Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bringing Sense to the Madness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Bringing Sense to the Madness

Before reading any further, this is a supportive post for our wonderful development group. It is meant to highlight (in my prespective) recent events, and explain why I think the veteran community is being unfair and hot-headed toward STS. If you don't care for this, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Let's start with the opinion that the new maps since AO3 are crud and the devs aren't working hard. Really, not working hard. How many people here on the forums have a clue about programming and development? I do. I graduated with honors with degree in computer programming. Has anyone here ever done map texturing? I know a few of you that have. Not easy is it. Spent a lot of time doing custom mapping and texturing for mods for other games. Those few statements are not bragging. They are to establish that I have experience to be making the following statements. The slightest things in the world of game development can take enormous amounts of time to accomplish. Heck I know a couple of groups still working on filling in the gaps that we feel are apperant in Elder Scrolls III. Now, so the maps have all been forests and castles.....what more do you expect to see in a fantasy style game. In my honest opinion the AO Trilogy while great, does not fit in with the setting of Pocket Legends. I also concede that AO3 is the greatest of the campaigns to the majority of veteran players. I will even concede that the ones that don't think AO3 is the greatest probably think the Swamps are. Everything has one point in its existence that will outshine and define it. Just because the new maps aren't as game changing as AO3, you cannot say the devs are being slack.

Let's review the changes. Several new campaigns, Sewers, Sandstone Caves, Nuri's Hallows, Mt. Fang, and everyone seems to forget the Forest Haven remake (which was totally awesome!). They ported Pocket Legends over to the Star Legends code base. My guess on this is the coding was more stable, lean, and modifiable. They have added crafting which I hope can see some more development (allowing adding procs, single stat modifiers, etc.). They have added guilds, which might I add many of the veterans were screaming for. We finally have pets (I still want a DRAGON!!!!!!), again another thing veterans were hollaring for. But the veterans keep yelling mediocrity. Hmm, seems like an awful lot to accomplish over a relatively short period of time.

Now, lets talk about the seeming increase in cost. I can honestly say, did anyone expect to be able to spend 10 plat here and 10 plat there forever? I know I didn't. Every game studios flagship has to generate enough income to develop expansions as well as new games. If STS is going to keep their games Free-2-Play then they have to generate income by adding extras to the games. This means dungeons that we have to pay to get into, higher cost for vanity items, and more. I am actually concerned about the pay-per-instance model that they set for the Winter Festival. My concern is the future extra maps (similiar to Sandstone, Wyldwood, Frozen Nightmares, etc.) could possibly be implemented with this model. If that happens, you know what, I have to decide if I want to pay for that content. It is my responsiblity to control that, not STS's.

Alright, the devs comments as of late. Really, after how this community has raged, you expect the devs to not get a little defensive? It is their right to remove negative, abusive, and image damaging posts and threads. If I was getting that kind of feedback I would remove it too. If everyone remains civil, that doesn't happen. Everyone is commenting about the deleted posts, most that we removed were derogatory or spam posts. You do not have to repeat your opinion multiple times. People who read it will comment if they feel the same. What did it really accomplish, hmmmm? It got a person or two banned.

My opinion, the veteran community has become increasingly demanding. Every change over the last 6-8 months has degraded to veterans rage quitting, trolling, flaming the devs, etc. Please, GROW UP! I understand that you guys feel that you were instrumental in the development of Pocket Legends, and you were! I applaud and commend you for it, I really do. However, that does not entitle you to think that things should be your way or no way. Human nature is to abhore change. Everyone does. However, evolution is natural. Your status as a veteran does not give you the right to call out the developers, insult them, or demand that they change things. As far as I am concerned, they have the right to charge us for everything, It Is Their Property! Your choices you all know. The thing that continues to bother me is the amount of drama that you all are bringing to the forums. Do you know what you are going to accomplish by raging and spamming posts? Absolutely nothing, other than shorten your time with the community.

I have said it many times before....

It is a GAME! Only a game. Why in the world would you get so wrapped up in a game? Let me put things into prospective for you, I spent the evening taking my wife and daughter out to view Christmas lights around our community. I didn't think about Pocket Legends at all till after we got home and they went to bed. Now, that would be something to get ticked about if someone messed that up. Priorities people, life is all about priorities. Take a little advice from someone that has worked and played hard in their life. Don't let things get so intense, when it does you lose your enjoyment of things.

To those who have left. I will miss you. I cherish the time I got to spend with you all. To those still here.....

See you in Alterra!

Yvonnel
    Last edited by Yvonnel; 12-17-2011 at 11:45 PM.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Yvonnel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Thanks YV- i needed that, ill chill a little bit more. We should all approach this a little more kinder to our devs- Although after investing a lot in a game emotions do count. I have a big idea i already talked to some people about- ill tell ya about it aswell
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Well spoken, and while I don't agree with everything you said, no one can argue that you were being anything other than level-headed and eloquent

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    Well spoken, and while I don't agree with everything you said, no one can argue that you were being anything other than level-headed and eloquent
    What dont you agree on?
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    What dont you agree on?
    um.... The font?

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Great piece here, a piece of a calm, cool, and collected thought(if only editorials in the paper were so nice )! Chill pills for everyone! (legal, of course!) And Happy Holidays too

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I see where you are coming from. However, when the community is told "to go elsewhere" after most of us were providing legitimate concerns, it felt like a slap in the face. I believe this is where the greatest disappointment is coming from. My opinion tho....

Excellent post.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Oops!
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 12-18-2011 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Dumb phone.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Hmm, this is really a well-written post Totally agree with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Excellent post.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Preach it! Haha my favorite post so far regarding new maps and rage, lol.

Well thought out...and like I always say (and you did as well) IT'S JUST A GAME!

Don't stress over pixels... Just enjoy it. I hate coming to forums just to find someone complaining about this or that and in game it's just as bad. Blah! honestly I'm over it. I'll just do I what I do best. NUKE, and farm...lol

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to bring us your perspective.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

People like to focus on the negatives; the positives they take for granted. That's why most people still don't appreciate what Ronald Reagan did.

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stevieoopsie View Post
    People like to focus on the negatives; the positives they take for granted. That's why most people still don't appreciate what Ronald Reagan did.
    Ok, but let's not go into political discussion, please and thanks! These are the Pocket Legends forums, after all
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Old man: "There are two things people must never discuss in public (forums). Religion and politics."
    Yong Lady: "Why?"
    Old man: "You just don't know who you might offend."

Love it thanks MothWing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Politics would lose it's purpose if left private. Old man was out of his mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Oh yeah and if the madness continues against STS about this pinks not dropping enough or the maps being recycled... I'm going to do a Crocker theme YouTube video called "Leave STS alone!"

jkjk

But seriously...give them a break...

Much love

And remember keep it P.L.U.R.
    PEACE LOVE UNITY and RESPECT

Love it thanks MothWing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Yeah but for the sake of forums politics is unnecessary lol...well at least irl politics hehe

Love it thanks MothWing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I did not discuss politics; I used an analogy. I agree politics is unnecessary for forum, but I do not think that you have to try so hard to avoid it that not trying is to be considered offensive. Give people some benefit of doubt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Honestly politics are well something i never speak of. As for your analogy I totally understand. I was just saying it to back up what Sam there said lol don't get defensive just thought it's what he meant when he quoted you.

Love it thanks MothWing!