Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Are you kidding me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    I have to agree with others.

When we expressed our interest in having the capability of hosting Map 5: The Legend of Ebonthrax, we all assumed it would be free.

In previous campaigns the access to the premium platinum maps had the purpose of accelerating your experience, or quest collection and increasing the percentage drop rate with rare loot.

I do hope STS consider making adjustments to the new:
    EBONTRHRAX LAIR TICKET!! - 25 Platinum

To include perhaps awarding players more than 3 drops from the boss itself as well as the inclusion of XP orbs for players under level 110 and to dramatically increase the drop rate percentage on rare loot.

Or have some of the mobs that spawn drop loot as well and xp orbs, or change some of them to the Admiral and Vice Admiral mini boss.
    Agree with this. There are hardly and parties farming Ebonthrax, most just hang out in town waiting for Cinco to buff drop rates. Just isn't sustainable in its current state. I can't speak for others, but I know if the price were dropped to maybe 5 plat and you got access for 30 minutes with increased drop rate odds, I would be in that dungeon non stop. Would probably bring in more money that this 25 plat one ticket joke.

When cinco said update was coming today to address communities concerns, I was prepared to drop 60 bucks on plat. Now there is very little incentive for me to do so. Just my two cents.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faq For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    I have to agree with others.

When we expressed our interest in having the capability of hosting Map 5: The Legend of Ebonthrax, we all assumed it would be free.

In previous campaigns the access to the premium platinum maps had the purpose of accelerating your experience, or quest collection and increasing the percentage drop rate with rare loot.

I do hope STS consider making adjustments to the new:
    EBONTRHRAX LAIR TICKET!! - 25 Platinum

To include perhaps awarding players more than 3 drops from the boss itself as well as the inclusion of XP orbs for players under level 110 and to dramatically increase the drop rate percentage on rare loot.

Or have some of the mobs that spawn drop loot as well and xp orbs, or change some of them to the Admiral and Vice Admiral mini boss.
    Most of the time me and you don’t agree with anything sunny, but you just make really good points. Every plat purchaseable dungeon thus far , has had some type of incentive for players. The only perk of dropping 25 plat on this, is skipping the mobs which takes a minute or two to clear lol.. my thing is, I can’t tell if he’s doing it to be a smart *** or what? But I stated in another post that maybe the drop rate is set high, and possibly bugged out / not performing properly and just giving players common drops repeatedly, and cinco doesn’t believe it, and just assumes we are being needy. It’s either that or he just doesn’t care. But either way I don’t think a good outcome will come out of his updates. He takes constructive criticism/ community opinions towards him offensive and obnoxious, so we can’t win for losing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

In all honesty I think this cap has been an really good cap overall. The grind to fast cap really brought back memories of previous caps before orbs were introduced. And they were hard and tedious. That's what made PL great and worthwhile. I actually felt accomplished and that the cap meant something. I was cheering for friends and people when they capped as well.
    But getting back to topic, I'd have to agree about the drop rates being so low and although we dont know the specifics and tables, removing junk items might help without having to redo the whole algorithm.
    Also I'd like to add that I do like the new mechanics of the update on the dragon but his hp is a little high. A third less hp would be perfect.

You Only Lose When You Give Up

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

Default Are you kidding me?

As I read this you’re wanting a premium Platinum dungeon - and I understand this. I also get that you think I’m just being mean (by keeping drop rates low and not offering a quick path to Mythical gear for big spenders) but my reticence to supply this is based on my view of what that practice did to the economy during 105.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cinco; 08-03-2019 at 05:17 AM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    As I read this you’re wanting a premium Platinum dungeon - and I understand this. I also get that you think I’m just being mean (by keeping drop rates low and not offering a quick path to Mythical gear for big spenders) but my reticence to supply this is based on my view of what that practice did to the economy during 105.

The problem is when you create this system of ultra rare over powered items, you are at risk of completely alienating the pvp community who view farming as a means to an end. It is clear that mythics will be the only viable endgame pvp set and you have said you expect it take months to complete a set.

This has prevented myself and others from buying plat to farm or even just run Antechamber because the payoff just isn't worth it. Perhaps an idea to solve this is make the ultra rare mythic items vanities that provide pve stat buffs only.

This way you have incentives for the pve players to buy elixirs and farm, but the pvp players who aren't willing to sacrifice weeks or months into farming are able to get a decent set in a reasonable amount of time. Just an idea, but if the drop rates are kept as they are a decent percentage of the player base will loose interest quickly.

I already see it happen, there are remarkably view games being run right now, most just sit in town dejected and unsure if farming is worth the time commitment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I think the big mistake is overlooking that a good chunk of the endgame playerbase plays pvp as evident through the passion and vocalness on forums. Many players have left their twink homes because pvp simply isn't viable anymore and have gone to endgame which you have promoted to players if they want 'balanced pvp'.

Now, you could tell those players to continue to play Honor while they wait but they have been doing that for months on end waiting for the new cap to release and new gear to play with and experience. If there is a significant content update or expansion but the new content gear is locked behind incredibly rare drop rates, then many players will feel that their efforts playing this game are wasted. At the end of the day, if you don't already have a sizable amount of gold at your disposal to purchase Mythics from players who miraculously loot Mythic equipment, then you will likely never be able to equip a Mythic set given the fact that it is so difficult to drop Mythics.

I myself happen to be well off in this game that I can choose to spend a large amount of gold on a Mythic set should the pieces become readily available to be traded by players willing to sell. However, what about the other 90-95% of players who are not as fortunate? This does not make for an enjoyable or good pvp experience when you only win games because you have better gear than opponents rather than strategies, tactics, or skill.

I am all for incredibly rare drop rates - just not for something that players need in PVE and PVP such as gear, but rather vanities such as the White Admiral Dress.

There are many players logged off who are awaiting an update that fixes the player experience and many more sitting in townes awaiting the same. These players would be willing to spend money or use platinum on things such as farming but currently feel as if their money and time would be wasted and I cannot disagree with them.

You're welcome to disagree but I just don't believe the current situation is healthy for the game.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 08-03-2019 at 06:36 AM.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    I think the big mistake is overlooking that a good chunk of the endgame playerbase plays pvp as evident through the passion and vocalness on forums. Many players have left their twink homes because pvp simply isn't viable anymore and have gone to endgame which you have promoted to players if they want 'balanced pvp'.

Now, you could tell those players to continue to play Honor while they wait but they have been doing that for months on end waiting for the new cap to release and new gear to play with and experience. If there is a significant content update or expansion but the new content gear is locked behind incredibly rare drop rates, then many players will feel that their efforts playing this game are wasted. At the end of the day, if you don't already have a sizable amount of gold at your disposal to purchase Mythics from players who miraculously loot Mythic equipment, then you will likely never be able to equip a Mythic set given the fact that it is so difficult to drop Mythics.

I myself happen to be well off in this game that I can choose to spend a large amount of gold on a Mythic set should the pieces become readily available to be traded by players willing to sell. However, what about the other 90-95% of players who are not as fortunate? This does not make for an enjoyable or good pvp experience when you only win games because you have better gear than opponents rather than strategies, tactics, or skill.

I am all for incredibly rare drop rates - just not for something that players need in PVE and PVP such as gear, but rather vanities such as the White Admiral Dress.

There are many players logged off who are awaiting an update that fixes the player experience and many more sitting in townes awaiting the same. These players would be willing to spend money or use platinum on things such as farming but currently feel as if their money and time would be wasted and I cannot disagree with them.

You're welcome to disagree but I just don't believe the current situation is healthy for the game.
    This is what I’m trying to explain, yes it comes off as if the community of pocket legends is asking for sets to be easier to farm, which is true, we are. But it’s not just mythical items we are after, it’s the elite sets that people aren’t being able to complete. I’m all for leaving mythical as rare as they are, we just need a set that we can actually farm a bit easier, given that it takes almost 10-15minutes to kill the boss that drops them.. and I’m just glad my to be honest post has cinco actually giving us his train of thought rather than what appeared to be smart comments. Atleast we know what he’s thinking now so we can better explain our selves. Thank you cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Everyone’s making some great points 🧐

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Cinco,

I think it will be better if you make vanity items more rare than the mythical set

Make it easier for us to farm mythical sets and set the Vanity items with 1/600 drop chance.

By doing this the PVP player will get mythical set for PvP and
    the PvE players will keep farming the vanitys that will worth millions.

Both PvP and PvE will be active again.

And one more thing... please make the mobs drop XP Orbs because it's really boring for those who doesn't love leveling like me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yogaa View Post
    Cinco,

I think it will be better if you make vanity items more rare than the mythical set

Make it easier for us to farm mythical sets and set the Vanity items with 1/600 drop chance.

By doing this the PVP player will get mythical set for PvP and
    the PvE players will keep farming the vanitys that will worth millions.

Both PvP and PvE will be active again.

And one more thing... please make the mobs drop XP Orbs because it's really boring for those who doesn't love leveling like me.
    Then why do you even play?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I have only complaint with how rare mythical is. The mythical gear is so overpower compared to elite gear and the others. And because it is so rare the few ppl who have the mythical will practically be untouchable in pvp for months and the more they get before the rest of the community the more untouchable they will become. I appreciate the rarity aspect of the items but it just will lead to an unbalanced pvp aspect for months to come unfortunately.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duckypowerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Could you specify what you mean by: "my reticence to supply this is based on my view of what that practice did to the economy during 105."?
    In particular what the effect on the economy was.

I don't see how super rare drops are helping the economy. Right now everything feels like a crappy lottery. One random player gets a desirable drop and cashes in on 30-200M, not discriminating between who is rich already and who could use the boost of gold.
    I have had asked for a proper crafting system on discord, like we had in 71, 76 and 77 cap. This would've helped fan out the income from farming more broadly across the playerbase.

Unless you elaborate on you claim that this is better than 105, I couldn't possibly wrap my head around it. IMHO 105 was bad too. Farming and economy wise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I think the best solution to the issues we are having would have been having ONE singular item as the mythic for the set. Like how in the past we used pink sets wing elite 2hs as the rare special op part. I think that we should have stick with this method and used elite sets as the top gear and had a mythical amulet as the special portion. This would let us keep the drop rate we have now and had the mythic aspect easier to obtain while providing the exclusive portion along with letting us use 1h or 2h sets instead of limiting us to an elite 2h set like previous caps. Unfortunately we already have mythic sets so this idea won’t work for this cap. Going into future caps I think we should move back to this older format that we had which worked wonderfully.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    I agree. It was super disappointing to hear from Cinco yesterday that we would be able to host Ebonthrax only to find out today that it costs 25 plat per run. In addition, Ebonthrax only has a chance to drop orbs for players under level 110, it's not even guaranteed for 25 plat per run.

Maybe make it an elixir that lets you host Ebonthrax for 30 mins-1 hour. 25 plat for a single run for a chance to drop orbs or rare gear is too much.
    30 minute hosting would be like 2 runs...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Lalaanica For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Cool

Indeed. It will take months for you to acquire all the best stuff.

do you mean years?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Lalaanica For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaanica View Post
    do you mean years?
    Lmfao that reply make me laugh

Thanks Thanks Given