Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Idea for banned players' vanities

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    Problem is people don't realize that BEFORE u had around 30 users of the same set? Why does it have to be 3 people now and you gonna call it unique?
    Make it 25 ice spirits again, why not. lol
    It's not about 3 or 25. For me, it's about consistency. When STS makes a decision in the game, players need to be able to trust them as the developers. If STS begins to go back on what they have said before (as they have done a few times), players will no longer be able to trust them.

If restoring items from banned players had been a concept from the beginning, I would have no problems with it. My problem is that once they choose to make banned players disappear from the game along with their items, they need to stick to their word so that players can safely make decisions in the game following that choice from the developers.

It's all about trust.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ydra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ydra View Post
    It's not about 3 or 25. For me, it's about consistency. When STS makes a decision in the game, players need to be able to trust them as the developers. If STS begins to go back on what they have said before (as they have done a few times), players will no longer be able to trust them.

If restoring items from banned players had been a concept from the beginning, I would have no problems with it. My problem is that once they choose to make banned players disappear from the game along with their items, they need to stick to their word so that players can safely make decisions in the game following that choice from the developers.

It's all about trust.
    If players prefer old art to new art, there's only one profitable option for developers... re-release that popular old art.

STS is a business. Incase you forgot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    If players prefer old art to new art, there's only one profitable option for developers... re-release that popular old art.

STS is a business. Incase you forgot.
    As far as short term profit, you are probably right. STS stands to make money from re-releasing these once-thought-to-be-lost vanities.
    But as far as long term profit, STS stands to lose a large base of their players, reducing the opportunity for a bigger profit in the long run, and potentially having to shut the game down.

I'm all in for the STS making a profit, and I think this would be the wrong way to go about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Disproof View Post
    I wouldnt mind also if i see the same lb vanities as untradable version in Sirspendalot in kraag maybe for 20m-50m each like the lb golden Brawing set(untradable and tradable)
    They already have those gold vanities available from sir spend a lot. Look how rare they are and how few people want them because these people want 500m vanities, which is what it takes to be exclusive these days due to inflation. If all the banned and retired items were introduced again, they would drop in price and lose the novelty appeal. Just like the way they brought back steel commando and now nobody wants that nooob poor players vanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I'd like to clarify that I'm not asking for a complete rerelease, I simply want to make sure that banned players from now on don't lose the rest of these old items. Plat farmers are able to buy loads of these vanities and when they lose them all from being banned nobody is punished more than the community. I'd like to avoid that.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Maybe the old vanity items come back in an event crate of some kind and I just say that I pulled them from a "banned" player account.
    I like this idea, it would be even better if the vanities were also bound. It would be better for the community and the fear of losing gold would be gone.

You get to look cool and keep your gold.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sellall View Post
    They already have those gold vanities available from sir spend a lot. Look how rare they are and how few people want them because these people want 500m vanities, which is what it takes to be exclusive these days due to inflation. If all the banned and retired items were introduced again, they would drop in price and lose the novelty appeal. Just like the way they brought back steel commando and now nobody wants that nooob poor players vanity
    Make them non-tradable and problem solved. I wouldn’t mind paying 5k plat for an “Original Jester”, “Frank Set”, “Yeti Set”, even if they’re a different color. Also, so players whom already have this set won’t get angry about the “rerelease”. Make these vanity sets only available in store once a year during the holiday weekend, so they could keep it exclusive. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    Make them non-tradable and problem solved. I wouldn’t mind paying 5k plat for an “Original Jester”, “Frank Set”, “Yeti Set”, even if they’re a different color. Also, so players whom already have this set won’t get angry about the “rerelease”. Make these vanity sets only available in store once a year during the holiday weekend, so they could keep it exclusive. Just a thought.

This is not what I am asking for, this is dumb.
    I simply want to avoid banned players FROM NOW ON lb vanities to simply disappear.
    I am not asking for a stupid rerelease

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mod View Post
    I simply want to avoid banned players FROM NOW ON lb vanities to simply disappear.
    Just because you can’t afford it doesn’t make it dumb... it’s not your choice if sts decides to rerelease them, your highness . Your contest idea is simply absurd, the only way that would work is if the entrance fee costs more than 3,000 plat per account. No point in making it less than 100 plat to enter if these rare vanities are worth more than 600m+. There would be hardly any profit to sts using your method. Even Cinco’s locked crate idea would be a better approach than your so called “contest idea”. Stop trying to get a lucky break. Work hard like everyone else does and save up to buy these extremely aesthetic looking vanities. Run along now, suns gone, time to go home DD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Actually, you are asking for a re-release. The only difference is you're framing this request as an idea for the community when it truly isn't. A locked crate would do better in the long run with untradeable vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Verbie View Post
    Actually, you are asking for a re-release. The only difference is you're framing this request as an idea for the community when it truly isn't. A locked crate would do better in the long run with untradeable vanities.
    A rerelease is ADDING MORE of these vanities, which is something I do not want. I simply do not like that the community is punished because of other players getting banned. I just want to make sure that we don't have less and less of these items as players are caught for their antics

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

A rerelease is ADDING MORE of these vanities, which is something I do not want. I simply do not like that the community is punished because of other players getting banned. I just want to make sure that we don't have less and less of these items as players are caught for their antics
    Make the new rerelease of these vanities untradable, so that the original ones keep their uniqueness and won’t devalue. You’re welcome.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alghost For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    Make the new rerelease of these vanities untradable, so that the original ones keep their uniqueness and won’t devalue. You’re welcome.
    Yes untradable versions of lb vanities in Sirspentalot op idea like the golden brawing

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Disproof For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Nice suggestions guys. I like both of them. +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Totally unfair for everyone. You guys talking a lot about new price of these nowadays, but did you ever think how hard you were earning up some gold in the past (below season 9) ? It is the same thing. While Frank Vest (for example) was 10-12m before, people in that period had not more than 30-40m in total. Gold was very very hard to earn. Now, since we have Gold Loot awakens in items, very high GL maps and events every week (or so) is very easy to earn gold. Don't you think you need to work hard for these ? People who ran event before (LB) to get them, did a very hard work, people who had bought those also did a hard work for saving up. Keep in your mind that is the SAME thing. 10m from before is 200m now. LB stuff also increased of rarity (because people got banned) too, but the main reason is GL cap. So don't be little in mind and try to think better before starting this. How people had worked hard before to get them, we have to work hard aswell now. 100m is not a hard work nowadays.
    Oh, and also.. if there is a re-relase for them, what will you enjoy in this game still? Except playing, I mean your dreams, of getting something special. Which will be that? If rare vanities came back, almost anything in game will be common. Do you think that's the best idea ? Some are exciting now but won't be anymore in the future.
    Try to think for the future too, don't focus only for now. You'll enjoy for a little period and get bored very fast.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Smocked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Disproof View Post
    +1 to rerelease all lb vanities prices really overpriced ..
    Well you agree just because you've sold anything LB you had. But your opinion should had been different if you still had that 35 Red Balloon Banners. Don't be greedy and rude brother.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Smocked For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smocked View Post
    Totally unfair for everyone. You guys talking a lot about new price of these nowadays, but did you ever think how hard you were earning up some gold in the past (below season 9) ? It is the same thing. While Frank Vest (for example) was 10-12m before, people in that period had not more than 30-40m in total. Gold was very very hard to earn. Now, since we have Gold Loot awakens in items, very high GL maps and events every week (or so) is very easy to earn gold. Don't you think you need to work hard for these ? People who ran event before (LB) to get them, did a very hard work, people who had bought those also did a hard work for saving up. Keep in your mind that is the SAME thing. 10m from before is 200m now. LB stuff also increased of rarity (because people got banned) too, but the main reason is GL cap. So don't be little in mind and try to think better before starting this. How people had worked hard before to get them, we have to work hard aswell now. 100m is not a hard work nowadays.
    Oh, and also.. if there is a re-relase for them, what will you enjoy in this game still? Except playing, I mean your dreams, of getting something special. Which will be that? If rare vanities came back, almost anything in game will be common. Do you think that's the best idea ? Some are exciting now but won't be anymore in the future.
    Try to think for the future too, don't focus only for now. You'll enjoy for a little period and get bored very fast.
    Recolor the new rerelease of these vanities and make them non tradable so you keep your tradable original while we’d have our non tradabale recolored version. Red yeti set, dark purple frank, Golden Jester Set, etc. No point in trying to buy Original Jester Set for 1billion gold bro. I mean 6,000$ USD is a lot considering it’s just virtual pixels... I’d rather get a 10-100m non-tradabale recolored version of one instead of wasting 6 grand to only get 1 set and still need to spend more for gears and pets. Don’t get me wrong I’m a plat buyer too but 6 grand for a virtual vanity is a big much, don’t you think? In simpler terms I disagree with you, I’m sorry bro :/.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Alghost For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Everyone who has LB items right now worked hard for them, I don’t think it is fair for a re-release especially with a platinum purchase.(this seems like a shortcut to a long term goal)
    I do agree the LB items are going for ridiculous prices, but bringing them back with platinum won’t solve anything in the long run.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Warriorknown For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

+1... Good idea....

Militarizm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I was thinking, would it be possible to make it so from now on players who are banned with ice spirit/frank/medusa/yeti/golem and other leaderboard items should be reintroduced into the market through a forum contest and maybe a plat entrance fee so it can benefit sts as well.
    I know that I would participate in a contest like this and it would help vanities not reach the 1 to 2 bil gold range and also help sts' sales.

I don't think that sts ever wanted items in their game to cost 10+ MAX gold trades to actually purchase an item and I think this could help.
    I am spend 500 $ and 10m gold dint sleep 4 weeks for get yeti I would never do if I am know that it’s will be return!!!! Sts always promise that it’s will never respite so it’s absolutely UNACCEPTABLE !!!

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Albrechtdurer For This Useful Post: