Thread: Awaken Scaling or Removal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Awaken Scaling or Removal

Why didn’t spacetime scale the awakening system? So a lvl 8 twink could get like 10 armour 10 armour max on a legendary weapon which would’ve been realistic and not ruined pvp for lower levels and caused so many players to quit. It’s just stupid when a lvl 8 can get the same awaken as a lvl 71 who does 3k more damage and it of course impacts 100x greater for the level 8. Also the awakens should’ve been nerfed in general to stop people with 1000s to spend have an overwhelming advantage over f2p players who can’t afford to reroll to get best gear.

STS could still nerf awakens, people with op awakens will still get the same tier of awaken e.g 150 armour 3rd tier is scaled to 50 3rd tier in a 20 35 50 system. This would bring a lot of people back I think and would probably make twinking possible again and bring back more players.

If you listen to the community for once STS ( where all players agree awakens killed pvp) and listen to us with ideas such as this you can help revive your game before it slowly dies furthermore

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BloodxBite For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Maybe make a custom pvp map in which awakenings are removed, just pure gear.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malseph For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by malseph View Post
    I like that idea but I feel it will make a lot of people who have spent thousands on awakening very unhappy, so b6 scal8ng them down they keep the same tier of awaken however it is has much less of an impact and doesn’t mean they shet in everyone else lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BloodxBite For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

anyone else got any ideas on awakening ? I personally feel this is the best option because, by now, we know that sts won’t be removing them anytime soon so instead give them alternative options? I like the idea of a custom pvp map where awakens are disabled but I don’t see STS doing that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Well there's Honor PvP gear in DL and PL, they could bring it to AL as well, no doubt PvP would get active but not nearly as active as it was in past, I mean rooms used to be filled at almost all levels in the past 6,7,8,9,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,21,23,25,26 is what I could think of, some maybe could be wrong but I played 6,7,8 and 9,10,11 and 13,14,15. Let's see if STS brings honor gear to AL and hopefully they're not madly priced because then there's no use of releasing them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    We haven’t ignored this thread; the Awakes controversy has been discussed quite a lot already. For this reason I did not feel an urgent need to reply here. That said...

Twink population is mostly affected by level cap raises and the general desire for players to advance their favorite toons. Contrary to popularity assertions, Awakes haven’t “killed” anything - moreover they’re a very significant part of many players’ gear investments.

We have just recently seen how negatively players react to having totally useless items removed - so quite obviously it would be a catastrophe to remove Awakes. Same goes for massively nerfing them. This is irrespective of the replacement revenue methods speculated in the Op (as they do not effectively remedy the players losses).

I respect the work that has gone into this proposal. It warms my heart to see positive community-supporting efforts every time they show up! With that said, I respectfully decline to remove Awakes.

To offer a constructive turn here I’d like to ask: Have any of you played “Honor PvP” in Pocket Legends? Do you think that type of system would remedy these sorts of concerns for Twinks in AL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Omg op idea!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

+ 1 for this
    Rogue 76