Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pharcydes Winter Festival Compromise Idea

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default Pharcydes Winter Festival Compromise Idea

I was reading Samhaynes posts in Apollo's thread, and had a stroke of genious

So Samhayne said that the 2 platinum per run was made to appeal to the "masses" (Kids) and allow more people to enjoy the content.

So why not have a option for both farmers and the "masses"?

Have a 15-30 platinum one time purchase for the holiday content, and it provides unlimited access.

Orrr...

Have it be 1 platinum = 10 minutes of access/ 2 platinum = 25 minutes access/ 5 platinum = Hour 20 minutes access.

This caters to farming players and players who just want to experience the content and get the 2 quest vanitys

Improvements:
    - Got rid of the 4 hour elixir: It was absolutely pointless on PL and was only leading to mass exploiting of Voleria Epics on Star Legends.
    - Got rid of the elixir vanishing after boss, you can squeeze in as many bosses as you possibly can with the new timed elixirs

Ideas:
    - Get rid of the gamble package and sell the items separately at scaled prices. I'd buy them all that way.
    - Don't have deals of the day like Antlers, when you can get them free
    - Christmas Eve - Have a half off hour and 20 minute access elxir DotD
    - Christmas day - Have the least purchased vanity on sale for the DotD.
    - Since it is kinda late in the year and a lot of people already bought access, this would be a idea for next years Holiday.

Ideas?
    Opinions?
    Concerns?

Tell me what you think. Please no trolling or flaming.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pharcyde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Nice. I suggested something similar on some thread...2p per run, if they insist on keeping it, but also offer something like a 5-10p per hour pass, and 10-25p for the duration of the event. That way, there are multiple options, like you suggested. Farmers would be happy, kids would be happy, sightseers would be happy, relatively speaking.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Something like a 30 plat costume that let's you 'sneak' in an unlimited number of times would be great. Just a note to devs, I do appreciate that the current Christmas content is what it is, but these are thoughts for the future.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Nice compromise but fist sts has to see their "mistake" afterwards there has to be a solution found. Hope that happens fast :-). This game has the fastest support i have seen so hope it will be fast this time
    Characters:
    Deadfarmers Level 76 Mage Deadsoldiers Level 36 Bear Deadfighters Level 15 Twink Deadmerchant Level 33 Merchant

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Thanks for the ideas Pharcyde, and also to the rest of you have also been promoting interesting alternatives.

We're be discussing this and all of the community feedback tomorrow.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Also, I think the timing is a bit strange for the WF event... Look at it this way, I only buy plat on Xmas, and by then it wil be almost over right? Isn't the most popular times of purchase is at Xmas as presents/gift vouchers? Dont make sense to me...

Also, Voleria is impossible to solo, but for some reason when haveing bought a 3x elixir, they seem really squishy.... suggesting something?...
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Thanks for the ideas Pharcyde, and also to the rest of you have also been promoting interesting alternatives.

I threw the thread together in 5 minutes before work, so I didn't get to explain everything if you wanna check back.

I really really like Fluff's idea for the "Sneak" option. Maybe unlimited access could be a special vanity, that when you have equipped, you can get into games for free, or "sneak" perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    Also, I think the timing is a bit strange for the WF event... Look at it this way, I only buy plat on Xmas, and by then it wil be almost over right? Isn't the most popular times of purchase is at Xmas as presents/gift vouchers? Dont make sense to me...

Also, Voleria is impossible to solo, but for some reason when haveing bought a 3x elixir, they seem really squishy.... suggesting something?...
    Yes and no Ninja. The event usually is halfway over by the time christmas has arrived. Meaning that people who can't wait can get a early start, and players who are relaying on itunes giftcards for the holidays can still play.

The only advantage is extended time to farm content, and first pick at high prices for players who can afford to buy holiday content early.

And it has always been like that Ninja, even when the first super elixirs were appearing. It is to promote group activity. But if you are so inclined to solo, you can do so effectively with elixirs. The group exp bonus, increased drop rates, and overall effectiveness of clearing a map all points to encouraging group activity. We can't really call greed on that one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Well theres a reason your a genius- Threads like this!!!!! its beautiful.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

I like the idea of the pass/one time purchase, but STS will not listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Something like a 30 plat costume that let's you 'sneak' in an unlimited number of times would be great. Just a note to devs, I do appreciate that the current Christmas content is what it is, but these are thoughts for the future.
    Ninja costume xD

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    I like the idea of the pass/one time purchase, but STS will not listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Well theres a reason your a genius- Threads like this!!!!! its beautiful.
    Heheh I think it's soo ugly. I was running late for work and was like "OMG I JUST HAD A APIFINY!! MUST POST BEFORE WORK!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

This was suggested by many in the "official feedback section" for WF but good idea to make a separate thread as it's easier for the devs to recognize instead of filtering through 17 pages.

I will probably be the lone voice to say that 25-30 plat is much too cheap for the all-access pass. I think 25-30plat is good for 2-4hours. Plat low/conservative players will still be able to enjoy the content and the hard-core farmers would still be able to maintain some lucrative merchanting. I think a fair price for an alk-access pass is a minimum of 100plat.

One issue that has not been addressed is the handling of those that already invested much more than the suggested pricepoint if it's amended.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kallima View Post
    This was suggested by many in the "official feedback section" for WF but good idea to make a separate thread as it's easier for the devs to recognize instead of filtering through 17 pages.

I will probably be the lone voice to say that 25-30 plat is much too cheap for the all-access pass. I think 25-30plat is good for 2-4hours. Plat low/conservative players will still be able to enjoy the content and the hard-core farmers would still be able to maintain some lucrative merchanting. I think a fair price for an alk-access pass is a minimum of 100plat.

One issue that has not been addressed is the handling of those that already invested much more than the suggested pricepoint if it's amended.
    100 is still a bit steep, not even new dungeon content was that expensive when they actually charged for it.

30-50 plat is what I would say, max. 100 keep pink prices way high and then basically you could get really rich by spending platinum. But that is just my opinion :P.

The devs have reversed decisions before and dealt with the aftermath by refunding platinum to anyone who spent it. Now that the game population is a lot higher, they might have to refund on request. So platinum would not be refunded until the player emailed support about it. To make sure ignorance doesn't play devils advocate, they would have to make it very clear in game that they can get plat back by requesting it.

Also, you have to remember a lot of us purchased the dungeon access last year, and it is the same exact map with the same exact mechanics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I know that what's affordable is based on individual circumstance but as someone that was testing how much one could earn with TapJoy offers I can confirn that I earned over 150plat. I didn't download any apos that required money or personal info, so though it would be mind numbingly dull, it's still a viable option for those limited by income.

Yes the environment is the same, a point I lamented in a different post but the loot isn't. If we are going to be honest, that's the majority of the reason why we fight bosses - for the loot.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kallima View Post
    I know that what's affordable is based on individual circumstance but as someone that was testing how much one could earn with TapJoy offers I can confirn that I earned over 150plat. I didn't download any apos that required money or personal info, so though it would be mind numbingly dull, it's still a viable option for those limited by income.

Yes the environment is the same, a point I lamented in a different post but the loot isn't. If we are going to be honest, that's the majority of the reason why we fight bosses - for the loot.
    What if you already burned through all the tapjoy offers from previous events in the not so far past?

How does only changing the loot make the map value turn from the previous 10 platinum to 100? Yeah in all honesty, we only want the loot. But the big talk is always about how much it costs to design the content. When only a slight adjustment in the content was made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Well, normally I would say they should have budgeted their plat as we all knew WF was arriving BUT no one could possibly foresee such a price hike from 10plat to 10x that amount. From that perspective I would say that your amount is more reasonable but that might defeat the intention the devs had when they stated that the hard core farmers would have to pay more for that privilege.

Just my 2¢, but most, myself included would agree that any adjustment would be better than the pay to play linked with every boss kill we have now.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Well it seems neither of us are right or wong lol. All ideas have gone against something sts is now enforcing. I feel like their vision on the direction of the game has gotten murky. Before, you could nail it right on the head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

while changing the whole scheme of things for this go around might be too late, I do like the idea of christmas day specials. good way to get players busy with their family on xD
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I agree! After all these complaints and the devs haven't changed anything!

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by faoeskekie View Post
    I agree! After all these complaints and the devs haven't changed anything!
    Well, it's been the weekend. They generally do not make any patches/updates over a weekend. Give it a little time to see if anything happens.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

If you havent noticed JustG has been spending a large amount of time on the forums this weekend. He is on his days off, not being paid, yet he is still on. Give them some time.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Pharcyde For This Useful Post: