Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Post Cap Feedback and Potential Problems that need to be Fixed!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aoeqt View Post
    I'd like to throw my 2 cents in for this.

I have absolutely no problem buffing Ebonthrax, in fact, I think it's a great idea. I do, however, think it has to be looked at from 2 different perspectives: many of those who will reach level 110 after fast cap without a pet which works, and then those who already have or will reach level 110 with a pet that works. The reason I say this is because eventually there will be a lot of groups running who don't have a pet, and with the damage these mobs already do, and then on top to have an Ebonthrax buff, regardless to what extent of a buff that will be done to him, it will be extremely hard for them to clear. I've noticed a few people at 110 without a pet getting one-shot almost every 5 seconds they are up. They will almost never get the job done in this scenario. It would seem not right for these players to have to deal with the map in its entirety already and then have to deal with a much harder boss they already struggle with.

On the other hand, those who do have a pet can sufficiently clear the map at some points, and then the boss himself. As of right now, the map itself is harder than the final boss so it makes sense to have a buff for Ebonthrax. In this case, I would say make him harder to kill, allowing his abilities to do more damage etc but then either buff his drop rate, or lower it and allow players to host Ebonthrax Encounter themselves.

Interested what others have to say about this as well
    I do think it's important for the hardcore PvErs with plat and pets to keep in mind the suggestions they post, very much in regards to what you're saying here. I actually cannot afford a pet now in game, and can already envision myself never running dungeons with a group once everyone starts to hit 110. Many of the hardcore gamers don't use the forums all the much, so it's important to not abandon them!

Obviously, this can be combated by a sustainable farming system that keeps lv. 110 players farming and hosting games. I do hope to learn more about the frequency of drops and if farming feels as though it should be.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post: