Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Post Cap Feedback and Potential Problems that need to be Fixed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Post Post Cap Feedback and Potential Problems that need to be Fixed!

So far this cap has been really great and I have enjoyed it so far. Things that I have found have been a problem and need to be addressed and possibly fixed:

1. Mobs range seem to be to small and it seems that their is always a couple monsters that has to reset and it takes way to long for them to reset really messing up the flow of the farming.

2. The boss Ebonthrax isn’t a challenge at all and all of its attacks are basically useless because if everyone stands under the boss literally every attack he has doesn’t hit. Also the red indicators of where I believe you said the fire would go doesn’t actually do any damage if you stand on the red indicator and he does the fire thing after the indicator. I’m pretty sure him spewing fire actually does 0 damage. The only attack I’ve seen him really hurt anyone with is the sweep of his arm. I think he could also need a stat boost once more people get the mythic sets because he will be way to easy then.
    (I would just make sure on your end all the boss mechanics are actually working properly because on my end I don’t think they all are and don’t allow people to just stand right under the boss)

3. The Admiral and The Ex Admiral literally hit harder than the actual Ebonthrax boss which to me doesn’t make any sense at all. I think we need to flip this and make these easier and the Ebonthrax boss a lot harder. You literally get one shot by the mini bosses and people die more from the mini boss than the actual boss Ebonthrax of the map.

4. Also the mobs on the map are also a lot harder than the boss... basically it’s harder to get to the actual boss than anything else once you get to the boss it’s a cake walk

If anyone has anything else I missed please feel free to share or disagree with me so the devs can see what the community thinks and not just one person!

We are strong in numbers!

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaasivab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Thank you for sharing your experiences and thoughts regarding running through the new campaign.

1. Mobs range seem to be to small

I do feel the pull range of bad guys (mobs) in particular Map 4 : The Dragon Antechamber is small.

However the tactic and skill involved countering this does require a huge amount of team work at this stage because the campaign difficulty is harder when we all have not hit level 110 or have any of the new gear.

Experienced players will try not to pull these mobs too far and yes, it is frustrating to wait for mobs that have been over pulled to reset. But that is part of the game now, and players need to be mindful of this.

Perhaps extending the pull reset range of mobs another 5 meters in game will be sufficient enough, yet still provide the right challenge to complete the map

2. The boss Ebonthrax isn’t a challenge

Again, even after the buff of the difficulty of the Ebonthrax boss in Map 5: Ebonthrax Encounter by STS. I agree this last boss is still far too easy to kill.

With a reasonable team of 5, all using a pet for damage and daily combination blessing from the Elf Queen, all the team needs to do is stand underneath the boss neck stand there and use skills and auto attack.

Ebonthrax only damages and targets one person alone in the party only.

When the floor turns red, Ebonthrax fires his dragon breath, there is no damage effect to us what so ever. We do not have the need to hide in the 'safe zones' behind the gold piles at all.

And when the small mobs are spawned, they still have little effect on the team and can easily be ignored whilst killing Ebonthrax.

3. The Admiral and The Ex Admiral

I like the damage these two bosses deliver as well as the procs and debuffs they deal.

4. The mobs on the map

I feel the amount of mobs in the map is a challenge and this makes it more enjoyable. You want a party to complete Map 4, and this will encourage people to farm as a group. I prefer it this way so those who do Solo will desire others to play with, this game is after all a social game.
    Last edited by Fwend; 07-29-2019 at 03:22 AM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

Cool. I've got an update coming that will slightly increase the reset ranges for the monsters... but TBH monster reset ranges are a deliberate part of the challenge. Since we are now at such an advanced stage of the game I expect Legends to know their ability ranges and to coordinate their self and group combo attacks to ensure they don't push monsters too far. And if they are pushed too far there will be significant time lost.

Sounds like issues 2, 3 and 4 are essentially the same (Ebonthrax isn't hard enough). I'll address this after the Fast Cap deadline has passed.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Cool. I've got an update coming that will slightly increase the reset ranges for the monsters... but TBH monster reset ranges are a deliberate part of the challenge. Since we are now at such an advanced stage of the game I expect Legends to know their ability ranges and to coordinate their self and group combo attacks to ensure they don't push monsters too far. And if they are pushed too far there will be significant time lost.

Sounds like issues 2, 3 and 4 are essentially the same (Ebonthrax isn't hard enough). I'll address this after the Fast Cap deadline has passed.
    I'd like to throw my 2 cents in for this.

I have absolutely no problem buffing Ebonthrax, in fact, I think it's a great idea. I do, however, think it has to be looked at from 2 different perspectives: many of those who will reach level 110 after fast cap without a pet which works, and then those who already have or will reach level 110 with a pet that works. The reason I say this is because eventually there will be a lot of groups running who don't have a pet, and with the damage these mobs already do, and then on top to have an Ebonthrax buff, regardless to what extent of a buff that will be done to him, it will be extremely hard for them to clear. I've noticed a few people at 110 without a pet getting one-shot almost every 5 seconds they are up. They will almost never get the job done in this scenario. It would seem not right for these players to have to deal with the map in its entirety already and then have to deal with a much harder boss they already struggle with.

On the other hand, those who do have a pet can sufficiently clear the map at some points, and then the boss himself. As of right now, the map itself is harder than the final boss so it makes sense to have a buff for Ebonthrax. In this case, I would say make him harder to kill, allowing his abilities to do more damage etc but then either buff his drop rate, or lower it and allow players to host Ebonthrax Encounter themselves.

Interested what others have to say about this as well
    Last edited by Aoeqt; 07-29-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I like these ideas harder boss like elite slayer was I’m all for and hosting directly I really want. This will increase drops!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes, I agree with these

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aoeqt View Post
    I'd like to throw my 2 cents in for this.

I have absolutely no problem buffing Ebonthrax, in fact, I think it's a great idea. I do, however, think it has to be looked at from 2 different perspectives: many of those who will reach level 110 after fast cap without a pet which works, and then those who already have or will reach level 110 with a pet that works. The reason I say this is because eventually there will be a lot of groups running who don't have a pet, and with the damage these mobs already do, and then on top to have an Ebonthrax buff, regardless to what extent of a buff that will be done to him, it will be extremely hard for them to clear. I've noticed a few people at 110 without a pet getting one-shot almost every 5 seconds they are up. They will almost never get the job done in this scenario. It would seem not right for these players to have to deal with the map in its entirety already and then have to deal with a much harder boss they already struggle with.

On the other hand, those who do have a pet can sufficiently clear the map at some points, and then the boss himself. As of right now, the map itself is harder than the final boss so it makes sense to have a buff for Ebonthrax. In this case, I would say make him harder to kill, allowing his abilities to do more damage etc but then either buff his drop rate, or lower it and allow players to host Ebonthrax Encounter themselves.

Interested what others have to say about this as well
    I do think it's important for the hardcore PvErs with plat and pets to keep in mind the suggestions they post, very much in regards to what you're saying here. I actually cannot afford a pet now in game, and can already envision myself never running dungeons with a group once everyone starts to hit 110. Many of the hardcore gamers don't use the forums all the much, so it's important to not abandon them!

Obviously, this can be combated by a sustainable farming system that keeps lv. 110 players farming and hosting games. I do hope to learn more about the frequency of drops and if farming feels as though it should be.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Xp quests need to stay please cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Post Cap Feedback and Potential Problems that need to be Fixed!

Hey Cinco,

First off i wanted to thank you for your hard work on putting this amazing cap together by yourself. I enjoyed the classic raw xp grind to 110, but I’d like to mention a couple of bugs ive seen and a few suggestions from the community about what should be changed. With that being said, I noticed with the new cap that the forest fight pvp map is bugged. The spawns are messed up, and players seem to randomly just spawn in the same spot after being killed. I also noticed that when joining a team at the beginning of the game, there are sometimes enemies spawning in the same spot as me. Additionally, it seems like the low level pvp damage nerf also affected 100 and 105 honor sets.

In terms of farming the new mythical gear, the drop rate from killing ebonthrax is at the moment nonexistant (there have been 0 mythical drops from him). I feel like there should be a red dragon slayer type map where we can fight Ebonthrax at a high difficulty level without pots and/or pets for a higher drop rate.

Lastly, there should be some set bonus for the new fast cap set. An example of this would be equipping the Crimson Tide helm + armor + Lil thraxx to get a set bonus with visual effects and stats such as “+1000 damage and armor in Ebonthrax campaign”.
    I feel like this would create some exclusivity and reward players for grinding very hard. Many are complaining about how Lil’Thrax’s stats are basically identical to tinsel’s, and adding the set bonus could alleviate this issue.
    Last edited by SuperGotenks; 07-31-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The main quests are all too easy too finished them all first day. A new hard quest like kill dragon 1000 times might be nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cant start a new thing without 10 posts will put here

The new 106-110 weapons all show up on top of vanitiy weapons.

And the 2 amulet quests from balefort are undoable and should be removed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGotenks View Post
    Hey Cinco,

First off i wanted to thank you for your hard work on putting this amazing cap together by yourself. I enjoyed the classic raw xp grind to 110, but I’d like to mention a couple of bugs ive seen and a few suggestions from the community about what should be changed. With that being said, I noticed with the new cap that the forest fight pvp map is bugged. The spawns are messed up, and players seem to randomly just spawn in the same spot after being killed. I also noticed that when joining a team at the beginning of the game, there are sometimes enemies spawning in the same spot as me. Additionally, it seems like the low level pvp damage nerf also affected 100 and 105 honor sets.

In terms of farming the new mythical gear, the drop rate from killing ebonthrax is at the moment nonexistant (there have been 0 mythical drops from him). I feel like there should be a red dragon slayer type map where we can fight Ebonthrax at a high difficulty level without pots and/or pets for a higher drop rate.

Lastly, there should be some set bonus for the new fast cap set. An example of this would be equipping the Crimson Tide helm + armor + Lil thraxx to get a set bonus with visual effects and stats such as “+1000 damage and armor in Ebonthrax campaign”.
    I feel like this would create some exclusivity and reward players for grinding very hard. Many are complaining about how Lil’Thrax’s stats are basically identical to tinsel’s, and adding the set bonus could alleviate this issue.
    I agree the l110 was a lot of time and effort put in so some type of bonus should be included with it.