Thread: Ultra Rare Item Suggestions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Ultra Rare Item Suggestions

Before the next map comes out, and taking in to account quests are just around the corner I would like to suggest a new way to obtain ultra rare equipment.

Currently it is just down to random luck as to whether one of the ultra rares drop for you. I was playing AO2 map 4 the other night (Plasma Sword level) with a bunch of players, including someone who was playing that map for the first time. We got to the end and as luck would have it the first time player had the Thoth Plasma drop for him. I'm not complaining that he got one, I say good luck to him. My issue is I have played that map over 200 times now and never had a Plasma drop for me. So on to my suggestion.

Can ultra rare equipment be changed from random luck of a drop to having to work for it via extensive playing and questing? I'm happy to have to play a map, or maps, through a bunch of times if I know at the end I'm working towards an item I want. If the boss at the end of lvl 4 dropped a small piece of alien technology each time, or quite often, then it may be a matter of collecting 100 of those pieces and then questing them with maybe a rare, not ultra rare, sword to get a Plasma sword. Maybe a Thoth Pharaoh's Sword and 100 pieces of alien technology would result in a Thoth Plasma sword. Same principal for other items.

What do you all think?

In my opinion extensive grinding through the same level over and over with the slightest of chance of obtaining an item is close to the lowest of low ways of achieving a goal. It shows no real for-though or imagination and is ultimately demoralising for those players who said item never drops for.

For the current pink gear, I think the random drop is fine. Farming Plasma Pyramid 50 times or so to get the basic gear you need for your character is fine in my opinion. Just the ultra rares need a tweak.
    Last edited by Gavry; 07-19-2010 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Added some more
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye