Thread: Cinco NERF Ebonthrax

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    I can understand the frustrations of farming and not getting anything.

But I am a farmer by nature and my attitude towards farming differs from most.

How I keep myself motivated is the adrenaline rush I do get from a legendary or elite drop. I do not farm with the desire to get the best drop each time. I enjoy farming and the skill of clearing a stage quickly with a group of friends. It relaxes me after a stressful day. My reward for farming is the gold loot that drops as well as the liquidation price of items I do not wish to keep. If you farm with the desire of receiving the best drop each run you will hate farming. Change your attitude towards farming and you too might find it more enjoyable.

Cinco has mentioned many many times that the Mythic drops in this campaign are super rare and our best chance to loot them are from indeed the gold dragon chests.

As well as his thought of rare drops to remain rare , so as the price in these items will be viable and retain their value. And it will take months to obtain an entire set.

This new campaign goes back to the old days of Pocket Lengends.

Where you had to grind and work hard to level up, to loot a rare drop.

Platinum assists you to gain experience faster. As well as opening the Gold Dragon Chests.

Time to co-ordinate grinding xp runs to level up and cap with friends in Map 1: The Isle of Night, as well as getting a group of level 110 friends together to farm Ebonthrax.

Let us build stronger friendships and work on this daily and we all will get these sets we desire.
    I would have to strongly disagree on your statement this this cap brings us back to "old pocket legends". Going back to the sewers cap, I can't remember a single cap where one was expected to farm for months before aqcquiring the top tier set. Not only that, but pvp is completely unplayable right now, but that's a different story.

Right now you have mythic items going for in excess of 100m an item. Sure, with time those prices will drop but with enchantments, you are looking at least 500m for a complete mythic set. During the 56 cap you had useable gear at every level, green, purple, etc. You could pvp reasonably well against any other player if you had a bit of skill and timing. I know you are more pve focused, but to obtain a healthy player base you need both sides of the coin.

In the 61 cap you had the demonic sets, and while they took weeks to complete, they were a blast to complete. The process was incredibly engaging and the steels made it so even elixirs would only get to so far. But in the end you had an incredibly engaging pve experience rather than smashing your head against your screen for 5 minutes to kill a boss that'll drop you a trash item, and if your lucky you will reroll to a common.

Perhaps I am rambling, but my point is that this cap is missing the core elements of what made this game great. And at the core of this is in fact the drop rates. Without a healthy economy players will cease to log on and spend money to get a head. There is nothing ordinary about this cap and it is completely unsustainable in its current state. This is not reminiscent of the good old days of pocket legends, and from where I am sitting it feels like a blatant cash grab.

I hate to say this but you have a completely unplayable pvp situation, and a pve environment that is essentially a lottery, more so than it has ever been. Just feels like one giant squeeze to get us to empty our wallets attempting to farm virtual items that don't seem to exist.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Faq For This Useful Post: