Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Drop-rate and ebon thraxx. The TRUTH.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Red face Drop-rate and ebon thraxx. The TRUTH.

The community consistently complained about the wrong thing. The boss being too “easy” and needing to be more “challenging” and you got what you wanted. To be honest he still isn’t that difficult to beat with a good team. While using a 3x combo along with a couple other 110s we managed to kill him within 2-3minutes which is fair. So the difficulty of the boss is perfect and matches elite red dragon during l76 cap. So the only issue I’m seeing at the time being is the drop rates. I do not think they need to be buffed, rather I’ve found a more appropriate solution. End game players have no need for common, trash, nor uncommon gears. To my belief, I’d assume if the common, trash, and uncommon drops were removed from ebon thraxx, we’d see a lot more legendary, elite, and gold treasure chest drops. With that being said, there actually hasn’t been a single golden chest drop from ebonthraxx that I’ve heard of. And only 2 mythical pieces exist in the game from what I’m aware.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mastervoodoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

From what you are saying if you want to remove certain items from the drop table, being the ones that no one really wants, and have a higher drop chance to receive other items, you are in a sense suggesting him to buff the drop rates in an indirect way. Which is contradicting your statement.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aoeqt For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

You and jay and some other people keep saying that everyone wanted a harder boss. I saw like three people say that. Everyone keeps making it out to be like the entire community wanted a harder boss and that just isnt the case

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Misfit For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aoeqt View Post
    From what you are saying if you want to remove certain items from the drop table, being the ones that no one really wants, and have a higher drop chance to receive other items, you are in a sense suggesting him to buff the drop rates in an indirect way. Which is contradicting your statement.
    How is that a contradicting statement? Rather than increase the chances of elite legendary and mythical, remove the trash, common, and uncommon from the drop table. It makes more sense in general. End game players will never use these items so there’s no need for them, and they make up 40% of his drop table. So that’ll leave epic-mythical in the picture. Actual usable/ reliable gear . The percentages of the other drops will go up, of course, being that there’s less items, but the way it’s obviously set up, rolling for items isn’t a thing. Each item has it’s on drop rate, total items on the drop table don’t play a role

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    You and jay and some other people keep saying that everyone wanted a harder boss. I saw like three people say that. Everyone keeps making it out to be like the entire community wanted a harder boss and that just isnt the case
    The 3 people you say you saw, commented on threads concerning drop rates is the issue, Derailing the comments concerning the drop rates..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Just leave the cap alone and stop complaining this is what PL use to be and shouldn't be some easy game play that one person can solo a map PL use to be about team play now it's all about pets buff stats that they give you, The game has change a lot since I started playing when PL first came out, Red dragon can be soloed by one person and you can use potions now in both slayer and lair that was not a thing back then it was team play for everything, the drop rate should not change so everything can be easy PL wasn't like that in the past you have to farm till you got it and this new cap is just that it's a mystical item for a reason if everyone got it then it would not have any value.

P.S cinco bring back human face

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by axce; 08-02-2019 at 08:23 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to axce For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by axce View Post
    Just leave the cap alone and stop complaining this is what PL use to be and shouldn't be some easy game play that one person can solo a map PL use to be about team play now it's all about pets buff stats that they give you, The game has change a lot since I started playing when PL first came out, Red dragon can be soloed by one person and you can use potions now in both slayer and lair that was not a thing back then it was team play for everything, the drop rate should not change so everything can be easy PL wasn't like that in the past you have to farm till you got it and this new cap is just that it's a mystical item for a reason if everyone got it then it would not have any value.

P.S cinco bring back human face

This game has never been like this you’re right, drop rates were calculated fairly, and any plat hosted dungeon was 5 platinum and gave you access for 4 hours, or until you looted an item. Now you’re lucky to see a decent piece of gear drop. And you didn’t have to grind 825k!!! Exp! That’s almost a million exp!! , every cap has had 30-50k a level, after level 76. And the extension levels ex. 56, 61, and 66, all needed only 100k exp to hit. You can’t call your self an original player when you started at 76. This game died during 76 with the release of AL and went without an update for almost 2 years. And why are you still asking to “bring back” HUMANIAN FACES, but telling people to stop asking for things? Lol hypocritical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mastervoodoo View Post
    This game has never been like this you’re right, drop rates were calculated fairly, and any plat hosted dungeon was 5 platinum and gave you access for 4 hours, or until you looted an item. Now you’re lucky to see a decent piece of gear drop. And you didn’t have to grind 825k!!! Exp! That’s almost a million exp!! , every cap has had 30-50k a level, after level 76. And the extension levels ex. 56, 61, and 66, all needed only 100k exp to hit. You can’t call your self an original player when you started at 76. This game died during 76 with the release of AL and went without an update for almost 2 years. And why are you still asking to “bring back” HUMANIAN FACES, but telling people to stop asking for things? Lol hypocritical.
    First off yes I'm asking for human face cause who doesnt want that, the face is dope asf and I'll leave it at that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

If anything there could be a new type of "humanian" faces introduced for this cap, going along with the theme. I wouldn't be opposed to some type of competition where an elite Ebonthrax was introduced, and first, say 5-10 teams were able to kill it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aoeqt View Post
    If anything there could be a new type of "humanian" faces introduced for this cap, going along with the theme. I wouldn't be opposed to some type of competition where an elite Ebonthrax was introduced, and first, say 5-10 teams were able to kill it.
    See human face is dope stop complaining if you dont like the game and where it's going protest at Austin Texas somewhere goggle the address or something my guy

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,169 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mastervoodoo View Post
    The community consistently complained about the wrong thing. The boss being too “easy” and needing to be more “challenging” and you got what you wanted. To be honest he still isn’t that difficult to beat with a good team. While using a 3x combo along with a couple other 110s we managed to kill him within 2-3minutes which is fair. So the difficulty of the boss is perfect and matches elite red dragon during l76 cap. So the only issue I’m seeing at the time being is the drop rates. I do not think they need to be buffed, rather I’ve found a more appropriate solution. End game players have no need for common, trash, nor uncommon gears. To my belief, I’d assume if the common, trash, and uncommon drops were removed from ebon thraxx, we’d see a lot more legendary, elite, and gold treasure chest drops. With that being said, there actually hasn’t been a single golden chest drop from ebonthraxx that I’ve heard of. And only 2 mythical pieces exist in the game from what I’m aware.
    I prefer to keep the rare and special items rare and special. You’re suggesting that only the most desirable items should be in the loot table - which entirely defeats the purpose. I realize that I had this approach in previous caps - but looking back at all the metrics, I believe it was a mistake. So 110 addresses this mistake by keeping rare and ultra-rare things actually rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I prefer to keep the rare and special items rare and special. You’re suggesting that only the most desirable items should be in the loot table - which entirely defeats the purpose. I realize that I had this approach in previous caps - but looking back at all the metrics, I believe it was a mistake. So 110 addresses this mistake by keeping rare and ultra-rare things actually rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, you’re misinterpreting what I’m suggesting. Leave mythical super rare I don’t care, good for those players who get lucky enough to drop one. But it took me and 4 other l110s 13 minutes to kill ebonthraxx Timed. We all rerolled for trash and one for an epic. We have to have atleast some type of decent gear that drops that makes people want to play, and I was off and on all last night to find no chamber runs happening, so I asked several friends and all stated “I’m waiting for cinco to update drop rates before I waste 15minutes for a common item”. Don’t believe the issue is mythical, it’s being able to farm a set in general. I think many would agree to leave mythical as rare as it is, as long as elite is actually dropping given the difficulty of ebonthrax now. No one can pvp atm cause no one can complete a set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Honestly yeah I think higher the chances of elites and maybe just ever so slightly mythics is the way to go at this point. If cinco really wants to keep it rare it can be the next arzac,magor, warat helms and armor while it will take a while to complete the whole set, but if everyone can get satisfied with elite gear pvp for a while with its higher chances that might be the road to take. Also we should add vanitys to ebo to keep people farming in the future as well because who doesnt like a new set of vanity’s.
    Last edited by 3pc; 08-03-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    Honestly yeah I think higher the chances of elites and maybe just ever so slightly mythics is the way to go at this point. If cinco really wants to keep it rare it can be the next arzac,magor, warat helms and armor while it will take a while to complete the whole set, but if everyone can get satisfied with elite gear pvp for a while with its higher chances that might be the road to take. Also we should add vanitys to ebo to keep people farming in the future as well because who doesnt like a new set of vanity’s.
    I’m glad you’re agreeing, but the objective rn is to stay on track. Everyone keeps presenting ways to help fix the issue over drop rates, so let’s just focus on that for now instead of adding vanities to ebonthrax �� let’s get drop rates handled then worry about adding extra stuff into the game.. makes what we’ve been trying to do counterproductive cause it makes him take it as if we are just asking for everything .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

keep mythics as rare as they are, but please don't make endure 15 minutes of death for a trash stowaway knife and then no exp orb.
    as is I am just running Isle of the Night over and over to cap, i dont mind the grind, I probably wont PVP because I am terrible at it,

but here is my fear, things stay the same, people like me cap, and don't try for anything else, and the game is just as dead as it was 2 months ago when we kept saying the update would be "tomorrow"

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Lalaanica For This Useful Post: