vanity set bunus comes with COMPLETE SET, so it will b available after 3 new updates
    4) there ARE epic guns, but the drop rate is more rare - go check crafting station to get the names of those guns!
    5) armor looks like we r scorns? So what - it add another little challenge to the game! anyway its better than SY
    6) enemies too hard?? You made me laugh! I did solos on first levels (stims consuming but fun)))
    7) no bubbles? NO BUBBLES? Man, are you 6 y.o. and play for bubbles? Lol

To sum-up - Voleria is the best and most interesting map up to date with its own freaky tricks and it IS great. Stay tuned for my version of personal vision of it soon

P.S.
    I totally support idea of xp bonuses for full runs
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

I really like Voleria.

Totally agree, but this map is pretty grind proof over all.
    I love it, unless you have a leet team on grinds, you'll have a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hard time reaching 40 and probably never reach 41 with the rate I see some people go.
    People really need to learn the map and work together, which I love, but people don't always listen is the only downside.
    I HATE that people pull mobs they cant handle, I can't even handle them at 41 this is NOT the Shipyard people.
    Listen to your ring leaders, learn where the mines are, stay close to walls when purple enemies are targeting you (to avoid knock-backs into mines,) don't pull mobs, avoid snipers targets, work together, and have fun.
    This map shouldn't be as hard as people are making it. It should be challenging but not, impossible.
    Last edited by ArtStar; 12-18-2011 at 03:03 AM.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You want to play/grind/farm this map?
    I suggest not having any engineer with you but someone who knows how to use their skills. Someone who knows one transference can kill the engineer and the whole team.
    I like the map it's pretty interactive compared to others.
    Though the boss is...too easy.
    Westlyford-Operative(Main)
    Killerade-Commando
    Creatanhealer- Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killerade View Post
    You want to play/grind/farm this map?
    I suggest not having any engineer with you but someone who knows how to use their skills. Someone who knows one transference can kill the engineer and the whole team.
    I like the map it's pretty interactive compared to others.
    Though the boss is...too easy.
    I agree about the boss, definitely no where near as difficult as mysterious figure, nor needs as much strategy. Still, it's nice just to have a blast fest every now and then.

-----
    Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Going to have to agree with the above statement about STS needing to figure out a way to get people to play the full levels.
    A bonus for completing a full map is a great idea...and even BIGGER bonus for completing multiple maps in a row in order is also a great idea.
    Basically, everyone right now is running the beginning of Mantle, killing the first hallway and remaking. This is very boring...and while I think the other levels of this campaign are beautifully made...getting my friends to play them is almost impossible, and is proving to be a waste of platinum if using elixirs. This is why people are getting so bored so fast. Killing the same 15 enemies over and over is terribly repetitive, but the only thing to really do in this game is to level, and with nothing of value to farm at the moment, running any other map is pointless.

I wish this was like PL where the bosses at the end of the harder maps each drop specific legendary items. This would give us reason to play all the maps and not just farming the last map for legendary items. This would mean putting bosses at the end of each map...which I'm fine with. And not just a "shoot and wait" boss...something challenging.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I really like this update. I think a lot of ppl are coming off of endless SY2 runs where you can pull 30 baddies and solo them no prob.

Is this map more challenging, yeah!

But think about how it would be (and the outcries) if it were easier on balance than ShipYard. That would be really boring.

The only issue i have here is that drops were totally skewed in favor of pwnies. :toung-in-cheek: Now purples are going for three figures in ah. But hey, there will be lots of ppl with good gear.
    <- design by Pianowizzy
    CHOWNis - 41 Commando | Nachownis - 25 Operative Twink | Chownisis - 39 Killa