Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Plat Sale AFTER Fast Cap!? WTH?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Angry Plat Sale AFTER Fast Cap!? WTH?

Why would you put the plat sale after fast cap is already over? Like come on StS what is your problem? This game as of the recent date is nothing more than a cash grab so you can focus the funds into AL but this is just wrong. Yet you wonder why this games population plummeted.

Unacceptable and i don't care who doesn't agree with this. Some of us wasted money to try and make fast cap and still couldn't make it after running out of plat for elixirs but nah let's just release sale once you reap the money out of the people.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Being unappreciative of what is given to you is not the way to handle gifts.

There is a Plat sale this weekend, if you are willing to accept this you too will buy Plat at a discount to:
    - plan for future events on game,
    - to cap more characters or could be your first character
    - in anticipation of the plat map that will be a pay to win alternative to for gaining xp quickly and a higher percentage to loot the best drops for this campaign.

I can understand your frustration as to why you are upset about having the plat sale after the fast cap reward is over.

However you have to understand STS is a business too and do provide us with this wonderful game that we all can play for free.

If you have the means to support them by buying Plat it is your way to thank them because you love the game.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Why would you put the plat sale after fast cap is already over? Like come on StS what is your problem? This game as of the recent date is nothing more than a cash grab so you can focus the funds into AL but this is just wrong. Yet you wonder why this games population plummeted.

Unacceptable and i don't care who doesn't agree with this. Some of us wasted money to try and make fast cap and still couldn't make it after running out of plat for elixirs but nah let's just release sale once you reap the money out of the people.

Poslano sa mog ANE-LX1 koristeći Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    Being unappreciative of what is given to you is not the way to handle gifts.

There is a Plat sale this weekend, if you are willing to accept this you too will buy Plat at a discount to:
    - plan for future events on game,
    - to cap more characters or could be your first character
    - in anticipation of the plat map that will be a pay to win alternative to for gaining xp quickly and a higher percentage to loot the best drops for this campaign.

I can understand your frustration as to why you are upset about having the plat sale after the fast cap reward is over.

However you have to understand STS is a business too and do provide us with this wonderful game that we all can play for free.

If you have the means to support them by buying Plat it is your way to thank them because you love the game.
    Not to be rude but.
    1. I don't love this game if you could even consider it a game in the first place. This "game" was better developed when the devs made the claim that they will not be updating PL any longer back in 2013. That year received little to no major updates and had little involvements with the devs yet it still trumps today's sad excuse for a "game". 2010-2014 PL. That's a game, this is a cash grab.

2. What is there to be appreciative about? A new cap? They already got off on the wrong foot by choosing to release a plat sale after fast cap is gone. I'm not salty about not making cap as i could not give a dam but the factor that the devs was so quick to pull a stunt like that is unacceptable. To have made cap you'd have needed Plat, a pet, and good luck for a decent elixirs and not some bs 1.25. So free to play players/busy people couldn't have come anywhere near 110.

I alone grinded from 9AM yesterday to 3AM today with a 1.5 daily, 1.5 7k lixir, raging and tinsel yet i only leveled twice. All because i didn't have a 4x. By 3AM I'd have meet the deadline time needed to get from 108-110 which was well past 12 hours at a set time of 3PM today.

Yet not once did the devs take consideration that a plat sale would have been useful to haveTHE MINUTE THE CAP WAS RELEASED, or did they expect us to still have plat remaining from the plat sale months ago? Not positive this was the plan from the beginning. Another way to rip off the actual people who play the game, not as if the devs play their own game right?

3. StS as a company is no better than Netease. A company who only cares about purchases, not gameplay. Hell if they did care i highly doubt anyone would be complaining or quiting.

4. If the devs have a problem with this thread by all means take it down. It's not like there isn't a community who's going to make the same EXACT post regardless.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

If you looked at the history of the game.

Has there ever been a Plat sale before any new campaign? And think about why this is the case.

With this in mind then you might understand and be less passionate towards why you feel this is not fair.

-Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Rip wallet.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

If u didnt fast cap honestly thats ur problem. People be complaining oh i didnt have this or i didnt have that, well guess what it took me a lot of hours but no plat and i made the deadline a day and half early so wheter u didnt have the time for it or the effort its not sts problem. I do think the plat sale should came before for people actually willing to spend money but hey a sale is a sale why complain its still a blessing to buy 2k plat for 64$ instead of 90$.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 3pc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I believe there is much better things than a plat sale that could of been introduced. Plat sale is great and all but I would of rather seen increased drop rates or a plat dungeon now rather than later or xp orbs now that fast cap is over or even being able to directly host whom map. I want sets in the game so I can pvp and properly farm. I know I’m not alone here I mean the boss hasn’t even been buffed again which was supposed to happen this update.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duckypowerz For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

This is a beautiful post mageffa, the fact that a plat sale comes after the fast cap is just a slap in the face imo. It’s nothing shy of an act of con art. Literally we are suppose to just be greatful or shut down. No consideration to any of the general discussion posts . The best interests of the players in enjoying the game is not in the interest of anyone still involved in developing pocket legends, only profit for sts. And the only “be grateful comments” that I’m seeing are coming from people whom no lifed for the fast cap (out of not having a job or responsibilities) etc. CINCO himself even commented about fixing the mob issue and the boss being to weak issue, along with the drop rate issue. But that’s not the case right now, a slap in the face plat sale is needed prior to any fixes to make the community able to enjoy the game. Smh.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mastervoodoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

The main reason there is a plat sale anways is for us to be prepared for the inevitable loot based chests that costs money to unlock like in AL. Nothing more but a con that happens in many games and one of them is AL. Lemme guess? Pink-Mystic base chests that costs more plat based on rarity/grade? Where did this come from again? Oh AL. Tsk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypowerz View Post
    I believe there is much better things than a plat sale that could of been introduced. Plat sale is great and all but I would of rather seen increased drop rates or a plat dungeon now rather than later or xp orbs now that fast cap is over or even being able to directly host whom map. I want sets in the game so I can pvp and properly farm. I know I’m not alone here I mean the boss hasn’t even been buffed again which was supposed to happen this update.
    Regarding Ebonthrax not being buffed, he said he was going to address it after the fast cap is removed, so I'm sure he will either tweak it in some way in the near future or open a discussion for it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

The main reason there is a plat sale anways is for us to be prepared for the inevitable loot based chests that costs money to unlock like in AL. Nothing more but a con that happens in many games and one of them is AL. Lemme guess? Pink-Mystic base chests that costs more plat based on rarity/grade? Where did this come from again? Oh AL. Tsk
    Well said, I’ve actually looked back on previous posts as well. No dev comments, nothing considered about any concerns that players have about this cap so far. Just one thing after another that costs plat to access. And as you stated, the sale comes after the initial week of release lol? “No we won’t increase drop rates, but we will charge you plat to open crates that contain loot, and even have a 15% off plat sale to make them slightly less for you to open”. Yet people keep supporting every update, well the few forum dwellers that have devoted their lives to pocket legends that is.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aoeqt View Post
    Regarding Ebonthrax not being buffed, he said he was going to address it after the fast cap is removed, so I'm sure he will either tweak it in some way in the near future or open a discussion for it.
    This comment is contradicted here, they said they were going to address all these issues but instead, rather release a plat sale and less significant fixes that no one really cared about. With the plat sale not being announced sooner so those people who wasted tons prior to the sale to reach the fast cap basically were screwed over smh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    If you looked at the history of the game.

Has there ever been a Plat sale before any new campaign? And think about why this is the case.

With this in mind then you might understand and be less passionate towards why you feel this is not fair.
    pretty sure there was plat sale before 77 cap. Only time i bought plat.
    Happy Holidays!

22.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aoeqt View Post
    True. We have a suite of changes coming specifically for Ebonthrax but also to address drop changes, experience rewards and minor visual fixes.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

3pc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

The Ancient Caverns cap level 77 ultra cap was released on the 30th July in 2014.

On the 18th July 2014 STS kindly gave us bonus platinum for free plat offers.

On the 23rd of May 2014 STS gave us a Platinum is on sale for 40% off, PLUS level up faster with Double XP now through Monday.

A plat sale two months before the given new expansion. As well as a double xp weekend event 2 months before. And we where given double free plat awards 2 weeks before the expansion.

I'm sorry but I don't feel there has been an expansion where a plat sale is the weekend directly before any cap in PL history.

-Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mastervoodoo View Post
    This comment is contradicted here, they said they were going to address all these issues but instead, rather release a plat sale and less significant fixes that no one really cared about. With the plat sale not being announced sooner so those people who wasted tons prior to the sale to reach the fast cap basically were screwed over smh.
    It's not contradicted at all, in fact, you're looking at it the wrong way. Sure no one truly cared the most about this recent patch with the few small bug fixes, well guess what at least some things were fixed. In regards to the bigger issues people are complaining about, wouldn't you want sts to take their time on seeing what they can even do about them in order to try and give everyone the best experience? They hear complaints all-day, every cap, etc, nothing will ever be perfect. You're acting as if now that fast cap is over, they have to immediately fix Ebonthrax. I'm sure that they will fix some of these bigger issues rather very soon.

For your second statement, how are people that spent plat screwed? Let's say the plat sale was before, people bought 800 plat or whatever to cap. Do you not realize when other events come out they would buy plat for these as well if it came down to it? It's not like there is going to be a plat sale for any type of event that goes on in the game. People knew a new cap was in the making and it was going to eventually come at some point in time, they could have prepared for this in advance instead of just banking on there being a plat sale. There's also a thing called saving platinum. You don't quite literally have to spend all of your platinum every time an event comes around, it's a pick and choose. I had 1000 plat leftover from double offers the last time they were introduced, so you know much it cost me to cap? Nothing at all. (Time in itself can be considered to have a cost, and sure some have more than others do, but that's just how life plans out. In these cases, you have to do your best to make accommodations for yourself. It would be wrong of a person to try and complain that their personal life doesn't fall in line with things sts does. In any other game, people work weekdays, weekends, on and off all time, some just not at all. Something like that can't be forced upon.)
    Last edited by Aoeqt; 08-01-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

The one thing I will say, MageFFA, is that the necessary manpower to keep a game afloat cannot rest on just one person, yet it does (Cinco alone creates our content). Sure, it may feel like a slap in the face -- I don't think it's the most considerate or sensitive move as well -- but come on man, PL should have died a long time ago, yet here we are.

I have to give credit where it's due here... I would hope Cinco makes money off those willing to spend plat to fast cap. You know what that means? We all get to enjoy more content. If you guys didn't buy plat at its normal price for fast caps, either A) Cinco would have to think of different techniques to 'buy' your money or B) shutdown the game. He doesn't need to do the former so long as you, among dozens of others, continue to buy into the thrill of earning virtual vanities and rewards early on in new expansions.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 08-02-2019 at 07:01 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

3pc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    The one thing I will say, MageFFA, is that the necessary manpower to keep a game afloat cannot rest on just one person, yet it does (Cinco alone creates our content). Sure, it may feel like a slap in the face -- I don't think it's the most considerate or sensitive move as well -- but come on man, PL should have died a long time ago, yet here we are.

I have to give credit where it's due here... I would hope Cinco makes money off those willing to spend plat to fast cap. You know what that means? We all get to enjoy more content. If you guys didn't buy plat at it's normal price for fast caps, either A) Cinco would have to think of different techniques to 'buy' your money or B) shutdown the game. He doesn't need to do the former so long as you, among dozens of others, continue to buy into the thrill of earning virtual vanities and rewards early on in new expansions.
    There are still plenty of things to do in this game that would have players spend money on the game. Farming is a perfect example of this. People use to spend hundreds of dollars on lixirs and plat dungeons to craft items such as demonic and tiki god well before the mess we are currently in.

The devs could have left the game to rot in 2012/2013 and it would have still been a much more active game than it is now. One thing i can say about PL is that it's not dated. Nor does it age. It still has easily the best PvP system and PvE gameplay of all MMORPGs on the appstore, problem is there are no advertisements for the game anymore.

I'm pretty sure we would give cinco less slack for the stuff he's doing for PL if he ACTUALLY decided listen/talk with the community. All of this could be avoided but since this doesn't happen of course it's going to be a slap in the face to majority of the player base.

Twink PvP/PvE has been completely wiped out with barely any games so that leaves us with just endgame, but when the devs pull stunts like this where exactly are we supposed to fall back to? This Isn't too complicated to understand.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 08-01-2019 at 08:09 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

There are still plenty of things to do in this game that would have players spend money on the game. Farming is a perfect example of this. People use to spend hundreds of dollars on lixirs and plat dungeons to craft items such as demonic and tiki god well before the mess we are currently in.

The devs could have left the game to rot in 2012/2013 and it would have still been a much more active game than it is now. One thing i can say about PL is that it's not dated. Nor does it age. It still has easily the best PvP system and PvE gameplay of all MMORPGs on the appstore, problem is there are no advertisements for the game anymore.

I'm pretty sure we would give cinco less slack for the stuff he's doing for PL if he ACTUALLY decided listen/talk with the community. All of this could be avoided but since this doesn't happen of course it's going to be a slap in the face to majority of the player base.

Twink PvP/PvE has been completely wiped out with barely any games so that leaves us with just endgame, but when the devs pull stunts like this where exactly are we supposed to fall back to? This Isn't too complicated to understand.
    I think you would be surprised as to how much Cinco does actually listen. If you notice he obviously needed to fix that bug with new weapons and shield not properly being hidden by vanities.

As of right now, he's stated that he is going to add the chance of dropping xp orbs by Ebonthrax which was a suggestion made by Dolloway and will allow those who don't want to spend plat/money an alternative form of leveling. Those who find clearing the map completely irrelevant are getting the ability to host the boss in itself. People have been asking for an increase in drop rates and he's already stated this will change. Then lastly the possibility of changing set effects on 110's.

The majority of players have been asking for these type of changes and he seems to be doing all of that, so I'm not exactly sure how you can say he doesn't listen.