Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Idea for banned players' vanities

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

I like seeing threads complaining about how badly p2w systems such as eggzavier and elite awakes for best stats are, then once every so often one of these obnoxious threads gets made:

“Please sell banned igns, lb vanities, and collectables for an ungodly amount of platinum! I’ll give my right arm and leg”, it really brings things in perspective.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowman Is here For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Most likely won’t happen. Kinda interesting idea though. I swear, sometimes people on forums need to start thinking about what might actually be good for the game vs. what “feels” good. Whenever stuff like this is presented you need to take a step back and look at the whole picture, not just narrow interests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

In my opinion all lb vanities should come back(I own some too) bec many sets got banned like ghost golem i know only 1 owner maybe in 1year 0 ghost golem(all vanities getting missing) Game will have 0 ghost golem???Best solution is to rerelease all i hope they will make it 1 day.Also many drama all the time about them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tackled View Post
    That’s the problem with half of the people in this game now. Stop being selfish man....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its not selfish.
    Honestly it's an awful idea.
    I like the thought , but in reality the people who worked to get them. Spending money, merching, lb, etc...
    It wouldnt be fair to them. LB items are special, & the ppl who got banned with them... They know why. So I think it's fine how it is. Keep the rarity of them nearly to an extinct. Increase it's worth. Say I'm self too but I think it's fine how it is tbh.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Maybe the old vanity items come back in an event crate of some kind and I just say that I pulled them from a "banned" player account.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I personally think it's cool to have some old, rare items that have survived the early days of this game. I know you guys want to have them but they won't have that appeal anymore when they're not as rare.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sellall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

There is no point in this suggestion, it's just a "Vanity".
    And Respect the people who came first to the game and bought them for a huge amount of gold. If you really want then work harder for them, it's just for showing-off tho.
    Last edited by Overgrown; 07-31-2019 at 01:27 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Overgrown For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I see why some would want them but I think many people like wearing these old vanity because they have high value. If green golem was introduced as the lb vanity, people would want green golem instead of blue golem. Reintroducing old vanities will kill what makes these vanities special. The novelty would wear off in 1-3 months. Again, it's usually the value of the vanity moreso than the looks.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

People ran lb/paid for the sets back then because they loved them. The vanities belong to the people that have them and not to new players that win a forum contest now. I have nothing against contests but why not make a new vanity that looks unique. I mean there must be some item that has a high value, something the very high end players can work for. And 500m is not much for some people anymore. Nobody wants the vanities if they get cheap.
    People will call me selfish but ill defend my position. If you wanted the set you should've bought it earlier or played the event lb. If you are new... there are still plenty of new lb sets coming for you.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Maybe the old vanity items come back in an event crate of some kind and I just say that I pulled them from a "banned" player account.
    Just so you know what the people want:
    - Original jester set (the one released as a reward in that contest years ago)
    - Yeti set
    - Ice spirit set
    - Ice Golem set
    - Medusa set
    - Frankenstein set
    - ghost set
    - Ghost Medusa set
    - Ghost golem set
    - Ghost mummy set

Appreciate your cooperation

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

[QUOTE=Perceval;3011622]Just so you know what the people want:
    - Yeti set
    - Ice spirit set
    - Ice Gole

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Pretty sure there'd be a lot of yelling and screaming if this is a crate more than 1 person can get with items that roll. Pretty sure these people only want the item for themselves (forgetting there are many of them and they won't want a cool vanity if there are 10k of that vanity, since there have been several cool new vanities released yet none of these people mention those).

Make new vanities. Pet Maria's outfit would be great vanity!

Recolors are ok, even with the (lesser?) sneering, bullying, and denigration. Would love a red/pink/black spirit/golem. Jesters with swirls or flowers head, or different jester-type head/feet. White Arlors/heralds/winter outfits.

Star light, star bright...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Just so you know what the people want:
    - Yeti set
    - Ice spirit set
    - Ice Golem set
    - Medusa set
    - Frankenstein set
    - ghost set
    - Ghost Medusa set
    - Ghost golem set
    - Ghost mummy set

Appreciate your cooperation
    It's not hard to see the many negative aspects that those vanites brings to the game actually.

There are solutions for this, like making all LB vanties untradeable in next events. If players really care about being "exclusive" they can go for them. Otherwise there are many different ways to make profit in events. Farm such "exclusive" item and hoard it for a eternity to sell later for a insane and ridiculous amount of gold seems not fair.

My point here it's about the economy and illegal actions that are involved with those vanities.

Everyone have zillions now days. The thought "I paid a lot and I don't want see it being sold cheap to new players" is completely wrong. Many players now can pay expensive as much as those players did, or even more. But we cannot buy something that no one sells! We cannot buy what doesn't exist. And the reason of that is: we are paying for someones mistakes.

I do not want those vanities. I m happy with my stuff atm. But the actual scenario it's a big bitter joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

And I do not even care if STS bring them again or no.

Vanities like Steel Commando and Green Arlor who were very expensive back in time, came back after years and many players got disappointed. A banner from winter already came back and everyone had the chance to get it again, and it's a banner! One of most "look how old I am" item in game actually.

As JustG always says, we gonna be ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

I think bringing back these vanities would be a big mistake.
    If you expect prices to drop, yes they might drop a bit in the beginning, maybe to half what they are worth now.
    But in the long run, these items will continue to increase in price, just like they did before, and once again reach ridiculous prices.

The problem of gold inflation is not due to banned vanities, it's due to gold loot from awakens and pets in the game.
    Returning these vanities is a shortsighted solution that will not solve the problem of inflation in the long run.

Please be careful with your decisions STS. Your audience might not realize the implications of what they are asking for.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ydra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Default Idea for banned players' vanities

They don’t even need to rerelease the old lb/contest vanities. A much better approach would be a release of Recolored versions of them instead for 5,000+platinum or more. Before you say “no Recolor”. They have been Recoloring items since season 1... which was about close to 8 years since then... no point in finally stopping now. Some of us have been waiting for that “Fire Yeti Vanity Set” for a while and it’s not too far Fetched since we have all these Recolors .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by THE GOLDEN KING; 07-31-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Personally I wouldn't like to see them return as an exact version. Maybe a recolor or something very similar. BUT we also have to look at how the Arcane Legends community feels about exclusive items. If you were around during the shady and surge days, so many people complained about the fact that only a certain amount of players were able to get shady and surge. why? Because it was an LB reward. Just like said vanities here in this thread. Sure that pet had an impact on the game as where vanities do not, right?, Wrong. It's of human interest. There will be threads and emails about it. Which is where Spacetime will step in and make some changes. Shady and surge for example wouldn't have been re-released if so many players hadn't had complaints. Therefore if the same thing happens again, we're going to see a lot of old vanities floating around. See where I'm going here? I happen to have spent a TON to have shady and surge during that time and I honestly didn't want to see it return simply because it wouldn't be special anymore. But I realized the fact that I spent so much is my own fault, not everyone else. I wanted it that bad. Soon you seen it everywhere. Everyone had it and my 150mil pet (equivalent to probably 700-800mil in today's Arcane Legends economy) is now one of the cheaper arcane pets in the game. That was the turning point for Arcane Legends. From that point forward, there were less and less exclusive items in the game. The question is, taking what I just said into consideration, where do we draw the line? Which items are off limits? What is too far?. Hey why not Forebearer and elite journeyman too?. Heck let's go back to very exclusive rewards like the speed demon banner or anything else in this same category! See what I'm saying? It's a slippery slope. But thinking logically, if I worked for Spacetime Studios and I asked the question, "How do we as a company please these people?" We appeal to the many. The bottom line is if 950/1000 people want them re-released it's probably going to happen. So in the end, I won't quit playing either way. Re-release, don't re-release. If I buy a set then lose a ton of gold because its re-released, so be it. I'll keep playing anyway. Because it happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

To correct such an issue, I would recommend releasing new vanities to compete with these old ones. For example; if I wanted an ice golem set and I can't get it because it's an insane price (700-800mil now?) and I can't afford it. So I make a thread to re-release them. Okay now what if instead of that particular vanity there was one that I liked even better? And I won this set in a contest or an event suitable for all audiences and everyone had a fair shot. Why would I like it better? Because it's an exclusive item and maybe only myself and few others have it and most importantly I earned it. Ahhh sweet victory... Now where is my attention? On my new vanity set and on the forums trying to keep my vanity from being re-released. Or even trying to trade my exclusive set for an ice golem set. You'd be surprised how your feelings would change about this thread of you actually owned any of these LB vanities your asking to be re-released. Now the majority of players are concerned with thier particular vanity sets and the value of all such sets will be determined by this particular player or that particular player and not by the fact that it's extremely rare because many are locked away on banned accounts. Also what your willing to pay for it. After all, supply and demand.

But even with this suggestion or any other suggestions that are in any way related or like this, I can think of a thousand different ways but you have to ask yourself, what are we asking of Spacetime in this case? Sounds like a whole lot of work to me that's going to be never-ending. With any suggestion on this matter, it's sounds like the only practical way to correct it is something like Cinco already suggested.

And just for clarification, I do not own any of these sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I wouldnt mind also if i see the same lb vanities as untradable version in Sirspendalot in kraag maybe for 20m-50m each like the lb golden Brawing set(untradable and tradable)

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Disproof For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts

Problem is people don't realize that BEFORE u had around 30 users of the same set? Why does it have to be 3 people now and you gonna call it unique?
    Make it 25 ice spirits again, why not. lol

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

31. The Following User Says Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

mod