Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Are you kidding me?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Default Are you kidding me?

All this update did was make me not want to farm anymore. 25 plat for ONE CHANCE at boss drop? Wtf is that? The Myxx map was 25 plat and you had like 15 chances or something to drop. Also, the 110 shields should make me not constantly get knocked back by Ebonthrax, it’s insanely annoying. I just ran with 4 110s (2 warbirds) and it took us insanely long to kill boss. I thought I’d actually be able to get a complete set for pvp soon after this update but I was clearly wrong. Some of us dont want to spend absurd amounts of time in pve so that we can get sets for pvp. I also don’t want to wait weeks/months for sets to come into the game so I can buy them and finally pvp. Make the boss easier, let my shield work at ebonthrax, let me insta host boss map with lil thrax, or at least make the 25 plat ticket worthwhile by having the boss spawn multiple times in one run.
    Last edited by Cinco; 08-02-2019 at 11:54 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Misfit For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I agree. It was super disappointing to hear from Cinco yesterday that we would be able to host Ebonthrax only to find out today that it costs 25 plat per run. In addition, Ebonthrax only has a chance to drop orbs for players under level 110, it's not even guaranteed for 25 plat per run.

Maybe make it an elixir that lets you host Ebonthrax for 30 mins-1 hour. 25 plat for a single run for a chance to drop orbs or rare gear is too much.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Im sorry cinco but thanks for listening but this update aint it. I also ran with a group full of 110’s each of us died 4-10 times EACH along with the fact we still have to run castle to get to a boss that takes around 6 ridiculous minutes to get only “trash” and “uncommon “ items if we keep him at this we should at least be expecting one great loot per run. Im sorry but i cant continue to farm hours and hours even if its based on luck to situations like this.

ELITE

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3pc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

This is most unfortunate. From what I'm seeing, this cap is a big L. Nothx.

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Indeed. It will take months for you to acquire all the best stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Well you guys asked for better AI and a stronger Ebrontrax. Guess this is what ya got.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post

That’s not fair. I think I should be able to get all of it within a day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

People are saying with full reroll gear that they are still obtaining trash grade equipment. Is this bugged considering that reroll is supposed to automatically increase grade on drops? Also what is the drop rate of Mystics? Is it similar to that of starries?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Are you kidding me?

Maybe for one person to get it *

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

This is fun!!!

hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

25 plat is perfectly fair for a single-use ticket that grants direct access to the boss map of the brand new campaign. Be glad it is not 35 plat, which is what Maxx Cave used to cost during the first half of the 105 campaign. It was later reduced to 25 plat, and now that it is not the current campaign, the price has dropped to 20 plat.
    Last edited by Cinco; 08-02-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Piercinglove View Post
    25 plat is perfectly fair for a single-use ticket that grants direct access to the boss map of the brand new campaign. Be glad it is not 35 plat, which is what Maxx Cave used to cost during the first half of the 105 campaign. It was later reduced to 25 plat, and now that it is not the current campaign, the price has dropped to 20 plat.
    maxx cave dropped 200-300k worth of experience orbs per run and bosses had a fair chance of dropping elite gear.

you're lucky to drop a 2-5k xp orb and receive a trash drop after grinding ebonthrax for 5 minutes straight.
    Last edited by Cinco; 08-02-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Piercinglove View Post
    Careful how fast you’re to agree that it’s fair lol. 35 plat to host maxx cave you still had 4 bosses, and were gaining easily 100k+ exp per run, and dropping atleast an elite every other run, these two are in no way a good comparison. From the comment alone I can tell you didn’t have much experience in playing L105 campaign
    Last edited by Cinco; 08-02-2019 at 02:23 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mastervoodoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbattwo View Post
    That’s not fair. I think I should be able to get all of it within a day.
    Agreed, I’d like to log on and have all 110 items gifted to me because I am the best. Its honestly not fair to make the good people actually try :/ the game would explode if I went 100% on those pesky undead pirates!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Waydog For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waydog View Post
    Agreed, I’d like to log on and have all 110 items gifted to me because I am the best. Its honestly not fair to make the good people actually try :/ the game would explode if I went 100% on those pesky undead pirates!
    Seriously. We deserve an award. To make people like us have to farm is absolutely unjust and disrespectful.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Thats not what im saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Just gonna ignore the two sarcastic clowns.

I personally like a stronger Ebonthrax, just not like this. All that was done was making every single one of his attacks hit so you get knocked back and stunned every 4-5 seconds. And the Firebreath was fixed I guess. This just slows down the run and doesn't add anything to make it more entertaining. I was hoping for increased mega combo dmg per % of health; e.g. when below 33% health "Pwned" deals 300% dmg. Or something like that. I like that the Firebreath and the Meteors actually deal dmg now BECAUSE there is COUNTERPLAY against those via dodging/moving. Opposed to that Ebonthrax basic attack stunning and knocking back is just annoying.

25 Platinum for one run at Ebonthrax... Running it normal adds like 4 Minutes to the run and is free. Doubt that anyone will actually use the ticket to farm there because the droprate is as abysmal as the normal run. It's just not worth it.

When adding time to the run via increasing the difficulty of Ebonthrax the droprate should've been adjusted accordingly. The droptable of Ebonthrax is HUGE; ranging from trash to mythic of all 6 slot items, plus Vanities and Chest. As of right now farming is worse than before and it will realistically take months until we can PvP. Almost all Mythics in game are from Quest boxes and one was purportedly dropped by Raggador(?). And that source is drying up very soon.

In conclusion: Make Ebonthrax stronger in a way that is also entertaining. When doing this also increase the droprate.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I have to admit, I feel a little bitter knowing that the journey to competitively PvPing is a long, gruesome one. I'm happy that the hardcore PvErs have some fresh stuff to work with, I really am -- but PvP will have to be put on hold for the handful of us PvP lovers. I'm not sure the right balance between leveling efficiency and PvE entertainment will be achieved.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tpfelblatt View Post
    Just gonna ignore the two sarcastic clowns.

I personally like a stronger Ebonthrax, just not like this. All that was done was making every single one of his attacks hit so you get knocked back and stunned every 4-5 seconds. And the Firebreath was fixed I guess. This just slows down the run and doesn't add anything to make it more entertaining. I was hoping for increased mega combo dmg per % of health; e.g. when below 33% health "Pwned" deals 300% dmg. Or something like that. I like that the Firebreath and the Meteors actually deal dmg now BECAUSE there is COUNTERPLAY against those via dodging/moving. Opposed to that Ebonthrax basic attack stunning and knocking back is just annoying.

25 Platinum for one run at Ebonthrax... Running it normal adds like 4 Minutes to the run and is free. Doubt that anyone will actually use the ticket to farm there because the droprate is as abysmal as the normal run. It's just not worth it.

When adding time to the run via increasing the difficulty of Ebonthrax the droprate should've been adjusted accordingly. The droptable of Ebonthrax is HUGE; ranging from trash to mythic of all 6 slot items, plus Vanities and Chest. As of right now farming is worse than before and it will realistically take months until we can PvP. Almost all Mythics in game are from Quest boxes and one was purportedly dropped by Raggador(?). And that source is drying up very soon.

In conclusion: Make Ebonthrax stronger in a way that is also entertaining. When doing this also increase the droprate.
    From what Rag told me after talking to him, he didn't drop one. As of right now, there are currently 3 in-game, all dex items: wing, ring, amulet. Wing and amulet are in cs, ring belongs to Wowikr. All from golden boxes.

With the way things are now, I would strongly guess that players may resort to leveling characters in order to receive a free box from questing in order to drop elite/mythical items instead of farming the boss.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Aoeqt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I have to agree with others.

When we expressed our interest in having the capability of hosting Map 5: The Legend of Ebonthrax, we all assumed it would be free.

In previous campaigns the access to the premium platinum maps had the purpose of accelerating your experience, or quest collection and increasing the percentage drop rate with rare loot.

I do hope STS consider making adjustments to the new:
    EBONTRHRAX LAIR TICKET!! - 25 Platinum

To include perhaps awarding players more than 3 drops from the boss itself as well as the inclusion of XP orbs for players under level 110 and to dramatically increase the drop rate percentage on rare loot.

Or have some of the mobs that spawn drop loot as well and xp orbs, or change some of them to the Admiral and Vice Admiral mini boss.
    Last edited by Fwend; 08-02-2019 at 08:03 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post: